Pindlethon 6

I do not know if I have the patience to do pindle 2000 times. We will find out though, I will try to do 100 runs per day. I will dust my lv 95 zon off and use her. Not sure how much MF I can pack on at the moment. Is there any kind of distinction between HC and SC participants?

@reddragon - I don't like you at the moment... :whistling: LoL
Seriously though, I'm glad you've got some solid interest in another one. I didn't realise it's been around 3 years since the last one! I may end up joining, but I'm resisting at the moment.

I'm reading the last two Pindlethons now, which I was a part of in '07 and '09. I haven't done any MF'ing in a long while now, and even though I still don't have the urge to, nor would I use any items, the fun of the competition is drawing me in... That, and it's more fun to participate and see some drops yourself than to just watch and look at the final outcome.

I'm tempted. I really am.

@n00b - Nah, no difference. The winning is for bragging rights, chance to mock everyone or be humble in victory if you so choose, and the items you find of course, so there's no need for a distinction.
For HC'ers, be careful. Pindle and his pack can deal serious damage, and are capable of one-shotting Sorc's. I've lost a few sorc's to Pindle.

For HC'ers, be careful. Pindle and his pack can deal serious damage, and are capable of one-shotting Sorc's. I've lost a few sorc's to Pindle.

Pfft. . . I did about 3 runs last night on p1, and that seemed fine, so I switched to p8 and came up from the stairs with my singer to almost be killed way faster than I could respond. Good thing Warcry stunned them so it stopped the second attack? I probably had 100/3200 life left.
I tried p3 after that, and didn't like it either, so I guess i'll be going with p1 so I don't die and become angry with myself.

I think we should totally include RobbyD (aka 1.09) so that we can motivate him to get his windeh! Especially since there are no prizes or anything.

Pfft. . . I did about 3 runs last night on p1, and that seemed fine, so I switched to p8 and came up from the stairs with my singer to almost be killed way faster than I could respond. Good thing Warcry stunned them so it stopped the second attack? I probably had 100/3200 life left.
I tried p3 after that, and didn't like it either, so I guess i'll be going with p1 so I don't die and become angry with myself.

I think we should totally include RobbyD (aka 1.09) so that we can motivate him to get his windeh! Especially since there are no prizes or anything.

I'm determined to do him at /p8. I'm only at the end of NM at the moment but I'm planing for a Merc with delirium and maybe Lawbringer (hopefully the knockback will not be horrible) and see how it goes. I guess a Stormshield would eat too much into the damage but I can't wait to get testing. I'm also curious how dual upped Vile Husks (Shael) with Ghouldhide would work against him.

But you guys scared me a bit

I'm determined to do him at /p8. I'm only at the end of NM at the moment but I'm planing for a Merc with delirium and maybe Lawbringer (hopefully the knockback will not be horrible) and see how it goes. I guess a Stormshield would eat too much into the damage but I can't wait to get testing. I'm also curious how dual upped Vile Husks (Shael) with Ghouldhide would work against him.

But you guys scared me a bit

Scared you with what?

To benefit from the lawbringer 'aura' you need to have it on yourself, unfortunately. So if all you want from it is decrep then you're good, but you're probably better using it yourself. It makes you ignore their physical resistance, which is a lot better than just having decrep reduce their physical resistance (I haven't looked at the numbers, but i'm pretty sure he can be immune, so it already becomes better there). It also gives slain monsters rest in peace, which you may prefer for yourself since you should be getting most of the kills, no?
My experience with this is a frenzier with grief and lawbringer, so there's probably something i'm missing, though. What is your char?

Ilandalar plays HC and he should be scared :)

Pindleskin alone can easily do over a 1000 damage on P8 with a "lucky" critical strike (not so lucky for the player). If you account in a might aura or if you get cursed..

I remember he took out my blizzard sorc with max block (charge ignores blocking so it was almost useless), max resists (he also applies fire damage to his every attack since he is always FE), 10% damage reduction and about 800 life in a single blow on P1.

Sure, he scored a critical, must have had might aura and who knows what else, my mercenary conveniently got out of his way, but it happened.

