Patriarch PaleandCreepy, Bonemancer (D2R)

TheNix

Jun 23, 2003
Patriarch Paleandcreepy, Bonemancer

Level: 86

St – 65 (114)
Dx – 144 (201)
Vt – 286 (313)
En – 25 (72)

HP: 1057 (+830 in Bone Armour)
Mana: 648

Damage:

Bone Spear: 3451 – 3635

Resists:

Fire: 75
Cold: 75
Ltning: 75
Poison: 75

Skills:

Bone:
Bone Spear: 20/38
Bone Spirit: 20/38
Bone Prison: 20/38
Bone Wall: 16/34
Teeth: 8/26
Bone Armour: 1/19
Corpse Exp: 1/19

Curses:
Amp. Dam, Dim Vision, Iron Maiden, Weaken, Terror & Decrep.: 1 (22)

Summoning:
Skeleton, Skeleton Mastery, Clay Golem, Golem Mastery & Summon Resist: 1 (17)

Equipment:

Weapon 1:

“HotO” Flail
Pdiamond Homunculus

Weapon 2:

Pus Spitter (another useless attempt to get past Magic Immunes)

Harlequin Crest w/ PSkull
“CoH” Dusk Shroud
Trang-Oul’s Claws
Silkweave
Arachnid Mesh
Mara’s Kaleidoscope
Raven Frost & BKWB
Necro Torch (3, 20, 19)

Merc (Act 1 – Cold Arrow)

Rockstopper
The Spirit Shroud
“Insight” Reflex Bow (+3 Bow Skills)

Random musings:

Let me start by saying that the Torch is one of the most OP items I have ever used. Okay, so yet another Bonemancer. In the past I have used Bone Prison a lot for this build. I always have an Insight Act 2 merc on standby to keep me supplied with mana. The problem with this is he simply stands there twiddling his thumbs for the majority of the time as half the monsters on the screen are trapped; this will not do! But now I have a lovely young lady that can turn the trapped baddies into pin cushions while feeding me lots of lovely mana *chef’s kiss*. It is a bit of a pity that I never found or crafted any 4os Matriarchal or Grand Matron Bows with +3 to skills to give her. Sigh, countless Ral, Amn and Amethyst wasted.

So, into game play. I started using a skeleton army, golem and Teeth and that worked well enough until Bone Spear became available and once my merc could use the Insight bow and level 27 things really took off. I quickly got into the routine off dropping a Dim Vision and pummelling everybody with the spear; a strategy that I never stopped using. For anything that wasn’t stopped by the Dim Vision, the Bone Prison was the next cab off the rank. I thought that once I had trapped things in the prison, I could drop an Iron Maiden on them, and they would beat themselves to death. No dice. Most of the time I put anything in prison it would just stand there like a stunned mullet and let me pummel it in peace. In order for Iron Maiden to work I had to drop the golem into the prison with them. The slowing effect of the golem and the chilling effect of the merc meant that they didn’t get many hits in to be reflected anyway. All in all, Iron Maiden was a fizzer. After its initial use, Skeletons were rarely used again, and Corpse Explosion was hardly used at all. Pretty much the only time I used either of them was when I wanted to dispose of corpses that could be resurrected or exploded.

As I progressed through the levels, I settled down to DV, Spear, rinse and repeat with the occasional BP, Decrep, Spear to break the monotony. Not what one might call a mentally challenging strategy, but a successful one. And having no deaths made it a doubly successful strategy. I thought that I would use Bone Spirit on bosses, but BP, Decrep and Bone Spear worked just as well, and the plus side was I never ran out of mana. The only minor hiccup, as one would expect, was the Magic Immune. Given time, I could have swatted them but in the end, I just bypassed them. Achmel was a bit of a pain, but I kept him in prison, cast Amp Dam and use Corpse Explosion as soon as anything when down, so I got him in the end. I could have hit the 125fcr with this build but I instead I went for 75fcr and more +skills. As usual, I opted for max block rather than pure vita.

That’s another character Sept for me, my ninth, and takes me to 97 mat/pat/guards. I cannot leave it at that, especially with a century on the horizon. I found a Deaths Web not too long ago, so a poisonmancer is on the cards for number 98. I also found a very good Druid torch, so some sort of Druid will make it 99. As for the big 100, I have no idea!

Screenshot087.png
[\spoiler]

Nice job Nix. A Bonemancer is certainly a sturdy and safe char to get through. Once I guardianed mine I put him to work MFing in the CS. Very safe with revives and CE (1.14d) Players 1 tho.

Any future plans for yours? And you nearly have 100 completed chars? That must be a record.

Reactions: TheNix
Thanks. No further plans for PaleandCreepy but I started my Poisonmancer and I'm probably going to go for a fire Druid after that. Ninety-seven only puts me second in the Murios Project; @maxicek tops the list with 109 and @PhineasB nipping at my heels with 90. Although neither has updated their list for a while.

Congrats on the Pat @TheNix and quite stylish with minimal use of CE to boot. The torch in D2R gives a lot more fire power for builds like Bonemancers, where +skills really up the damage and can make him quite powerful (plus helping with resists).

And major congrats on the progress toward 100 characters completed! I'm actually at 97 but wasn't planning to update until I hit 100. The next character is in A4 Normal and hoping to get him through NM this weekend.

Reactions: TheNix
Congrats. I have to get back to my Bonemancer. He's only level 23 and between trying to get my Wolfbarb to 99 and other things he keeps getting lost.

Question, why did you try Pus Spitter? I see you said it didn't work. Other than the +2 to Necro I would have thought Demon Machine for the exploding bolts or a Buriza for the cold damage would have been a more obvious choice.

Question, why did you try Pus Spitter? I see you said it didn't work. Other than the +2 to Necro I would have thought Demon Machine for the exploding bolts or a Buriza for the cold damage would have been a more obvious choice.
I used a Demon Machine on switch in a previous Bonemancer and that didn't work then, so I decided to try the Pus Spitter. As for the Buriza, I did consider using it initially, but the Buriza required more stat points in Strength than I really needed and I couldn't really justify it. And frankly, I forgot to reconsider it later in the game.

PurePremium
Estimated market value
Low
High