MFO Winter 2005 Progress [by Gabriel74]

Pb_pal

Mar 19, 2020
This tournament has already ended. It was originally posted by @Gabriel74 on Jan 28, 2005.
(link to original thread on diabloii.net)

MFO begins

So, for some the time has come, the rest of us are not to far behind.

The MFO has begun. Here are the final lists, if someone needs a correction, or wants to add in it will be open for changes for the next 4 1/2 hours.

Here are the current lists along with the forum member administering the various areas. Please send updates to them periodically.

I would also ask that questions and comments continue to be put in the other thread, if they are specific it would be even easier to send them to your areas administrator.

I would also request that people do not post in this thread. If we could leave this for updates posted by the four people running the various areas, I think it will be much less congested. Thanks.

Baal

In Charge--Ricrestoni

LprMan
ron
Farting Bob
Slartibartfast
Tweety
vajurewi
Gabriel74
Corax
salvo
factory
kabal
Shermo
jjscud
necrolemming
Bammy
grogs
Masas
DriveC

Meph

In Charge--Cryist

vajurewi
silospen
Disco-neck Ted
shade
aidennz
Aramis_11x
DontFret
Gaz
Masas
Cormallon
Illiana
Chase_Encode
caspervc
Gewürtztraminer
HDCrash
RTB
SuperSavage
Mad.as.a.meataxe

Lvl 85 areas

In Charge--Gabriel74

Davemetalhead
Cattleya
Ricrestoni
Boddah_Khan
Silospen
yashugan_
jjscud
DontFret
factory
Grimfeng
salvo
Aramis_11x
Corax
Shermo
Toppo
Bammy

Act V super uniques

In Charge--sunbearie

Chase_Encode
TenYearsGone
kabal
ron
Davemetalhead
frosty
Gouda (HC)
DX-Crawler (HC)
Farting Bob
Ricrestoni
Tweety
HDCrash
Silospen
Boddah_Khan
mad.as.a.meataxe

The different "judges" will post (or already have in the other MFO thread) the best way to get a hold of them for questions and updates.

Good Luck

Last edited:
Just in case you didnt see them in the other thread, i believe these are the score sheets that this MFO will be judged on. remember, top 5 items count per person.
Baal
act 5 SU's
Meph
Lvl 85 areas
Thanks to chase_encode for those links.
I'v only had a couple of people submit items to me so far, so i won't put up any tentive rankings untill i get at least 5 poeple submit items to me. And please people don't forget to include your fourm name and to make it a bit easer please include a total score.. Thanks and don't stop MFing untill your fingers start to bleed..
We have to submit items all the way along? I thought we just submitted the top 5 at the end?
silospen said:
We have to submit items all the way along? I thought we just submitted the top 5 at the end?
either way dosen't matter, unless you want to be included in the tentative standings throught out the week..
a suggestion if i may,
When you do the tentative standings throughout the week don't include the scores. I know i'd be put off if i looked and the person in front had say the equiv of 2 tyreals. However leaving it blank i wouldnt know whether the person was ahead by 2 or 200 so I'd still compete in that area to try and catch up.

@Gabriel: youve got email
farting bob said:
Just in case you didnt see them in the other thread, i believe these are the score sheets that this MFO will be judged on. remember, top 5 items count per person.
Baal
act 5 SU's
Meph
Lvl 85 areas
Thanks to chase_encode for those links.
Can that lists be regarded as rarity lists? I know it depends on what items the individual monsters can drop, but putting it all together it's similar to "what is the rares item ascending" (or SOMETHING).... right?
If so, regarding the baal and lvl 85 areas list, I can be happy with the fact that Darkforce Spawn seems to be my rarest item! :D (not counting runes, potions from baal ans such)
corax said:
a suggestion if i may,
When you do the tentative standings throughout the week don't include the scores. I know i'd be put off if i looked and the person in front had say the equiv of 2 tyreals. However leaving it blank i wouldnt know whether the person was ahead by 2 or 200 so I'd still compete in that area to try and catch up.

@Gabriel: youve got email
I think Gabriel wanted to have only people involved with running the mfo to post here.

That being said....
MFO Rules said:
- Entrants should email the details of their finds to "the person in charge of there area" on a semi regular basis if they want to be included in the rankings which will be updated daily. In the interest of sportsmanship, I encourage you to update your findings at least a few times before the end. (Only relative rank will be displayed)
nough said there, but i do have what looks like the first MEph category relative rankings.

1. Chase_Encode
2. Disco_neck Ted
3. Aidennz
4. SuperSavage
5. Gewürtztraminer
6. Cormallon

That it for now, keep sending those up-dates and i'll post then asap..Cryist
Alright guys, I know you are all running, but I haven't gotten enough updates. As soon as I get a couple more people to send me their standings, I will put up a relative ranking list.

And Corax, they will be posted without points, just relative ranking like Cryist did above.
What if I haven't found anything? :(

:D
mephisto running goes great!

13 list items at the moment:D
Plz let us that are admin the areas post here, just so it dosen't get to cluddered up. Cryist
I have a new list out and the Meph category is heating up and every one is real close. i've received 10 up dated from to following entrants and their relative ranking is this..

1. Aidennz
2. Chase
3. no forum name yet
4. DNT(Disco Neck ted)
5. Masas
6. no forum name yet
7. Caspervc
8. Gew(Gewurtztraminer
9. cormallon
10. Meataxe(Mad.as.a.meataxe)

next up date mite be untill 31 jan 05

keep it up people this category was won by me in another MFO my score was 192.9 points that is what it's going to take to win this category.. Cryist

Edit: i am also going to post this in the other MFO thread..
Ok, Its been the weekend and I've only gotten three updates from participants :)

This means that either
1) Pindle gives crap (not surprising)
2) Some people can't get me. Please email me at [email protected]

To date, I've only recieved updates from three people.
In order of 1st to 3rd:

mad.as.a.meataxe
kabal
Davemetalhead

Lots of zon items for some strange reason :lol:
Right, Here's the rankings for now for Act V super uniques:

1) mad.as.a.meataxe
2) kabal
3) TenYearsGone
4) Boddah_khan's
5) Davemetalhead

To give some perspective, the average score is 40 and no one has 5 stormlashes(score of 170) yet. Good luck.
Next update would be 24hrs later.
Baal update:

1- LprMan
2- Shermo
3- necrolemming
4- DriveC
5- all the rest

Please, whenever you send your updated your results, make sure your name is somewhere in the message. If you've sent your update but you are with the rest, PM me.

So, even though most people haven't sent me updates, I figure I would put up what I have.

