Random Tournament 2013

Update for the day. Just rescued Cain but man, its tough going. Still on basic javelin with no useable skills. Hopefully not too far away from composite bow for me and merc. Blood Raven was a right pain in the thon......... Still, not dead yet

Randoom, thanks (I think) for the rolls.

Can someone re-roll Dim Vision, Sash and Crossbow for me.
I'll also promote Corpse Explosion to the Forever list.

Edit: I've decided to keep Dim Vision and Crossbow, so just a re-roll on the Sash please.

A question: Can I put points into passive pre-reqs as soon as they become available or do I have to wait until the assigned skill becomes available first? EG: A theoretical Amazon has Valk as one of her skills, available at level 30. Dodge, Avoid and Evade are all passive prereqs for Valk. Can she put a point into each of them as soon as they become available, or does she have to wait until Valk becomes available at level 30 before pointing them?

@Hew (sorry, this could be interesting)

Code:
Barbarian

Crossbow x2
Staff x1

Forever: Concentrate, Stun, Find Potion
(rerolled Double Swing and Double Throw as these can't be used with crossbows or staves)

Normal: Mace Mastery, War Cry, Bash, Beserk, Increased Speed
(rerolled Polearm Mastery as no polearms)

Helm
Light Armor
Gothic Shield
Light Gauntlets
Light Plated Boots
Belt
Fanged Helm

Crossbow
Heavy Crossbow
War Staff

@Vang

Code:
Amazon

2x Amazon Wpn (let me know if this isn't correct, I rolled randomly between Amazon specific, Bow and Jav to see which would be the group to have 2 weapons from)
1x Bow
1x Javelin

Forever: Critical Strike, Fend, Frozen Arrow

Normal: Avoid, Exploding Arrow, Slow Missile, Strafe, Poison Javelin

Helm
Light Armor
Kite Shield
Heavy Gloves
Heavy Boots
Sash

Maiden Spear
Maiden Javelin
Long War Bow
Short Spear

@Daz

Gauntlets -> Heavy Gloves

I don't think you can reroll Cleansing as it is one of your Normal skills.
See Rule 14: "Re-roll: You are allowed to get a tournament skill, weapon, and armor choice rerolled once per character. "

Last edited:
I'd like to play... been lurking looking at builds and whatnot and these tournaments sound fun. Give me something totally random, except no Sorceress.Questions:1. Whats the distinction between "normal" and "forever" skills? Do I have to respec after normal difficulty and get new skills in place of the normal skills, or what?2. Rule 8 says your merc must use your armor, weapon, helm selections if able. If they are not able, can you put any weapon/armor/helm on them? So e.g. if you use swords and you got an act2 merc, can they use any polearm?I will probably die pretty quickly... Never played HC before, only have one character ever to beat Hell (and that was a necro summoner... I'm jealous of anyone who gets corpse explosion)

Whats the distinction between "normal" and "forever" skills? Do I have to respec after normal difficulty and get new skills in place of the normal skills, or what?

Yes, this is how it works.

2. Rule 8 says your merc must use your armor, weapon, helm selections if able. If they are not able, can you put any weapon/armor/helm on them? So e.g. if you use swords and you got an act2 merc, can they use any polearm?

Yes, unless you have a spear or javelin among your other chosen weapon types...
(Act II mercs can use javelins because they count as spears)
A merc that can not use any of the weapon types rolled for a character has unrestricted weapon choices.

Question; my weapon choices are flamberge, falchion, and grand scepter, and the only merc that can use those is the A5 merc. Can I only use an A5 merc for this tourney?

Question; my weapon choices are flamberge, falchion, and grand scepter, and the only merc that can use those is the A5 merc. Can I only use an A5 merc for this tourney?

You can use any merc you want, but if you use an Act III merc he must use a falchion type sword and if you use an Act V merc, he must use one of your two chosen sword types. If you pick an Act I or Act II merc, they will have full weapons freedom.

