Meleemancer Guide - Preliminary version

The build I was thinking of was something like this though : /
I'll prolly start it out once I finish off my Druid here

Guilliumes 'shael'
Azurewrath 'shael'/Stormshield 'Um' ::cta/spritit switch
Treachery (45%oias to bump fpa a couple, lvl15 venom&fade:+15% dr= 50% dr:laugh: )
IK Gloves & Belt (+25%oias, much needed strength and resists, +50%ar)
Gore Riders
anghellic ammy-ring, ravenfrost
stash: ATorch, anni, ~3ps&boneGC, Ar/lifers, couple fhr

I think this would give the perfect balance of offense and defense especially having lvl 21 sanctuary at my side:grin: , and mixing in some nice magic/elemental damage as well as some nice 50% crushing blow.

From years of experimenting with Hunger bear builds, I'm not gonna get into elemental stacking with charms, etc, in hell... it just gets nerfed and does very little so I wanna focus on the things that work like attack speed, some magic damage, and crushing blow.

.... oh yeah, I'M THE MAN! And if someone wants to go ahead and copy this down, I won't blame ya', you don't have to thank me:thumbsup:

So... until level 85, what's your alternate weapon?

Also, unless you have a BA Merc, your AR is around... 2.5k, less if gear is below average (2k), more if gear is near perfect (3k), assuming clvl 85 with enough Dex for max block. You won't be hitting anything unless you take a BA Merc.

However, where's the meat and potatoes? I see no item choices or selection added and I find a lot of the information very broad.

That is where we differ in opinion. I find gear choices to be the least important part of a build. If you can figure out how the build is supposed to work you should be able to select gear to capitalize on strengths and make up for weaknesses.
That being said I have to confess that I just never got around to updating this guide. I was pretty far along with a good selection of gear and then my time was taken up by other pursuits. It is about time that the entire guide got a great overhaul.

IK maul is far too much strength... 225? You'll have no life or dexterity at all, that shouldn't even be regarded as a possibility especially with the fragileness of necros.

Both me and at least three other people here on the forum have used IK as a main weapon. It can be done. I won't pretend it is the safest way, or the quickest, but it can be viable.

That is where we differ in opinion. I find gear choices to be the least important part of a build. If you can figure out how the build is supposed to work you should be able to select gear to capitalize on strengths and make up for weaknesses.
That being said I have to confess that I just never got around to updating this guide. I was pretty far along with a good selection of gear and then my time was taken up by other pursuits. It is about time that the entire guide got a great overhaul.

Both me and at least three other people here on the forum have used IK as a main weapon. It can be done. I won't pretend it is the safest way, or the quickest, but it can be viable.

Fair enough. :wink3:
I just thought it was sorta weird when I finished all the way through... and realized absolutely 0 gear choices were mentioned, but I understand what you're saying. np

Also, unless you have a BA Merc, your AR is around... 2.5k, less if gear is below average (2k), more if gear is near perfect (3k), assuming clvl 85 with enough Dex for max block. You won't be hitting anything unless you take a BA Merc.

If you read the guide too you'll notice he mentioned ps-dagger trick:thumbsup: . Poison as well as all elemental added damage is pretty horrid in hell, so I'll prolly just put ~10-20 points into dagger alone just for AR bonus, go Dim vision and a few in Decrep. From there 1 point revive, few in golem, rest in bone armor. I'll also use Fleshrender for Enchant, it lasts a good 5 min or so >.< Every little bit helps, which is why I'm going treachery for added ~350 damage venom, it'll also help me hit a faster fpa ;) I put a lot of thought into it and I think the setup I have is pretty good but I'll have to find out for sure

