PhineasB's Character Archive

11/29/19

After Quinta hit 98.75, she got a few million more, and then I switched back to this challenge. I am really enjoying this playthrough, with its nice balance of gear restrictions and modified limited stash among the three. I’ve enjoyed the full-clear single-pass approach before, but it wasn’t going to happen three times in parallel, and the direct style with lower p-settings to speed along when desired is nice.

Enough chitchat, here’s a large update, with all three characters now in A5 NM (except Kratos, who is still available for shopping/gambling in A4). I will do full update for each character to make it easier to follow (my playthrough obviously switched up to stay within an Act of each other).

Eleos (Standard trapper)
We picked up with her at the start of A1 NM, staying at p7 until A4, when she dropped down to p3. With LS and a synergy maxed and CoS for crowd control, it was smooth sailing to take down Countess for a Dol rune drop.

She then picked up a nice upgrade for Kratos in Outer Cloister, with Aldur’s Rhythm a great option until one of higher-end runeword swords or high-end unique becomes possible. Andy then fell, with a little running around involved after the Merc dropped quickly, and nothing of use in her drop. She had enough gems for two GC rerolls, and I figured that Mentalist skiller from Baal wasn’t really useful. First attempt was, you guessed it:
View attachment 52445
Seriously :rolleyes: I kept it for a while, but it’s just not helpful for her, and was eventually rerolled before the crew had reached A3. It became this, which is useful given Tyche’s limited life pool and low mana for Eleos and Tyche:
Code:
Snake's Grand Charm of Sustenance
Grand Charm
Required Level: 23
Fingerprint: 0xd70eb889
Item Level: 60
Version: Expansion 1.10+
+23 to Life
+35 to Mana
After first shopping a 40 IAS claw to increase trap laying speed, Eleos picked up at A2 when Tyche finished A1. It was, um, uneventful, with nothing worth mentioning through taking down Duriel and getting nothing of use. Actually, the same was true of A3 also, with Meph providing nothing of note. She then ran LK, taking on boss packs for a bit, picking up some gems and a nice Shimmering LC of Dexterity.

Eleos was the second to tackle A4, dropping to p3 due to higher LR monsters. The lower p-setting made easy going, with HF providing a Dol, and Diablo dropping easily enough (although Vikhyat would probably say otherwise :p). She is sitting at the start of A5, ready to break the siege.

Tyche (Blizz)
Tyche was next up after Eleos and moved through A1 easily, as to be expected at p1. She netted a Greyform in Tristram, which was kept and has since been upped as a nice life leech armor option for the two merc package characters. Countess provided only a Tal, and Andy then fell, with nothing of use in her drop.

She picked up an Artisan’s TS with iMDR, which became the vehicle for pDiamonds and the shield of choice for Tyche and Eleos. While questing to the Viper Temple, she got this nice orb that increased her firepower and allowed her to clear out her backback by dropping some low-level resist charms:
View attachment 52446
She had more than 230MF at this point, and had a fun triple rare drop that unfortunately provided nothing useful. Duriel was pretty straightforward, with nothing useful in the drop. She then ran A3 after Eleos had completed it, with nothing to report until Meph fell and provided nothing useful. She then rolled a two-teleport map, and ran Meph for a couple levels, with some slight upgrades on rare belts and random S/Us that aren’t useful here and were stashed.

She was the first to tackle A4, with nearly 300MF now that the crew had built up a 3 pTopaz crown. She picked up an Arreat’s in RoF. Not useful, but fun nonetheless! HF was a Shael, and Diablo went down with ease and provided some decent drops that aren’t of use here but nice even so. She then took down Shenk and will pick up a level or two on Eldritch/Shenk runs before moving on.

Kratos (HF/HS Zealot)
Kratos picked back up at the start of A2 when Tyche and Eleos had finished A3. He picked up a GC from a boss pack in the Palace, which turned out a Burning Skiller that isn’t useful here and was still cool and has been stashed. The trio had really good skiller luck with three, but not useful trees (yet).

I forgot to swap in runes for Aldur’s before he got started (Shael, Eth and Tal, with the Tal to allow him to drop a lame poison LC). But he got a Shael and Eth as he navigated safely to Duriel, who needed a town trip after I had messed up positioning on the initial engagement. After a retreat to town, we got it sorted, and Duriel’s drop was interesting but no keepers. The Tal was then added.

I lost track of who got this drop, but one of the trio picked up this rare pally shield, that got a pDiamond and then a second during A3:
Code:
Armageddon Ward
Aerin Shield
Defense: 26
Chance to Block: 42
Durability: 50 of 50
Required Level: 18
Required Strength: 50
Fingerprint: 0x517ca5b0
Item Level: 45
+17% Faster Hit Recovery
+30% Faster Block Rate
20% Increased Chance of Blocking
All Resistances +53
Fire Resist +6% 2 Sockets (2 used)
Socketed: Perfect Diamond
It might actually be end-game for him, unless he finds a mechanic/blocking blue with high resist staffmods, or maybe a 4os ST with high resists. He proceeded to A3, netting these great boots that the crew is now sharing:
View attachment 52448
Smooth sailing to Meph, who provided a nice armor for the merc package crew, and is a candidate for socketing as we look ahead to Hell. He was the last to tackle A4, but first burning through the pgems and again delivering for the crew:
View attachment 52451
Tyche is thrilled! It’s pretty impressive with four skillers, with two direct drops prior to A3, and two rerolls from fewer than 20 total. HF was a Fal, which is handy, and Diablo fell easily enough with nothing of use. He’s still in A4, in case I want to shop due to better inventory options.

Some observations:
- We have not upgraded over the initial Insight Halberd :mad: That’s with 7 Exceptional polearm rolls that have failed, with 4 1os and 2os in A1 a really tough break, and then a 2os, 3os, and a 5os since then, with a Bill that Kratos picked up in CS getting 3os being especially painful. I’ve decided to save rolling ingredients for Elite polearms for now.

- Tyche may stay pure Blizz, at least through Hell Meph. I’m playing direct anyhow, so the immunes in A1-A3 Hell should be manageable. Especially if we can get an elite polearm Insight

- Kratos has lost power, and I’m beginning to appreciate the challenge ahead without access to synergies for the offensive/elemental auras. CB will be key, so hoping for Guillame’s soon (Heaven’s Light would be spectacular), and -eResist will be key. Here’s hoping for an Um for Crescent Moon, although VoR is a more realistic goal with the CBF a really nice bonus. Either way, he will likely shop a life tap wand to help him and the merc.

- For Kratos, I went with Might merc in A2 NM, but I second-guessed fairly soon after due to AR issues. He has dual leech with Aldur's for now, but he's hovering around 60% chance to hit with an Eth socketed (according to LCS). I'm pretty sure he'll be better served by the AR from Blessed Aim merc, but would appreciate any feedback from others. I'm thinking the physical damage needs to be an afterthought once he goes full dual-element aura, and life tap can help balance that out.

- We’ll likely settle into some shopping in A5 once we rescue Anya, looking for claws for Eleos (unless I’m missing something on ilvl, which I will check once we get there).

Team: Spirited Helenes (PhineasB) – 154 pts
Eleos
- (Sin: Traps/Shadow - 10) - lvl 40 - Act I NM – 51 pts
Tyche
- (Sorc: Cold/Light - 10) - lvl 40 - Act I NM – 52 pts
Kratos
- (Pala: Offensive/Combat - 7/1) - lvl 48 - Act II NM – 51 pts

12/1/19

Progress continued over the long holiday weekend:
View attachment 52532
View attachment 52533
View attachment 52534
Eleos and Tyche also did some leveling in Hell, with nice finds, into the late 70s. Kratos is still in NM on Pindle at 68. Here come the updates:

Tyche (Blizz)
She was the first to tackle A5, picking up a the first WP and getting a couple levels on Eldritch. Complaining worked, with Eldritch’s crew dropping a 4os Bec-de-corbin that finally became an Insight upgrade. She sped through to take down Nihl, and then picked up a Fal drop in Frozen Tundra before moving to Ancients and WSK.

