Pindaily - The Windforce Hunt

rafquad

Feb 17, 2012
Pindaily - The Windforce Hunt

Good night brothers and sisters :)

I decided to start a lil' project here: to find Windforce, probably *THE* Diablo 2 find I have wanted the most since, well, ever. I have played, quit and restarted D2 ~5 times now, and hopefully this will be the last (hey, D3 is coming after all) and I'll be able to do everything there is to be done in the game this time. And finding a WF is, on top of being necessary for The Grail, a personal goal for myself. I have never found one, I have a clvl91 Strafer that would love one, and heck, with this thread to back me up, I'll find it :)

With this thread, I plan to help this project in a few ways:

1. To keep me interested. Pindle is, after all, eyeballs-popping.

2. To keep me focused. With a thread to report results, I will run Pindle every day. Without a thread, I'd probably just load the WW Barb and do Trav instead :p

3. Hopefully inspire other players to join this thread and also start/keep up projects of their own :)

Here are the "rules" for the project:

A. I'll run Pindle for at least one hour every day, until I find a Windforce Hydra Bow.

B. I'll be using Magicka, my clvl88 Meteorber. She has 500% MF and each run takes ~20 seconds. That's 180 runs per day. Here's the chance Pindle will cough me a WF, with 500% MF on:

1 : 19426 Pindleskin - [H] Nihlathak's Temple - {mlvl 86}

Hopefully, then, I'll have it in ~108 days. Ugh, this sounds bad :p

C. I'll only run for full hours. If I decide to spend more than 1 hour doing it, I'll then finish the second hour.

D. I'll update this thread daily, report what I found, show some nice screenies if any, etc.

--

That's it, I guess! I know one hour sounds lousy, but between real life and all there is to do in the game, I can't really see myself devoting much more than that on a daily basis, unless I join the next MFO or something. Which I'll probably do, btw :thumbup:

Oh and I already started the project. Just did 60 minutes worth of runs, and found four uniques: Gladius, Cinquedeas, Ancient Axe and Matriarchal Bow. Also found Hsaru's Buckler and a +3 Elemental Skills/20% FCR Circlet, which I reckon is quite nice huh? :)

I'll be off now, and if any of you decide to start a hunt for a specific item, by all means use this thread and let us all know what you will be hunting for and what are the specifics. Hopefully we can help each other keep up with the interest and effort :)

I'll see you guys tomorrow with ~180 more runs!

Cheers, everyone!
~SWiz

Re: Pindaily - The Windforce Hunt

I knew one of the best places to get a Windforce was running Pindle. I did an hour a day for about a month last summer. This is what I got for my efforts:

Windforce
Hydra Bow
'Shael'
Two-Hand Damage: 35 to 238
Required Dexterity: 167
Required Strength: 134
Required Level: 73
Bow Class - Very Fast Attack Speed
Item Version: 1.10+ Expansion
Item Level: 86
Fingerprint: 0x5a0c1c39
+10 to Strength
+5 to Dexterity
+250% Enhanced Damage
Heal Stamina Plus 30%
8% Mana stolen per hit
Knockback
40% Increased Attack Speed
+3 to Maximum Damage (Based on Character Level)
Socketed (1: 1 used)

I know it's not the best roll but it's my only Windforce! :cloud9: I've put a Shael in it as you can see. It's just for one of the projects that I'm working on. Anyway, hopefully this post will inspire you and let you know that it can be done. Good luck! :thumbsup:

Good luck on the Windforce!

I'm currently running AT and Pindle a couple of hours each day to find an IK Stone Crusher. I'm building an IK barb because I already found the armor 2 weeks ago from Pindle and I figure if I just do alot of AT and Pindle runs an IK Maul will drop eventually. My barb is only lvl 50 yet so I hope I get one before I get him to lvl 76, which is the reqlvl for the Maul and Armor.
I know Meph can drop one too, with better chances, but I have done a lot of Meph runs a couple of weeks back for the stretch of about a month and I got really bored with them and I got most items I need from him anyway (still missing IK maul and Shako though)

@timbo: you're pretty luck NOT to see an IK maul drop. It's the most common elite set/unique item.