Current standings in lvl 85 areas.

yashugan_
Corax
Davemetalhead
jjscud

Just as an incentive to keep running, this one is far from over. It is all very close.
I think most people want to wait until the end, or until they find a good item or 2 before showing how good they are doing.
That's scary, I hope you mean it all very close except jjscud who is way, way behind.
I wonder... Was I the one on 3th place in the Meph category who was foolish enough not to give her forum name? :D Anyways, I added another unique jewel to my collection (+3/-3 lightning) and have found a total of 21 qualifiers this far. Considering the hours I can put into this, I would say that's an amazing result. Back to Meph!
2nd update for Act V superuniques

1) mad.as.a.meataxe
2) Boddah_khan's
3) farting bob
3) kabal
4) TenYearsGone
5) Davemetalhead
6) Tweety

Boddah_khan soars into 2nd from 4th place, leapfroging Kabal and TenYearsGone on the way. Of our two new entries, while Tweety starts with a modest 7th place, farting bob comes out of nowhere to displace kabal out of the top 3. Mad.as.a.meataxe still manages to hang on onto 1st place by the skin of his teeth. 👍

Other things to consider:
1) There are still 8 other unranked contestants!
2) Getting super-rare items(stormlash, deathweb etc) might not win you the contest! Its consistency that wins the race! Don't be discouraged if you haven't found them.
3) No one has 5 stormlashes yet so the race is far from over.
4) A difference of +/-1 could likely mean a change in your ranking.
Sense my last post i finallyt figured out who my no names were, and have had a lot of up-dates. So far 15 of 18 people have given me a list of items that they have found. The standings have also changed a bit.

Finnaly after an hour of reading updates i have made a top ten list.

1. HDcrash
2. Masas
3. Aideenz
4. Chase
5. Illiana
6. DNT
7. Supersavage
8. RTB
9. Gaz
10. All the rest

"Quoting this from Sunbearie"
Other things to consider:
1) There are still 3 other unranked contestants!
2) Getting super-rare items(stormlash, Spiritkeeper, Valor etc) might not win you the contest! Its consistency that wins the race! Don't be discouraged if you haven't found them.
3) A difference of +/-1 could likely mean a change in your ranking.

Keep sending me up-date and i'll post as soon as i can. The race is still to close to say that the top ten will be the top ten when i post tomarrow's updated.. Cryist
So, we have a change in our Lvl 85 standings

Corax
yashugan_
Cattleya
Davemetalhead
jjscud

It is amazing how there only seem to be five people running in this category.
Just sent my pathetic results to sunbearie. So drop me a note if you didn't catch my mail.
Tuesday's Baal update

1- jjscud
2- LprMan
3- Shermo
4- necroleming
5- DriveC
6- salvo
7- the rest

jjscud had a great jump up the ranks, just for you to see how the thing is all far from decided. Hey, you rest of people, update your results!
I'v received a few up dated, and will post then later tonight and hope that i get some more up-dates from the other players. At this point all i can say is that this is turning out to be a tought competition, right now there is no clear leader, and a top item find by any one will put you at the top of the list. Cryist
Tuesday's Act V superuniques update:

1) mad.as.a.meataxe
2) Boddah_khan's
3) farting bob
3) kabal
4) Davemetalhead
5) TenYearsGone
6) Tweety
7) Frosty

Little change in the rankings here except that Davemetalhead and TenYearsGone have switched places.

Btw, its not necessary for you to send me daily updates if you don't have anything to report :)
There has been a few changes, the top 2 stayed the same, but they better watch out, becuase we have a few new faces that broke into the top ten and a few that fell to the bottom. Here is the new list.

While i was updating this list Chase sent in another update to me and jumped right into 2nd place.

1. HDcrash
2. Chase
3. Masas
4. Silospen
5. Aideenz
6. Shade
7. Illiana
8. SuperSavage
9. DNT
10. Gaz
11. RTB
12. Gew
13. Aramis_11x
14. Cormallon
15. Caspervc
16. Meataxe, Dontfret,Vajurewi

This time i listed everyone, so you know where you stand and what you need to do to win.

Chase you got lucky with your up date, you jumped from 5th to 2nd, the biggest Advances were made by Silospen and Shade, from unranked to ranked. Just remember that if you want to keep your new found items you need to knock the top 3 contenders off the top.

I have yet to receive any data from the bottom 3. Just submit when you have a chance to [email protected]
Ooo, 3rd place, go me!
Well done Bob - Now quit posting in this thread, man. Its meant for organisers/updates only! That sort of post could have easily been placed in the other thread.

*Gives Bob a disapproving look*
Well i was quoting a post from this thread, so i dont see the problem. And i'll stop posting here now if you do.
*walks out of thread, making sure silo follows*
Sent sunbearie an update. Hopefully I can be second last. I hate being last.
FBob, Silsopen, neither of you are going to get any tapioca at the after party. Take THat!
Baal wednesday update:

1- DriveC
2- jjscud
3- LprMan
4- Shermo
5- necrolemming
6- Bammy
7- sakvo
8- Gabriel74
9- the rest

Cmon, ron, FBob, Slarti, tweety, vajurewi, Corax, factory, kabal, grogs, Masas, where are your results?
Sorry, no Baal runs for me yet. I decided to focus on Pindle, maybe I squeeze in some Baal runs when Pindle is more generous. With this whole top 5 item stuff it is impossible to focus on more than 1 category. Maybe something to think about in future MFO's.
I haven't found ANY green and golds off baal yet Ricrestoni. so no update from me. I'll probably only run the lvl 85 areas as ive got some items that i REALLY want to keep.

1) mad.as.a.meataxe
2) Boddah_khan's
3) farting bob
4) kabal
5) Tweety
6) Frosty
7) Davemetalhead
8) TenYearsGone
9) DX-Crawler
10) ricrestoni

[highlight]I edited out the scores originally posted here. PM me if you posted them intentionally - AE[/highlight]

Two new entries today coming at the bottom of the table but ricestoni has less than 5 qualifers. A good drop could push him to the top.
Taking opportunity that Davemetalhead and TenYearsGone are occupied elsewhere, Tweety and Frosty both moved up two places. The top 4 places are unchanged although their scores have also increased.

I've seen a few horizons too so a stormlash should drop for someone eventually :) All the scores are within a stormlash away (ie. within a range of 34)

I'm getting some serious item envy here. How come I never get such items when I take part :)
This is an early up-date for me tonight, and there has been some new developments.(Yesterdays rank). For 1 it's my birthday(39), 2 i'm going to an 8 pm show.

1. HDcrash(1)
2. Silospen(4)
3. Chase(2)
4. Masas(3)
5. Aideenz(NC)
6. Shade(NC)
7. Illiana(NC)
8. SuperSavage(NC)
9. DNT(NC)
10. Gew(12)
11. Gaz(10)
11. Caspervc(15)
13. RTB(11)
14. Aramis_11x(13)
15. Cormallon(14)

The biggest Advance was made by Caspervc from 15th to Tied with GAZ.
Every one keep in mind that i haven't had a up date from quite a few of you for a couple of days, so i expect rankings to change in the next few days.

