Most certainly not the last thing i'll ever wish for - Item find thread May 2013

Status
Not open for further replies.
Well, two reasons. You gave no screenshot of your find, so it's questionable how many people did actually read about your find.
Secondly, those two things cannot be compared. This shield is worth dozens of Cham's and Lo's, probably most valuable item in whole thread by a mile.

Gripster, he's probably talking about the screenshotted dual rune find, not the shield.

That said, yeah no screenshot or anything, so it doesn't really mean anything. I once found 5 Zods from the same monster, cool story.

This is the last f'n time I'm rolling a Spirit... Again it took 30+ tries to get a 35%FCR... I mean what are the odds?

Code:
Spirit 
Superior Gilded Shield 
TalThulOrtAmn 
Defense: 192 
Chance to Block: 0 
Durability: 50 of 50 
Required Level: 38 
Required Strength: 89 
Fingerprint: 0x44f4746e 
Item Level: 85 
Version: Expansion 1.10+ 
+2 to All Skills 
+35% Faster Cast Rate 
+55% Faster Hit Recovery 
+14% Enhanced Defense 
+250 Defense vs. Missile 
+22 to Vitality 
+98 to Mana 
Cold Resist +35% 
All Resistances +45 
Lightning Resist +35% 
Poison Resist +35% 
+5 Magic Absorb 
Attacker Takes Damage of 14 4 Sockets (4 used) 
Socketed: Tal Rune 
Socketed: Thul Rune 
Socketed: Ort Rune 
Socketed: Amn Rune

"That said, yeah no screenshot or anything, so it doesn't really mean anything. I once found 5 Zods from the same monster, cool story."

Lol? You think it's that hard to fake a screenshot? Either by altering it or by dropping items on the ground and taking the picture? Anyone can cheat in this game and claim he didn't. The whole SP forum works on the honour system.

"That said, yeah no screenshot or anything, so it doesn't really mean anything. I once found 5 Zods from the same monster, cool story."

Lol? You think it's that hard to fake a screenshot? Either by altering it or by dropping items on the ground and taking the picture? Anyone can cheat in this game and claim he didn't. The whole SP forum works on the honour system.

Perhaps, it's hard to judge a screenshot that doesn't exist though, which was Fabian's point afaik.

Actually several people have been banned in the past after trying both of those things. But like Fabian said, without a screenshot for runes and an ATMA / GoMule readout for items, I read the IFT post as "whatever." Seems to me these things have been a bit lacking of late.

FINALLY, A GRAILER..

From the pit chest!

Code:
Wisp Projector 
Ring 
Required Level: 76 
Fingerprint: 0x2a18e170 
10% Chance to cast level 16 Lightning on striking 
Lightning Absorb 18% 
20% Better Chance of Getting Magic Items 
Level 7 Spirit of Barbs (7/11 Charges) 
Level 5 Heart of Wolverine (3/13 Charges) 
Level 2 Oak Sage (2/15 Charges)

and what a roll!
Found my 14th Lightsaber just minutes before, which was disappointing as always.

Ok, at grail-10 (excluding 1.07 azurewrath), I'm, missing

T-might
Fathom
Azurewrath
Redeemer
Torch of Iro
Knell Striker
and 4 set items, heh
cow king
cow king
cow king
sander's paragon.

:eek:

edit: and as an added bonus
Code:
Shogukusha's Grand Charm of Vita 
Grand Charm 
Required Level: 69 
Fingerprint: 0x1b164c84 
+1 to Martial Art Skills (Assassin Only) 
+40 to Life

Ok, at grail-10 (excluding 1.07 azurewrath), I'm, missing

T-might
Fathom
Azurewrath
Redeemer
Torch of Iro
Knell Striker
and 4 set items, heh
cow king
cow king
cow king
sander's paragon.

That's intersting. With my single-pass playstyle, I am at grail-104 (not counting Rainbow Facets, of which I have none) but I have all the low qlvl stuff that you are missing (Knell Striker, Torch of Iro, Sander's Paragon and all the Cow King items). For me, it's the elites and and the high-end exceptinals that are hard to find (since they can only be found in a small part of the game, and several of my characters die before getting there. In addition, few of them can afford lots of MF in the late game.).

