OT: The Daily Thread

Sorry to hear that :(. Drinking and driving really don't go together. Not sure how regulations about it are in the US. Here in Belgium you can have 0.5 per mille. Luckily enough nowadays most people seem to understand that there is a reason behind that rule and don't drink and drive. It used to be different though.

Yeah, there are similar limits in the US. Sadly, pretty much everyone that drinks is horrible at keeping track, "Besides, I'm only a little tipsy and I can still drive better than most other people" is what they think so there is still quite a bit of drunk driving that happens here.

Luckily enough nowadays most people seem to understand that there is a reason behind that rule and don't drink and drive. It used to be different though.

That's why now they play with their phone while driving instead. Much safer.

RL: moved back home. Cost of 1 flat tire in the middle of Nebraska. Need ID card and computer to do work. LA weather is still excellent.

D1: picked this backup from gog first thing I did at home. Have 24 hrs on it, progressing slowly through the cathedral (currently running lvl2s getting ready for level 3) warrior at level 9. Have bad weapons including a butchers cleaver. Have a ton of rejuvs though due to finding two eldritch shrines in the level running.

OVG: lots of Pokémon go soon. October 8th and 12th for raids and community day. Also just catching in the area isn’t terrible either.

That's why now they play with their phone while driving instead. Much safer.

Agreed. That's horrible too. I see people riding their bycicle do this a lot too. Often youngsters. I just can't understand what's so hard about putting that thing aside.

RL: have a card. Yay. Can get in base now without showing license all the time. Waiting on comp still.

D1: cleared leoric tonight. He hits really hard. Used some runes of fire and lightning to get rid of him. This warrior has had the best unique luck ever. I have a barnabys star, civerb s cudgel, and am now currently wielding an executioner’s blade. Damage is much better now. (This is hellfire which I’ve never played before....)

OVG: on the hunt for shiny oddish.

Condolences Mizzou.

===

RL: Really behind on UFC now, just haven't had the time to see my friend and catch up. Wrestling show Sunday. Won Employee of the Month. Work is so boring now tourist season has evaporated. The Rogue got two Assassination crits and got to Level 6 in D&D. He has +10 to Stealth and has a penchant for poisons. He may sound tropey but he roleplays a lot differently.

D2: Mainly been focusing on D&D reading.

OVG: A bit of Rocket League with TRM, as well as jumping on the RLCraft Minecraft hype train with some work lads.

RL: I presented some encouraging data on Monday and we are pushing forward now, just in time to include it in my PI's mid-term. Hitting problems with the digital pathology side, but working on that. Otherwise, I finally start my Samaritans training tonight, having missed by initial training block because of my brother's wedding. If you miss a session then you have to start again.

D2: I started a thresher (eventually) wielding zealmancer yesterday, should be fun!

OVG: I have five days off in the last week of October, so I'm considering a Diablo III playthrough since I haven't played it for a while, am currently reading The Order and want to eventually get around to reading the other Diablo III books.

RL: vacation starting Saturday. Return Monday. Probably off to see redwoods. Have a computer now and can login. Getting there......

D1: started a very successful sorc so far at level 11. Leoric was easily cleared. The butcher not so easy. Level 9 fire bolt helps.

OVG: plan to go to Santa Monica tomorrow night to do some raiding. Need more shinies....

Yep. In Oxnard working for US Navy.

RL: spent yesterday sightseeing in the Bay Area. Then drove down to the end of north route 1. Today, redwoods and volcanoes.

D1: not on vacation.

OVG: community day was so good. I got six shinies, with two being three-star, and a shiny giratina on my first raid with the New shinies....

Yep. In Oxnard working for US Navy.

RL: spent yesterday sightseeing in the Bay Area. Then drove down to the end of north route 1. Today, redwoods and volcanoes.

D1: not on vacation.

OVG: community day was so good. I got six shinies, with two being three-star, and a shiny giratina on my first raid with the New shinies....

I have the Belzebub mod for D1, and it's a lot of fun too. Glad to see others still enjoy that game

RL: despite the fact that I don't like big crowds, and I also don't like running on paved roads, I agreed to run my first ever real marathon (I did two, but those were nature runs, not aiming for a fast time) in April next year. 4 of my running buddies are doing the Rotterdam marathon, and since we are always having such a good time together, I didn't think too much about it and just joined them. The fact that I'm in what may be my best shape ever since making the switch from soccer to running surely played part in that decision. Currently I'm aiming for 3:15, secretly hoping for 3:10 or even a bit faster. But we'll have to see, as it's still a long time until then. 3 of the 4 others are aiming at more or less the same finishing time, so it should be fun, and also help a great deal, if we can indeed run the marathon, or at least large parts of it, together.

