Next mafia game.

Re: Next mafia game.

thank you, Falcon. someone else was asking me and i referred this site, but did not provide a linky. hopefully now, Mike will see it. :) ;) :kiss:

:thumbsup: :cloud9: :thumbsup: :cloud9:

would like to sing up to this event (still have to read rules through :crazyeyes:)

My understanding is they are "locked", meaning we can't change our votes now, but they aren't lynched until the end of the day.

EDIT: And by Day, I mean end of the Game day. So they are still alive and able to talk until the mod declares it nighttime.

That's also how I interpret it. But I wasn't sure if that was what Flip were referring to.

speaking of Flippie.... you look so pretty now that you have purple ink!!! :cloud9: :cloud9: :cloud9: and still rather good-looking as an elf. my name is Leopold Stotch and i approve this message. ;)

alright, Mike. Mara has next round so be looking for sing-ups when the one now is over. ^_^ can't wait to play with you. :D *hugs*

Dying does not mean you lose. If your team wins, you win with them.

Well - that's just really freaky compared to the games I've played - locked you can spill your guts? All good - I just need to get a handle on the "new" rules.

And Leo - Thanks for taking me out first in the LOTR game - I'm on to ya now ;)

AND:
Uraj was a DEA agent

Note WAS - means DEAD? Death is death?

I understand locked doesn't mean lyched - but normally you defend yourself as opposed to this "Player" is locked - day is done unless you players say no?

There's nothing in the rules that says someone can't UNVOTE and there's no longer a lock? - Sorry I've played across many boards - these rules seem to have evloved here to something different?

Last edited:

Flip, DEA agent means that he was a goverment agent.

Locked means that the person is locked, going to be lynched at the end of the day, his role will be revealed and HE CANNOT BE UNLOCKED. HE WILL DIE. This however is the best time to get information from him, for example if person has a power role, lynching him will out his role and he can be believed.

For example, there are 12 players in the game, if you need 6 votes to lock and 5 to confirm, if the person has 5 votes when the day ends, he will be killed, if he has 6, see my explantion about locking.

I thought it was kind of peculiar to reveal the roles of locked lynches immediately, instead of at the end of the day. Perhaps it won't make much of a difference though, since either way they would have been able to talk until the end of the day, and then we would have known if they had told the truth. Being told immediately only gives us some extra time to plan our next move, at least on this third day. The last two days we had to rush to get a lynch, so it did not matter.

Agreed with Feysal

@Flip There are tons of different rules and even on the same sites you'll find different games run with different rules. On mafiascum.net they play games where the days can last as long as 3 weeks! But if the "locked" number is reached then they IMMEDIATLY end the day.

It's just a different style here, and as long as everyone knows the rules then its no biggie. As Feysal says, even if the role hadn't been revealed until after the lynch, Uraj still would have said everything he has said since the lock, and it would have all been confirmed at the end of the day.

hey

It's all good - I can tell you that this IS NOT the way the game use to be played HERE on this site. As I've said before I played quite a few years back here and it was a completly different game.

Thanks Feysal - you get what I'm saying. I also thought it strange to do a reveal but still let a lynched player talk.

Nurman - I know what the DEA is The quote I used said WAS - as is in No Longer or Dead? Just a different interpritation.

Again - I'm just making sure I understand the rules.

maybe Gorny should bring those back? :D

i could always re-learn how to play because... well, i didn't get a firm hold of it the first time.

the problem isn't bring those back...it's getting enough interested people to play (10 minimum i think) then the harder part is balancing it while not disrupting the regular flow of the forum too much. Not to mention the headache or actually running the game and sifting through the rules.

I wouldnt mind it every now and then

the problem isn't bring those back...it's getting enough interested people to play (10 minimum i think) then the harder part is balancing it while not disrupting the regular flow of the forum too much. Not to mention the headache or actually running the game and sifting through the rules.

I wouldnt mind it every now and then

yeah, dude. totally understandable. :)

I find it very uninteresting without the knowledge of who just died.

sometimes there's a good reason to withhold that, for example, not revealing a doctor death or something, but it just feels less interesting to me because the story means nothing.

PurePremium
Estimated market value
Low
High