OT: The Daily Thread

Happy New Year!

RL: Hoping my card grading business really starts to take off in the coming months as we doubled our orders from November to December.

D2: Thinking about playing untwinked for a bit.

OVG: Some kind of FPS with my boy

RL: Not much to do today as of yet, maybe something later, but probably just cooking dinner and some laundry and spending some time with my son since his preschool was cancelled due to staffing shortage and my other kids are at school.

D2: Still trying to find a Death base. OCD in D2 is kicking in and I'll not be able to do anything until I find such item.

OVG: Would love too, but the OCD above is not going to let me.

Last edited:
Reactions: ipsilantee
RL: Partner and I both got COVID at the same time right after New Years (both of us were boosted and the symptoms weren't too bad). I took a break from gaming and most of the internet. Did a lot of reading and cooking during our quarantine.

D2: Going to Patriarch my Shock Mauler soon, then I might work on finding a nice AT map for future tourneys.

OVG: Booted up D3 on PS4 and played the Darkening of Tristram today.

Last edited:
Reactions: Vang
RL: three day weekend is another trip. Probably Arizona.

D2R: assassin is starting the clearing tombs process in act ii. Barb is in process of getting to Andy. All other characters have started except Amazon (still thinking on her).

OVG: Throwing myself back into NCAA basketball while waiting on Arceus to come out for switch.

It’s been a while since I posted since real life got in the way a bit.

Playing 3 characters now. A furyzon in act III Hell (doing LK runs now), a freezealer in act II Hell and a blizzballer in act II NM.

Last couple of days spent most time with the zon. Yesterday I spent most of my playing time looking for a decent LK map. The one I found is ok-ish: two campfires one directly left from my waypoint and 1 slightly up and to the left from that one. Zon is not ideal but I geared her for speed and use Valk and decoy a lot so she can run the chests.

Todays result (among other runes) a Vex, a Gul and a Lo. Some end gear runewords are really showing up around the next corner I think… now to choose which one to focus on. I am leaning towards chains of honor.

That should get my pally a much better chance. I parked him because I still need some gear (Guillermo’s face helmet most to get him to 100% CB) and am using the sorceress to farm for it. Pally himself is farming NM Meph on players 3

Still need to finish the first character of my sept. It is proving to take longer then expected but I am having fun and finding a lot of good items for future characters

Reactions: Kartongen
RL: ended up getting covid on vacation. Better now and got some D2 time in. Took a bunch of stuff to the Goodwill which I was meaning to get rid of for awhile now…like the extra space!

D2: restarted an untwinked 99 assassin after deeding my first in Act 2 hell. Hoping I play smarter. Also running LK a bit with my sorc.

OVG: I play Hold’em poker on my phone. My current long term goal is 1 billion dollars. The most I can win in a tournament is 1.8 million, so I have a ways to go. Currently at 98.3 million.

RL: Lots of snow. Cleaning my work area in the basement as it isn't bad, but I've got a few issues with work from microparticles that need attended too.

D2: Going to either continue random paladin who is sitting in Valley or start a new tournament character in babyhell's tournament.

OVG: Maybe some D3 or Halo Deathmatch. Probably neither.

RL: Lots of snow. Cleaning my work area in the basement as it isn't bad, but I've got a few issues with work from microparticles that need attended too.
What do you work with. Sounds interesting.

RL: Getting into the groove of my paternity leave. 1yo is just changing nap times from 2 to 1, which makes it a bit more chaotic. Still, it is a nice change of pace.

D2: Progressing with the untwinked sept. It's fun, but some characters are so tough this early (looking at you werewolf). Liking the paladin more than I like to admit thought I would.

OVG: Some Divinity OS (1) with an old and dear friend. Most time we have spent together since high school. Really enjoying that. (Even if we only manage to squeeze in 1-2 h a week).

What do you work with. Sounds interesting.
Not super interesting, I grade non-sports/sports cards with my newly launched company back in November. Couple slabs needed broken open, and it sometimes sends pieces flying and I had to do a deep cleaning as one card needed resealed like 4 times as little bits kept showing up. All fixed now.

RL: Still working on website, it has been the worst experience I've ever had with freelancers. I use freelancers for art all the time and have 2 or 3 I've used for a few years and no issues, web design to get my site up and running has not been kind. Hopefully this is the week as cards will only fill a day to grade this week as of this writing.

D2: Hopefully some more tournament time after work is done.

OVG: Nope. Was going to play some Halo over the weekend but my brother and friends didn't want too.

