OT: The Daily Thread

Kitteh1

Mar 2, 2011
Welcome to The Daily Thread!

Grab a seat and tell us about your day, as it is going to happen or how it did happen, whatever the day and whatever the timezone :)

The idea and the name are temporary, so give a yay or nay on the concept and leave any suggestions for a better name :p

RL: Uni. I feel like utter crap today, I really hope that they find the issue with the next lot of tests (9/11/16) as it is really messing my life around. On the plus side, my Dad, his wife and my little brother/sister twins are coming up in October, so I'm going to take them to the science centre for the day. I also bought them a hamper of retro British sweets :D Also, I'm going to be doing labs and group tutoring sessions with first/second year students, which (I want to go into academia) is both awesome and nerve-wracking. I only just finished second year myself!

D2: I'm hoping to do some today, but I'm not sure.

OVG: Ha.

Permanent daily thread sounds good to me!

RL: Having bad headaches the past two days along with cold symptoms. Left work early due to the pain and downed some Dayquil, extra strength painkillers and beer. 4 hours later and it's not so bad. Hopefully better tomorrow.

D2: Cruising through NM with the Fury Druid again today.

OVG: Not today

@Vildecor It was totally the beer that helped. Alcohol kills germs.

RL: Work then going to parents house for dinner. Been struggling to find the motivation to go to the gym. Trying to find a way to make myself go.

D2: Hopefully working on my tournament Polearm Barb, Also may start either a sorc or amazon to have another character to play for a change of pace.

OVG: Nothing right now. Maybe some 7 days to die if my dad wants to play.

RL: Er finished off my portion of the COSHH assessments we were lacking at work today. It was 'fun' to do....

D2: Aye probably, fishymancer prob as i feel tired and it the lazy way of playing ;) Not least as i got a nice head from diff character which gives nice boosts. Its just gone into Canyon of Magi as of last night.

OVG: Perhaps continue with my wall in minecraft, i finished the brick slabs between the two sides last night and did some of the outer edge trimmings before bed.

Good idea for a perm daily thread!

RL: on my way to Detroit for a food/wine show. My girlfriend has control of the radio and she prefers things like Justin Timberlake and Beyonce... 3 hours to go :confused:
On a positive note the Tigers have a home game in a race for a postseason birth so I'm gonna hit the park up after the show. Should be a good game!

D2: doubt it but I do have my computer... Got to about lvl 30 on my barb yesterday and had a NDE around Trav. I need to re-run some areas for xp. I'm quickly learning that HC is an entirely different animal.

OVG: nope.

Oh my gosh, I posted in today's daily thread but. I want to be on the frontpage of this no doubt long lasting thread. I baked cookies today. Chocolate chip.

D2: I'm literally too sick to play video games right now. I didn't play at all today but I got caught up straight up figuring out how to calculate 1.07 eth weapon damages from scratch and spent like 2 hours doing that for basically no reason since it turns out that of course repusz had the right formula in his guide. But I just didn't understand it. Now I do. Oh, and so now I know that my eth sup 1.07 thresher, if my future not-yet-made-and-don't-have-the-runes-for-it-yet infinity rolls perfectly it'll be sitting at 1,033 damage. So yeah I gotta do that.

OVG: NEVER!!

RL: Windy today! Apparently some strong gale winds around here and it's raining quite a lot. This would be absolutely a perfect day to stay home and play D2, if only I didn't have to go to work. I would probably take today off, but we have a deadline tomorrow so need to get myself to the office. After work, probably just chilling at home, not going to try and do anything else when the weather is like that.

D2: During the week, I get up about an hour before I really should as I need to wake up properly before I function, which means I'll have about 45-60mins of D2 time each morning before I start making coffee and get ready. Good way to level up my untwinked Fury/Rabies druid, who is coming up nicely. I've beaten Eldritch to death so many times (and found very useful items), but still need a better weapon. I've been looking for 'Black' base since I got an Io from Countess, but I have not seen a single 3os club/mace yet! So, probably going to run around in different areas of Act5 if I could get one to drop so boss fights would be easier. Or I'll just use Bonesnap, which Eldritch dropped probably about 7-9 levels ago.

OVG: Really getting an itch to start Borderlands 2 again. I never got to any of the OP levels and that kinda bothers me. Plus, it annoys me that I've sinked way too many hours on the game on PS4 and I'm nowhere close to Platinum trophy, so I might go back and start trophy hunting/getting to OP levels.

Yeah, this seems like a good idea. Although I'll miss your original titles when doing individual dailies.

O yes, and before you ask, I work for local government ;). Building approval and stuff like that.

RL: our little trail running group has expanded to 7 people. All more or less at the same level, and with 5 of them (including me) having done at least 2 ultras. As it usually goes, our dreams start to get bigger and bigger, so I definitely hope that my body would stop working against me and I can get to the training volume I want to. Chances are real we try to do a 75K next year, maybe even more. Wouldn't want to stay behind.

D2: nothing yesterday. I should have quite some time this evening, which will be used to level up the Necro in my Sept some more, or do some more LK runs. I keep on finding Assassin Trap skillers (I'm at 9 now), so I'm tempted to start a Trapper too. I only need to finish that Infinity and check if I have a good amulet for her, and she should be set.