What will I do till lvl 85 till azure wrath? Absolutely not much. I'll use a 3xshael Aldurs at 42 but honestly... not a ton. I'll decrep + attract minions and prison in games when I need to help out, but I'm not expecting to save the world :D. Honestly, I don't think this build is one of those Untwinked sorta builds, not to be mean, I just don't think it survives in the "untwinked world"--it's sorta an all or nothing, either you build it perfect so it's at least sorta viable or you're just gonna get slaughtered and that's never fun :[. Unlike... say, a Fireclaw Bear where you can rely on heavy hitting synergies and just "twink" 'em as you go along, with shockwave for survivability... this build is PREDOMINANTLY like 99% item demanding to work. Yeah, curses and descent bone armor help here and there, but it's an ALL or NOTHING kind of build because of the nature of it, deffinitely not for first timer Lil' Billy who just reads the guide and decides to take it up >.<

Re: Meleemancer Guide - Preliminary version

Awesome guide Mantis, which was made such a long time ago. I have an idea.

What if you max poison dagger and poison explosion, and then equip 2 carrion winds and andariel's visage? Lot's of leech, some ias, +skills, way too much poison res and most importantly: Chance to cast poison nova when struck. Not as a main killer, but when you're swarmed by lots of enemies you can keep the whole surrounding poisoned and over time deal quite much damage. Those twisters will also stun the enemy.

That's my main idea. Could also a guardian naga and radamenths sphere for some more pnova action, or maxing pnova and have a viperfork on switch as a variation of ce.

Maybe the last suggestions weren't that good, but carrion winds and andys visage?

Man, I need to stop playing so much TF2 and finish this things.

What if you max poison dagger and poison explosion, and then equip 2 carrion winds and andariel's visage?

A very nice idea and something that would be worth testing. Grabbing yourself a decent physical damage dagger and using PDagger would make the most of the AR bonus and made sure the lack of Angelics is much less noticeable. If I had the items I would certainly try.

I'm currently (with patch 1.12) experiencing the melee necro, namely the version with BA + DV + decrepify and no minions.
My aim in skills are 18 DV, 3 decrep (I can land around 7 hits without any incrised speed before the need of casting it again, so I can live with the low duration)
I'm currently in nightmare difficulty, deep in Act 3, hardcore mode.

I'm writing here as I started to find this character to be my liking not like any sorceress or paladin, even a summoner. This seems to be the character fitting me.

So on to topic: a lot of posts is about equpiment-recommendation. I put here my experiences in brief. I tell you I'm playing in single, and I'm finding equipments entirely by myself, so this will reflect my suggestions.