We picked up a Gull in WSK3, which was nice to have for HC, before Baal dropped. She then leveled to 70 on Pindle before moving to Hell. Her resists are near maxed with full MF gear, so that was a good sign.

After moving Eleos through A5, we returned to her for a quick push to Countess, before realizing that she was a terrible target given cold immunes down there :rolleyes: A visit to Fara paid off, with a 3os Armor with 24 FHR that got runes for 30 resist to all but poison and a nice upgrade, before taking Kratos through A5.

She then finished the Act, planned to run Andy a bit. She picked up a nice orb upgrade (+2 sorc, 20 FCR, +2 Blizz) along the way before Andy fell. She leveled to 78 on Andy, netting some sweet GC drops, with Steel GC with FHR for Kratos and Traps skiller that Eleos celebrated.

Eleos (Standard trapper)
She was the second to move through A5, with nothing of note as she took down Nihl and then Baal. The staff of teleport helped, with WP right on other side from stairs for Crystalline Passage and one of the WSK levels.

After realizing Tyche’s limitations on Countess, Eleos became the runner of choice, assuming a good map and teleport staff. Her questing map delivered, with WP right by Tower, and only one level with the stairs on the other side from entrance. There was nice boss pack density that helped with leveling, which she did to 76.

She was safe with the 3s FHR armor and charms getting her maxed on all elements (this was before swapping ring for Poison resist and 11@ option). Countess runs delivered, with the only notable drop from Countess herself a Pul, but ghosts delivering an Um and then a Vex :) She also got another Fal and Lum, etc. We actually had one close call where she took two steps out of the stairs and amp’ed before seeing a Fanaticism dark archer pack. Vikhyat bit it, but she was able to step back to stairs and safely TP out to S&E.

The Um opens Crescent Moon for Kratos, so he may actually have killing power in Hell, and Lawbringer/VoR are attainable with only a Ko. Bases are needed for all, so she then quested through to focus on Pit runs, picking up another massive upgrade for Kratos with Guillame’s:
View attachment 52535
Andy fell, and then we picked up another two levels with Andy and Pit runs to 78. We had a plain PB socket cubed to 1os and a superior grey that had 1os We then returned to level Kratos on Pindle with the upgrade in helm slot :D

Kratos (HF/HS Zealot)
I put him off due in A5 NM to his limitations, but knew it would have to happen eventually. So he was next up after Tyche got to Countess. It paid off, with an eth Partizan dropping and then picking up 4os in the cube before becoming a real Insight upgrade! The merc could actually leech enough to stay upright in Hell for Eleos and Tyche (most of the time).

It was somewhat tedious, with lots of small projectile monsters throughout the Act. And he was the only of the three that rolled Gloams for Anya rescue, which took care, before Nihl fell. Ancients took some care until they were finally split, and we used the life tap dagger the team had found for the Baal fight, emerging victorious with nothing of note in the drops.

After socketing Guillames, he then leveled on NM Pindle, up to level 68 now, starting at p1, then p3, then p5. Eleos will roll a better Pit map and search for 3os PB, and Tyche will move to A2 and run some AT. Hopefully that will deliver and then Kratos will set out in A1 Hell.

We're still in the gearing phase, so I'll hold off on readouts, but will hope to do that after we nail down bases for Kratos' weapon and he completes A1. So hopefully the next update will include some runeword joy :D We're slowly moving toward each character having their own set up, which makes it easier to not have to swap charms, etc. among them.

Team: Spirited Helenes (PhineasB) – 198 pts
Eleos
- (Sin: Traps/Shadow - 10) - lvl 78 - Act I H – 68 pts
Tyche
- (Sorc: Cold/Light - 10) - lvl 78 - Act I H – 68 pts
Kratos
- (Pala: Offensive/Combat - 7/1) - lvl 68 - Act V NM – 62 pts

12/31/19

As I said in the write up for Quinta, I now plan to take a break from my 99ers to focus on this project. I’d actually moved Eleos and Tyche through A2 Hell as breaks from Nihl runs with Quinta. We’ve made more progress, and also reached a decision point on Kratos due to limitations of current build and gear.

Eleos (Standard trapper)
She was the first to move through A2 Hell, with no real challenges. Cloak of Shadows is such a great skill for this type of playthrough!

Naj’s plate dropped in the Claw Viper Temple, getting a look for possible merc armor before being stashed. A 4os GPA also dropped in the Maggot Lair, getting the last Sol we had stashed for another Insight upgrade to go with the eth Partizan one (although it also picked up low rolls on all stats pretty much and didn’t out-damage the eth Partizan materially). Duriel dropped with only two town trips needed to keep the merc upright.

She was then the first to tackle A3 Hell after Tyche finished A2 and Kratos moved through A1. Again, smooth sailing. The LI carvers were annoying in the spider forest and swamp, but not dangerous. She picked up a decent ring, dual leech with resists that made its way to Kratos (I think Ormus actually gave it to her!). She then picked up Runemaster in Trav, which has been muled off to my HC stash, before taking out the Council and picking up Thunderstroke, which is also nice for the HC stash.

She then rolled a great Durance 2 map that Tyche will wish she had, before moating and taking down Meph (with a little excitement as he moved into the side room and around to the other side of the moat before dropping). She did a few LK runs, which were safe, but I don’t think a long-term plan. And she will likely be the first to tackle A4 when the time comes.

Tyche (Blizz)
She was the next up for A2 Hell. Things started off with a bang. Up to this point, the crew had found two eth elite polearms (a CV and Cryptic Axe) that had gotten 2 and 3 sockets, respectively. Then an eth Giant Thresher dropped and picked up 4 sockets, making Tyche and Eleos quite happy:
View attachment 53184
I didn’t have runes left to make the Insight, and it took a while for them to drop (not until Eleos did the LK runs, actually), so the upgrade hasn’t really been used yet.

There was little of note up to taking Duriel down, who had decent but ultimately unhelpful drops. She has since leveled to 86 in AT, with no game-changing drops but some nice ones for my HC stash, including 5os PB (dropped with the sockets), a 36@ akaran rondache that went to Kratos with pDiamonds for a major boost to resists, and a troll with a rare shard (although she couldn’t have used the unique version anyway), but the biggie was a 4os PB cubed (one earlier recipe yielded 2os), which became an upgrade for Kratos.

Kratos (HF/HS Zealot)
As soon as the 4os PB dropped, we made Voice of Reason. I had to respec after clearing the Den to allow dext to equip it and pump strength also to equip the Guillame’s (which had a jewel of freedom for 98 strength required). He then moved through Act 1, with some serious struggles and several NDEs.

The main issue is low life, coupled with bad AR (between 65-70% chance to hit in A1), low defense, and low physical damage limiting leech. Not a great combo for a melee character :rolleyes: And the merc is fragile, dropping quickly to most boss packs, particularly if they have amp or a damaging aura. His resists in hell were low for cold and lightning, and just over 50 for other two. Life tap charges on switch make normal packs of heavy hitters okay, if risky due to potential to get swarmed, and many boss packs manageable. But it does not solve the problems for Kratos.

He managed to navigate to Countess, barely surviving two Ghost packs (one with amp, might and extra fast that was simply due to two NDEs when Kratos tried to engage after regrouping following panicked retreats, and another with plain amp that he eventually took down after several retreats strung out the pack). He then managed to take down Andy, with very careful progress and lots of tactical retreats along the way.

Upon entering Act 2, I realized he was not long for this world in the current configuration. Ranged attacks with lots of monsters can be deadly and especially with any extra fast bosses with one of any other dangerous modifier (amp, might, fanaticism, LI) come into play. After clearing Radament, I burned through most of the crew’s gold on gambles in hopes of nice circlet and weapon upgrade for merc, netting a life leech circlet with 20@ that helps the merc’s survivability a little. I almost switched to Blessed Aim merc for AR issues, given that might doesn’t add much with low damage output, but held off.

He eked through to Maggot Lair, with this a representative sample of his struggles (note absence of the merc, who was left down after two resurrections). Claw Viper Temple was tedious and dangerous with the CI vipers and knockback attack causing problems, coupled with AR issues causing cth to hover between 60-65%. Two overlapping boss packs prompted a sequential retreat all the way back to the entrance, but he prevailed eventually.