OVG: nope.

Maybe I could change the title regularly (and people can PM me with ideas) and that way people sometimes get a random little moment of 'Ohhhh, I see what they did there!'? :p

Zon, the jealousy is real... Have you considered entering the World's Toughest Mudder 24 hour event? Last year there was a huge cash prize for any team that hit 100 miles, nobody did. Although Ryan Atkins has hit 95 miles solo another year.

RL: Looking at postgraduate funding. If I get into Oxford I may have to decline it for financial reasons, which makes me sad because it is the best course for me. My second choice (currently Glasgow, changed very recently) is much more affordable however. I'm also looking to move out this academic year, so stressing about that...

D2: Nope :(

OVG: Nope...

@T72on1 That's crazy to me how you can run so much. I did track in High school and did the 100m and 200m and that was about as long as I ran lol. Awesome job running consistently.

RL: Went to the gym this morning Chest and Back day, had a great workout. At work now and will probably get an oil change after work.

D2: Played for maybe 30 minutes yesterday did a few runs with the Barb, and started a Blizzard Sorc currently level 5 I think.

OVG: Played 7 days to die with my dad.

RL: Work outing in the afternoon(baseball game), dinner with my wife and brother this evening. Have a daddy daughter dance on Friday they mean the world to my 7 year old.

D2: Got my new Fishymancer(Lv51) to Act4 NM. I'm thinking of getting into Act5 so I can do more MF runs, I hate running Meph over and over especially since I need to summon skeletons at the beginning of every run. Maybe I can do Meph, Diablo and the Overlord kind of thing. I'm trying to keep the necro self found.

OVG: Taking a break from D3, still thinking of buying NBA 2k17, and waiting for Civ6 in October.

RL: Once dinner is sorted and eaten dealing with talktalk customer service as they have either failed or more likely forgotten to remove call divert in place whilst my phone was buggered.

D2: probably dont know who with yet though, perhaps my freezealot doing NM Eldritch runs so i can fluke a decent weapon drop so i can do Hell without dieing....

OVG: Perhaps

I got a call back for a second interview for that job I applied for. I posted up some info about it in a recent daily thread, about how I had applied. Not many people applied for the job, my friend said there was about 8 total. I knew I did well. But now I have to go interview again and I'm scared because I don't know what sort of questions they will ask me now after being interviewed already twice before.

It's a big step for me in my career and if I get the job my life will change a lot. I'll be responsible for a lot of people. I'll be boss. I don't know what's scarier, getting it or not. I definitely have been busting my butt for it but I wonder if I got what it takes or if I'm professional enough or not.

RL: Tired. Been going to bed too late all week. Yesterday our competition started again. We became champions last year so we got promoted. First match on the new level was vs. the other team that got promoted (champions of the other group of last year). We managed to win, so we're off to a nice start in what i've heard to be a tough group. Found out that one of our opponents of yesterday is actually a colleague. And i know that in one of the other teams there's another colleague.

Anyhow, for the rest of the day i'm gonna try to survive work as i've got little to do. After that i really need to do laundry before i run out of clean underwear so i guess the postponing of that has pretty much reached its limit. Besides that: playing Destiny.

D2: nope

OVG: Destiny. The new DLC is both nice and a bit of a disappointment. It has some nice new stuff, but for the money i paid for it i expected more. The new enemies are a tougher version of ones that were already there so not really new or innovative and the new story missions were (while nice) very short and few. For pvp they added a nice new mode, but on the other hand one that i found nice to occassionally play got removed. And of course they still didn't add matchmaking to some of the high end / end game stuff so that was certainly a disappointment as i still lack friends to play that with. Anyhow i like shooting stuff and other people up so i'll certainly keep having some fun with it for the time being.

Remind me what you play Cyrax?

RL: Planning to move out, and it is stressful. a) because it makes saving for my masters damned near impossible and b) because my Mum is not taking it too well :p Work today, handing out leaflets... I should find out today if I got onto the mentoring scheme and I've also been in contact with somebody at The Beatson Institue (Cancer Research UK centre in Glasgow) about spending a summer scholarship there, so I'm hopeful.

D2: Doubt it, work, training for our new liquid nitrogen show straight after work itself too, so won't be home until 9, which means probably not.

OVG: Coursework.

P.S. I can't change the thread title... I will try and make a poll for permanent vs multiple daily threads.

Badminton

That's wicked sweet.

RL: Got to the gym and did shoulders and arms this morning. At work now, at least its Friday. Not a ton of stuff to do today because it's the last day of the quarter.

D2: Played for maybe 30 minutes last night.

OVG: Nothing right now

My vote is for a permanent thread. And if you are up to it you could put a header at the top of your posts with the name of the day. So someone could look through this thread and read all the names of the days.

RL: Much better the past two days, no pain. Also excited the weather has finally gotten much, much cooler.

D2: Will probably play a handful of characters today since I can't decide on one to focus on.

OVG: Tempted to install Oblivion and Skyrim since I bought the Elder Scrolls Anthology a year or so ago and haven't done anything with it. That or just play some Morrowind. It's been a while.

PurePremium
Estimated market value
Low
High