- I found the worst nightmare of this build being Duriel on normal difficulty. The giant bug had so hugh cold damage I could barely stand - and I got maximum resists thanx to an ancient's pledge shield.
- I use an Act2 Blessed Aim merc to help on my AR, so I currently still have very little dexterity (around 50) but have adequate hit chance (80-90%). This also reflects my opinion as I've found the bone armor eliminates any hit recovery a character would suffer, so only block-animation stands in the way of casting (curses or bone armor), so I suggest against max.block (with this build I mostly face with single targets, no mobs). Use the dex stat only for AR purpose I'd say.
- For the equipped weapons I suggest a two-handed and a one-handed + shield combo. I just found this option a more reliable way towards survival then a secondary skill-giving equipment (like BO or +bone armor equipments). For this reason and because the relatively low life of this character I made a safety shield (I've run into some multishot/extrafast greater mummies).
- another useless attribute on any equipment is physical damage redcution. According to the Arreat Summit your bone armor comes first, so the dmg reduction just never comes into play. I checked this with an amulet giving "dmg reduced by 23" and my bone armor didn't lasted longer, so this info seems correct.
- on normal difficulty I soon found hawkmail. I found the cbf an awesome and must-have attribute as this character has only 1 weapon with "very fast" base speed (a dagger-class weapn). Chilling effect would be too hugh drawback against some champion archer horde. Ravenfrost (if you can aquire) or Duriel's shell seems better then any other solution for this problem.
- For normal difficulty "the Chieftain" unique 2-handed axe seems to be your best bet. It has good damage, eliminates the shield-need by giving resistances, and let's you curse for near unlimited time with the 6 mana after each kill (you curse and kill fetishes and imps with it while your merc disposes the hugh monsters).
- The cheap, but workable solution for normal is the "steel" runeword. If you like to take the risk you could go for "malice".
- This build IS equipment-dependant. So you really have to upgrade your staff (especially your weapons) regularly. No melee necro should consider making nightmare without exceptional weapons.
- On nightmare is the first place I started to encounter AR-problems. Currently I use +100 AR magic rings (I did not found any allresist+ rare ring yet, but for nightmare this seems to work) and with them I have no problem.
- Weapons:
I thought in runewords and self-finding, and mostly until nightmare difficulty. I mention this again to prevent too much criticising.
Black caught me first, but I didn't like the knockback on it. Insight seemed to be the two-handed way for nightmare (I use a .txt mod that has only 1 function: to activate ladder only runewords in single player), but I try to preserve my statpoints as long as I can and I didn't encountered too much difficulty in my current equipments, so I don't use a scythe yet.
What I mostly considered for 1-handed weaponry are two runewords (again for nightmare): holy thunder and honor. HT has a lot of elemental damage on it, honor has lifeleech. As on nightmare a lot of bosses started to have elemental damage-particle (from X-element enchant or spectral hit) a minor life-leech seems a good idea, so I went for honor currently. I put it into a naga (best damaging weapon with fast speed from the exceptionals).
About uniques:
Almost no adequate unique is for our disposal if you don't have a gul rune to put it into an itd weapon or you have a source to elite uniques. At the beggining of nightmare an upped Rakescar seems to work, but it'll start to be to little in Act3. Bloodrise is also an option (gives 50% AR). The Grimm's burning dead seems to be THE weapon until a heluva lot of time (this piece was what inspired me to try to go with this type of character).
But you'd change it for an obedience. It goes into scythes (the fast speeded polearms for a necro), and seems to be the older twin of the Grim's burning dead (with more resists, more damage and 40% Crushing blow. Also can be glitched up, so not that high will be the requirements too).

There is another alternative to get access to a good weapon: rares. A rare with a decent %ed, +AR, lifeleech, elemental damage can be as good as anything.

- other equipments (still not keeping in mind any elite equipment):
The guide at the beggining can be followed: go for rares. It's like in the old 1.08 times when rares ruled D2 with this character :)
But some I still mention:
- good resists can come from Nightsmoke belt, Rockstopper, Duskdeep, Kira's guardian helms, and as for runewords smoke armor (if you have something else then Duriel's for cbf), sanctuary shield (if you go for shields), safety shield (magic resist helps against greater mumies like Radament and oblivion knights like Lord de Seis)
- blood crafted gloves, Goblintoe/Gore rider/War traveller boots, Biggin's bonnet helm seems to be good source of damage
- eth or gul rune can help you out if you lack AR, but have a nice rare/set/unique weapon

What equipment I'd advise against:
I just don't like moving enemies (hance dim vision), so any knockback/makes target flee I avoid.
Lawbringer seems also be a nice runeword, but I experienced it once, and there are two reasons to stay away from it: a) too low enchanced damage modifier b) it pushes undeads away as a form of undead-controll - but with that it forms hugh mobs like a great missused attract.

Other things:
- I met with a PI insect boss (that thing what made from a cloud of flies or what) on nnoghtmare. Not even amplified damage took away the PI, so I just turned to my last-case bone spear (reuirement for bone prison)
- if you put at least 7 point into bone prison (bone armor synergie) it already worth more even counting in the prerequesits, so go for this instead of bone armor.
- Some resurrecting champion horde can go on your nerves. Against them you just _have to_ eliminate corpses. Wow, you have corpse explosion as a prerequesit! Sadly it costs too much mana and I got afraid of the noise 'cause of Nihlatak, so I instead put 1 point into rise skeleton. In normal Act5 it still lasted until 2-3 hits, so i don't mind this extra diversion.
- The joke is, Nihlatak doesn't much of a threat for this character (one thing this build finaly excells over others), thanks to bone armor, life and the resistances fire enchanted monsters seem to do almost no damage :)
- Immortal King's weapon: I'd bet it is already fast even for a necro, so into one of the sockets a Hel rune can go if you don't have the stats (18X str will be enough to wield it then). Even my singleplayer barbarian used that trick.
- For runs I suggest Thread of cthon (or Vidala's boots or Waterwalk). Necro has low stamina, so he needs everything he can aquire. Better then stamina potions.

