OT: Steam Sales

Re: OT: Steam Sales

You know my opinion. I don't think you'll like TF2, but the HL2 expansions are great.

If you like HL2, the expansions are more of the same (good).

If you haven't, as you said, played HL1 to it's ending, I think you should do that first, trust me it's worth it. It was pretty epic for a FPS to have a storyline at the time, either at all, or that good.

HL2, well, you can get by without the Episodes, but they add much more playability beyond the original game. (not to knock it, vanilla HL2 is that damn good(tm))

Orange box on the table? if you can get it cheap, get it now. That is all.

/postcount +1

I got the orange box at full price (24 euros or something like that), and it was worth it. Portal is the best, but HL2 is great too.

OoooOOOKAAAAY!! Just spent money. I now own:
Torchlight (played a Destroyer to clvl12 on Hard so far)
Beat Hazard (have nearly as many total points as FastE already!)
Orange Box
Saints Row 2
Both Borderlands DLCs
Rainbow Six: Vegas

...I think these should keep me entertained for a little while... :whistling:

Gratz man. I hope they serve you well. You really should play HL1 before HL2 though.

BTW, there's *three* Borderlands DLCs.

interestingly enough, im midway thru hl2 episode 1 and all i can way is, if you're into the storyline, get both expansions. gameplay is more or less the same (which is great fun!).

problem is, imo, hl1 sets the bar too high that you may feel the sequel is not as good (although its storyline/action still pretty much beat most other fps out there)..

So, we know what TRM bought, but what about everyone else?

I got only Red Faction: Guerrilla, but so far am very happy with it. It's alot of fun. I shall attempt to get my friend to come over and watch me play.

urgh, this is bad for my wallet..

deus ex pack: 4.98
bioshock: 4.99
borderlands: 10+
l4d 2: 7.50 (part of 4pack)

@TRM: Sorry, I was going to reply earlier, but I've only played R6: V2. Let me know how the first one goes. :)

I already posted what I bought on page 2. I was thinking about jumping in on a Borderlands 4pack with a couple of forumers on a Buy/Sell forum I go to, and getting the DLC packs as well, but changed my mind because I have enough games on my plate as it is. :p Same goes for the Orange Box. :(

There should be a Steamaholics Anonymous group. It doesn't feel like real money you're spending because the entire transaction is virtual. There's no tangible DVD game box or umming and ahhing in the queue for the till.

@PJ: I bought SR2, Alpha Protocol, and some indie games.

DANG IT!!!

Portal is $2 today. If I'd bought HL2 and Eps. 1 & 2 separately yesterday and Portal today, I would have saved a few dollars. ...And I wouldn't have TF2 sitting there uselessly.

Three Borderlands DLCs? *grumble*

@omg: Will do. I can't presume Vegas will be a terrible game, but it may take a bit of time before I get to it.

I may get World of Goo today because FastE says to.

I just bought World of Goo. I was just thinking yesterday that I'd like to see it on sale. There should be a demo of it kicking around TRM, if you're not sure whether an indie puzzle game is worth your Benjamins.

Resurrecting the thread (timeless according to the thread title) today sees the (UK) 75% reduction of Star Wars: TFU, reduced to £5. Now I've never seen a SW film, and I've formed a biased opinion that I hate the franchise and all it stands for, but is it worth picking up?

I bought Blood Bowl for £4.75 in the weekend sale and I'm pleased I got it for such a low price. I've been having fun playing with the two RL friends I convinced to buy it, and am thinking about buying the legendary edition at the end of the year, or whenever it's released.

When there's a mass effect/mass effect 2, and maybe dragon age sale, get those.

More spam? LucasArts sale this week. I bought KOTOR. I don't like Star Wars, but it's a BioWare RPG I haven't played.

Am I the only one that only owns a single computer game?

EDIT: Well two if you count the original Diablo and I guess three if you're going to add in LOD.

PurePremium
Estimated market value
Low
High