Then he nearly died to Fangskin, who rolled extra fast, extra strong, cold enchanted and lightning enchanted (I think -- he was moving too fast and too dangerous to get a screenie). Fortunately, Fangskin was to the southeast and Kratos went the other way, so he cleared to the altar without disturbing that pack. I then made the mistake of attempting to engage, the merc dropped immediately and Kratos lost 2/3 life with one hit. He fled to the stairs and got hit once more after a purple and just made it out as Fangskin charged again, allowing a shameful TP home and Fangskin left to his devices :(

I almost respeced to Conviction then, but pressed on. Ghosts in AS were tough, due to mana burn, hitting hard, and cth <60%. The merc was useless dropping almost immediately. Kratos managed two Ghost boss packs without dangerous mods solo and thankfully found the summoner on the second arm explored. He then decided to try the true tomb, and stopped after nearly dying to 6 regular beetles and then struggling with two regular blunderbores.

Honestly, it feels lame to bypass bosses, and it’s getting tedious already. So I think I will use his last respec to go the Conviction route, as that build paired with VoR and elemental damage from jewels and charms will provide decent damage and solve the AR issues. He can also drop the Guillame’s, as the higher dext and strength needed for PB and Guillame together lead to lower life pool.

I’m thinking that it’s time for Tyche to move to Meph, and she can farm another helm, ideally with -DR% like rockstopper, Vamp, or maybe even Shako (which would be awesome). Then a respec, or maybe just switching to blessed aim merc and giving that a shot before throwing in the towel on holy freeze/holy shock hybrid. The lack of synergies available is a real limitation, I’ve realized, but maybe solving AR issue will make it workable.

Advice is most welcome. I’ve grown oddly attached to him, so want to try to figure out a way to help him survive the tomb and maybe beyond.

Team: Spirited Helenes (PhineasB) – 227 pts
Eleos
- (Sin: Traps/Shadow - 10) - lvl 80 - Act III H – 80 pts
Tyche
- (Sorc: Cold/Light - 10) - lvl 86 - Act II H – 74 pts
Kratos
- (Pala: Offensive/Combat - 7/1) - lvl 73 - Act II H – 73 pts

1/4/20

Progress continued, with all three Spirited Helenes still alive (barely for Kratos and Tyche).

Tyche (Blizz)
As I said in the last update, it was time for her to move onto Act 3, and then she could try to improve gear for Kratos at Meph.

She moved through smoothly, with a really great questing map for LK and Durance 2. First off was a nice rare ring that seemed perfect for Kratos if I switched to Conviction VoR build, with lightning damage, 14 strength, solid life, resist for his lowest element (poison), and some AR. She then picked up a SC with 11 LR/2 Strength, which again was nice for Kratos, followed by a Lion Branded skiller that Kratos won’t use but is nice indeed if I ever want to try a HC hammerdin :)

She reached LK, and had a great two hut map that would allow circular runs. Council was easy, and then she couldn’t find stairs to Durance 3 on the outer perimeter, so looked interior and found them less than 6 teleports from WP. Meph fell, dropping Crown of Thieves as an upgrade for merc helm.

She was level 87 at this point, and has leveled halfway to 89 with a mix of p1 Meph and p7 LK taking out boss packs. The LK approach has kept her safer because I’m focused on boss packs rather than just the chests, and have avoided (except once) teleporting into a pack mistakenly. The one exception was, on the final stretch back to the WP, landing in an amp’ed pack of apes where bosses didn't usually spawn, and dropping to ~100 HP almost immediately, with some panicked full purples keeping her upright until she could teleport out.

Anyhow, the finds: Pul from Brem (which allows another Um), Tal’s mask (which was upgrade for second merc package over wormskull), 50 MF Tarnhelm (which is nice for HC stash), a major merc weapon upgrade for Kratos (40 IAS, 212% ED, PMH polearm that was upgraded to exceptional and can still be up’ed to Elite with the second Um), 3os cube socketed PB, cubed a second Graverobber skiller, cubed a Sounding Skiller, and after a break for Kratos to finish A2, gambled a 2 sorc tiara of life (87) (which will likely replace +3 cold skills for A4), a 5@ SC from LK, Gheeds (24 MF but still nice for stash), and Reaper’s (not useful here but nice for Stash).

There was also a second Tal’s mask in there that made the Crown of Thieves obsolete. She didn’t find a helm option with %DR for Kratos, but with the respec and rebalancing, it isn’t as critical. So it’s time for Tyche to move on to A4. She will tackle it next, after respec to Blova.

Kratos (HF/HS Zealot)
The 3os PB opened up Crescent Moon. Along with upgraded merc weapon, I decided to give the True Tomb a shot. The ITD mod on Crescent Moon wasn’t enough on its own, at least with the boss rolls on the two attempts, both of which saw the merc get shredded quickly and Kratos in danger due to inability to consistently hit the boss before retreating to TP to town and S&E.

So we swapped the might merc for a Normal Blessed Aim merc. That did the trick well enough, and the duo eventually moved to Duriel, who fell after one town trip to restock health potions needed for Kratos who had tanked. The GC ended up being a Harpoonist skiller, keeping up the fantastic skiller luck for this playthrough!

After Eleos quested through A4, Kratos then tackled A3. I finally respec’ed to Conviction, going with VoR as main and life tap dagger on switch. Much better! Maxed on all resists except Cold (61%), and the +43 strength from two rings and belt allowing a much better life pool, now up to >1100.

It was completely uneventful up to Council, where there were two nasty hierophant boss packs (one with might and the other amp’ed) around the temple and 6-7 normal ones to boot. It was too hairy for a screen shot, but I finally left merc down after three resurrections, and Kratos engaged from different sides with retreats pulling out fanatics, until he could take out regular hierophants, before taking out the bosses. There were a few town trips needed to remove the amp, but not too dangerous ultimately after he escaped the first swarm of the packs.

Thankfully, Council hadn’t woken up, so he could then engage them, drawing them out 2-3 at a time. He then rolled a nice Durance 1 map, allowing him to bypass one level of danger from dolls. But they almost got him on Durance 2:
View attachment 53287
You can see one of the champs, and the empty purple row. He proceeded cautiously throughout, but even after pausing for ~2 seconds outside the door to the upper left, no monsters showed themselves. So he went through and was greeted by that champ pack of dolls, about 5 regular dolls, and a regular pack of Blunderbores, with a boss pack of Bloodlords just beyond (thankfully without amp or damaging aura).

But I only initially saw the Blunderbores, so he zealed before the dolls, who had been hiding in the corner and along the wall to the other side, charged in. I immediately hit a health potion and then a purple after dropping to <100 when a champ blew up from the zeal cycle, and other monsters hit him. He was in hit recovery so couldn’t immediately retreat, hit another purple as the merc killed a doll (thankfully a normal one), hit another to top the bulb back up, and was hit by something before finally pulling back and hitting the last purple just to be safe.

Phew! He then safely navigated to Meph, who fell easily with life tap once I realized conviction wasn’t active :rolleyes: The last big purple he had was used to keep the merc alive after a couple consecutive melee hits from Meph.

Eleos (Standard trapper)
Consistent with the journey so far, she was the first to move through A4 Hell, with no real challenges, thanks to dual element damage and cloak of shadows. One overlapping double pack of bats with one extra fast was tricky, with the merc dropping and necessitating a full retreat to regroup, after first taking out the extra fast boss and a few minions that had followed with FB.

Izual and Hephasto were straightforward, and HF provided a Lem. CS required some care due to swarming packs, but death sentry was huge in dealing with OKs. Diablo was easy because Eleos could keep her distance and let traps do their work, and Diablo fell pretty quickly:
View attachment 53286
She will likely be the first to tackle A5, after Tyche moves through A4, likely stopping for a while at Pindle.

Even with 3 pTopaz breast plate and 3 pTopaz crown (for 144 MF just between those two and 204 MF overall), she is maxed on all elements except fire, which can be maxed if she borrows a few charms from Tyche and Kratos. And she has +3 traps and +2 shadow, 40 IAS, and the 27 FHR breakpoint. A claw upgrade, for more +skills (currently just +1 assassin), is definitely possible but not necessary at the moment. Merc has Tal’s mask and Shaftstop socketed with 13@ jewel for near maxed resists, and the eth GT Insight swapped between Tyche and Eleos.

