Need Opinions on LK Map

smloeffelholz

Jun 15, 2018
I rolled the LK map pictured below in the last week. I haven't had much time to play it, but it seems pretty good for rune finding with the 2 close campfires.

2enc55s.jpg

Since this is the sorc I was going to use for the MFO, I would have to get rid of this map in order to find a favorable AT map. The more I looked at it though, I wondered if it is worth keeping. Is this a map that I could match in a few sessions of re-rolling, or is it something that could take weeks to find again? I'm just looking for opinions from people that have done much more LK running than me. Thanks.

I can't comment on the LK map, I can't run LK. Tried a couple thousand times and didn't get a single HR.

How bad is your AT map?

Yeah, It's not that great. You can let it go and reroll a new one like that in... less than an hour or so?

I agree with the forementioned opinions.
If it´s not a map with a superior weapon/armor rack (like sacred targes for instance)
you should look for another one with huds much more close to the waypoint.

You should probably put more stock in what the more experienced players are telling you, but it can't hurt to offer another experience.

Recently I did 500+ rerolls of my Trav map while also checking LK maps. In that time I found maybe 1 map that was both circular and had chests closer to the waypoint than this map:

co1lMeG.png.

I ended keeping this map anyway. I would say it is a couple of teleports better than yours? I can do comfortable runs around 21s. I've really come to like it since the two pairs of houses are close together, so it's a short burst of chest opening bookended by bit longer teleports. I also approach each chest from the left, making it easier to deal with clutter.

EDIT: I literally just decided to do the run since I was already there.

FTgTaaC.jpg

Last edited:
Also btw even a 20% time-save may not be worth the effort unless you're literally planning 10k+ runs...

Think about it:
if you shave off like 2 seconds per run (on a better map), but took 5 hours to find a BETTER map (not just equivalent) then you're not saving any time until around 10k runs in. Just some rough math on my end. So unless you plan to run LK forever I wouldn't really bother for better. Equivalent shouldn't take long imo (1-2 hours), if you plan to replace your map with another for MFO or something

You could also just make a dedicated LK runner. Get it to lvl 80+ or something, have some fun, then switch to LK

I personally wouldn't like that map because it lacks useful poppables interspersed with the 'extra' bits

How hard would it be to upgrade this map?

YDfCyr9.png

All of the old LK map threads are full of broken links, so I can't find truly extraordinary maps to compare with this one.

That looks like a very good map to me. I tend to agree with @pharphis above. It could take hours of rerolling to find something a tiny bit better, and that time would be much better spent just doing LK runs. I am no expert, but I would keep that map in a heartbeat.

Here's mine
1YSbzLv.jpg

I rerolled several similarly good but with one issue. Regular monster spawns inside the huts. That's the killer. And I generally prefer to not have to teleport south since it's slower.

It's easy to roll one with close huts. What's hard is rolling one that has no monster spawns (especially boss packs) inside the huts. Check if there are regular spawns inside. If no > keep, if yes > consider rerolling.

Now, that's a great, truly circular, map. Thanks for sharing.

I took me ~800-900 rolls (across chars) to get this map. Is it bad luck or do we have different definitions of "easy"? :)

I did not pay attention to monster spawns, but I'm averaging around 23s (on two different routes) on my map. I don't see that number decreasing significantly with practice, which is why I'm considering rerolling (I'm looking for a map to "retire" on). Granted, my focus are charms and gems, so I'm spending a bit more time looking at drops.

What do you average on your map, @srrw?

I pick up waaaay too much stuff to be efficient. Probably 25-30s average. I did some test "fast" runs and I got 20s avg but I can't keep that up for more than 15mins.

I don't know if I'm lucky with the map rolls or just persistent but I rerolled this sorcs map about 10 times. I never felt it took me too long to find a keeper.

If you're looking for a map to retire on I'd definitely reroll this one because as I said teleporting south is slow and annoying to me. But that may just be me :p

I did not pay attention to monster spawns, but I'm averaging around 23s (on two different routes) on my map. I don't see that number decreasing significantly with practice, which is why I'm considering rerolling (I'm looking for a map to "retire" on). Granted, my focus are charms and gems, so I'm spending a bit more time looking at drops.@srrw?

Anything sub 25 s is fine, really. Going under 20 s requires a great map, really focused playing, and probably ditching most of the charms, gems, jewels and crafting runes. I don't obsess about picking every single flawless gem or ral rune that drops in a big pile of clutter, but I like to pick most of them. LK is a great way to build a strong charm collection.

Frequent monster spawning inside the huts can kill an otherwise great map as @srrw said. It is annoying skipping chests because you can't click on them.

Anything sub 25 s is fine, really. Going under 20 s requires a great map, really focused playing, and probably ditching most of the charms, gems, jewels and crafting runes. I don't obsess about picking every single flawless gem or ral rune that drops in a big pile of clutter, but I like to pick most of them. LK is a great way to build a strong charm collection.

I wanted to ask this question about run times next, so thanks for answering it preemptively :D I have a healthy stash of HRs (more Ohms for getting 6BO CtA would be nice, though), so crafting materials and charms are at the top of my list of priorities.
I don't know if I'm lucky with the map rolls or just persistent but I rerolled this sorcs map about 10 times. I never felt it took me too long to find a keeper.

If you're looking for a map to retire on I'd definitely reroll this one because as I said teleporting south is slow and annoying to me. But that may just be me :p

Teleporting south is ultimately why I decided to reroll. RNG was kinder this time around as I think I got 2-3 decent maps in under an hour of rolling, before settling for this:

suzRgYj.png

An improvement to be sure, but I am not sure if it's retirement level. That would be a map which would allow me to always approach the chests from the right and always start with the lower chest in the 2-chest huts (basically, a denser version of this map without TPing south); this allows for runs where one doesn't have to use telekinesis (I know it's faster, but it requires more actions, hence less relaxing).

Initial "fast" run testing indicates less than 20s runs are routinely possible. I start the route with the upper left hut and TK only in this hut; the south (southeast, really) teleport between huts 2 and 3 is alright since you place the cursor in the lower right corner. So, barring a monster spawn problem, I don't think I'm going to reroll this one. I might look for a retirement map with another character, if I'm not too lazy.

Thanks for your help, everyone!

Last edited:
When you say look for a retirement map, do you mean one that you keep forever? How do you do that? o_O

@Disposition, I do mean that. I'm probably misinterpreting the second question, since the obvious answer is: I just don't reroll it. Do you mean how do I not get bored of it?

PurePremium
Estimated market value
Low
High