Don't give up. Only 50 points seperate the top 8 contenders. Also any one in the bottom 8 could easly jump up into the top spots with a good find or two. Just remember that if you want to keep your new found items you need to knock the top 3 contenders off the top.

I have yet to receive any data from the bottom 3. Just submit when you have a chance to [email protected]
Hey, sunbearie, either I am completely mistaken, or you were supposed to keep numbers secret. I don't really mind, but I see it a little... spoiling. IMHO you would better only rank competitors.

About the Horizon's - DAMNIT! At least it was a perfect damage one! :)

*goes to Pindle*
Oh crap, my bad on that. I copied the rankings with scores on an email, then copied/pasted it over and I forgot about erasing the scores.

My apologies if I've ruined anything for you guys :(

I didn't say you got the horizon :) ricrestoni
Baal's Thursday update:

1- jjscud
2- DriveC
3- LprMan
4- Shermo
5- necrolemming
6- Bammy
7- salvo
8- gabriel74
9- the rest

A change at the top! jjscud is now leading the game!
current lvl 85 standings.

Corax
Factory
yashugan_
Cattleya
grimfeng
Shermo
jjscud
Davemetalhead
Sent without forum name
Ricrestoni

I think I know who sent without forum name, but I will wait and make sure.

Ric, you gave me a good laugh with that update.

Several of these spots are only off by tenths of points. Literally.
Update for Act V superuniques:

1) Boddah_khan
2) mad.as.a.meataxe
3) farting bob
4) kabal
5) Tweety
6) Frosty
7) Davemetalhead
8) TenYearsGone
9) DX-Crawler
10) ricrestoni

Well, Boddah's effort has paid off, finally overtaking mad.as.a.meataxe. Whether he can mantain the lead is still waiting to be seen. Meanwhile, most people have improved their scores but the rankings hasn't changed much. Still waiting for that stormlash to drop then. :)
There are only 2 days left and you Guy/Girls are going to have to work harder if you want to chatch the leaders espically if you want to catch HDcrash, He is still maintaining the number 1 spot. Masas posted a good score to day and took 2nd place from Silospen, as well did Cormallon which put him in contention in the top 8 now.

1. HDcrash(1)
2. Masas(4)
3. Silospen(2)
4. Chase(3)
5. Illiana(7)
6. Aideenz(5)
7. Cormallon(15)
8. Shade(6)
9. SuperSavage(8)
10. DNT(9)
11. Gew(10)
12. Gaz(11)
12. Caspervc(11)
14. RTB(13)
15. Aramis_11x(14)

The biggest Advance was made by Cormallon from 15th to 7th. Looks like we have another contender now. Every one keep in mind that i haven't had a up date from quite a few of you for a couple of days, so i expect rankings to change in the next few days.

Don't give up. As you can see what 1 good find can do for you. Just think what 2 good finds could do for you.

Just remember that if you want to keep your new found items you need to knock the top 3 contenders off the top.

This shouldn't be down here..
I am going to post an updated list later tonight, but I have to say. Some people may be VERY disappointed if they quit now. There are LITERALLY a few tenths of a point in between some people.
aww but i want to know now. I haven't found anything new so thats why theres been no update from me.
Things have had quite a shake up. But still the scores are real close.

Lvl 85 areas

yashugan_
Corax
Factory
Cattleya
grimfeng
jjscud
Shermo
Bammy
Ricrestoni
1 day left and thing are starting to heat up. If you have an ace up your sleeve then it's time to send it in. HDcrash maintains his lead and the 1 spot. Masas posted a good score yesterday and took 2nd place from Silospen, But Silospen post a real good score to day to take second place back, While Shade is also trying make it a game by moving from 8th to 5th right below Chase, Vajurewi comes out of no where to take the 11th spot.
Here is the new Rankings:

1. HDcrash(NC)
2. Silospen(3)
3. Masas(2)
4. Chase(4)
5. Shade(8)
6. Illiana(5)
7. Aideenz(6)
8. Cormallon(7)
9. SuperSavage(NC)
10. DNT(NC)
11. Vajurewi(16)
12. Caspervc(12)
13. Gew(11)
13. Gaz(12)
15. RTB(14)
16. Aramis_11x(15)
17. Meataxe, Dontfret

No real big advances this up-date Execpt for Vajurewi who finnaly sent in a list. Every one keep in mind that i haven't had a up date from quite a few of you for a couple of days, so i expect rankings to change in the next few days.

Don't give up. As you can see what 1 good find can do for you. Just think what 2 good finds could do for you.

Just remember that if you want to keep your new found items you need to knock the top 3 contenders off the top.

The list of items below are the most common items that have been found sofar.

The Redmeer-5, Demonhorns edge-7, Boneshade-7, Ondal's wisdom-2, Alma Negra-5, Cerebus bite-5, Verdungo's hearty cord-4, Andariel's Visage-4, Soul Drainers-5, Nosferatu's coil-5, Steel Shade-5, Naj,s Puzzler-8, Lightsaber-4, Dracul's Grasp-4

I have yet to receive any data from the bottom 2. Just submit when you have a chance to [email protected]
Well, the MFO is almost over for most of us. I won't post the results yet since some people may not have finished yet. So far, the rankings are as follows

1) Boddah_khan
2) mad.as.a.meataxe
3) kabal
4) farting bob
5) Tweety
6) Frosty
7) Davemetalhead
8) TenYearsGone
9) DX-Crawler
10) ricrestoni
11) Gouda

Davemetalhead may be withdrawn since his computor went bonkers.

There are 4 participants yet unlisted.

Chase_Encode
ron
HDCrash
Silospen

All participants, please send me an atma dump of your 5 items once you've finished the MFO. I'll reveal the rankings based on this final list of items. All previous rankings are to be disregarded so we may have a surprise winner :) My email is sunbearie at yahoo.com

A final note: Its your choice whether you want to use your top 5 items or not in the standings. Don't assume your stormlash etc is enough to win the day for you. If you can't bear the thought of losing it, consider just sending in a lower score. Another thing to consider though is that if not for the MFO, you wouldn't find the item anyway :) Ultimately, the choice is yours.
Isn't that bit unfair? There is a risk of loosing items and everyone knows that when they signed up for this, imho thats one of the base ideas of MFO. I lost Schaeffer's and Windforce in one MFO, the schaeffer's would have been for my grail but I had to give it away. Still haven't found another. I sent the items to winners, it was hard but thats how it is supposed to be done

I did some runs today, got few more qualifiers and one of them was good enough for my top 5. But I don't believe it changes anything. I'll do couple of runs and hope for a miracle, then e-mail my best qualifier to ric for final standings
I agree, if you sign up for a MFO your real top 5 should be sent in, the other seems bs to me.
The fact is that you ARE honor bound to send in your top five qualifiers. Anyone who does any less is no more than a cheater, and sucks rocks.
Oficially cancel me from the Lvl85 and Pindle competition.