I have a rare exceptional weapon upgrade possible, so I’m thinking of using it for Kratos’ merc weapon, and then socketing, likely with a 40% ED jewel. It’s not likely he will find an improvement over 212% ED cryptic axe with 40 IAS at this point, and the jewel would push that up to 252%. That should help significantly with his survivability from better life leech. I'm still a bit skeptical that Kratos will make it through, especially as we move into areas with harder hitting monsters. So no point in saving his socket quests!

Beyond that, I will have used only 3 of the crew’s socket quests, so I’m also wondering what else to socket. Tyche’s +2 sorc/life circlet, and a Shael would get her past 42 FHR breakpoint and close to 60, or a perfect ruby for more life. I don’t really see much point in socketed Tal masks, although they could get realgar jewels I have stashed for more damage/leech for mercs. I may just save the socket quests to socket MF gear if I decide to continue playing any character that survives to the end to build up a HC stash.

Either way, I will likely hold off on socketing anything other than the merc weapon and sorc tiara, in case there is a really nice drop along the way (like Vamp, Andy’s, or Shako). I definitely would welcome advice!

Team: Spirited Helenes (PhineasB) – 243 pts
Eleos
- (Sin: Traps/Shadow - 10) - lvl 81 - Act IV H – 83 pts
Tyche
- (Sorc: Cold/Light - 10) - lvl ** - Act IV H – 80 pts
Kratos
- (Pala: Offensive/Combat - 7/1) - lvl 76 - Act IV H – 80 pts

1/5/20

The Dance is nearly finished for me, and it came close to being finished more than a couple times as Kratos moved through A4 Hell :rolleyes:

Tyche (Blizz)
I picked Tyche back up later in the day after the last update. Rather than going Blova, I decided to stick with Blizz and count on Gular to take out CIs that I couldn’t bypass. I had thought about spending some time at Pindle, and figured the Blizz build had served her well so far.

Tyche walked the perimeter of the Steppes and Plains in search of the stairs, as I didn’t want to risk teleporting and landing in a nasty boss pack. No cold immunes made it quite smooth, and she took down Izual. The WP was almost immediately found after entering City of the Damned. Same protocol for the RoF, with again no cold immunes, making smooth progress again. Hephasto was CI, but easily managed with telekenisis keeping him pinned while Gulzar did his thing. HF was a beauty:
View attachment 53317
Nice! A Gul and Vex for the HC GoMule stash. De Seis was surprisingly easy, as his minions dropped immediately to Blizz, and his mods meant it was easy work for Gulzar. Diablo also fell without issue, with Hone Sudan a nice drop.

She was in a groove, so we decided to move on through A5. We had picked up a 3os Kite shield, that got 3 pDiamonds to avoid having to swap the 3 pDiamond Tower Shield between Tyche and Eleos. Tyche did more teleporting through in Act 5, and Shenk was a little tough due to CI, but sorted out with Static and drawing out the ice spawn types. Gulzar also is a powerhouse with eth GT Insight, maxed resists, leech, and CBF from Duriel’s.

After rescuing the Barbarians, we zipped along the Northern wall of Plateau and took down Thresh Socket. The map was nice in Crystalline Passage with WP right on other side of the wall from the entrance, and the Frozen River right around the corner from that.

Anya was rescued easily (no Gloams), and I then paused to socket the Arch-Angel’s Tiara of the Whale. Larzuk was kind enough to provide two sockets :cool:, that got the two pRubies and pushed her life above 1300:
View attachment 53318
Kratos then gambled through some boots for Tyche (who had decided she didn’t want to share with Eleos anymore), and netted this 20 FRW, 39 PR, 11 CR, and 19 MF pair. She needed the poison resists for max resist all, so that was nice. (The real backstory was that I had thought about respecing and saving the 25 strength points no longer needed for Tower Shield toward life, but the Greaves were a limitation. She had found a 36 PR pair of Sharkskin boots, but I was hoping for better with gambles. I didn’t actually end up respec’ing though :rolleyes:.)

She then leveled to 89 on Pindle, before tackling Nihlathak. Having the CI Ice Spawns was something of a relief because less risk of CE, and he was safely neutralized, even with Vipers down there. She proceeded to Ancients and decided to take on the first non-amp roll. After three TPs to reroll amp mod, it was on, and really not much of fight on p1. Korlic was the only CI, and Gulzar easily took him down after Static reduced him to half.

WSK was safely navigated, and the waves dispatched, and the Baal fight lasted less than a minute, with no useful drops. Tyche then became my first Guardian :) (I’ve gotten two other tourney characters through without death, but they were SC because I planned to use them as untwinked 99ers):
View attachment 53319

Eleos (Standard trapper)
Eleos was the next to tackle A5. With CoS, it was really no trouble, although Gloams for Anya’s rescue were a bit tricky but ultimately sorted out with death sentry and fire blast. Nihl was taken down easily, and he didn’t even get off a CE.

After progressing to the Ancients, their first roll didn’t have amp, so it was on. It took some running to finally split them up, but Korlic was first, followed by LI Madawc, and then Talic. In all, it took one mana pot and two health pots for Vikhyat’s fight with Madawc. WSK was uneventful, as were the waves. Mindblast finally got some use against Lister and Co.

The Baal fight required a town trip to restock health and mana potions, due to tentacles and clone, and relatively weak LS and fire blast. But he eventually fell, with no useful drops. And Eleos became my second Guardian:
View attachment 53320

Kratos (VoR Conviction Zealot)
Ah, Kratos . . . . I’m surprised, but he is still alive and now in A5. He was nearly gotten twice by nasty boss packs, then I almost let him go in the Chaos Sanctuary because it was getting tedious with the OKs (which were surprisingly dangerous even by themselves). But my stubbornness won out.

Stygian hags were the bane of his existence, spawning on every level: unbreakable CI, plus spitting out CI little worms throughout the fight. Even with life tap and decent non-cold elemental damage from charms and jeweled armor, the merc dropped quickly if there were more than two, and Kratos risked getting swarmed and deeds. That almost happened when an amp’ed boss pack joined the fray during a fight in the Plains.

There were lots of retreats when encountering multiple, and then engaging from different sides to try to take one down before retreating again. The merc was left napping for long stretches. Anyhow, he moved through as directly as possible, eventually taking down Izual and then Hephasto. The HF was a Fal, so pretty good luck for the trio.

I took a break before tackling CS and grabbed a gear readout due to my suspicion that he would not make it. He dropped under 100 HP multiple times and used all 20 full purples that he had in his stash.

The first nasty bit was in the RoF stretch with a double boss pack of Megademon and Corpsespitter types, one of which was amp’ed/extra strong and with the other with blessed aim. I hadn’t noticed the second boss when I started the engagement, and then amp triggered mid-zeal. Azrael went down immediately, and Kratos had to chug a few purples with several slivered bulbs before he could fully retreat. Honestly, I expected the red letters, but he just made it. After a trip to town, and restocking the purples, he went back and strung them out, but still went through four full purples to take down the amp’ed boss.

The second has an OK boss in the CS entrance. There were two other non-OK bosses mixed in, plus 5 or 6 regular OK packs. Yikes, it was tough. I couldn’t get a screenie because I was too focused on keeping Kratos alive, but the OK boss was multishot, and Kratos sometimes lost more than half his life to a ranged attack. Not sure, but likely enchanted with multiple elements? Multiple town trips later, we had the boss isolated, but he still almost got Kratos (who’d burned through all his full purples already:
View attachment 53321
Regular OKs were also tough on their own if there were more than 2, and he had quite a few situations of that. He drew out the packs and took them down in safety, but then the OKs would retreat to another pack, and so on, until I had only them to deal with. But they were dangerous, and I had a few close calls and multiple trips to restock pots. This is when I thought about letting him go, but I always ended up retreating and restocking.