I used the code blocks posted in the first post to sort out which rolls meant what, I used the Character Selection screen to roll the char, and then created a character for the skills, starting top left, and progressing right, then down, the way Americans (and most Germanic/Latin/Greek based languages) read text. I'm sorry if I have fouled up, I would be happy to re-roll the entire character if I am at fault in some way! (But, I think you were speaking hypothetically and sarcastically?)

Otherwise, Glaive, Light Gauntlets, and Battle Command?

Try [strike]Glaive[/strike] [strike]Throwing Spear[/strike] [strike]Glaive[/strike] Javelin, [strike]Light Gauntlets[/strike] [strike]Light Gauntlets[/strike] Leather Gloves, and War Cry?

Cheater! As you can see from the amount of times I had to re-roll some things, your original build was destined to be! At any rate, you basically have a Singer shaping up there, with some silly restrictions on him. Is that how you are going to play him? I look forward to seeing what he becomes!

No no, you did everything perfectly fine...well, except for result of the weapon rolls ;-) ...but those rerolls are fine, man!

I'll probably play him as a thrower/singer mix and see where this leads me to. Maybe I'll get double throw for NM...War Cry without synergies and untwinked with those restrictions will be more of a crowd control skill than a real damaging spell though.

@Dezrok,

Yes you can put a point into a pre-req as soon as its available to take advantage of the passive or synergy bonus and not wait (though they maybe small, incase of Amazon they can help greatly as your example pointed out)

Can I get a reroll on Critical Strike, Sash, and Short Spear

ooh this looks crazy .
can i get a reroll on stun, belt , and crossbow. if i get a reroll on crossbow is it just the crossbow type or actually the type of weapon? eitherway ill reroll it lol

oh and so, if i have no crossbow or warstaff, i have to use starting gear until i find one, with nothing else in between? or just play anything and then have to play when i find one of my chosen weapons... just curious...

edit/ so i read a bit from last years rules clarification, so if i cant reroll the weapon type i have staff and crossbow, then i better reroll the staff and keep the crossbow.

Last edited:
@Jcakes

Thanks for the rolls, not to bad.

Would love a reroll on fire mastery and the boots.

@Dezrok

hope I did this right.

Code:
Necromancer

Wandsx2
Crossbowsx1

Forever: Dim Vision, Fire Golem, Poison Nova
Normal: Raise Skeletal Mage, Skeleton Mastery, Corpse Explosion, Decrepify, Summon Resist

Equipment:

Cap
Medium Armor
Bone Shield
Chain Gloves
Heavy Boots
Sash
Preserved Head

Bone Wand
Grim Wand
Crossbow

Fire mastery => nova
Greaves => heavy boots

ooh this looks crazy .
can i get a reroll on stun, belt , and crossbow. if i get a reroll on crossbow is it just the crossbow type or actually the type of weapon? eitherway ill reroll it lol

oh and so, if i have no crossbow or warstaff, i have to use starting gear until i find one, with nothing else in between? or just play anything and then have to play when i find one of my chosen weapons... just curious...

Rerolls:
Howl, Belt (again) and Light Crossbow
(I believe it is just the crossbow type that is rerolled, otherwise you would end up with weapons from more that 2 categories, but if I'm wrong someone will point it out)

Starting gear until you find your designated items, and with no War Staff until well in to Act 3 melee is going to be a problem for you. At least the Light Crossbow will be available almost from the start. I'm actually really looking forward to seeing how you play this Barb, but I'm not going to put any money on you getting past Act I.

@Vang

Rerolls:
Charged Strike, Heavy Belt and Javelin

That's a sweet enough looking Zon you've got!

thx for the rerolls.
well current lvl 6 and just gambled my first crossbow and got a good one: light crossbow of blight +27 poison dmg lol.. so there is hope i guess :)
this looks like a very daunting task lol. conc and zerk if i can live long enough to get a warstaff :scratchchin:

Decided to keep Dim Vision and Crossbow after all, so just waiting on a reroll on the Sash. Anyone?
Thought about making Decrep forever instead of Coprse Exp, but will stick with Corpse Exp.

In the meantime started without any belt at all. Will be clubbing things with a wand all the way to level 12! So far Den of Evil cleared, level 6 reached and found a Septic GC of Balance almost straight away on the Blood Moor, that is a huge help.