I'm still in the Meph - I just didnt have time for either Pindle or Lvl 85 - so don't worry, I'm not keeping some great items out of it, or anything!

I'll be sending my final 5 off on suday. Just too knackered right now. Its 20:00. I got up at 0500 hrs and i've done 15K of rowing today.

Si
That's completely wrong, or else people like me in 9th or 10th place with no hope of winning could just send 5 IKmauls for our final score and avoid having any items taken.

Same goes for anyone "withdrawing" at this point, they should report whatever they found, even if it is just one item, so the winner can choose it if they desire. Remember, the price of having the chance to win big is that you also have the chance to lose big.

My apologies for posting in this thread, but we are talking the olympics here. This should be the equivalent of having guys with cameras and stopwatches observing constantly, getting it all down and making sure we don't go "out of bounds", don't cheat or use illegal gear. Only, of course, we are on the honor system since nobody can come to our houses and ensure that we play fair. But not reporting your top finds in order to keep them safe is just not right.
i totally agree, i think it's childish to be a part of the competition with this rules, and then say.. hmm i don't wanna lose that nice bow i've found!!
for my opinion, do not "hide" items and just post the 5 rarest you've found
lose them or not.. that are the rules wherefore you've signed up...

This is not going to be my normal rankings post tonight. It's 6:30 pm here and the west coast still has 5.5 hr to play. So becuase i want to wait utill i get more up-dates the curent rankings will stand. Just to let you know there are changs in the top 10, but i am going to be a little Cruel and not post them untill the end is official, but i will share this little tidbit with you all.

The difference between 2nd and 3rd is only 10 points and i haven't received and up-date from them yet, and the difference between 4th and 6th is only 6.9 points again i haven't received all up-dates yet. Then there's Aideenz which is in 8th and i haven't received and up-date from him in several days, which could make things a bit interseting when he sends me an up-date.

Cryist
Gabriel74 said:
Things you should understand. You may lose some of your qualifying items. This must be understood from the start. If you sign up for Baal, and a windforce drops, you have to understand that you may lose it. No begging, whining, pleading. Though it would be impossible to really know, I have to add that not including something in your list of what dropped during the MFO, to make sure an item would be safe, would lack honor.

Much like Vegas, if you can't afford to lose it, don't gamble.
I take back what I said having read the quote :rolleyes: Different MFO, different rules. (mumbles abt stupid referees who forget which rules they're playing by)
I apologize if my manner was less than civil. Completely understandable that rules from other olympics can pop into your brain. I spent most of this one hoping nobody would take my ethereal gladiator's bane and had to keep repeating that they only get to choose from the top five items...

Cheers!
Disco-neck Ted said:
I apologize if my manner was less than civil. Completely understandable that rules from other olympics can pop into your brain. I spent most of this one hoping nobody would take my ethereal gladiator's bane and had to keep repeating that they only get to choose from the top five items...

Cheers!
No offense taken 👍 I was confused in my head anyway.
This is for sunbearie, cryist and ric. I think it may be easiest if you guys would e-mail me the final winners, then I could just post one thread that had all the standings. If that works for you then send me your winners when they are completely done.

And again, thanks for all the help, this would have been much more stressful without you.
sent in my resukts to sunbearie.

Kudos to the organisers. It's been fun!!! :D
Just wanted to remind Cryist, Ric, and Sunbearie to make sure that you are only counting half points for

Thunder Mauls
Spired Helms
Mighty Scepters

those uniques. It was posted as the final say in the MFO, I hope that everyone remembered that as they were counting up their points and qualifiers.
Gabriel74 said:
Just wanted to remind Cryist, Ric, and Sunbearie to make sure that you are only counting half points for

Thunder Mauls
Spired Helms
Mighty Scepters

those uniques. It was posted as the final say in the MFO, I hope that everyone remembered that as they were counting up their points and qualifiers.
And there goes my lead :rolleyes: .

Can't wait to see the final standing, the suspense is killing me. Cheers!

Edit: Come on, I don't agree with it either (Lost a lot of points), but he's in charge, and it's his ruling. Don't argue, it's not going to change anything.
Gabriel74 said:

Thunder Mauls
Spired Helms
Mighty Scepters

IIRC scourges, legendary mallets, and sacred armours each have two uniques also. Is there a reason the scores for those items aren't halved as well, or is the way scores are split representative of how probable each one is (i.e. for every 6 unique scourges, 5 will be Horizon's thus it has 1/5th the score of Stormlash)?
Gabriel74 said:

Thunder Mauls
Spired Helms
Mighty Scepters

I have to say Bs on this ruling..... for 1 fact... since fingerprints are not alike....the items are not the same. Yes they have the same name.... but are 2 items and should be counted as such. Not halfed because you have 2 of them. A top item is still a top item. If you were going this route you should have said that you can only count "ONE" of every set/unique that dropped. Lets face it .. if you half it.. its not worth much, chances are that you have something lower on the scale that would be worth more than your halved item. By that logic, Once you aquire a second copy of an item its not elite anymore????
So if someoen got 5 storm lashes the 2nd would be halfed, the 3rd would be half of the 2nd, the 4th half of the 3rd right????? Because the other 4 you found are not as elite as the 1st????? seriuosly... re-think this...
-Crash
Could someone just explain the thinking behind all this half/double stuff - I'm thoroughly confused (not that it affects my score IIRC). Had someone put it in as double in the first place and now it needs to be halved? I don't have any issue with whatever Gabriel stated were the rules at the start - I'm just curious.
HDCrash said:
I have to say Bs on this ruling..... for 1 fact... since fingerprints are not alike....the items are not the same. Yes they have the same name.... but are 2 items and should be counted as such. Not halfed because you have 2 of them. A top item is still a top item. If you were going this route you should have said that you can only count "ONE" of every set/unique that dropped. Lets face it .. if you half it.. its not worth much, chances are that you have something lower on the scale that would be worth more than your halved item. By that logic, Once you aquire a second copy of an item its not elite anymore????
So if someoen got 5 storm lashes the 2nd would be halfed, the 3rd would be half of the 2nd, the 4th half of the 3rd right????? Because the other 4 you found are not as elite as the 1st????? seriuosly... re-think this...
-Crash
Seriously... why are you complaining? It's the same for everyone. You can always set up your own MFO, that way you wont have to follow other people's st00pid rules.

Edit: And BTW, the rule was stated before the MFO started so you really shouldn't be questioning anything:

http://www.rpgforums.net/showthread.php?t=305348&page=12&pp=10
Well, the scores on those items were very high compared to other tc87's (EG berserker axe) because there are two uniques for those items. Technically, this means finding such an item is 50% rarer then any others, hence the higher score. That makes sense.

However, most feel that the higher score just because there are duplicates isn't fair, so the score is halved, making it equal to a regular item. Following this?