Infector was on the hook layout, and we TPed back to WP and safely engaged them. It was fairly easy with de Seis, as I'd swapped life tap dagger for teleport staff for that fight, allowing Kratos to jump the canal and whittle his minions down without getting swarmed. Azrael even survived the fight! Vizier fell in short order, and the Diablo fight was smooth, with smite doing the job and the drops useless.

He will get a break, likely until next weekend. I am curious to see if he will make it, but also know it will take much more patience than I have today after that A4 playthrough :p I am also somewhat embarrassed to admit, but I’d forgotten about smite until the de Seis fight. It definitely makes a difference, and likely would have helped with the stygian hags and some other tougher spots and will certainly be a help in A5.

Team: Spirited Helenes (PhineasB) – 283 pts
Eleos
- (Sin: Traps/Shadow - 10) - lvl 83 - Act V H – 100 pts
Tyche
- (Sorc: Cold/Light - 10) - lvl 89 - Act V H – 100 pts
Kratos
- (Pala: Offensive/Combat - 7/1) - lvl 77 - Act IV H – 83 pts

1/19/20

Alright, the final stretch for Kratos.

We knew that we would need to make ample use of the life tap charges, and we did. For the first two areas, Shenk almost got him, Eldritch almost got him, random amp'ed bosses almost got him (you get the idea :rolleyes:) . . . . But not quite. After freeing the barbarians, he hugged the wall and made it to Thresh, with smite and life tap sorting things out, and a Reaper's for the trouble (non-eth).

Anya rescue was rough, with gloams, ghosts, and the shambling hordes. A convicted boss pack of gloams nearly got him, but fortunately he had rolled the Frozen River map that allowed him to retreat and teleport through a wall to Frozenstein (after swapping life tap wand for teleport staff in the cube), who took care with loads of gloams, but eventually fell.

Kratos pushed through to Ancient's Way to grab the WP before heading down to Nihl. Pindle was safely navigated (amp roll would likely have meant deeds). The Halls rolled: beetles, temple dogs (or whatever those are called), and shambling horde; quillrats, flayers, marauders (very scarely in a few places, with multiple town trips needed); and ghosts, vipers, and shambling horde. Vipers were scary, but he managed to navigate safely after letting merc die. We then drew out monsters from Nihl's platform, and had cleared all but a few, and Nihl still almost got Kratos with CE before falling:
View attachment 53605
I was out of purples after Nihl, but didn't want to S&E (plus didn't have any more aside from the belts of the other two). So I decided to press on. Ancients Way had lancers, skeleton mages and Moonlords, which was scary, but managed with life tap (and thankfully no Moonlord bosses, only skeletons rolled before finding entrance to the Summit).

The first roll of Ancients didn't have amp, so it was on. It took some running, but Madawc was eventually separated. He was extra strong and spectral (no screenie), but life tap and smite made it fairly easy. Then Korlic was isolated, and he fell safely following the same pattern. Talic wasn't too scary, with spectral the main concern, and I nestled up to the edge, with smite until he was pushed too far out, and then back to the edge to allow him to re-engage. I got him slivered, then:
View attachment 53606
Oops. Kinda dumb, as I had him slivered and he was the last one. I guess that life tap had run out and, due to smiting him, I'd moved out from the edge and didn't retreat because I had him slivered . . . and he whirled right through Kratos. The absence of purples was irrelevant, as Kratos died before the whirl was complete.

This was lots of fun, and a nice way to get into HC. I may actually do a second playthrough with three different classes. It was kind of disappointing to get Kratos so close, only to deeds due to impatience. I should have taken a break, so a good lesson for the future to listen to myself :)

Team: Spirited Helenes (PhineasB) – 287 pts
Eleos
- (Sin: Traps/Shadow - 10) - lvl 83 - Act V H – 100 pts
Tyche
- (Sorc: Cold/Light - 10) - lvl 89 - Act V H – 100 pts
Kratos
- (Pala: Offensive/Combat - 7/1) - lvl 78 - Act V H – 87 pts (deeds)

Guardians Tyche and Eleos -- Three Way Dance Blizz Sorc and Trapsin

These were my first two Guardians, having completed several tourney playthroughs without deaths but entering as SC characters because I intended to use them as untwinked 99er entries. They were the two survivors of the Three Way Dance tournament hosted by PSYCHO on the old forums, with the Paladin entry (Kratos) dying to Ancients :( The theme was lesser spirits of Greek mythology, with each matching a name to a characteristic of the character.

The tournament updates haven't been fully migrated, but I moved my updates into my character archive thread, beginning here (I need to fix the embedded pictures, it appears). I ended up approaching the playthrough with characters rerunning areas and not full clearing, and it was quite fun with the tourney limitation of keeping items equipped or in inventory of the characters and limits on uniques/runewords/crafts and only two skill trees allowed. These are two very basic builds and unsurprising that they made it, even with the tourney limitations and not committing to full clears.

Guardian Tyche - Blizz Sorc with Static
Tyche Guardian.jpg
She finished at lvl 89, with quite some leveling and item finding for the crew along the way. As planned, she picked up lots of nice items, giving my HC stash quite the boost. Being able to teleport through and level on targets made the pure blizz approach workable, obviously, and it's little surprise she worked out well.

Tyche had some NDEs though, mostly when doing runs and getting a little sloppy. But even with limitation on no S&E up to Guardian, I was always able to pull her out, mostly thanks to big purples. She has since leveled to 95.5, picking up Fathom as the first TC87 drop when leveling on Pindle, and I'm thinking of someday pushing her to 99.

Code:
Name:       Tyche
Class:      Sorceress
Experience: 1532466373
Level:      89

Naked/Gear
Strength:   70/88
Dexterity:  25/25
Vitality:   405/405
Energy:     35/48
HP:         978/1403
Mana:       211/293
Stamina:    557/557
Defense:    6/291
AR:         75/153

Fire:       184/144/84
Cold:       195/155/95
Lightning:  182/142/82
Poison:     169/129/69

MF:         46       Block:      1
GF:         0
FR/W:       20
FHR:        44
IAS:        0
FCR:        20

Fire Bolt: 0/0
Warmth: 0/0
Inferno: 0/0
Blaze: 0/0
Fire Ball: 0/0
Fire Wall: 0/0
Enchant: 0/2
Meteor: 0/1
Fire Mastery: 0/0
Hydra: 0/0

Charged Bolt: 0/0
Static Field: 2/6
Telekinesis: 1/5
Nova: 5/9
Lightning: 0/0
Chain Lightning: 0/0
Teleport: 1/5
Thunder Storm: 0/0
Energy Shield: 0/0
Lightning Mastery: 2/6

Ice Bolt: 9/16
Frozen Armor: 0/0
Frost Nova: 1/8
Ice Blast: 20/27
Shiver Armor: 0/0
Glacial Spike: 20/27
Blizzard: 20/29
Chilling Armor: 0/0
Frozen Orb: 0/0
Cold Mastery: 19/26
Code:
Doom Hand
Light Gauntlets
Defense: 10
Durability: 18 of 18
Required Level: 25
Required Strength: 45
Fingerprint: 0xbd1116cd
Item Level: 45
+3 to Strength
Cold Resist +21%
Lightning Resist +22%
Fire Resist +27%
18% Better Chance of Getting Magic Items

Stone Touch
Ring
Fingerprint: 0x13b84b87
Item Level: 41
+78 to Attack Rating
3% Mana stolen per hit
+4 to Strength
+13 to Energy
Poison Resist +28%
9% Better Chance of Getting Magic Items

Hailstone Cord
Sharkskin Belt
Defense: 65
Durability: 14 of 14
Required Level: 48
Required Strength: 20
Fingerprint: 0xc877deab
Item Level: 87
+10% Faster Hit Recovery
+106% Enhanced Defense
+9 to Strength
+47 to Life
Lightning Resist +22%
Fire Resist +28%
Required Level +5

Horadric Cube
Fingerprint: 0x49ef5f08
Item Level: 13

Arch-Angel's Tiara of the Whale
Tiara
Defense: 46
Durability: 25 of 25
Required Level: 67
Fingerprint: 0x9ffd4d40
Item Level: 89
+2 to Sorceress Skill Levels
+163 to Life
2 Sockets (2 used)
Socketed: Perfect Ruby
Socketed: Perfect Ruby