@Swizard: Diablo is a pretty fickle game. I've had 3 windforces drop in as many months. Good luck with your project.:thumbsup:

@ Fyourics: I know, a few years ago before I quit I had probably more than 10 of those sitting in my ATMA stash and never seen an IK armor drop, but now I still have to find my first Maul while I got the armor already :O

I knew one of the best places to get a Windforce was running Pindle. I did an hour a day for about a month last summer. This is what I got for my efforts:

Windforce
Hydra Bow
'Shael'
Two-Hand Damage: 35 to 238
Required Dexterity: 167
Required Strength: 134
Required Level: 73
Bow Class - Very Fast Attack Speed
Item Version: 1.10+ Expansion
Item Level: 86
Fingerprint: 0x5a0c1c39
+10 to Strength
+5 to Dexterity
+250% Enhanced Damage
Heal Stamina Plus 30%
8% Mana stolen per hit
Knockback
40% Increased Attack Speed
+3 to Maximum Damage (Based on Character Level)
Socketed (1: 1 used)

I know it's not the best roll but it's my only Windforce! :cloud9: I've put a Shael in it as you can see. It's just for one of the projects that I'm working on. Anyway, hopefully this post will inspire you and let you know that it can be done. Good luck! :thumbsup:

Actually, that IS the best roll as the only variable on Windforce is the mana leech (6%-8%).

Now you're on Cloud 10!

Good luck with the search. Been looking for a self-found WF for 12 odd years, hope you search doesn't take as long!

I'm with you on this! I'm running Pindeh in 1.09 for Teh Windeh as I want to try a 1.09 WF Strafer, and my desire for this item is similar to yours. I've actually had a fair number of teasers to drop (I've been taking screenies) such as Viel of Steel, The Cranium Basher, and a good number of white, blue, and yellow Hydra Bows. When I was running 1.09 Countess for the Vex rune, I ended up making a thread and a dedicated character to get it, so I found that whining publicly does, in the end, work! I was thinking of starting a "GIEB TEH WINDEH, PINDEH!" thread myself, but since you already have this one, I'd like to join in participation.

My major Pindeh runner is my 99 BuriZon with Tal's 3-piece, War Trav, etc. and a Langer Briser on kill switch for a total of 385%MF on switch. She uses maxed FA with the Buriza to shatter the minions so they don't get up again, and the LB to GA/FA Pindle. I like her best because of the fast, clean runs with no fiddling around needed.

I also run with my 99 WW Barb who sports over 400% MF on Ali Baba switch, but I find running with him a little tedious due to the mechanics of WW and the volume of potions he produces, but he does have the benefit of Hork to overcome the pain of drinking potions to clear the drops.

Additionally, I have my original, poorly-built but loaded-with-MF 99 Frenzy Barb who sports over 500% MF that I recently equiped with a sick 1.07 crafted Mythical Sword - I put an Ali Baba and a Heart Carver on kill/hork switch for him as I figured the extra 10% chance to hork outweighs the dimished returns from the MF on a second Ali Baba (and he frenzies much faster with that setup too). His Horking is hurt by the fact that he runs with a HF merc, so Pindle shatters fairly often.

Finally, I have my 96 Schaeferdin that actually runs Pindeh on P3 for the XP - his MF is a bit modest - around 250% MF with the 'Rhyme' Royal Shield kill switch (Lightsabre over Ali Baba right now for effectiveness).

I've been at it a month or so now, and find myself completely consumed with this quest over trying to work on my 1.09 v 1.13 Fury Wolves. I've gotten a fair number of drops more rare than the Windeh, like the Lenymo drop that really hacked me off.

So, in that spirit, I would like to just say:

GIEB TEH WINDEH, PINDEH!!!

Wow, lots of replies! I'm so glad I started this, thanks everyone :)

@Robby: That's a very nice cast of runners! It's nice to see some "MF oddballs" there, too. Cookie cutters can be a bit boring sometimes :) I'd run with one of the barbs myself, Find Item really is top notch. Also, from your post it's implied that you're frenzying with Baba and Heart Carver, is that so? Well, imho it's better to use the wpn switch for Find Item only and kill Pindle and co asap, with "real" weapons, and get MF% from other gear. In the end, though, just keep it up with what works for you, in the end what counts is persistency. Good luck to you too, friend!

@everyone: Just finished another hour worth of running. Quite a nice haul, quantity-wise. The quality was a bit lacking though:

Sets: Gothic Plate, War Sword, Breast Plate, Ward, Death Mask, Broad Sword, Helm.
Uniques: Double Axe, War Staff, Mancatcher, Divine Scepter, Large Axe, Death Mask, Poleaxe.
Hydra Bows: One, Blue.
(can someone tell me how to write in green/gold?)