I hope that made some sense. I can see the logic, but I hate losing so many points. Ah well, so is life. Cheers!
Boddah_khan said:
Well, the scores on those items were very high compared to other tc87's (EG berserker axe) because there are two uniques for those items. Technically, this means finding such an item is 50% rarer then any others, hence the higher score. That makes sense.

However, most feel that the higher score just because there are duplicates isn't fair, so the score is halved, making it equal to a regular item. Following this?

I hope that made some sense. I can see the logic, but I hate losing so many points. Ah well, so is life. Cheers!
Hmm, thanks for that. So I take it that it only applies to those item types cos there is a 50/50 chance for each whereas for other item types (eg scourges) one is much rarer than the other?

Edit: I must confess I too am hanging out for the results, checking the forums every hour or two, but I suspect it'll be a few days before we see them.
mad.as.a.meataxe said:
Hmm, thanks for that. So I take it that it only applies to those item types cos there is a 50/50 chance for each whereas for other item types (eg scourges) one is much rarer than the other?
I'm not sure on that, but I would assume that is correct. Cheers!

Edit:

mad.as.a.meataxe said:
I must confess I too am hanging out for the results, checking the forums every hour or two, but I suspect it'll be a few days before we see them

In the past, there has been a 48 hour limit to get your items in to the organizers past the end day. Then a while to organize everything. It will be a while, but it is nervewracking. Hopefully the fact that each category has a seperate organizer will speed things up. It all depends on how fast people send their items in.
My 2 cents:

There is definitely room for argument on both sides of the issue. However, for this MFO, it was stated that the scores would be halved before it started, so that's the way it goes, end of issue. Everyone is on the same playing field.

On a personal note, after thinking about it, the halved scores make more sense to me. Here's why: The double scores are based on the idea that if that item were chosen, then there is only a 50% chance that a specific item would be chosen. However, this ends up over-inflating these items in my view.

Here's an example. Lets use Armor TC 81 (Nightwings Veil/Veil of Steel) Also in Armor TC 81 is the Leviathan armor. So, the chances of getting a unique Kraken Shell or _one_ of the unique Spired Helms (doesn't matter which) should be the same, and the score should be the same. This requires using the halved values for Nightwings/VoS.

Under this logic, for duplicate items with different probalbilties of being dropped I would want the weighted average of their scores to come out to be the same as for a unique item for an equally rare TC. From looking at scores, this doesn't appear to be what was actually done, but I'm not complaining because:
1) See my first paragraph
2) Just the quick look I took at the scoring system to answer mad.as.a.meataxe's question gave me an insight into how hard these scores must have been to compile in the first place. It would take a ton of time to do the list as I proposed, and since I'm not volunteering to do the work, I'm not complaining.
3) Most of the over-inflated items in this case are already insanely rare, so it just acts as a bonus for finding those items. The more common items in those cases are much closer to what they should be than the 50/50 items were.

Okay, now I've been my opinionated self. I'll be good now. Maybe. ;)

-Cat

Hee-hee, and yeah, I'm anxiously awaiting the scores too. I know it will take time to organize, but the logical voice in my brain can't drown out the 5 year old voice. Are we there yet? :D
I've sent my lvl85 areas into Gabriel but it appears with the half point ruling that i missed i have a shift in my top 5. damn. so you'll get another email from me Gabriel

@ricrestoni: i find any qualifiers in my baal runs. so dont wait for me
I think it boils down to item type vs. the actual item itself. What I mean is that if we compare a Nightwing's and a Leviathan, both TC 81, the Leviathan will be more common. This is because that while every unique Kraken Shell will be a Leviathan, only half of the unique Spired Helms will be a Nightwing's (the other half being Veils of Steel). From this perspective it makes sense that Nightwing's and Veil of Steel are worth more than Leviathan.

If we compare only the item types, however, once a monster has decided to drop from the armor 81 category, Kraken Shells and Spired Helms should be equiprobable and thus the scores for a unique Kraken Shell and a unique Spired Helm should also be equal.

For the purposes of the MFO I'm fine either way as long as it's consistent. Personally (and rather irrelevantly since I'm not making up the rules here), I feel that the first argument makes more sense. If I'm looking to trade for a Nightwing's for a blizz sorc, I'm not going to settle for a Veil of Steel just because it's also a unique Spired Helm. These two items are separate and distinct and should be treated as such.

On another note, for those who are anxious over the final scores, I wouldn't be opposed to posting my findings either here or in another "unofficial" MFO result thread. I'm pretty sure that the set time for the MFO is over for everyone now, so there'd be no harm in revealing the scores. I'm very interested in the scores of some of the A5SU competitors (Boddah, meataxe, farting bob) myself.
kabal said:
For the purposes of the MFO I'm fine either way as long as it's consistent. Personally (and rather irrelevantly since I'm not making up the rules here), I feel that the first argument makes more sense. If I'm looking to trade for a Nightwing's for a blizz sorc, I'm not going to settle for a Veil of Steel just because it's also a unique Spired Helm. These two items are separate and distinct and should be treated as such.
Wuothed for agreemtne. Thanks fo rsavign me the time of tying somehting out :D
silospen said:
Wuothed for agreemtne. Thanks fo rsavign me the time of tying somehting out :D
and saving us the pain of reading what silo typed!

IMO the scores should be kept secret until Gab posts them.

Man, not this whole argument again. The rules were set before we started, so the scores will be calculated with those rules.

Next MFO we can start the discussion all over again, there is something to say for both sides, but rules are rules and when they are set, its final.
Leafing through the rule book:

Gab said:
Nightwing's Veil 11.4/2 =5.7
Veil of Steel 11.4/2 =5.7
The Redeemer 19.5/2 =9.75
Heaven's Light 19.5/2 = 9.75
The Cranium Basher 18.6/2 = 9.3
Earth Shifter 18.6/2 = 9.3

The items on the preceding list shall have their scores halved. I am not going to do up all new points lists for these items, just halve them if/when you find one and see at that point if it falls in your top five.

Those were the rules we agreed on beforehand :) Like I said before, different MFO, different rules.
Those of you who included the original scores in your top five you have 12hrs (from the time of this post) to re-send me your new Top 5. Otherwise, I'm going to use the half-scores.

Chase_Encode
ron

You have 12 hrs to send me your top 5. Otherwise, I'll assume you have been withdrawn.

TenYearsGone: No updates from you either. In 12hrs time, I'll use the most recent one you've sent me.

Gabriel74: Sorry but I'm gonna need another day to total up the scores.
HDCrash said:
-Crash
You know what I have to say. I don't care if you think it is bs. I don't care at all.

WHen This came up before the start of the MFO, I said I didn't have a strong opinion either way. The ONLY strong opinions stated over approximately four pages of posts was that they should be halved. NO ONE gave a strong opinion that they thought they should stay double. I halved it, because as others have said if it is consistent, then why should you care.

For the record, this hosed my score, guess what it was the rules so I don't much care.

I appreciate that almost all of you are not upset by this, even if it did affect your score.