Pain Trample
Boots
Defense: 47
Durability: 12 of 12
Required Level: 22
Fingerprint: 0x81f29f
Item Level: 76
+20% Faster Run/Walk
+44 Defense (Based on Character Level)
Cold Resist +11%
Poison Resist +39%
19% Better Chance of Getting Magic Items

Tome of Town Portal
Fingerprint: 0xfa8a49ad
Item Level: 12

Grim Touch
Ring
Required Level: 65
Fingerprint: 0x6c587ca5
Item Level: 83
7% Life stolen per hit
+2 to Strength
Cold Resist +30%
Lightning Resist +12%
Poison Resist +10%

Artisan's Light Plate of Stability
Light Plate
Defense: 99
Durability: 58 of 60
Required Strength: 41
Fingerprint: 0xd80182f1
Item Level: 79
+24% Faster Hit Recovery
Cold Resist +30%
Lightning Resist +30%
Fire Resist +30%
3 Sockets (3 used)
Socketed: Ral Rune
Socketed: Ort Rune
Socketed: Thul Rune

Freezing Amulet of the Squid
Amulet
Required Level: 30
Fingerprint: 0xdfdc5b43
Item Level: 89
+2 to Cold Skills (Sorceress Only)
+79 to Life

Bitter Gyre
Jared's Stone
One Hand Damage: 8 - 18
Required Level: 52
Fingerprint: 0xcba53aed
Item Level: 82
+2 to Sorceress Skill Levels
+20% Faster Cast Rate
Adds 18 - 55 Cold Damage Over 3 Secs (75 Frames)
+2 to Blizzard (Sorceress Only)
+1 to Meteor (Sorceress Only)
+2 to Enchant (Sorceress Only)
+32 to Life
Replenish Life +3
Magic Damage Reduced by 2

Gemmed Kite Shield
Kite Shield
Defense: 18
Chance to Block: 0
Durability: 30 of 30
Required Strength: 47
Fingerprint: 0x21983883
Item Level: 85
All Resistances +57
3 Sockets (3 used)
Code:
Russet Small Charm of Balance
Small Charm
Required Level: 29
Fingerprint: 0x23f71711
Item Level: 80
+5% Faster Hit Recovery
Fire Resist +7%

Azure Small Charm of Balance
Small Charm
Required Level: 29
Fingerprint: 0x7b4b7db3
Item Level: 86
+5% Faster Hit Recovery
Cold Resist +4%

Tangerine Small Charm of Sustenance
Small Charm
Required Level: 17
Fingerprint: 0xea7f6309
+15 to Life
Lightning Resist +4%

Chilling Grand Charm
Grand Charm
Required Level: 42
Fingerprint: 0xe4a2c42c
+1 to Cold Skills (Sorceress Only)

Shimmering Small Charm
Small Charm
Fingerprint: 0x6a8e07b1
All Resistances +5

Lapis Small Charm of Life
Small Charm
Required Level: 14
Fingerprint: 0x41ae095f
+7 to Life
Cold Resist +7%

Grand Charm
+23 to Life
+35 to Mana

Serpent's Grand Charm
Grand Charm
Required Level: 35
Fingerprint: 0x363d54e3
Item Level: 78
+47 to Mana

Large Charm of Vita
Large Charm
Required Level: 50
Fingerprint: 0x998c60d
+29 to Life

Large Charm of Vita
Large Charm
Fingerprint: 0xc364fd0
+30 to Life
Code:
Name:       Gulzar
Race:       Desert Mercenary
Type:       Def-Nightmare
Experience: 85554478
Level:      89
Dead?:      false

Naked/Gear
Strength:   193/213
Dexterity:  156/161
HP:         1927/2076
Defense:    1416/2214
AR:         1961/396122

Fire:       188/148/88
Cold:       218/178/118
Lightning:  188/148/88
Poison:    188/148/88

Duriel's Shell
Cuirass
Defense: 687
Durability: 150 of 150
Required Level: 41
Required Strength: 65
Fingerprint: 0x8c12625c
Item Level: 75
+184% Enhanced Defense
+111 Defense (Based on Character Level)
+15 to Strength
+89 to Life (Based on Character Level)
Cold Resist +30%
All Resistances +20
Cannot Be Frozen
+100 Maximum Durability

Tal Rasha's Horadric Crest
Death Mask
Defense: 111
Durability: 16 of 20
Required Level: 66
Required Strength: 55
Fingerprint: 0xd9d45940
10% Mana stolen per hit
10% Life stolen per hit
+45 Defense
+60 to Life
+30 to Mana
All Resistances +15

Insight
Giant Thresher
RalTirTalSol
Two Hand Damage: 204 - 555
Durability: 28 of 28
Required Strength: 178
Required Dexterity: 130
Fingerprint: 0xbca95e57
Level 15 Meditation Aura When Equipped
+35% Faster Cast Rate
225% Enhanced Damage
+9 to Minimum Damage
201% Bonus to Attack Rating
Adds 5 - 30 Fire Damage
Adds 75 Poison Damage Over 5 Secs (125 Frames)
+6 to Critical Strike
All Stats +5
+2 to Mana after each Kill
23% Better Chance of Getting Magic Items
Ethereal
4 Sockets (4 used)
Socketed: Tir Rune
Socketed: Tal Rune
Socketed: Sol Rune

Guardian Eleos - Standard Trapper
Eleos Guardian.jpg
She finished at lvl 82. The skill-tree limitation didn't impact her, and lack of S/U on her wasn't an issue for the build given its inherent power. She spent some time on Countess runs, picking up Um, Pul and Vex. Her progress was otherwise smooth with added nice drops to help kick start my HC stash beyond Tyche's MF runs. Confirming the trapper's power, she had no NDEs on the playthrough, keeping an MF-heavy set up all the way to the end.

Eleos has leveled to 89.5, and will push to 93 eventually to allow an easy amulet crafting option if I ever get into HC more seriously. We now have runes for Infinity, but I will likely hold off on theory of another Ber allowing Eleos to get Enigma.

Code:
Name:       Eleos
Class:      Assassin
Experience: 856514457
Level:      82

Naked/Gear
Strength:   75/77
Dexterity:  55/73
Vitality:   350/350
Energy:     25/25
HP:         1262/1335
Mana:       146/228
Stamina:    608/624
Defense:    13/217
AR:         100000239/100000464

Fire:       189/149/89
Cold:       170/130/70
Lightning:  180/140/80
Poison:     182/142/82

MF:         246       Block:      17
GF:         0
FR/W:       20
FHR:        17
IAS:        40
FCR:        0

Fire Blast: 20/22
Shock Web: 20/22
Blade Sentinel: 0/0
Charged Bolt Sentry: 20/22
Wake of Fire: 0/0
Blade Fury: 0/0
Lightning Sentry: 20/22
Wake of Inferno: 0/0
Death Sentry: 8/10
Blade Shield: 0/0

Claw Mastery: 1/2
Psychic Hammer: 1/2
Burst of Speed: 1/2
Weapon Block: 0/0
Cloak of Shadows: 1/2
Fade: 0/0
Shadow Warrior: 0/0
Mind Blast: 1/2
Venom: 0/0
Shadow Master: 0/0

Tiger Strike: 0/0
Dragon Talon: 0/0
Fists of Fire: 0/0
Dragon Claw: 0/0
Cobra Strike: 0/0
Claws of Thunder: 0/0
Dragon Tail: 0/0
Blades of Ice: 0/0
Dragon Flight: 0/0
Phoenix Strike: 0/0
Code:
Hailstone Chain
Demonhide Sash
Defense: 30
Durability: 12 of 12
Required Level: 24
Required Strength: 20
Fingerprint: 0xf6cded93
Item Level: 43
12% Chance to cast level 4 Charged Bolt when struck
+17% Faster Hit Recovery
+15 to Attack Rating
+16 Maximum Stamina
Cold Resist +23%
+1 to Light Radius