RL: Went for breakfast with a friend of mine. They had like bazillion of coffee types and ways to make coffee... I was quitw overwhelmed, but the advice they gave was quite good and I ended up having a very good cup of coffee :) now it is shuttle service for the kids - I fetched the girls from school, drove the younger one to choir rehearsal and am enjoying a good lunch while I wait for her.

D2: More recording for my March if the Doomed Assassin done. About to enter the Lost City in Normal.

OVG: not really a video game, but started to scan my Magic card collection to have an overview of the value of it. Turns out some card prices really went through the roof: bought Mana Vault for 5 Euros, now 45!? Not even speaking of dual lands (I only have 3 Taigas which I bought for like 15 Euros each over 20 years ago)... Never thought Magic would be a thing to invest money in 20 years ago... Should have done it xD

RL: cracked windshield. Fun.

D2: more work on the inferno sorc headed to lost city

OVG: NCAA Basketball 10 in anticipation of Arceus coming soon….

• Sad
RL: Took a vacation to Florida with my partner and dove with manatees. Home now and getting used to snow again.

D2: Found a nice AT map for my Blizz Sorc and the next SPF tourney!

OVG: None at the moment. Busy time at work but it should slow down by the end of the month. I'd like to start playing Elden Ring when it releases.

RL: R&R. This year has had a rocky start.

D2: I am stuck, frustrated, and a bit disheartened. Despite my timeline not working out (Guardian before D2R release), my all-Rare Avenger has hit a serious roadblock. I have found some great rares, which individually are excellent in general. However, the survivability is just not there. I can kill, but even with 80% @res in hell with max block, things hit HARD. The only sources I have for %PDR and CBF are incredibly rare high runes. Stacking flat PDR/MDR is also a matter of incredible luck, because I need the rares to role it or have enough sockets to spare for Sol runes...

I KNOW it can be done, and it can be done the way I want it to be done... but I think I need a break before I burn out. Something that mercifully is not so incredibly item dependent on survival.

• Wow
Reactions: Swamigoon
RL: not much. Windshield fixed for 50. Not bad for comprehensive insurance.

D2R: Inferno sorc is in the first third of act v. She’s parked for now because I am obsessed with…

PL:A: Pokémon legends: Arceus. This is the best game I have ever played in the Pokémon universe. There is so much variety and things to do, I’ve spent the past 8 days on it. My trainer is still working on the second area but is close to a 5-star rating. I recommend this for anyone into catching Pokémon and has ever wanted to play a Pokémon rpg. It’s basically Pokémon Go meets breath of the wild. Thus, D2R might be on hiatus until I see a patch 2.4 for switch or I get bored(not likely anytime soon).

Reactions: Skezla
Hi! I'm sorry if this is the wrong place to ask, but I couldn't find a daily/weekly questions thread or anything like that. Say I have a few assorted questions about the game (been away for a while, don't recall everything), where should I ask? A thread is ok?

Thanks!

Yep, you can ask by making a thread or post in the D2 Lounge (on page 2) or the d2r general chat.

Reactions: Xour
Hey everyone! It's been a while!

D2: With the 2.4 Patch being out I was wondering how you handle ongoing and older tournaments in that regard? Respecs to adjust the build? Should we declare the patch version in which we are playing? I haven't played in weeks myself, but I might try out some of the fancy new builds in a tournament. Also, with the set upgrade recipe, a reiteration of something like "green with envy" tournament sounds fun, doesn't it?

RL: has been keeping me busy. Lots to do, things to sort out (job for example), getting back on my feet again...going to therapy helped, but I am not as "robust" as I used to be. Kids are growing up, which is challenging and often nerve-wrecking, but at the same time they are the best thing in the world 🥰 Will be on a short vacation trip starting Sunday though.

OVG: After a 8 months hiatus I rebooted DOS II. Awesome game, but it already took 40 ingame hours (60 total) to finish Act I, and now I started Act II and it is even bigger than Act I! I am already at 81 hours total now...and still level 11. Man, being a completionist doesn't help if you try to strike a balance between RL and video games, does it? 😅

Reactions: ipsilantee
D2: mkfing nitha, pindle and shenk with my light sorc! going pretty well!

RL: Relaxing on the holiday! Thinking of watching some Batman animated

OVG: Played some Dead rising 2 otr and isaac AB earlier today! Really need a 8th kill soon! So many deaths now...

Diablo 4 Interactive Map
PurePremium
Estimated market value
Low
High