If I'll have any experience specificely for Hel difficulty I'll mention that here, as that's the part I'm missing from M.Mantis' guide.

Last edited:

Thanks for adding a lot of personal experience. I never really got around to updating this.

I admire your guide, it shows you actually played the build and not just estimating things (there are 2 other guides out there for "meleemaners", but one was more a bonespear necro (Elric, the Melnibone) and the other thought on meleeing like a supportive thing for normal builds (it is on gamefaqs.com)).

Also I do not really mind you never added an item section as for this build rares seem to work just as well (a refreshing thought), and even just for your/my build there should be 3 different type of equipmentlists based on either ravenfrost/kira's guardian/duriel's shell, and I'd bet they could go focus on damage or AR, 11 or two handed, supportive or secondary equipments, so not really worth the time.

I think Duriel's is for the cheap self-finding part (I'd say good to see a necro going on MF runs finallly) by the way.

And to get a good amulett (until you find something really threatening) try out the prismatic amulett recipe in the Horadric Cube. I got a 20 resist all 89 life magic amulett (when it was made it gave me 50% more life!). Other alternative seems to be rares or Seraph/Metalgrid unique amuletts (but they are rare and/or expensive).

I looked thorugh Arreat Summit elite equipments in mind, and IF I could get access to ALL equipments, then these would be my preferance:

helm: veil of steel / circlet with +% dmg, +AR etc. (depends on equipment)
armor: Tyrael's might (slain monster rip, cbf, allresist, stats - everything this build would need!)
amulett: seraph/metalgrid (depends on equipment and personal prefernace)
ring: 2 dwarf star or rares with lifeleech, resist, life etc. (depends on equpiment)
gloves: blood crafted
boots: gore rider / goblintoe (depends on personal prefernace)
belt: credendum (set belt)
weapon: the grandfather (with shael) / doombringer / baranar's star / stormlash / more unique hammers, or just stick with runewords you'd like (just keep in mind when chosing your weapon to be able to deal out some elemental damage in case amplify damage is not enough, a decent %ed is a must-have, you want to curse by yourself, and that you need to hit the opponent finaly)
shield: a safety shield to make your life easy against magical attacks, or sanctuary runeword

Well, this is my opinion about a non-daggerwielding meleemancer.

With a Blessed Aim merc and the appropriate weapon I don't think so (yet not info on Hell difficulty).

Currently (at the very end of Nightmare difficulty) aside from my weapon (honor runeword, +250 AR) I have very little AR-bonus. (namely 8 dex on gloves, 101 AR on a ring, 15 AR on shield, around 200 AR from charms)

I even droped a +120 AR ring for a dwarf star (I got lucky) and only lost 2% hit chance.

My hit-chance is at 80-85%, and my stats are horrible (58 dex with equipment, has 139 statpoints left).

Other info:
I found an Impaler, and tried it out. The itd mod helps until the mercenary activates its aura.
The other use is, that with this finally even bigger-sized monsters can be hit withouth the chance they'd reach me too. With a naga (range 3 weapon, highest range for a 1handed weapon) an abomination still could hit me, but with this it can not. Especially useful when you meet snakes at Nihlatak.

What dim vision can not do:
appart from thing no curse can effect (buildings, water-snakes) and the bosses/champions, Dim Vision does not take away the abominations' (all version in Act 5) stun effect (although it blinds them), and it also do not work on the last group of Baal's minions nor on any defiler (those flying blobs puting glowing worms into monsters).