D2: nothing except a few hours in the mini-RFL. Not even my weekly group game, as I got kicked out of BNet from what looks to me like Blizzard's anti-bot / hack / whatever software producing false positives for some reason. I changed nothing, and all of a sudden it kicked me out. Got in touch with Blizzard, but all I got was a standard response. Didn't know that every attempt to log in resets the 14 timer, so in total it's some 4 weeks I didn't get to play on BNet :(. Next week I should be able to resume playing the group game. Keeping my fingers crossed it will actually work.

Next to that I'm actually getting the itch to play D2 again. Not really surprising, my D2 breaks never last long these days :). I think I'll continue questing my PJ / Daggerzon first. Or maybe my untwinked 99er Sorc. Or ...

OVG: still some Grim Dawn, but I'm loosing interest already. Strange that this always happens, because it's an extremely good game. But I get the feeling it requires more time from me to get somewhere than I currently have. I also still dislike the fact that I can easily kill and survive 99% of the content, and then get almost 1-shot in some situations. I planned and was actually really looking forward to play some MP games with 2 fellow Basiners, but I never seem to get around to do so. Which is another reason why it seems like it's D2 > GD for me again: D2 is something I can hop in and out whenever I want, even if I only have some minutes to spare. I always know exactly what I'm doing, what I need to do to be efficient, where to go, ...

Other than GD, I'm really into BGA (board game arena) at this point. I absolutely love board games, but outside of holidays, we always seem to lack the time to really play them at home, except for some quick games like The Mind and Quirckle. BGA is a good alternative. I recently discovered take 5 and absolutely love it. Next to that Carcasonne, Yahtzee and a bit of Chess.

RL: just need systems to actually work at work. Still doing training daily.

D1: sorc has progressed into the caves. Lvl 3 fireball and lvl 4 chain lightning definitely help, but could use some better armor (still wearing arkaines valor) and better resists for scary things.

OVG: need to pickup Darkrai probably this weekend. Also the Halloween event is kinda nice, lots of candy for powering.

Wow, no one has done anything interesting lately?

RL: last good vacation probably this weekend +Monday thanks to Veterans Day being an government holiday. Then lots of stuff at work to sort out over the next three months along with training on east coast. Should be fun. Headed over to do an run of Arizona.

D1: sorc in Hell. Forgot warlord of blood was magic immune until looked him up. Killed with stone curse and whacking via staff/lvl 1 golem.

OVG: redownloaded torchlight ii again and working through it. Made to act ii. So many good items there. Also did the regigigas event in POGO, was fun in Santa Monica with spoofer assistance.

Wow, no one has done anything interesting lately?

Not me!

RL: Catching up on UFC. D&D group is still going strong. Work sucks.

D2: Only seems like I have time for a few runs before work a couple of days a week.

OVG: Halloween event in Rocket League. and trying to understand modded Minecraft.

RL: only 2 more weeks until the half marathon. Did a 10K testrun with a few buddies this weekend, which confirmed what I've already been noticing for quite some time now: I'm in terrific shape. I don't think I've ever been able to run as fast for as long as I I'm able to do now. So I'm definitely aiming to beat my personal best of 1:29:07 at that race. For a road half marathon I'd even aim for something like 1:26. For this one though, which has stretches of offroad tracks as well (and as such a chance for muddy conditions, given that it's almost winter here), and some very short climbs, I'll be happy with anything below 1:29. Although I must admit I think I can pull off something close to 1:28 too, if conditions aren't too tough at raceday.

D2: played my PJ / Daggerzon for a bit. She is currently doing some normal Pindle runs to level up. Fun concept, although she lacks a bit of power at the moment due to the lack of good daggers at this stage.

OVG: picked a nice little gem I have in my steam library back up, and finally finished it for the first time yesterday evening: SteamWorld Dig. Lovely game. I can definitely recommend it to anyone !!! Apparantly there's also a Steamworld Dig 2. I put it on my Steam wishlist for now, but reckon I'll get it at some point. Same for SteamWorld Heist, another platformer of the same company which looks really fun.

Next to that I'm incredibly hyped for the new Diablo. It will probably be a few years before we'll see it's release, but for now I like what I have seen a lot. Nice that we already got a seperate D4 subforum here, so we can dream / theorycraft / discuss / ... the game in the meantime.

Other than GD, I'm really into BGA (board game arena) at this point. I absolutely love board games, but outside of holidays, we always seem to lack the time to really play them at home, except for some quick games like The Mind and Quirckle. BGA is a good alternative. I recently discovered take 5 and absolutely love it. Next to that Carcasonne, Yahtzee and a bit of Chess.
Hey what all games have y'all been into?? We've recently got into Scythe after a long, long Catan run! Splendor, and Carcassonne are a couple other we've enjoyed. Were doing Risk, but my wife beat me every time... Stupid dice....

PurePremium
Estimated market value
Low
High