Dezrok Necro: Forever: Dim Vision, Fire Golem, Poison Nova

[Later...]

Dezrok: "Can someone re-roll Dim Vision, Sash and Crossbow for me."

Oh, man! Dim Vision is a skill that can get you through the game with enough patience, and an Act 2 merc - untwinked. Nothing else is really needed. Pretty lucky getting a decent poison skill in there as well.

[Continuing my readthrough...]

Dezrok: "Edit: I've decided to keep Dim Vision and Crossbow"

Oh, so glad you changed your mind. I've had great experiences with Dim Vision, so will gladly look through my chars to help you out if you want it later on?

Pharphis Necro: Forever: Weaken, Decrepify, Corpse Explosion

Someone say Explosionmancer? Going to be a great addition to your team.

@Jcakes: Nooo! I was somewhat counting on your Grim Ward. We'll see how it goes. :)

On it Fred - back in a minute or two

Code:
Paladin - 2* Maces 1*Polearm

Crown
Light Armour
Bone Shield
Boots
Gauntlets
Heavy Belt

Heraldic Shield

War Hammer
Spiked club (rolled war hammer again)
Barchide

Forever Skills : Prayer, Blessed Hammer, Vigor
Normal Skill : Salvation, Resist Fire, Holy Bolt, Holy Shock (Vigor), FoH (Vigor) - man Durf really wants you to have vigor....

Rerolls:
Spiked club
Prayer
Gauntlets

@Vang: Re-roll Grim Ward, Falchion and Jawbone Cap.

Thanks, pretty decent roll there.

shameless bump, because correct me if I am wrong but I don't think it has been rerolled.

Also a quick question (I think I know the answer though). If you reroll the skill and the rerolled skill is a normal skill, do you roll again?

@All:
I'll take 2 completely random rolls please, 1 for solo, and one to save for when we get our MP group finalized. Even randomize which one I get to use in SP!

Also, don't forget, for those of us that are asking for completely randoms, this includes the Merc!

I haven't seen anyone doing the rolls yet, so...here you go!

[highlight]logoutzero's MP Paladin[/highlight]

Forever Skills:
Defiance
Might
Vengeance
Conviction (locked Normal Skill)

Normal Skills:
Defiance --> Prayer
Vegeance --> Smite
Fist of Heavens
Conversion
Conviction (locked)

Weapons:
Hunter's Bow
Short Battle Bow
War Scepter

Armor:
Light Armor
[strike]Cap[/strike] Cap
Spiked Shield
Gauntlets
Boots
Light Belt
Aerin Shield

Merc:
Act II Might merc

Uh, well, I guess the two bows combined with Vengeance and Smite as combat skills suck...but I rolled you War Scepter, right?!?!?! A good party character though, if you opt to lock Conviction :)

Rerolls?

[highlight]logoutzero's SP Sorceress[/highlight]

Forever Skills:
Warmth
[strike]Inferno[/strike] Blizzard
Enchant

Normal Skills:
Blaze
Fire Wall
Lightning
Nova
Shiver Armor

Weapons:
Eagle Orb
Smoked Sphere
Gnarled Staff
Long Staff

Armor:
Medium Armor
Circlets
Large Shield
Leather Gloves
Boots
Sash

Merc:
Act V Barb

Wow! Only Fire Mastery missing! I didn't roll the weapons yet, because this looks like you might play it as an Enchantress, but the tournament rules state that for completely random sorcs, I'd have to roll 2 Orbs and 2 Staves...do you want me to do that, roll among all weapons, or choose your weapon classes yourself?

Last edited:
@Vang: Re-roll Grim Ward, Falchion and Jawbone Cap.
shameless bump, because correct me if I am wrong but I don't think it has been rerolled.
Bash, Scimitar, Jawbone Cap

Also a quick question (I think I know the answer though). If you reroll the skill and the rerolled skill is a normal skill, do you roll again?
yes, that's how I do it and it was done the last year IIRC.

PurePremium
Estimated market value
Low
High