SPF Technical Support Thread

Not sure if that would help you, but there is not much to lose at this point (worst case, you can delete the rcInfo file and start over).

Sorry if this has been addressed somewhere else, I've searched but haven't seen anything. I'm currently getting an "unknown item" bug on my Barbarian in ATMA because of the key from Duriel (essence of suffering?). ATMA believes the file to be corrupted, so it won't open and I can't do anything with it. Is there a way to fix this (update or what-have-you) or do I need to drop the item in-game and move on?

Thanks in advance for any help you can offer.

Mala

Sorry if this has been addressed somewhere else, I've searched but haven't seen anything. I'm currently getting an "unknown item" bug on my Barbarian in ATMA because of the key from Duriel (essence of suffering?). ATMA believes the file to be corrupted, so it won't open and I can't do anything with it. Is there a way to fix this (update or what-have-you) or do I need to drop the item in-game and move on? Thanks in advance for any help you can offer. Mala
Where did you download ATMA from? If you got it from the link on the front page it should be updated for the essences and tokens. Get the updated version from here so you do not have to update the files yourself.

Also be sure to keep the essences and tokens on characters NOT stashes, or you will corrupt the stashes if you open it with ATMA. One last thing if you have not already looked into using GoMule you might want to try it. It is already updated for the essences and if I recall correctly as long as you do not open the stash with ATMA you can even keep the essence/token in a stash using GoMule only.

Thanks. I have ATMA for 1.13c, and it recognizes the key of terror, so I dunno what the issue is. I'll try GoMule, I guess :)

I can't find anyone else with my problem through google. Since it's happening on two computers now, I'm hoping that's because everyone else was able to figure it out quickly and easily by themselves.

I'm running GoMule on a windows vista computer and a windows 7. The windows vista one works fine, but it has an older version of java on it. If I update then it starts having the same issue as my windows 7 computer.

The issue is just that in the GoMule folder, GoMule.jar is considered a WinRAR archive file. Opening it in WinRAR obviously doesn't bring up the program. Do I have to go "Open with..." and choose something specific to make he .jar file type open with something else?

Thanks in advance and sorry for the potential stupidity I'm displaying here. :coffee:

View attachment 4937

You can get the file extension handling working again, but it might take some fiddling with the registry due to how the file is opened. In the grand scheme of things, it is probably easier and quicker to just re-install the java framework.

If you do want to go down the file association path though, I can help.

Last edited:
Reinstalled Java on windows 7 and all is good. I swear I reinstalled multiple times on my older computer without any fixes, but whatever. I'm happy to get it working here. :whistling:

Is there a way to get Silospen's run counter to remember your profiles and times when you close the application or restart your computer?

No. It only needs be someplace where it's able to create new files. It will then create data files for its own use.

No. It only needs be someplace where it's able to create new files. It will then create data files for its own use.
Its folder is on the same drive as GoMule's, which has no problem writing/creating files, so it should be able to do it. I also double-checked its permissions and it has full permissions (folder, too). I'm running Windows 7 Ultimate x64.

This screenshot shows the "rcInfo" has been recently updated around the time I finished some runs last night and went to bed (so it can write).

Any suggestions?

If you open the rcInfo file in any text editor, does anything look amiss? File path incorrect, etc. You can post the contents here if you don't mind sharing.

If you open the rcInfo file in any text editor, does anything look amiss? File path incorrect, etc. You can post the contents here if you don't mind sharing.
Nope, everything looks correct. The counter is currently open so I don't know if that affects anything. I don't want to close it right now though because I'm in the middle of doing some runs.

Code:
Finne.0.fastest:21974
d2dir:C:\Program Files (x86)\Diablo II\save\Finne.d2s
Finne.0.avgRTime:9899751
Finne.nProfs:1
Finne.0.totRuns:291
Finne.path:C:\Program Files (x86)\Diablo II\save\Finne.d2s
Finne.0.pTarget:Lower Kurast
Finne.0.nSaves:1
chars:Finne
Finne.0.totRTime:10369534

Interesting - the tuples in your file are separated by colons : rather than angle brackets > like in my rcInfo file. Another poster earlier in the thread had practically the same issue. I think you might have a slightly different version of the run counter -- can you try downloading it again to see if that helps at all?

Ello SPF, Diablo 2 managed to pull me in yet again.

So this is probably a Java issue, I tried searching for a fix to no avail. Tends to happen in every menu whenever I mouse over a button or such (adding a stash/character). Would any of you have a clue how to fix it?

http://i.imgur.com/zn8EVpo.png

relevant info:
latest gomule, but happens in a slightly older version too
Java 7 update 45
Windows 8.1

Ello SPF, Diablo 2 managed to pull me in yet again. So this is probably a Java issue, I tried searching for a fix to no avail. Tends to happen in every menu whenever I mouse over a button or such (adding a stash/character). Would any of you have a clue how to fix it? http://i.imgur.com/zn8EVpo.png relevant info: latest gomule, but happens in a slightly older version too Java 7 update 45 Windows 8.1
Welcome back. I have not played with GoMule on the latest version of Java, but one thing to make sure is that you are extracting all the files form the zip not just extracting GoMule.jar by itself or running it from the zip. Also where do you have the GoMule folder? Also have you tried making the GoMule window bigger?

PurePremium
Estimated market value
Low
High