Dire Grasp
Heavy Gloves
Defense: 18
Durability: 14 of 14
Fingerprint: 0x14656d7f
Item Level: 66
3% Mana stolen per hit
+169% Enhanced Defense
+13 to Dexterity
Cold Resist +30%
Fire Resist +26%
21% Better Chance of Getting Magic Items

Horadric Cube
Fingerprint: 0x91d39cd7
Item Level: 13

Bitter Turn
Ring
Fingerprint: 0x74f7d745
Item Level: 68
+1 to Maximum Damage
+120 to Attack Rating
+21 to Life
All Resistances +10
Poison Resist +21%

Order Grasp
Ring
Required Level: 46
Fingerprint: 0xff9b06d3
+1 to Maximum Damage
5% Mana stolen per hit
5% Life stolen per hit
All Resistances +6
Poison Resist +25%
6% Better Chance of Getting Magic Items

Gemmed Superior Crown
Superior Crown
Defense: 39
Durability: 55 of 55
Fingerprint: 0x171950bd
Item Level: 50
72% Better Chance of Getting Magic Items
Increase Maximum Durability 10%
3 Sockets (3 used)
Socketed: Perfect Topaz

Amber Small Charm
Small Charm
Required Level: 32
Fingerprint: 0x79d18d0c
Lightning Resist +10%

Gemmed Breast Plate
Breast Plate
Defense: 66
Required Strength: 30
Fingerprint: 0x36f5c9d3
Item Level: 20
72% Better Chance of Getting Magic Items
3 Sockets (3 used)

Fortuitous Amulet of Fortune
Amulet
Required Level: 12
Fingerprint: 0x7c89db13
Item Level: 17
38% Better Chance of Getting Magic Items

Emerald Battle Staff of Teleportation
Battle Staff
Two Hand Damage: 6 - 13
Durability: 40 of 40
Required Level: 24
Fingerprint: 0xfad71fff
Item Level: 28
+1 to Glacial Spike (Sorceress Only)
Poison Resist +35%
Level 1 Teleport (33/33 Charges)

Soul Spur
Greaves
Defense: 21
Durability: 24 of 24
Required Level: 16
Required Strength: 70
Fingerprint: 0x46c6218b
Item Level: 53
+20% Faster Run/Walk
+34% Enhanced Defense
Lightning Resist +18%
Fire Resist +26%
25% Better Chance of Getting Magic Items
Repairs 1 Durability in 33 Seconds

Magekiller's Blade Talons of Quickness
Blade Talons
One Hand Damage: 10 - 14
Durability: 69 of 69
Required Level: 38
Required Strength: 50
Required Dexterity: 50
Fingerprint: 0x2732ed80
Item Level: 68
+1 to Assassin Skill Levels
+40% Increased Attack Speed

Artisan's Tower Shield of Guarding
Tower Shield
Defense: 25
Chance to Block: 0
Durability: 60 of 60
Required Strength: 75
Fingerprint: 0x5e299c84
Item Level: 49
All Resistances +57
Magic Damage Reduced by 3
3 Sockets (3 used)
Code:
Entrapping Grand Charm
Grand Charm
Required Level: 42
Fingerprint: 0x2a6c54a6
+1 to Trap Skills (Assassin Only)

Lucky Large Charm of Vita
Large Charm
Fingerprint: 0xd7cc5d70
+29 to Life
1% Better Chance of Getting Magic Items

Coral Small Charm of Strength
Small Charm
Required Level: 20
Fingerprint: 0x8b790f0b
Item Level: 51
+1 to Strength
Lightning Resist +9%

Shimmering Large Charm of Dexterity
Large Charm
Required Level: 26
Fingerprint: 0xe3d12eb7
Item Level: 52
+5 to Dexterity
All Resistances +7

Ruby Grand Charm
Grand Charm
Fingerprint: 0x7013218f
Fire Resist +27%

Emerald Grand Charm
Grand Charm
Fingerprint: 0x38b2cf94
Poison Resist +26%

Serpent's Grand Charm
Grand Charm
Required Level: 35
Fingerprint: 0x363d54e3
Item Level: 78
+47 to Mana

Grand Charm
+23 to Life
+35 to Mana

Small Charm of Good Luck
Small Charm
Required Level: 33
Fingerprint: 0xecdbb4a1
7% Better Chance of Getting Magic Items

Stout Small Charm of Fortune
Small Charm
Fingerprint: 0x5fc07e39
+1 Defense
4% Better Chance of Getting Magic Items

Ocher Small Charm of Strength
Small Charm
Required Level: 10
Fingerprint: 0x62eb01ef
+1 to Strength
Lightning Resist +7%

Lapis Small Charm
Small Charm
Required Level: 10
Fingerprint: 0xf1c0ffb2
Item Level: 37
Cold Resist +7%

Amber Grand Charm
Grand Charm
Fingerprint: 0x86a0e86c
Lightning Resist +26%
Code:
Name:       Vikhyat
Race:       Desert Mercenary
Type:       Off-Nightmare
Experience: 66975944
Level:      82
Dead?:      false

Naked/Gear
Strength:   181/186
Dexterity:  145/150
HP:         1647/1767
Defense:    1217/2001
AR:         1874/378548

Fire:       174/134/74
Cold:       174/134/74
Lightning:  174/134/74
Poison:    174/134/74

Tal Rasha's Horadric Crest
Death Mask
Defense: 106
Durability: 13 of 20
Fingerprint: 0x56295c09
10% Mana stolen per hit
10% Life stolen per hit
+45 Defense
+60 to Life
+30 to Mana
All Resistances +15

Shaftstop
Mesh Armor
Defense: 678
Durability: 45 of 45
Required Level: 38
Required Strength: 92
Fingerprint: 0x3a0ff848
Item Level: 59
+217% Enhanced Defense
+250 Defense vs. Missile
+60 to Life
All Resistances +13
Damage Reduced by 30%
1 Sockets (1 used)
Socketed: Scintillating Jewel

Scintillating Jewel
Jewel
Required Level: 26
Fingerprint: 0x52b6d4a4
Cold Resist +13%
Lightning Resist +13%
Fire Resist +13%
Poison Resist +13%

Insight
Giant Thresher
RalTirTalSol
Two Hand Damage: 204 - 555
Durability: 28 of 28
Required Strength: 178
Required Dexterity: 130
Fingerprint: 0xbca95e57
Level 15 Meditation Aura When Equipped
+35% Faster Cast Rate
225% Enhanced Damage
+9 to Minimum Damage
201% Bonus to Attack Rating
Adds 5 - 30 Fire Damage
Adds 75 Poison Damage Over 5 Secs (125 Frames)
+6 to Critical Strike
All Stats +5
+2 to Mana after each Kill
23% Better Chance of Getting Magic Items
Ethereal
4 Sockets (4 used)
Socketed: Tir Rune
Socketed: Tal Rune
Socketed: Sol Rune

Last edited:
  • Wow
Reactions: Babyhell
Originally posted 9/27/19

Well, I decided it was time to enter the seventh character, a Fire Druid named Septimus. He got his start in the Overburdened tourney, making it through death-free. Progress, etc. was highlighted in his Pat thread here.

He finished things up at ~84.5. Gear was poor due to playthough with no extended stash and his drops along the way, so limited +skills, limited MF, no Insight for merc, etc. He also hadn’t picked up runeword bases, so he was without 4os bow or insight base.

I tested out targets in NM and Hell at low psettings as a break off-and-on through August: NM Meph, Hell Andy, Hell Meph, AT, Hell LK, Hell Pindle, NM and Hell Cows. That saw him a little ways into level 85. Unfortunately, he couldn’t even take on NM Meph very well, although that did provide a Goldwrap. And other Act bosses weren’t really workable for extended runs. But he also picked up a 30MF Nagelring along the way. So p1 Pindle it was, with a shopped wand of Lower Resist up to lvl 86 a few weeks ago, with no gear upgrades.

After Quinta hit 98.25 this weekend, I decided to hold off on more Nihl runs until mini RFL started, and wasn’t feeling Baal runs. So I went back to He then ran some LK, hoping for bases (he had runes for Insight and Harmony) and taking on boss packs. He got an amulet upgrade (+3 elemental with dexterity), Pul #1, Skullder’s, a second skiller, and finally a Harmony base. He had also picked up just shy of 50 runes by this point and some decent resist charms, plus a really nice 123 AR/40 vita GC that Death would have appreciated.

