Official 1.13 SPF Ladder: Rules, Signups, Status, and Discussion d

Re: Official 1.13 SPF Ladder: Rules, Signups, Status, and Discussion

It would be great if we weren`t allowed to hotmule at all, and my vote reflect that, but it`s not the end of the world for me if it is accepted.

GG on not allowing e-bugging, though. I like it:)

I`m in the right category in the original post, so I`m basically just posting to complement the OP on a fantastic job.

@JasonMaher: You ID it and drop the original one if the new one is better, or you don`t run with Gheeds at all if you need more of them.

Well, I think the whole only one charm per char is designed for B.net where you can simply join the game with another char and keep it. For SP the perfect way to handle the feature to only be able to take advantage of one charm would be that you could only keep one in you inventory instead of on the entire char. I think not allowing hotmuling would just be screwing up. Because not being able to keep new items you find while MFing/playing would just mess it up..

EDIT: Oh, BetaBlocker, SC, 1.13 FAM

[highlight]skiffcz SC vanilla[/highlight]

I dont really want to stay alone in the SC vanilla bracket, but the choice is based on few things:

1, I want to get rid of FAM for simplicity and personal reasons
2, I dont want to play HC for PvP reasons. I like the HC idea, but the fact that the toughest enemy for my shiny new WF/Beast/zomgebotd is nothing more than hell ancients or lister ... sigh .. I like PvP idea just a bit more.
3, I dont and wont play enough to sustain two brackets.

Hotmuling - if you ban everything but gheeds, it will be like my gf saying "You cant cheat on me EXCEPT with hot chicks". Where is the point?

Lets allow hotmuling if and only if you play in multiplayer game (no matter if you play alone or with party). This rule would be simple to follow and purists will have their purity. If this is too much hassle though, I vote for banning hotmuling as unnatural.

personal note: Lets see how long Ill last this time. Lately, there is something missing.. but ladder with final patch finally seems to be good firestarter, at least for casual play :)

[highlight]NacRuno SC vanilla(?)[/highlight]

I am definately in for the ladder. I want to play a 100% exploit free game with this restart but high chance of runedrops are just too fetching for RWM. I just hope blizzard decides to give those RWs to us so i don't need to make this hard decision of FAM/Vanilla. I will probably start vanilla for the ladder, and then might keep a RWM shortcut for PvP only. But i may also go RWM all the way. Will wait for the release for my decision.

Needing to lose a gheed is a hassle but i am okay with either way. I would have said no to hot-muling if I was definately going vanilla, but since i am not, i am undecided on hot-muling too.

[highlight]bcoe SC FAM[/highlight]

This ladder sound fantastic, and like it will be a lot of fun. I am very impressed by the management plan laid out in the OP - the website sounds very cool.

I will definitely participate, but probably not right at the beginning. I have a couple of more "projects" that I'd like to finish in the rune-fest of 1.13b and with some of the ridiculous gear I've accumulated over the years. Once those are done, a restart on this ladder and maybe dipping my toes into the trade pool sounds like a ton of fun. Thanks for organizing this!

Why not do [highlight]hotmuling[/highlight] like this: you can hotmule a Gheed's from your character, but only one of the two Gheed's can be used on this ladder. Also, you need to S&E immediately after picking up the new Gheed's (i.e. don't pick up any drops or buy stuff from a vendor, as those things are affected by Gheed's).

Then, after you S&E'd, you can choose the Gheed's you'd like to keep, and stash the other one away, preferably in a non-ladder stash.
If you would like to continue playing the ladder with your newfound Gheed's, you need to S&E immediately after hotmuling and switch them using GoMule/ATMA.

Why is hotmuling off ( which is basically only Gheed's ") is such an issue? It's allowed per SPF rules, AFAIK.

SPF rules allow for other blatant hacks like rune colours, modified DLL for HF rushing, and indestructible bugging. They just got accepted per spf rules because it's a bloody pain to sort everything out. Same went for ATMA back in the days, it also is an extension of the game. But, being human I'm not impartial to being a hypocrite, as San pointed out on irc. (thx San, involving logic in what is clearly a religious issue)

But as we're defining rules for this ladder, I'd like it to be as neat as possible, and therefore I say:

Be a person and don't hotmule.

Last edited:

My NO to hotmuling. Since we are going from start I don't want what is unnecessary. Need gheed? Go hunt Andy/Council couple of hours and you will have more Gheeds that characters.

