,,Patience" Journey

lucienn

Nov 9, 2021
First of all, I want to say hello to all of you!.
I have been following your forum for a long time but somehow I didn't feel the urge to register with you on the forum but that has changed. I've been playing Diablo 2 for a very long time but I never had 99 lvl!
Somehow my goal was always just to dress up a character and that was it. A few days ago I decided that it's time to change that. So I started my necromancer and I want it to be my first character to get to 99. I'm playing Diablo 2 without ressurected without <snip> but I'm using GoMule and this file which allows you to create runic words. Probably it will take me more time than most of you but what the heck! I want to share my progress with you and keep in touch with you. Because I will always learn something new from you!

Some information about my character:
I am currently in act 3 on nightmare (I will just be starting later)
Skeletons! This was my and still is the plan until the very end.
I created lore and stealth for myself. I managed to catch a wand in Acara 2 to skeleton and 3 to mastery. I know better is 3/3 but it is what it is.
I'm actually following a bit of a forum player who hit lvl 99 with his necromancer on the 1.10 patch. I don't know if it will be a big difference if I play on 1.14. But I like the fact that he finished everything with the build he started with. His character name was Raising_Dead

I hope I can continue this topic. If you have any thoughts and so on, feel free to write!
necro — kopia.jpg

Last edited by a moderator:
Hello!
I played a bit and managed to pass Nightmare and gain 70 lvl. Now i plan to go through whole hell first (excluding ancients because i want to save them for later lvl)
Some assumptions i made before i start hell.

1) I won't rush. And also reaching level 99 is a long process so I will just patiently do my thing.

2) After going through hell I'll want to focus mainly on LK to collect runes for enigma and CTA it's a base I feel(?).

3) When I manage to get Enigma I'll want to make a habit of going to PIT, Pindle and probably something else I'll add here just not sure what yet.

4) Of course my main goal after Enigma and CTA will be finding items which will allow me to use runic words like beast, fortitude or infinity.
But apart from runic words, I'll also try to get the basic necromancer items.
Thoughts:
So far it's going pretty well. I haven't died once and it's a lot of fun. It's cool that I created an account here because if I need anything I can share my thoughts with you. So far I haven't found anything interesting unless we say that LUM or LEM is something interesting :Dnecro — kopia.png

Hello, and welcome to the forums. Always nice to see some new faces. :D

Interesting project you have started. I wish you all the best with it.
I dont know what armour you have right now, but he Lum might be useful for a Smoke for yourself, or maybe a Splendor in a nice necro head.

I am always intrigued to see non-English versions of the game. Is that Polish? Looking forward to see some more screenshots (of unique items, bosses etc).

Oh, and before I forget:
*kicks shins*

Hi Kartongen! Nice of you to welcome me like this!

You gave me a good idea with that runic word Splendor. If I can find a shield it would suit me for a while.

Yes, it's the Polish language! It's funny because I actually spent 90% of my game time on the English version. Now I came back after a long break and downloaded the game from the Battlenet site in the original version, and I just did not notice that automatically when downloading there was already the Polish version. It's funny because now I have to translate some items from Polish to English because they got so stuck in my head that I only remember the English name haha

Here are two screenshots of items Lore and Stealth. If I find some items, runes or if I kill some boss I will also try to take a picture!

Lorelore — kopia.png
stealth — kopia.png
Stealth.

Last edited:
It's funny because now I have to translate some items from Polish to English because they got so stuck in my head that I only remember the English name haha
:love::LOL:

I can imagine that would be difficult. I know from other games that translations are sometimes quite low-effort aswell, meaning they can be quite inaccurate. Is the translations to polish generally good, or have you found some fun gems of poor translation so far?

Loving the screenshots aswell, but without the rune order I would never be able to guess what it was. (Unlike with german screenshots from @d2lover, where I can sometimes guess).

Today was an interesting day in gaming. I found dusk shroud 3 sox so it will come in handy once I collect runes for enigma.