Most importantly, he picked up Sur #1 and his LK map also had a rack that dropped CVs about 1-out-of-3 times and the occasional Thresher. About halfway through, he finally rolled a CV 4os in the cube, but the merc didn’t have strength to equip until Naj circlet dropped from a boss pack. But an eth CV had dropped by that point, which also picked up 4os. The merc lost life leech until a 3os armor finally dropped allowing Lionheart and a switch back to circlet with leech.

With those upgrades, Septimus returned to pindle at p5 and hit 87 on Wednesday. He then rolled a new and improved LK map, equipped Harmony, shopped a teleport staff, and finished a spectacular 50-rune set that produced Pul #2, Mal #1, Sur #2 from a poppable, and Gul #1. There were also some vita SCs and slight resist charm upgrades. So 1/3 of the way to Enigma, and only a Gul needed for HotO!

LK has actually been a pleasant break, so I expect to get more 25- or 50-rune sets in here and there, and potentially hitting pindle to gain a level if runes fall for HotO. The AT entrance is also pretty close to that WP, so he may test out p1 AT runs for levels, which worked well for the fire druid on my laptop.

He’s playing with extended stash now, and is still death-free, which is a goal to keep throughout this journey.

Originally posted 11/18/19

Welcome to the new and returning entrants in this challenge! It’s very nice to see things continue to remain active, as it’s great to have company in this sort of journey. Speaking of which . . .

Septimus reached level 90, where he’s likely to stay for a while. We left off in his last update (and first here after he reached Patriarch in the Overburdened tourney) at level 87, with the focus on LK. The thought was that he might transition back to leveling at Pindle if he found runes for HotO, which is exactly what happened.

He had found 100 runes from LK in last update and continued to 250 runes found, netting Mal #2, Mal #3, Gul #2, and Gul #3. The second Gul allowed Heart of the Oak, with the third joining the two Surs in the stash and still a third of the way to Enigma.

He then returned to Pindle, with the weapon upgrade allowing p7 runs with the lower resist wand, and some occasional AT runs given the nice WP location. That made for solid XP gain, with useful drops being Crown of Thieves to finally have nice life leech in the helm to pair with Lionheart for the merc, Lidless from AT allowing extra power from shield (and dropping 3 pDiamond shield with resists from HotO), and Duriel’s toward the end for CBF and alternative to Lionheart. There was also an IK armor mixed in, and finally having a base for Rhyme for extra MF on the Pindle runs. I think he had ~350MF for runs once he filled out a 3s mask with pTopzes and built the Rhyme.

He’s now back in LK, with the goal to mix in small batches when needing a break from Nihl runs with Quinta and not feeling up for Baal runs with Death, and not being focused enough to risk progressing my Three Way Dance characters in HC. So it will be pretty limited, and I think I am feeling the cumulative effects of LK runs, as completing a 25-rune set yesterday got a bit slog-y :rolleyes:

I think that also foreshadows the likelihood that we will respec to a Windy for leveling. Infinity is really necessary for fire Druid to progress with any modicum of speed on XP. There aren’t other reasonable targets beyond AT and Pindle, and I don’t think Enigma on its own will make AT realistic for leveling in the mid-90s. Mad props to @Pb_pal for sticking with fire on Klaus (and the whole untwinked HC 99er thing ;)), but I don’t think Septimus will fulfill his namesake if that much LK is in his future at this stage.

Originally posted 1/16/20

My untwinked 99er Druid ended up finishing 500 Meph runs. On top of the nice drops from run 350 - 450 noted earlier, he picked up Stormshield and an SoJ over the last 50 runs:
Meph (Stormshield).jpg
Meph (SoJ).jpg
The SoJ is really nice because Reaper's on merc was tough with mana management. We then did doing a little LK in the hopes of charm upgrades without luck there but a decent 2/9 Druid caster ammy to compliment a 2 skill Druid amulet found at Meph:
LK (2 9 caster ammy).jpg
Meph (2 Druid skills ammy).jpg
Mara's would probably be preferred for skills and stats, given that he doesn't need FCR, but it's nice to have options!

He also picked up Stormtrek from Meph, which are now equipped and give a nice boost to poison resist, while leaving him 2 more FHR SCs short of 99 breakpoint for 1-H swinging weapon (and comfortably at 7 frames). I accidentally sold the Gheeds he'd found from Meph during a gambling session (oops) and it wasn't available to buy back in vendor screen. But it was only 22% MF anyhow, so not a major loss. He's just shy of 200% MF (he could get another 30% from Goldwrap in exchange for Arachnids, which may happen depending on how RoF runs go).

The goal is to roll a 2-chest RoF map close to WP, hopefully similar to the one Phaedrus had with 3-4 boss packs on the way. I'm thinking p3 will be the best option, because he doesn't seem to be a powerhouse even with +36 to tornado.

Good luck to everyone! I look forward to seeing the drops and different approaches.

Originally posted 1/13/20

Complaining works (again). Meph hadn't coughed up anything useful on the unique front as we neared 400 runs:
Meph (2 2 tornado pelt).jpg
Not a 2/3 (and no secondary staffmod that would be useful), but not bad for an untwinked Druid, who's now a Windy :cool: I wouldn't say Shako is obsolete, but he definitely has some options now with this and the 2/20 elemental circlet. And as we neared 450 runs:

Non-eth, 190ED 14ll, and a welcome option for the merc. We'll finish off a round 500 runs and assess where things stand with a few RoF runs before deciding if that's good enough gear.
Meph (Reapers drop).jpg
Edit: Yep, quite the roll going on over here (seven runs later as I was winding down for bed)
Meph (Spiderweb Sash).jpg

Originally posted 2/15/20

Patriarch Septimus, Windy Druid, and Hazade the A2 Might Merc, Lvl 92 (pic)
Septimus left off at level 90 back in November, having found 250 runes at LK, with HotO made and 2 Surs stashed. He was running Pindle and AT and was still a pure fire Druid, until he finally got a 4os Monarch in AT, which became Spirit.

He then respec’ed to Windy and focused on Meph in preparation for the Off the Beaten Path tourney. He rolled a great map, and completed 500 Meph runs that delivered quality drops (screenshots and updates are here and here): Magefist, 2/2 Tornado pelt, Reapers (lowest roll but still a key drop for Windy), Arachnids (awesome to have), Stormshield (may get used for Baal runs), SoJ (fantastic to offset loss of Insight), and a 2/9 caster amulet.

He then completed a 10-hour set at RoF superchests for the OBP tourney, eventually having to drop to p1 or p3, mostly p1. I was under no illusions he would be competitive, but his haul of only 5 rune qualifiers (2x Hel, 2x Io and 1x Lum) and only 4 S/U qualifiers (none better than Nos Coil) only certainly earned last place among all entrants. But he found another skiller (his third), a Cold Skiller of Sustenance (33), and a Gaean Coronet of the Whale (98), which may be a candidate for Larzuk down the road.

He was just short of 91.4 when he finished the OBP set. He had found another 100 runes from LK before OBP tourney started, and completed up to another 250 runes found (for a total of 500 runes found from LK so far), with nothing higher than Lem for this 250-rune set :\ He then finished the rest of the level with Pit runs, as a break from LK, netting a Fortuitous Amulet of Fortune (36% MF) and an Ist.

He’s still death free, and I think he will roll a good 2-fire LK map and get some runs in as breaks from Baal runs with Death and if I don’t have the focus for questing my Runeword Bonanza Sept characters through Hell.

Looking forward to continued progress from others. I also did some tidying of the tables, moving characters without update since May 2019 into the resting heroes table.

Edit: I forgot to mention, he can gear for 163 FCR, which he did for the Pit runs. Vipermagi, Magefist, Arachnid's, HotO, Spirit and the 2/9 caster amulet get him there with a FCR ring, allowing SoJ and the 2/2 pelt for lvl 37 Tornado at 163 FCR making p8 Pit runs quite manageable.

Last edited:
Diablo 4 Interactive Map
PurePremium
Estimated market value
Low
High