For you HD, next time I run a MFO, if you can't handle the rules, stay out. Don't whine about them afterwards.

For basically everyone else, thank you again for a wonderful experience. I will definitely be willing to do this again, it was way fun.
GG Gabriel!

How many results are you still missing. I want to know if those last few qualifiers were enough to put me back on top.
Sunbearie - just reminding you that I sent you two top 5 lists in my final email, so you can use the alternate list (where my score is 11 or so points lower) as that contains the correct top 5 with the half scores. I was feeling pretty confident about my score before, but now it's a bit iffy. Hopefully everyone else lost a dozen points off their top 5 also. :p
kabal said:
Sunbearie - just reminding you that I sent you two top 5 lists in my final email, so you can use the alternate list (where my score is 11 or so points lower) as that contains the correct top 5 with the half scores. I was feeling pretty confident about my score before, but now it's a bit iffy. Hopefully everyone else lost a dozen points off their top 5 also. :p
Your score has been confirmed as the lower one. Its still very competative :) I'm more worried abt the people who haven't sent me their findings yet.
So, I have received results from the following.

ric
boddah_Khan
factory
Grimfeng
Cattleya
Shermo
jjscud
yashugan
corax

I haven't received final updates from the following.

Davemetalhead
Silospen
DontFret
salvo
Aramis_11x
Toppo
Bammy

I know that Dave dropped out, I believe that silospen dropped out. If you are on the non update list and you dropped out, (meaning you found 0 qualifiers) just let me know here. As soon as I recieve all of the updates, or until the time put forward in the rules, I think it was 48 hours after the finish. If I don't receive an update, I will assume a score of zero.

As soon as I recieve the winners lists from the other three judges, I will post final winners.
Gab, i only have 1 person of the top 3 verified, as soon as i get the other two to send me ATMA reports(all ready e-mailed them) i'll get the results to you.. Cryist
Yes, I did drop out of the Superuniques and Pindle.

I didn't do any lvl 85 runs, so no items to send in there. Although i did do (about 100) pindle runs, all I got was a Naj's circlet (which isn't elite), so no items there, either.

I believe the final time given in the rules was tuesday.

I'll email the collectors for the 2 catagories i dropped out of, too, so they know for sure.
i have to tell i'm offline for some days (1 or 2)
i've emaild my findings to cryist, including atma stats
so i hope it's okay

Casper
@ Gabriel: I did one run and nothing dropped, so I have nothing to report :eek:
mad.as.a.meataxe said:
Could someone just explain the thinking behind all this half/double stuff - I'm thoroughly confused (not that it affects my score IIRC). Had someone put it in as double in the first place and now it needs to be halved? I don't have any issue with whatever Gabriel stated were the rules at the start - I'm just curious.
Whilst this subject has already been done to death in my absence, I'll just add that way back last time I hosted it the scores for such items were halved too. The MFO is about rarity of items, and this is a thorny issue with some of these - they are distinctly different items, yet are equally rare. With Tyrael's/Stormlash etc. it's easy to make a judgement as one is much rarer than the other. The Mighty Sceptres are equally commonplace, however.

It's essentially down to a judgement call, and the majority of people seemed to support the half-score policy on those items. (And yes, I stand by it, even though it could potentially increase my score to go the other way ;) )

Again, it can be discussed more next time. After all, each MFO has its own rules...

As to the formalities: I'd favour posting a list of finds independently because I'm itching to ID all the UnID stuff I've got laying around, but I'll await formal permission to do so. (I haven't emailed ATMA dumps of my top five to cryist because I was anticipating being able to post them for the winners to choose from if desired - after all, I'm only in the top 3 if all the victors have catastrophic hardware failures...)
The following competitors owe me the final results IN A PROPER MANNER:

ron
Farting Bob
Tweety
salvo
factory
Shermo
grogs
Masas

By proper manner, I mean:

item 1 - points
item 2 - points
item 3 - points
item 4 - points
item 5 - points

total - points

Then the ATMA readouts of the 5 items

It is not that hard, but I've been stuggling all week to add results for you lazy kids who won't do the math, or searching my mail history to discover who the hell you are.

But today I got the worst update ever. The competitor just sent me a full dump of an ATMA stash, containing 23 items. The first one is a Moonfall, which is not even an elite.

So now, for the people above, if you even forget the brackets around your name, I will disregard the mail entirely. Patience has a limit.

Hay Gab, till when can I receive those results?

Edit - OK, now that i fumed out and chilled, and re-read the mail that pissed me off, I found the results in the middle of a stream of ATMA readouts. So it's not nearly as bad as I said, only disorganized, but the adding is done fine. Therefore I owe him an apology; sorry, dude!

And, what the heck, you can forget the brackets if you want!
Ric, Though I would like to say earlier, the original rules said everyone had til Tuesday.

I would like to remind everyone, however, that the quicker you get your info in to us, the quicker we can name winners and put up what people found etc.

I am still waiting for updates from the following.

DontFret
salvo

As soon as I get updates, or an I dropped out post, my category can get finished. It looks like Ric needs quite a few more. Out of courtesy to those who are patiently awaiting results, please try to get your updates in quickly. Thanks.
From what I saw in the trading forum, someone said that salvo is having connection problems, please take note.
ricrestoni said:
The following competitors owe me the final results IN A PROPER MANNER:

Masas

It is not that hard, but I've been stuggling all week to add results for you lazy kids who won't do the math, or searching my mail history to discover who the hell you are.

But today I got the worst update ever. The competitor just sent me a full dump of an ATMA stash, containing 23 items. The first one is a Moonfall, which is not even an elite.

So now, for the people above, if you even forget the brackets around your name, I will disregard the mail entirely. Patience has a limit.

Hay Gab, till when can I receive those results?

Edit - OK, now that i fumed out and chilled, and re-read the mail that pissed me off, I found the results in the middle of a stream of ATMA readouts. So it's not nearly as bad as I said, only disorganized, but the adding is done fine. Therefore I owe him an apology; sorry, dude!

