Question About Higher Leveling..

BigVF

Sep 1, 2003
Question About Higher Leveling..

Alright, I'll try to make this short. NM Baal can take you up to 70+, correct? And after that it's just sweeping through the Acts in Hell, that will of course give you some levels. But what after that? Hell Baal? That doesn't seem too appealing. Plus the fact that I think no one's gonna help.

Post your comments/ideas/tips..

Golemer said:
And after that it's just sweeping through the Acts in Hell, that will of course give you some levels.

You make it sound so easy. Anyway, Pit runs will take you to lower to mid 80's. More people = more xp but, more people = less drops for you. Decide which is important.

TM

Pit runs, pit runs.. I'm trying to remember where that is. Pit of Despair? Or am I making that up.

Oh yeah, thanks for the hints.

Pit in Tamoe Highlands Act 1

Moseleum Act 1 by Blood Raven

River Act 4

Ancient Tunnels Act 2 Lost City I beleive

All these areas and more are lvl 85 Monsters and solid exp for a good long while. After that its on to Act 5 and Super Uniques and Baal Runs if you want fast exp.

Here's the complete list of level 85 areas:

Act 1:
Pit 1-2, Mausoleum

ACT 2:
Maggot Lair 3, Ancient Tunnels

ACT 3:
Sewers 2, Forgotten Temple, Ruined Fane, Disused Reliquary

ACT 4:
River of Flame, Chaos Sanctuary

ACT 5:
The Worldstone Keep 1-3, Throne of Destruction, Worldstone Chamber

Great experience in all of those places, and the possibility of good drops as well.

So far i have never done a baal run and only played pub games to get to act 5 which was a while ago around lvl 70 . Ive done 70 to 89 by doing solo mf runs of shenk/eld and pit runs. So if ur like me and u dont like pub games that much just mf over and over ...u will lvl at a fairly good pace and be rich by the time u reach 90 +. After 90 Maybe baal runs are the only way, because after 89 i noticed a huge drop in exp from pit runs.

xxsteelxx said:
Ive done 70 to 89 by doing solo mf runs of shenk/eld and pit runs.

My experience with my javazon is this:
Pit is a little bit more 'interesting'. And because the monsters can drop the highest items, I suppose the hope that they might drop something great makes them worth it. Plus, they're not too hard to kill (except the damn lightning immunes for my javazon).

On the other hand, at least for a javazon eld/shenk instead of pit means leveling a LOT faster. The reason: doing eld+shenk means I'm killing 50 monsters in 1 minute. Doing pit runs means killing 50 monsters in 5 minutes.

kurg said:
My experience with my javazon is this:
Pit is a little bit more 'interesting'. And because the monsters can drop the highest items, I suppose the hope that they might drop something great makes them worth it. Plus, they're not too hard to kill (except the damn lightning immunes for my javazon).

On the other hand, at least for a javazon eld/shenk instead of pit means leveling a LOT faster. The reason: doing eld+shenk means I'm killing 50 monsters in 1 minute. Doing pit runs means killing 50 monsters in 5 minutes.

Ya your right about more exp from shenk/eld....but to me that seemed to be the case till around lvl 83..the lvls after that i lvled faster in the pit. Just get a good might merc with a highdamage wep so he can kill the light immunes and his might will help ur jab against them....although...a safer way would prob be a holy freeze merc to help with archers

xxsteelxx said:
Ya your right about more exp from shenk/eld....but to me that seemed to be the case till around lvl 83..the lvls after that i lvled faster in the pit. Just get a good might merc with a highdamage wep so he can kill the light immunes and his might will help ur jab against them....although...a safer way would prob be a holy freeze merc to help with archers

I went to 74 in NM baal runs
to 77 NM Baal/E/S MF runs
to 78 in the quick little rush my party made through hell
to 91 doing E/S/CS MF runs
to 95 doing lister runs
to 96.5 doing baal runs (for 95's he's no big deal, but the exp is noticable, for 96's he's the difference between 1 mil/4 runs and 1 mil/5 runs, for 97s he's close to half the exp earned on a runs).

One thing I could have done is pindle runs.... probably could've gone to 93 or so in a reasonable amount of time doing them. I think at 96 I still get 9k per run, which is more than I got for an E/S at 91, iirc. Or maybe that was 9k at 95...either way it's a bunch more than E/S ^_^

I got 78-83 ridiculously quick doing Hell Andy runs. I'd do pit but it's not the best place for a Cold Sorc to be killing.

Find a place or places that you "LIKE" then make the "game" how FAST can I do this area including game setup and town time (ie total time to do 10 runs etc.).

Make your runs in already packed games like cows, arcane, free, etc.

Great a MF group together, players you know that maybe are lower level and happy for the exp and letting you have first pick at the drop.

my zon is lvl 92, shes gotten there from about, hrm, maybe a total of 30-40 baal runs my friend did, and the rest was all from mfing, mfing act1 hell doing andy, pits, den of evil, any super unique, act5 eldritch pindle(dangerous) and shenk, and just wandering around in act5, she was lvl 70 when i started hell with her.

my nec is lvl 78 now, and i tried andy runs but they take too freakin long (takes me a good deal of time to find lvl 4..).. gonna try the pit runs but the s/e runs, is that also in hell or still in nm.
guess hell but just checking...

Hiho,

i got a very different idea about leveling. I wonder why everybody is just doind this-runs and those-runs. Why dont you just play and clear whole areas in the game? No wonder about most people complaining about a boring game. Well making hundreds of baalruns IS boring.

Im just entering games with some players in. That can be publics or games with friends (GAT for example) and then just play trough act4 and act5 and so on. Its a lot of fun and its kind of a challenge. And the exp there is quite fine too.

Thats about me ...
BC

I'll go out on a limb and say WS 2 and 3 are really great for leveling, but people demand a teleport sorc and are too lazy to walk to Baal. If they would only listen they would get a ton more xp than taking a trapped TP and dying and getting all PO'd.

I know a lot of people who level from their late 70's to 89 by doing P/S/E. I've played my Barb in a group that did RoF/ CS and Keep2/3/Throne full clears from ~77 to 87, my Sin in pure telebaals and P/E runs from 82 to 93, my Nec from 72 to 79 in Pitruns and my other chars are currently either stuck somewhere in A2 or A3 Hell or haven't left NM. I'd say that getting to level 85 is reasonably doable everywhere in Hell, getting to level 90 is quite fast in A4 and A5 of hell is possible and after that you hopefully got a lot of patience or a nice group of people to play with :)

I've leveled from 76-92 doing solo mf runs
The pit
Meph
Baal (Yea i did tons of these from 89-92, ask ConnerMac)
Pindle

er?

Just outta curiousity...Who and where is pindleskin ? Everyones talking about him :p. Ty for info ~Zero

PurePremium
Estimated market value
Low
High