Re-introducing Kartongen

Kartongen

Aug 1, 2008
Hello. I am back. I may be a relatively familiar face for some of you. For the rest and/or the curious, my original introduction thread found here.

I have a tendency to go fully crazy on D2, followed by periods of less interest. Since I love this forum so much, and the community here, I wanted to try to stick round longer last time. I tought I had set up a nice net to keep me keen through my slump with my untwinked sept and especially my 1.11 runeword project. But alas, I had not prepared for the tripple-whammy of un-motivation that was about to hit me.

First was the usual dip I had expected (and prepared for).
Second was the release of D2 ressurected. While this probably motivated many, it had the opposite effect me. Why, you might ask. In many games I tended to fall behind the meta - whenever I had prepared for something that excited me, that had been patched/made obsolete. Diablo was my safe-haven. The perfect haven for my FOMO. But ressurected changed that. *shakes fist*
Third was the soulcrushing blow when I realized my half-assed attempt at finding a crossclass use of Principle (see my 1.11 sept theorycrafting here) would not work. Being able to find a use for more than the life bonus proved impossible. This was highly demotivating for me.

And so, I faded away for a while.
But now, the fever has struck me again. And with that, an obsession to find a desparate, grasping-at-straws cross-class use of Principle.
You can expect to find me making slow glacial progress in my septs mentioned above, and admiring peoples finds and mat/pat/guardian threads.

It is good to be home again.
Kartongen

Hey! There's a familiar name :) .

Welcome back!

*Kicks shins*

Also, I don't want to jump the gun, but I think D2R might just be safe for you (maybe). The start of the last ladder season, brought, *drum roll* ... no new changes ... so I think the dust is starting to settle ... (maybe).

Welcome back. If your computer can handle it D2R does offer some things that should interest you and maybe motivate you to try some old builds that have undergone changes. Lots of new runewords too!

Thanks you yoo. And also, oww! Should have remembered to don shinguards.

Yeah, I will probably turn to D2R eventually. I am just an old miser, and it takes me some time to come around. I am also miffed about the "definately no changes" promise being broken. I knew it would, but I had a small hope we would get a check-box a la classic/LOD.
Also, the no chance to MP with singleplayer characters "for your safety" hits a nerve.

With regards to how old my computer is... It is old. Like 10 years or something, maybe 12. I definitely need an upgrade, but cant motivate the expense right now. (And even then, I will probably get something used.)

PurePremium
Estimated market value
Low
High