RIP: Our Fallen Friends

Status
Not open for further replies.

Re: RIP: Our Fallen Friends

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------
HC Death Certificate:
============

Character name: Rosarius
Character level: 80
Character class: Paladin
Character build: Zealot/1-Point Smiter
Game difficulty: Hell
Act: 5
Corpse looted: No (Grrr)
Death type: PvM

A Conviction Ventar the Unholy got me...big pack of fire-breathing gits...now I have lost my good smiter gear I dunno what i'm gonna do :cry:

HC Death Certificate:
============

Death Certificate

Character name: Staleek
Character level: 85
Character class: Barb
Character build: Zerker
Act: 1
Corpse looted: No

Cause of demise: My game crashed while fighting clone.

============

Death Certificate

Character name: gatnechc
Character level: 93
Character class: Necro
Character build: Summoner

Tele'd into a nasty pack of souls in WSK, ate 3 full juvs as life ball went down, up,down,up,down, and up again until it it went all the way down :(

was #52 on Nec Hc Ladder close to being on overall ladder.

man im pissed

xxgatorzxx
peace

HC Death Certificate

Character name: GoneUbering
Character level: 77
Character build: Smiter
Game Difficulty: Hell
Act: Ubertristram
Corpse looted: Yes

Me, Kaxe, Tika, Ivan and Tom where doing UT's. On the previous run, we cleared UT without any problems so we decided to make another one. Everything was fine until we got into Tristram. The group became unorganized as the ubers all came at the same time. It resulted in that Kaxe was left alone and his barb got deeds. When we got back the others went on to loot him while i charged against Meph. As the lifetap curse was on he did no harm, until he casted those lighting bolts. I had nearly 4k hp and full res and all suddenly my life bar went from ~4k to 0 in like 0.1 sec. What was so strange with it was that all the other times he casted the lighting bolts i did not take more then maybe 1/4 of the healthbar, while now i got deeds in no time. I still can't believe how i died so quickly. Their deeds of valor will be remembered...

HC Death Certificate

Character Name: OneHotChik
Character Level: 82
Character Class: Sorceress
Character Build: Chanter
Game Difficulty: Normal
Act: 1
Corpse Loot: No
Death Type: PvP or Pure Stupidity

A level 52 Druid entered game and hostiled. Feeling cocky I ran out and called him out. I spammed the bridge with Fireballs. He ran out-took about 8 of my FB's and 2 hit me. Full tals set, torch, anni, and a Mang Songs Lesson on switch.

HC Death Certificate

Character name: Haain
Character level: 90
Character class: Barbarian
Character build: WW IK Barb
Act: Ubertristram

xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx

See PestinReace's post two posts up from this one...he was the first character built on the start of the new ladder...his charms and rings and amulets were still fairly junky but I will miss the 3/23/19 life I had on him :cry:

HC Death Certificate

Character name: Snapperoni
Character level: 78
Character class: Sorc
Character build: FO/TK
Act: A3, Travincial

Stupid lagmonster kept me in the game long enough to die, then dropped so no loot. Awesome!

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------
HC Death Certificate:
============

Character name: TheRJ
Character level: 68
Character build: li
Game difficulty: nm

Was teleporting in wsk 3 in a private baalrun and landed amped in a group of those knights, was a 1 shot =[ Lost my tals armor in stash =[

Character name: Anton-Lavey
Character level: 53 :(
Character class: Pally
Character build: Smiter
Game difficulty: Nightmare
Act: 4

Cause of demise: i was in in diablo's sanctuary and they trowed an iron maiden curse on me when i hitted 1 :(

but now i got a 48 smiter already so no worry's :)

HC Death Certificate:
============

Death Certificate

Character name: Wyf
Character level: 71
Character class: Barb
Character build: IK Barb
Game difficulty: Nightmare

Cause of demise: @$%&^#@ IM and OK's. Just hit WSK3 and apparently didn't switch from WW to Zerk. One hit and done.

=============

HC Death Certificate
====================
Character name: Tilz
Character level: 86
Character class: Amazon
Character build: strafer
Act: V
Corpse looted: yes
Death type: pvm

Cause of demise: cornered by 3 packs of Death Lords of the extra fast, stone skin variety. I entered the second level of WSK and immediately encountered the first pack, I place the decoy behind them to give Valk and Merc some relief since they are taking a beating but as luck would have it the Decoy draws a second group with the first, I see things looking real bad quick so I retreat INTO the third pack. I was cornered up against the wall with no line of retreat to the door. I recovered my gear with problems via a summoner necro, and only then did I get a good look at what had killed me(I play with 3 clients running in same game). I had lost some awesome skill/life and all resist life and super max damage AR grand charms, small charms of the max/ar/life variety, merc polearm took me very long time to create. Its been 3 days since death and I am still numb. More hell forge and countess runs. Thank goodness I leave the stash empty.

