Patriarch DaShocka(1.11)

Serdash

Jun 24, 2003
Patriarch DaShocka(1.11)

Well, here's my first Infinity character of god knows how many. Took me a while to get him out since I'm bored with the game, but he's a Paladin, he's a Tesladin, and he's so ****ing overpowered it's silly. Here he is though.

Stats
Defensive Auras
Offensive Auras
Combat Skills

Equipment is as follows
Griffon's Eye(11/19 with 15% IAS Jewel)
Mara's Kaleidoscope
Crescent Moon Phase Blade
(Switch) Call to Arms Crystal Sword(6/3/6)
Herald of Zakarum(PDiamond)
(Switch) 'Spirit' Runeword Rondache
'Treachery' Rune Word Dusk Shroud
Dracul's Grasp
Ravenfrost(+20 Dex)
Arachnid Mesh
Stone of Jordan
Natalya's Soul
8x Offensive Aura Skillers (Complements of DC)

He hit a four frame zeal thanks to Trechary, and leeching back life was no problem since Life Tap triggered quite often. Mana wasn't much of a problem, he had quite a bit of it, and at 2 mana per swing he could keep going all day. Even mana burners didn't bother him much since he regenerated mana at a decent rate, and a couple of zeals was enough to take down the mana burners before they could continually burn him.

My mercenary has a setup that helps the build quite a bit, he was an Act 2 Holy Freeze Merc wearing a Vamp Gaze, Eth Upped Duriel's Shell and this:
Infinity
Superior Cryptic Axe
'BerMalBerIst'
Two-Hand Damage: 195 to 1010
Durability: 33 of 33
Required Dexterity: 93
Required Strength: 155
Required Level: 63
Polearm Class - Slow Attack Speed
Item Version: Expansion
Item Level: 87
Fingerprint: 0x6905db86
+284% Enhanced Damage
30% Better Chance of Getting Magic Items
35% Faster Run/Walk
Prevent Monster Heal
40% Chance of Crushing Blow
Level 12 Conviction Aura When Equipped
50% Chance to cast Level 20 Chain Lightning When You Kill an Enemy
Level 21 Cyclone Armor (30/30 Charges)
+43 to Vitality (Based on Character Level)
-55% to Enemy Lightning Resistance
Ethereal (Cannot be Repaired), Socketed (4: 4 used)

I could improve his armor and helm options, but the fact I didn't actually need to made it worth my time to keep him like that since Nightmare.

The only thing I had trouble with were some of the unbreakable LI's, usually because when I tended to run into them, I ran into them in tight cooridors, which meant I wasn't running past and forgetting them. But the fact that a lot of the unbreakable LIs that I find you run into are undead made it easy to pick what I wanted to do with my spare skill points.

Oh.

You wanted my skill layout?

20 Holy Shock
20 Resist Lightning
20 Salvation
4 Zeal (Yeah, could've gotten by with 1)
1 Holy Shield
20 Sanctuary
3 Cleansing

I plan on getting more points in cleansing to bump up the magic damage from Sanctuary a little. The idea of using Sanctuary came from when I was reading Guai's thread about how his barb handled OKs with Leap and Azurewrath. To my surprise, it's not a half bad strategy on a paladin, either. But I have no azurewrath, but I do have direct access to the aura through my skill tabs, so I went with that route. Hell, I had plenty of spare points as it was, both skill and stat.

Oh.

You wanted my stats, too? Well they're in the screenshot, but my base stats are...

Str - 55
Dex - 120
Vit - 340
Ene - 15

So yeah.

Ridiculously overpowered.

Any questions?

You ba .. very lucky man. Well done.

*mutters*

Really nice one... Took some time to get all those runes? Yeah?

Hahahahaha.

Not really.

Go look in the item find thread where I posted it and see where I credit the materials for that runeword.

sexy. how did u manage AR in hell tho? my tesldain is level 57 and having trouble already :)

Conviction lowers monster defense by something like 85%.

So having 2k AR was no problem. DarkChaos has a tesladin with less AR and Infinity and hits just fine from what I hear.

ber, mal, ber, ist.

damn, I need another ber to make it happen.

congrats!

hm, I need another mal ist... oh, and a ber and a ber as well :hide:

Congratz on the paladin, I never like'd zealers but the elemental ones are rather awsome

I have a Tesladin with quite low AR and no Infinity and he does fine - he has Crescent Moon, which has Ignore Target Defense. Against bosses, I just kept attacking until they died.

Heh...nice character! :thumbsup:

If I wanted to do something similiar, I would learn how to play two characters (one Tesladin and one Avenger) simultaneously on 2 PCs. I think that wouldn't even last half as long as finding the runes needed for Infinity:wink3:

PurePremium
Estimated market value
Low
High