And, what the heck, you can forget the brackets if you want!
Lol @ myself :lol: . I'm that nublet. I'll send a normal update right now to you, and cryist, who probably received an email in made the same manner. Peace 👏
Sent in my part to gab, so anny time now you, i hope, gab will post the winners..Thanks to every one that particapted in the MFO, and getting their top 5 items to me..Cryist
Well in the light of Gabriel's statements of saying that I cant take the rules..(seeing how I won the dam Meph catagory even w/o the halfed score)
all I was sayin is that your train of thought was out of place on this. My argument was that once you find an item isnt not considered Elite anymore?? If you were not so closed minded you would have seen that. I didnt think I had to sink to a 3rd grade lvl of comphention to explain this to you, evidently I was wrong. Next time before you get your panties in an uproar try and think about the other persons point of view.
Oh and Gab...FU-Q and I mean that
jsut to be an ass heres my scores from the MFO

Mephisto

Stormlash - {qlvl 86} 237.1
Warshrike - {qlvl 83} 39.6
The Redeemer - {qlvl 80} 17.3
The Redeemer - {qlvl 80} 17.3
Sazabi's Ghost Liberator - {qlvl 34} 23.0

Total = 334.3

You think I am really whinning about 9 points????
get off your high horse.
Come on Buddy... Give it up! I think it is you who is not understanding the reason for the halved scores. Your comment on "find an item isnt not considered Elite anymore" doesn't make sense. The item is still getting counted due to it's rarity/worth, but the score is halved to cope for the fact that they're are two of them. And don't comment about "3 year olds", you're acting like one. Post reported. Have a nice day.
HDCrash said:
Well in the light of Gabriel's statements of saying that I cant take the rules
Geez chill out man - we're all supposed to be friends here! I think you'll find that what he said was if you don't like the rules don't join in. He also mentioned that there was ample opportunity to make submissions before the MFO started on the subject and nobody did so commenting after the fact is a bit late. Seriously, it's a game and we're all here to have fun so just take a step back and take a deep breath. The last thing you want is for the future thread to be MFO: It's Time (Unless You're HDC).

HDCrash said:
Oh and Gab...FU-Q and I mean that
Chill out man, you are not the only one to have some items scores halfed, in fact every one in the meph category that found a redeemer or a heavean's light got that item score halfed, and it would be a shame if you got Banned for circumventing the word filter. Cryist
HDCrash said:
Yes they have the same name.... but are 2 items and should be counted as such. Not halfed because you have 2 of them. A top item is still a top item. If you were going this route you should have said that you can only count "ONE" of every set/unique that dropped. Lets face it .. if you half it.. its not worth much, chances are that you have something lower on the scale that would be worth more than your halved item. By that logic, Once you aquire a second copy of an item its not elite anymore????
-Crash
I didn't take part in the MFO, but to try to avoid further swearing and arguments I'll do what no-one else seemed to have. You're thinking the ruling that was stated means something that it does not!

The points of those items were not halved if you had two of them, they were halved because there are both the Redeemers and Heaven's Light. If you had two redeemers you would get 2x the points of one redeemer.

SO using your example, if someone got 5 stormlashes in the meph category their score would be:
Total Score: 1185.5

[highlight]NOT how your post seems to think[/highlight]
Stormlash - {qlvl 86} 118.55
Stormlash - {qlvl 86} 59.275
Stormlash - {qlvl 86} 29.6375
Stormlash - {qlvl 86} 14.81875
Total Score: 459.38125

I hope this clears it up for you... because when I'm trolling the forums I don't enjoy seeing huge fights erupt over problems that really don't exist.
From what i understood, Bull(R), HDCrash was comparing finding 2 of the same elite items to finding an elite unique item which has the same base item as another elite unique.

I thought his viewpoint was that it was unfair to halve the scores where you found a unique with the same base item as another unique, but not halve the score of a unique when you find a second one.

Of course, i may be wrong, there's a lot of punctuation to wade through.

But he knew the rules when it started. And he seems to be getting very annoyed for someone who isn't "really whinning about 9 points????".
Gabriel74 said:
For you HD, next time I run a MFO, if you can't handle the rules, stay out. Don't whine about them afterwards.
( his was a VERY agressive statement towards me , and unwarrented, hence my responce)

I never whinned about the rules, I did miss the oppertunity to dispute this rule tho, and that was my fault. What my post said refering to this was nothing more than my opinion and now your telling me that I cant vioce my opinion? And beyond that, is that my opinion is wrong because it is differant than that of the others.
The rules are what they are and I have no problem with that. What I was sayin is that this rule should have been re-thought.
Boddah_khan said:
Your comment on "find an item isnt not considered Elite anymore" doesn't make sense.
Allow me to explain this to you then. The way I had understood the rules prior to readin thought the post is that you got full points for the 1st time you found 1 of these items, so by my mis-quote you have up there should have been " if you found 2 of the same item, the 2nd wouldnt be as rare as the first", hence the halved points.
I was under the impression that the links that FB posted in the 1st page of this thread were acurate. If they were not then something should have been done to correct this.

For Bull(R)
it was jsut an example but let me explain it. From what I have read now, and from Cryist postin my "NEW" score, it seems to me that the score sheets were incorrect to begin with. I will admit that I did mis understand this all together. The way I understood this is that if you found 1 of the "said" items that you would get full points for it and then for everyone after that would get halfed. Not that the scores of those "said" items were going to get halfed to begin with. Hence my new score of 316 not 334 so by that my Redeamers got halfed to begin with. Counting BOTH of them as 8.65 points not 17.3.

JUST TO CLEAR ALL OF THIS UP.............. I follow the rules, I still have the right not to agree with them. DO NOT TALK DOWN TO ME BECAUSE I CHOOSE NOT TO AGREE WITH YOU ALL. It is my choice, everyone else is gettin in a twist because I said I dont agree with them.

And yes Silo had gotten what I was tryin to say,( reguardless of my spelling)

I never ment to start an argue ment over any of this. It jsut did not make sence to me.
Wel im going to stay out of the flames / heavy debating. Its effected me in a past MFO, but i lived with it.
@ric - i sort of gave up on baal runs to cncentrate on pindle (not as much time as i expected so had to drop 1 category) so you can forget about me. I did about 10 runs and got 2 qualifiers but i think ym total points would be in single figures, so not much chance of winning...
I dont care anymore,
Not worht the time to argue it.
Enjoy.
Right, lets all step over this issue(it looks well stepped on) and move on. All debates like this should be done before the MFO which we did. HDcrash, just wait a mth or two when the next MFO comes then :)

Gab: I've emailed you the rankings already. It was fairly close, esp with the 1/2pts system affecting 2 of the top 3 people. I'm sorry if any of you felt rushed :) I was focusing on those who didn't send in anything in the first place so I know if they're taking part.
Well I will do as FB and stay out of the flaming.

Only wanted to give Gab and the other organisers a big thanks of making this possible you are great guys 👍

DX
Any chance of getting some preliminary standings? I'm interested to see how everyone did. Eventhough I'm sure that I did not make the top 3.

I would have changed the score sheets, but I didn't see the change to half points for those items. Sorry.

Anyhow, I said it before and I'll say it again. Thanks Gabiel a crew for getting this thing up and running. I really needed a MFO fix.
HDCrash said:
I have to say Bs on this ruling.....
-Crash
My post was in response to this. If you think I was agressive, then well, you are silly.

Like I said before, I went with the consensus, frankly I don't think its that important of a rule.

And let me just say, if I run a MFO again, you are banned. You think you can talk to me like that, fine. But I don't have to take it. I won't stoop to your name calling, I just won't put myself in the position to be in conflict with you again.

For your info the banning is not so much for your little rant as it is for posting your scores before the end. That was beyond childish, it was against the specific rules of the MFO. Personally I think you should be permanantly banned from any MFO, but individual organizers can do as they wish.

