Pindaily - The Windforce Hunt

Re: Pindaily - The Windforce Hunt

I did it on p8 all the way. I think Pindle can't drop them, so it was probably one of his minions.

Pindleskin can drop a Windforce. In hell his monster level is 86 so items he drops will show item level 86 in ATMA. :)

Zomg Zomg!! After months of ambivalence about whether and how to continue working on my grail, I decided to switch from mindless pit runs following the MFO to pindle after reading about your epic quest. It seemed like all odds were against me with the ONLY item left to get from pindle at roughly 50000 : 1 odds. Even worse, are the not-too-distant memories I have of the more than 33,000 runs I did just to get my first Griffon's...

Rather than set a flat goal of 10,000 runs or level from 94 to 95, I decided to try something silly like I had done in the past....Run pindle until he drops 1 base of every TC87.

And just as I was about to go play SC2 and had stopped the music I was listening to, cleared the desktop, etc... I decided to run a little more until he dropped just 1 more TC87 that I could add to my list...

[highlight]AND I COULD NOT BELIEVE MY EYES!![/highlight] :jig:

I don't care if it its ETH, it's [highlight]Grail -1 Baby!!![/highlight]
With the last item being Tyrael's I feel that I can retire from D2 happy.

I would like to send a special thanks to SWizard for creating this thread. All of the followers who are giving it its momentum. The organizers of the recent MFO and especially sensei Fabian, without whom I would may have remained ignorant of the Pit Berserker and the WW Pindle Runner whose powers combined have made me a very happy MF'er today. :cloud9:

Last edited:

Pindleskin can drop a Windforce. In hell his monster level is 86 so items he drops will show item level 86 in ATMA. :)

I was referring to cham/jah runes, not the windy. but like I said, I'm not sure on that one either :\

I had to work over for awhile last night and only got about 45 minutes of Pindle in and guess what: Nothing! Bunch of worthless yellows and reguvs. Got off at a decent hour today so I can get a few more runs in this evening. I would like another Griffon's as the only 1 I have found was about the worst roll you can get, +11,-15. At least it wasnt ethereal.

@Ziambe: wow! Man, that is AWESOME :D I'm so happy that it was this thread that insipired you to go for it! That was the point all along, and just a few days in you already have such a great find to account for. Congrats mate! And by all means don't retire, keep pushing those Pit Runs for Tyrael's!

@everyone: another hour today! And the results are exciting! :yes:

Sets: Broad Sword, Shadow Plate, Double Axe, Ring x2, Demonhide Boots, Tower Shield
Uniques: Legendary Mallet, Rondel, Stilleto, Cryptic Sword

YEAH BABY! Three elites, all non-Meph dropable, all grailers, and the LMallet was found within the first five minutes of running. As soon as I saw it I began whispering "plz be schaefer's plz be schaefer's plz plz!"

Guess what?

View attachment 972

:jig: :thumbup: :jig:

I already dusted off my clvl46 Zealot to push him towards Hell so he can wreak havoc with this shiny toy :cloud9:

Great haul today, I must say! Pretty good results so far with 4 hours spent total. See you tomorrow with one more hour of pindling :coffee:

Don't get me wrong, Pindeh can drop almost everything in the game. He has treated me extremely well in all respects except for the Pindeh Windy. I don't feel the runs were wasted at all.

And the 19K runs? Those are the ones my MF'ers did. All of my toons run Pindy while leveling up for the mad dash to Baal's crib and I don't bother counting those. Those are just for the XP and most toons doing these runs are equipped to make the XP river flow as quickly as possible.

Last night's Pindle running produced some oddballs:

A Green Cap, sure enough, Sander's Paragon (3 times as rare from Pindle as the WF) grrrrrr.

A failed unique Thresher (oh how I wish that Reaper's exists in 1.09)

But Pindle redeemed himself with a grailer, a green Diadem.

The last couple nights have not produced anything significant besides a green Mythical Sword, the first time I have seen one of those. And that is far from significant.

PurePremium
Estimated market value
Low
High