I have also found the 1.09 Azurewrath (unique Crystal Sword) a couple of times. :badteeth:

That's intersting. With my single-pass playstyle, I am at grail-104 (not counting Rainbow Facets, of which I have none) but I have all the low qlvl stuff that you are missing (Knell Striker, Torch of Iro, Sander's Paragon and all the Cow King items). For me, it's the elites and and the high-end exceptinals that are hard to find (since they can only be found in a small part of the game, and several of my characters die before getting there. In addition, few of them can afford lots of MF in the late game.).

I have also found the 1.09 Azurewrath (unique Crystal Sword) a couple of times. :badteeth:
I found it many years ago in 1.07 on an untwinked zealot in act 3 normal!
Ya, i'll be impressed if you can get all but the rarest TC87s with your play-style. That will take an incredibly long time. additionally, you normal run in hell with the safety gear, not MF gear :p

I forgot to include Griffon's in my list because I deeded mine a long time ago. Damnit

Got me some pretty nice little gloves here for my trapper. Had the poison res been over 20, I'd say they'd be almost legendary. These have been upped from the exceptional version in which I first found them.

Code:
Storm Touch
Bramble Mitts
Defense: 61
Durability: 11 of 12
Required Strength: 50
Required Level: 42
20% Increased Attack Speed
Fire Resist +28%
Cold Resist +28%
Poison Resist +8%
18% Better Chance of Getting Magic Items

Did anyone else know that knives can spawn with + blizz charges?
I had no idea..
Code:
Hailstone Edge 
Bone Knife 
One Hand Damage: 40 - 67 
Durability: 20 of 26 
Required Level: 60 
Required Strength: 38 
Required Dexterity: 75 
Fingerprint: 0x5c4ab6e8 
Item Level: 88 
37% Enhanced Damage 
+9 to Minimum Damage 
+98 to Attack Rating 
Adds 1 - 7 Lightning Damage 
Poison Resist +6% 
Level 1 Blizzard (11/22 Charges)

Logout also rolled me a 44 life barb combat skiller tonight. eh

I've been starting to get that "been there, killed that" feeling again, so I decided to hit LK for the runes for 1 more project before a little break (though I doubt it'll be too long - I'm not nearly as burned out as in the past). No runes of note in the latest 300 runs, but a couple of decent finds and a one-more-resistance-mod-short-of-awesome pair of boots.

In my runs I've also been grabbing magic Mesh Belts (and other bases) for a crafting project in the future and got an ethereal one. I can't remember this for sure, but when/if I craft this isn't the ethereal property removed and it's just a normal mesh belt?

Code:
Sparking Grand Charm of Life 
Grand Charm 
Required Level: 42 
Fingerprint: 0xb1b34eb 
Item Level: 80 
+1 to Lightning Skills (Sorceress Only) 
+12 to Life

Crimson Jewel of Bliss 
Jewel 
Required Level: 37 
Fingerprint: 0xf1c44a9e 
+14 to Minimum Damage 

Eagle Greaves 
Sharkskin Boots 
Defense: 48 
Durability: 10 of 14 
Required Level: 25 
Required Strength: 47 
Fingerprint: 0xb0de8f2b 
+20% Faster Run/Walk 
+10% Faster Hit Recovery 
+22% Enhanced Defense 
Lightning Resist +37% 
10% Better Chance of Getting Magic Items

Last edited:
In my runs I've also been grabbing magic Mesh Belts (and other bases) for a crafting project in the future and got an ethereal one. I can't remember this for sure, but when/if I craft this isn't the ethereal property removed and it's just a normal mesh belt?

Yes, the crafted item will not be ethereal. The magic- and rare items rerolling recipes will also remove 'etherealness'.

Yes, the crafted item will not be ethereal. The magic- and rare items rerolling recipes will also remove 'etherealness'.
To further elaborate: only Charsi's imbue quest will keep the original item's etherealness.

Status
Not open for further replies.
PurePremium
Estimated market value
Low
High