SPF rules allow for other blatant hacks like rune colours, modified DLL for HF rushing, and indestructible bugging. They just got accepted per spf rules because it's a bloody pain to sort everything out. This ladder however should stay pristine.

Be a person and don't hotmule.

So I'm less than a person if I hotmule? I'll keep that in mind. You might want to consider that ATMA and GoMule are also, by your definition, "blatant hacks".

Every char I build uses Gheeds so I am unsure if I will participate if the ladder forbid hotmuling them since I'll basically only have one then... But I guess I'll get dragged in to it anyway :p

my statement stays: The Gheeds was designed for B.net and if there was a way to, for instance, put one gheed in you stash and only be able to have one in you inventory it would make sense to ban hotmuling..

Yeah, Jason, you missed my update. And ofc you're less than a person if you hotmule. Hotmulers should be hung, drawn and quartered, subsequently fed to pirañas (or bnetters) ^^

Now you've gone too far... feeding to bnetters... seriously, some people just don't know when they've crossed a line... :p

Every char I build uses Gheeds so I am unsure if I will participate if the ladder forbid hotmuling them since I'll basically only have one then.

As frozzzen says, simply don't carry gheeds if you are running a target than tends to drop them. No need to hotmule and you still end up with plenty of gheeds.

In the mean time, trade up for the best one whenever you see one and have a gheeds, and simply move it when switching characters, it only takes and extra 13 seconds.

However, unless the rune drop odds are bumped back up, or there is some other change that makes 1.13b cheesy, I recently restarted and I will not be doing it again so this not a vote, just a helpful hint.

Glad to see some excitement about the ladder. Remember that you can compete in the ladder as if it were any other tournament. You can either rededicate yourself to the Ladder entirely, or you can just play on it for a little bit of fun. Since you can take all your items of Ladder characters and give them to your non-Ladder characters (but not bring them back in), it should give casual players or players with large item pools already a little incentive to join in.

Go figure that hot-muling is a touch subject :p. I personally don't do it, but I'm not really bothered either way. Let's just make sure we don't let our personal feelings get in the way of the debate and keep it as simple as possible. Seems like it will be neck-and-neck until the start of the ladder.

I'm putting the finishing touches on the first tournament, and I'll post it in the next few hours. I'll also put a link up to a beta of the website tonight or tomorrow (hopefully).

Thanks for your hard work putting this together, mattinm. Can't wait to see how things pan out.

[highlight]Nagisa SC FAM[/highlight]

Still a little unsure about SC FAM or HC Vanilla, but you did mention PvP tournaments...

Voted no on the issue of hotmuling, by the way.

I'm staying 1.11 for the time being. RL is rather complicated right now and I'll have to go through all the trouble associated with moving to new house very soon. I have some builds I would like to (eventually) finish in 1.11, before resuming item hunt at which time I might consider 1.13.

I'm putting together the full information for the first tournament right now, but it will again be stolen unashamedly from Ohomemgrande.

Who I'm pretty sure borrowed and modified with pride from Hrus and jjscud :) The funny thing is that I just wrote that and then checked the other thread to see from whom I "borrowed" the rules from; I used the same "borrowed and modified with pride" two years ago when I wrote that out.

I actually hope this takes off. When I tried to do this a few years ago the MF tourney at the start seemed to take too long and killed some of the momentum. Hopefully having an end-goal of lvl 99 will keep things interesting. I may even have to join up now. Hmm......

I like hotmuling. I will hotmule and no one can take it away from me muhawawa.

However, I would not be opposed to having a "hotmuled items go out of the ladder" rule. Sometimes I like to play a single-pass style tournament and hotmuling is useful to get things out of the game that I may want to collect, especially if I'm playing with no extended stash.

FWIW, I voted no to hotmuling.

I'd also really prefer to stay vanilla, but that requires Blizzard to enable ladder RWs in SP, which I doubt will happen.

I don't really get the bru-ha-ha over hotmuling. Its really only relevant for Gheeds, and you can still only carry one at a time. I have 63 gheeds in my ATMA stash, but I really only ever use the best one (one off from perfect). Would it be any different if I never hotmuled to stash the other ones? Not really. It would hurt my pack-rat sensibilities, but it wouldn't change game-play in the slightest. I voted for indifferent, because I just can't see that it matters so much. If there is some game-changing imbalance introduced from hotmuling that I'm not appreciating, I'd love some enlightenment.

PurePremium
Estimated market value
Low
High