1) Here the first screen i took was during my first Lower Kurast!
FirstLK — kopia.png
2) Here is my first death! I practically couldn't react at all. I think he used blizzard and it went :D
FirstDead — kopia.jpg
3) Here the quest with the forge. And some sick actions came out too. Well, as you can see my MAL fell out of the forge. Everything was fine, but when I was looking for items for GoMule I couldn't find this rune. I don't know if I just didn't pick up the rune after the screenshot or something just happened. I don't know, it's hard to say.HF — kopia.png

4) Here I was fighting diablo. It went quite smoothly but nothing interesting came out of it for me.
diablo! — kopia.png
I got through act 5 to task 3. Nothing interesting

5) I started to do some LK and the only thing that came out was MAL :D So I came out at 0 actually. I realize that I will spend a lot of time in Lower Kurast to collect these runes but it is what it is. You just have to be patient. I also got 1 talisman for boo for barbarian and 1 talisman for amazon for bows from what I remember.
MAL — kopia.png
necro — kopia.png

:love::LOL:

I can imagine that would be difficult. I know from other games that translations are sometimes quite low-effort aswell, meaning they can be quite inaccurate. Is the translations to polish generally good, or have you found some fun gems of poor translation so far?

Loving the screenshots aswell, but without the rune order I would never be able to guess what it was. (Unlike with german screenshots from @d2lover, where I can sometimes guess).
Not yet. But somehow I don't like some of the names of, say, armor or weapons. But somehow I try not to complain. Probably later when I do PIT, Pindle etc. I will find some items whose names I can laugh at :D

Please share (with a rough translation/explanation) when you do. Speaking of, is the currency in the Polish version Zloty? :p

Please share (with a rough translation/explanation) when you do. Speaking of, is the currency in the Polish version Zloty? :p
No, unfortunately there is no zloty, but I checked to see if there was any other currency :D

For the past year or two I have been naming my characters by choosing among randomly selected 5-letter names. Three of them have "money" names (Koine, Qursh, and Uncia). I definitely want to use "Zloty" as a character name someday!

Thanks for sharing Patience's journey with us, lucienn.

For the past year or two I have been naming my characters by choosing among randomly selected 5-letter names. Three of them have "money" names (Koine, Qursh, and Uncia). I definitely want to use "Zloty" as a character name someday!

Thanks for sharing Patience's journey with us, lucienn.
Hi Swamigoon! Not bad! I like your character names! You should definitely use a character with the name Złoty! Let me know how you create such a character! I would love to accompany you on your journey!

Reactions: Swamigoon
Right now I'm mostly focusing on that Lower Kurast I already wrote to you about. Enigma is my priority as well as CTA.
I'll probably be here for a long time but I'll share with you the runes I find! I like to listen to podcasts during Lower Kurast. I think it makes the game more bearable somehow!
Do I have any thoughts? I'm focusing on this necromancer above all else. But somewhere in the back of my mind I have further plans for diablo 2. I would definitely like to do zealot or tesladin in HARDCORE mode. I don't know if 99 lvl will be my goal (probably yes, but until I get my first 99 I won't write about it so boldly) but I would like to pass each mission. I am not an expert on zealot type characters so if I start this adventure in the future I will be asking you guys somewhere in part.

PUL — kopia.pngSUR — kopia.jpgVEX — kopia.jpg

Hello everyone! Wishing you all a great weekend!

I came from Lower Kurast yesterday and these are my effects of playing yesterday:
OHM — kopia.jpg

I have all the runes for CTA but I don't have the 5 sox crystal sword so when I collect the runes for enigma I will find the right one.​

I started counting because I find it interesting. This is what it generally looked like to find runes yesterday:
42 um
65 mal
112 OHM
116 pul
119 mal

Additionally, I found somewhere in the lower curast skin of vipermagi 27 resistance

1) I have three talismans +1 to bow and crossbow one of which has an additional +38 to life
2) One talisman +1 to cold
3) +1 to Poison and and Bone skill
4) +1 to Javelin and Spear skills
5) +1 to Warcry
6) +1 To Shape-Shifting skills

Unfortunately, I could not find any talisman for the skeletons.​

Hello to you! I hope your weekend was great!

Mr. Patience is making progress. I managed to find a crystal sword in Lower curast 5 sox. I decided to make a CTA. I was afraid that I would come out with +1 to battle orders, but no! I have +5 to battle orders which I am very happy with!
cta — kopia.jpg

I still haven't found a single ber rune though. I hope this will change, because I've been lucky with other runes, which is not to say much!

287 LO
747 gul
748 OHM
846 SUR
1048 VEX

Since I already have 2 sur runes I will continue to sit in Lower Kurast and hunt for ber runes or possibly these sur runes. I can't wait to move on with his adventure!

PurePremium
Estimated market value
Low
High