Back again, had a rough couple of days since I last posted.

Less than 48 hours til I can start running Pindle (Australia).

I've been putting off touching him, with my luck, any runs I did before the start would result in 3 TC87 drops that I couldn't count.

Anyway, great to see others willing to join, should be a fun little tourney. Personally I'm gonna try for 100 runs per day, stretch it out a little. With the rares / jewels etc counting I'll probably be popping back and forth to Malah every now and then, hoping for a goodie. Also hoping for a slightly better 'best rune' drop with this lot, with a Lem being my best along with an El during my last lot of visits to Pindle.

@ One Noob - Drystan answered your question regarding HC / SC :thumbsup:Thanks Drystan.

@ RobbyD - Please feel welcome to join, I've ammended the rules to include 1.09 and PM'ed you.

@ Drystan - You know you want to, indeed, will join, just admit it :tongue:

I've been putting off touching him, with my luck, any runs I did before the start would result in 3 TC87 drops that I couldn't count.
This is exactly what happened to me for the last MFO. I was just prepping my sorc who was created the week before solely for this purpose, with very little gear at all, and found Mang Song's 2 days before hand -_- I must have been like level 75 when I found it lol.

I am all set to begin the tourney! Anya on my blizz sorc was a pain but I got it done. I did just a few pindle runs to see what I could handle as far as /player setting.

I am back to running LK on a pretty darn good map for it. I have been getting quite a few frw charms which is going to prove useful here in a couple days. I still need to put together a rhyme shield but thats easy enough, I am just trying to figure out which base is best.

I am back to running LK on a pretty darn good map for it. I have been getting quite a few frw charms which is going to prove useful here in a couple days. I still need to put together a rhyme shield but thats easy enough, I am just trying to figure out which base is best.

Bone shield I think.

Thanks, yeah not for block, just my MF switch of ali baba/rhyme. I made it in a grim shield. Practice runs are seem to show that /players 8 is doable..not as fast as lower setting obviously but I am on a fresh restart so many, many items are grailers and I need all sorts of charms and base items as well.

Thanks for expanding the rules to include me. Just an FYI, items in 1.09 from Pindle are lvl 93 and from his minions are lvl 90.

Code:
[FONT=courier new]Forum Name                   Runs        MF     Build        Version[/FONT]
[FONT=courier new]-----------------------------------------------------------------------[/FONT]
[FONT=courier new]ReDragon                        0       504     Blizzard        1.13 [/FONT]
[FONT=courier new]Jason Maher                     0         0     Multishot       1.13
[/FONT][FONT=courier new]Pharphis                        0         0     Singer          1.13
RobbyD                          0       414     FA/GA Burizon   1.09
[/FONT]

Thanks for expanding the rules to include me. Just an FYI, items in 1.09 from Pindle are lvl 93 and from his minions are lvl 90.

Is no problem RobbyD, I've read your twinking guide and learnt from it so how could I not? :thumbup:

So grand charms from pindle 1.09 are akin to a 1.13 Baal / Nil / Diablo GC in terms of rerolling? I didn't know that one.

General thoughts on p8.

I'm doing it on probably p1, but on p8 you'll get a lot more rares over the course, and these count, so good luck finding some good ones.

So grand charms from pindle 1.09 are akin to a 1.13 Baal / Nil / Diablo GC in terms of rerolling? I didn't know that one.

Yes, and I have an example:

Code:
Natural Grand Charm of Vita
Keep in Inventory to Gain Bonus
Required Level: 83
Item Version: Expansion
Item Level: 93
Fingerprint: 0x4c9fff0d
+45 to Life
+1  to Elemental Skills (Druid Only)

screw it im in! not got a character anywhere near yet, i.e Im gunna have to make a sorc like tonight, but thats all gunna be part of the challenge for me. cant wait to get started.

Just a question though, on the table it currently has mf on it, due to only restarting a few weeks back this number may change for me, do i have to stick to my initial mf number or can i change it as i wish during the thon?

PurePremium
Estimated market value
Low
High