HC Death Certificate
====================
Character name: Zebraskin
Character level: 49
Character class: Barbarian
Character build: Whirlwind/Battle Orders
Act: 1 - Tamoe Highland

My first Classic Hardcore character. I was leveling up with AgentMarth's sorceress and a massive pack of bad guys started to chase me. I ran and a new pack found me, and another, and... I was colded, mana burned, cursed...And then beaten to death by a bunch of demonic women and some extra strong quill rats. I really wish this was more more heroic, but Zebraskin was a wimp and doesn't fit in that tale..

Death Certificate

Character name: old_cork
Character level: 79
Character class: Necro
Character build: DV summoner with a little bone on the side
Game difficulty:Hell
Act: 2
Death type:pvM/YouTube/Blondie

So I asked the wife to put on some music. I'm working my way through the third level of the sewers, the boss packs are being dealt with. Blondie's 'Rapture' vid comes on, I look...... deeds. This has happened before.:banghead:

HC Death Certificate
====================
Character name: Peculatrix
Character level: 45
Character class: Assassin
Character build: Lightning Trapsin
Game difficulty: Normal
Act: 5 - Throne of Destruction
Corpse looted: no
Death type: tppk

It was a classic. I had a nice baalrunning pub group and after a while attention starts to slip a bit. Then one game some sorc enters the game while it's well underway, but I wasn't paying attention, so less then a minute later deeds, an evil cackling sorc and memories flooding back in from old times...oh yea, watch out for high level chars entering pub games late...

Death Certificate

Character name: Smooth McCool
Character level: 24
Character class: Nercromancer
Character build: Summoner
Act: 3

Cause of demise: One of the council members in Durance 3 had conviction aura and was surrounded by unique Blood Lord pack. At least the end was quick.

HC Death Certificate
====================
Character name: MastersBonesVII
Character level: 73
Character class: Necromancer
Character build: Fishy/DV
Act: 2

Cause of demise: Sheer stupidity. Was doing the Amulet quest for another character a couple levels lower. With my newly twinked setup with Nat's boots and Trang's armor, I thought I could just zip past everything above-ground to get to the tunnel entrance as fast as possible. The Cursed, Cold Enchanted, Mana burning Zombies and Champion Spear Cats teamed up to show me the error of my ways. That was the first stupid thing.

So why didn't I get looted if I was rushing another character? Yes, that other character could have fairly easily made it to the corpse and looted it. But it was running on a different computer which had different key setups. So before starting out to rescue the corpse, I went to change the key setps. But instead of clicking "Options" I missed and hit "Save and Exit" instead. I think that may be a candidate for the stupidest thing ever done in this game.

HC Death Certificate
====================
Character name: PurpleHat
Character level: 81
Character build: Hammerdin
Game difficulty: NM

Cause of demise: Fire Enchanted Bartuc the Bloody. Thought I could tank him (as I had done countless times before on NM) with 90@ and 12%dr and full health. Apparently I was wrong :smiley:. Fortunately my summoner had no problem whatsoever recovering the body. The ironi is, since none of my friends were online, I thought I'd play NM to be on the safe side.

And yes - I had read all the warnings about him. Just plain stupidity :banghead:.

HC Death Certificate:
============

Death Certificate

Character name: GothyGabbie
Character level: 70
Character class: Sin
Character build: Warrior Monk
Act: 1/Tower

We had just entered level 2. The first room had three doorways and there were boss packs in two of them. I took my baba left and ran into a pack of fana goatmen. My wife went up and met an LI/LE Wraith pack. She went down fast. It was frustrating to be unable to help her out, but I had my own problems ATT. She got right back up on the horse again though.:thumbsup:

HC Death Certificate:
============

Death Certificate

Character name: RightousPath
Character level: 23
Character class: Pala
Character build: Hamerdin
Act4/ChaosSanctury

My first HC death.Ran into the middle of some Knights,panicked,pressed all the wrong buttons.......Deeds.

Character name: xTIKKIx
Character level: 80
Character build: Meteorb
Act: 4
Death type: TPPK GRRRR!!!! :mad: :mad:

friend was giving me a boost to runequest..
some1 joined when i said come to river to my friend
think he readed it and wpéd to river of flames and BOOM dead... :(
his Accname is : Gliffer

Status
Not open for further replies.
PurePremium
Estimated market value
Low
High