Two elites, not bad, one is a grailer (Ward). The rest is junk, I decided to count 'em "just because", and will keep doing so in order to make a huge, shiny scoresheet :)
Thanks for all the replies and support, friends! I'll cya tomorrow after another hour of Pindle :wave:

This sounds fun, and will give me motivation to keep going - I don't think I'll post all Green/Gold drops (as I leave most things on the ground these days), but I'll post TC3's, useful items (those that I pick up), drops with rarities consistent with the WF, and Hydra Bow drops. I'll also post any notable socketed items.

Some I can remember since starting are (remember I'm in 1.09, so the range of possibilities is much smaller):

Tancred's Hobnails
Lenymo
BKSC
Odnal's Almighty
Veil of Steel
The Cranium Basher
Lightsabre
Schaefer's Hammer
Sazabi's Ghost Liberator
Trang Oul's Girth
Trang Oul's Visage
Stormshield
Skullder's Ire
Duriel's Shell
TGod's Vigor
Hone Sundan
Blackhorn's Face

Actually, that IS the best roll as the only variable on Windforce is the mana leech (6%-8%).

Now you're on Cloud 10!

Thanks! Arreat Summit shows the maximum two hand damage is 547 and the one I have shows 238? Then again it shows the range for the maximum damage is 241-547. Maybe it's incorrect? :scratchchin:

It gives + to max damage depending on level. Just like Buriza.
Equip it on a character and you'll see the result.

I will play in the run Pindle an hour every evening game. That's about the most I can handle of his ugliness at one time anyway. I ran him for probably an hour last night altogether and got absolutely nothing! He is good for full reguvs though!
I was in level 2 of the pits a couple weeks ago and after the carnage was over, I scanned around and 3 blue hydra bows were laying on the ground. I thought damn, what's a man gotta do?

good luck with Pindling :)
I've done ~10+K (haven't really kept track of runs, but it's enough to say that I've leveled exclusively there from 85 to 96) runs in somewhat recent past with my blizz lvl 95 whos (packin' some 620% MF IIRC), and well, I didn't got any Windies... But I got Jah and Cham, and tons of TONS of grailies :D
So best of luck mate, and now go drop that hydra bow!

Good luck mate. Hope you strike pay dirt, because Windforce is, well, just the best item in the game. :smug:

Thanks a lot for the replies and support, everyone! :D

ch1zra, I'm curious, what psetting did you use when you got those HR's? Did Pindle or the minions drop 'em? I'm interested because I've been doing on p1, because pindle dies in about 1 well-aimed meteor +2-3 Fireballs (maxed meteor, fb, fm, plus Infinity on the merc ;p) that way and thus runs where I don't pick potions/rares to ID take as little as ~16-17 seconds. Still, with my setup and killpower, going up wouldn't slow me too much I think, and it might be interesting to do so :scratchchin: Thanks :)

@everyone: Another hour done, this is today's haul:

Sets: Helm, 2x Large Shield, Scissors Suwayyah, Gothic Shield, 3x Ring, Sharkskin Gloves, War Gauntlets, Heavy Boots
Uniques: Poleaxe, Repeating Crossbow, Military Pick, Light Plate, Falchion, Gothic Shield, Partizan, Demonhide Boots, Breast Plade
Hydra Bows: A plain one from one of the minons.

3d day done, and again I get at least one elite S/U in 1 hour. Nat's Mark is a nice set item, I'd be a lot happier with the find if it weren't my 2nd one already :p

Oh and it should be noted that it's not even the 4th day and I've already found Isenhart's Cage and Venomward. See where this is going? :crazyeyes:

Thanks again for the support, friends! I'm enjoying this, the thread definitely makes the exercise 100000% easier and, more importantly, fun :thumbup:

Cya'll tomorrow with another fresh haul!

I did it on p8 all the way. I think Pindle can't drop them, so it was probably one of his minions.
My runs took ~35-40 secs
Also, I managed to forgot that while doing Pindle, I got Griffons and Stormlash lol. I was focused on reaching 96 at the time so I didn't fully enjoy the items, but they are definitely a drops of a lifetime :)

Hope you have better luck searching for the elusive "Pindy Windy" than I have had thus far.

19k runs and still looking. :/

Good luck on finding Pindeh's Windeh. I did 15k Pindle runs for the Pindlethon and other competitions when I was commited to running him. I found some nice items (CoA and my goal of a Griffon's,) but no Windforce. I know others found some HR's in the previous patch we were running at the time, so hopefully you'll get your goal, and some other nice items and runes! Keep up the progress reports.

PurePremium
Estimated market value
Low
High