Your maturity leaves much to be desired.

On a more important note. Sunbearie and Cryist have sent me there final tallies. As soon as I recieve Rics and two more updates for the lvl 85 areas, I will post the winners. I understand that salvo is unable to get online, if anyone can get ahold of him, try, if not I will have to wait until Tuesday officially before I will be forced to pass him up.
Let me start out by saying thank you to all that reported this thread. I'm glad to see that you didn't allow this thread to degenerate into an argument or a flamewar.

Secondly, [highlight]I fully support Gabriel74's decision to ban HDCrash from the MFO[/highlight]. To show my support, here is a ban from RPGForums.net, as well, for flaming and bypassing the word filters.

This type of abuse will not be tolerated from any member of the SPF.
Just so you know, I really don't see the point of halving the points from The Redeemer/etc. We are looking at individual uniques, not just the fact that an item is unique. A Heaven't Light is twice as rare as a unique Mighty Scepter, just like a Stormlash is seven times as rare as a Horizon's Tornado.

It affected me, for my single Redeemer found (lousy stats too.), but I wouldn't have won anyway. Meph only gave exp, and crappy items. If only I could kill him for that... wait, I already did a thousand times. :grrr:

Now that HDCrash crashed out of the MFO, who is the winner?
I feel quite disappointed about how this MFO ends with bans. It was great fun and all rules were stated before it started. Why argue? ANY set of rules could be used and everybody decided to join (or not to join) based on that. I even would think a rule reducing the stormlash points in the Meph category substantially just to eliminate the possibility to win with just that one single item would make sense... the other categories don't have such an uber item giving almost thrice the points the second ranked item has.
Hello all, i can't understand well about what happened since my limited english prevent me from.

now my problem is that my internet connection is having big trouble and i'll wont be able to do anything till sunday (i'm having vacation with my family).

i didn't found much items so i believe my absence wont affect anything.

i'll send my founds later on sunday, thankyou.

-sal
Cormallon said:
I even would think a rule reducing the stormlash points in the Meph category substantially just to eliminate the possibility to win with just that one single item would make sense... the other categories don't have such an uber item giving almost thrice the points the second ranked item has.
I disagree. Tyrael's Might in the Baal and Lvl85 areas is even worse than Stormlash in the Meph catagory. They really are that rare and if someone finds them, he/she/it deserves to gain that many points.
RTB said:
I disagree. Tyrael's Might in the Baal and Lvl85 areas is even worse than Stormlash in the Meph catagory. They really are that rare and if someone finds them, he/she/it deserves to gain that many points.
I won't argue about this. I just wanted to say that rules are rules how odd they may be.
I'd like to ignore the nonsense that's been going on as its now resolved
and instead say thank you to Gabriel and the area scorekeepers for the work they've put in.

and for those who havent put in their scores... doo it *shakes fist*
Sorry for being tardy. I emailed my findings to Ric last night.

Good luck all.
OK, i decided, to speed things up, give FB a 0 (tho his result should NOT be 0) and Shermo a "non-top-3 condition", so he's got no result until sunday, but he hasn't won the thing. If the winner choose to wait till sunday to claim prizes, so they know what he found, it's a perfectly acceptable option.

Now only grogs to go, and i didn't hear of him all week. I will PM him, and later today, if I don't get his results, he WOes.

Gabriel, I have the scores andd the items but not the readouts of every competitor. I intended to demand readouts for winners, and all others for them just to speed prize claiming. I though I would handle prize claiming as well, but if you want to take it over from there, feel free.

And man, what flame bug bit HDCrash?

*hands a goodbye beer for HDC and an ice cold coke for Gabriel*
Hey Ric. As soon as you see this, if you could send me your final standings so I can post. It is tuesday, the rules said send your final by tuesday, so anyone you haven't heard from is SOL. Thanks for all your help.

As soon as I get a response from Ric, I will post winners. Thanks everyone for the patience, there were a lot of people in this contest, and the more competitors, the longer it takes.

Gab you have an e-mail from me.
ricrestoni said:
OK, i decided, to speed things up, give FB a 0 (tho his result should NOT be 0) and Shermo a "non-top-3 condition", so he's got no result until sunday, but he hasn't won the thing. If the winner choose to wait till sunday to claim prizes, so they know what he found, it's a perfectly acceptable option.

Now only grogs to go, and i didn't hear of him all week. I will PM him, and later today, if I don't get his results, he WOes.

Gabriel, I have the scores andd the items but not the readouts of every competitor. I intended to demand readouts for winners, and all others for them just to speed prize claiming. I though I would handle prize claiming as well, but if you want to take it over from there, feel free.

And man, what flame bug bit HDCrash?

*hands a goodbye beer for HDC and an ice cold coke for Gabriel*
I sent through my results yesterday I think :scratch:

Nevermind since I didn't finish in the top 3 anyway. How do we do the prize allocation? Can The winners chose from any of my qualifiers? or just the top 5? I'm away from my pc for 2 weeks, but I don't mind giving up everything I found after that.
Previously it has been only from the top5. I'm fairly certain that is the way it is this time. Although gabriel will have the final word on that.
shermo said:
I think he was thinking of Salvo.

-Cat
It is just top five.

And still just waiting for the Baal final standings and then winners will be posted.
Arrgh! Can't wait any longer, the suspense is killing me! Anyways, I would once again like to thank Gabriel as the organizer, and each of the area leaders for the work they put into this. It's been fun, and a great experience. Cheers!
I agree on both points! Thanks to all the organizers and good luck everyone!
shermo said:

Nevermind since I didn't finish in the top 3 anyway. How do we do the prize allocation? Can The winners chose from any of my qualifiers? or just the top 5? I'm away from my pc for 2 weeks, but I don't mind giving up everything I found after that.
Since some of you literally have hundreds of qualifers, I don't think its practical for the winners to check all the list of stuff found.
If you're in a giving mood, might i recommend the giveaway thread for noobies :)
Results sent to Gabriel.

Sorry shermo, I meant Salvo! :)
*drum rolls* come on.. your killing us here gab!
I've been out of town for the last two days and all this drama...

sunbearie - you said a few pages back that you didn't get a final from me. I sent it in on Sunday, but I forgot to do the ATMA dump. I know its a bit late but if you need it, I can send/resend it tonight. I probably won't get me into the top 3, but it would affect the items that the winners can choose from.

And like everyone else - where are the final results?
sunbearie said:
Since some of you literally have hundreds of qualifers, I don't think its practical for the winners to check all the list of stuff found.
If you're in a giving mood, might i recommend the giveaway thread for noobies :)
Why thank you Sunbearie.
To all in here: if you feel like giving a bit from all the stuff you've collected in the MFO, here's the place for you :)
Thanks again, and sorry for this little disruption.

-riz

Diablo 4 Interactive Map
PurePremium
Estimated market value
Low
High