Last edited:

I lookd on the runewrods searching for weapons with physical resistances in mind, and I found 3 what seemed interresting:
- obedience
- rift
- passion

Last edited:

Im so lured into this build idea. It seems everyone has been trying it out without using some really good gear. After trying out my paladin/healer, a necromancer might be able to pull it off also considering my pally was a melee fighter yet he wore nothing but mage gear and having only might from his merc to boost his damage and a petty +50ed% from zeal.

Being a necromancer, they have far superior controlling skills compared an assassin. A curse to handle EVERY situation you come across unlike every other class.

I pretty much have every legit gear available to me so I don't have to worry about that problem.

Weapon Choice

I was thinking either a 1-handed Ebotdz, or Griefpb. My Ebotdz sadly, is only 353%, but it still does more damage than grief. But I don't know if grief would greatly out speed ebotd and out do it's damage with stacked DS.

While starting out your new necro, using Civerb's Cudgel/Cleglaws is ideal till you become 18-30 if you have some sick rare gladius or something till the nice unique weapons show up like Butcher's, Headstriker, Fleshrender, Ribcracker.

Shield

I don't know, but does blocking also block your bone armor from being reduced?

%DR is applied after bone armor, but using stormshield would still be nice.
Homo: not particulary a melee shield but it still has increased blocking and block rate along with resists and a handy +4 to curses which will be a staple of a meleemancer's arsenal.
Whitstan's Guard: With it's mad 87% chance to block(which isn't shown), it'll allow you to obtain 75% block very easy and it has a faster block rate which can't be matched.
Moser's: Nice mid level shield after your done baaling in norm with sigons or w/e.

Helmet

G-Face: Prolly the best choice since it's hard to come by alot of CB. Plus mass stacked DS doubles your damage.
Peasant/Vgaze/Rockstopper: Nice midlevel helms to see you through NM.
Maybe a 30/80 giant skull. Nice chunk of damage and KB isn't so annoying unless your using a rapid attack skill like zeal/double swing/jab.

Boots

Treks, Gores, Waterwalks, something.

Gloves

Since your the almighty necromancer, you don't have need of those stupid dracs. But it does have a few other mods that are nice as well.
Laying of Hands: Everything you could love for dealing with Diablo or most other situations with demons involved.
Lavagouts: Proly scratch that out, it'll take forever to get enchant to kick in.
Trangs: Don't add a single use cept for FCR if your dependent on casting curses and bone armor as quickly as possible.

Belts

Arach: Good for FCR but not a whole lot else.
Dungos: Nice life boost and some FHR.
String of Ears: Has better mods than dungos IMO. Extra lifeleech for those who hate depending on life tap. And xMDR which is nice along with max resists for decreasing your weakness towards elemental damage.
Tgods: Perfect for LE, beetles, diablo some, and souls. But not useful for everything else.

Armor

Hmmm, which O which of the big 3?

Fort: The mother of all melee fighter armor. Plus it has that 25% FCR that a meleemancer will most likely need. 300% ED will greatly boost your grief/EBotd's damage. It's only a problem when your not reaching max resists, or you want more mobility. All in all, it's very perfect for this build because he'll make use of all it's mods.

Nigma: The king of speed. It gives you unmatched mobility and a massive STR boost for gear. Very nice if you already do nice damage and have max resists. Plus it's the only optional way if you want to get around with revives if you use.

Coh: For the more gear-challenged person. If you already got it, you don't need it. A massive resists boost(if you need it), leeching(if your worried about it), a boost to demons so it still rivals fort vs bosses/demons, +skills(though this isn't a very +skill dependent build unless your a summon hybrid)

Which???????????? I dunno, I haven't tried this guy out yet >_<

Mid level armor: Spirit Shroud, Vipermagi, lots to choose from.

Amulet/Rings

Without a BA merc, you'll most likely need the angelics/Rfrost combo.

With BA

Maras: Not a very nice melee ammy, but helps.
Highlords: IAS, +skill, 35% lite(important), and a nice % of DS for that double damage. This would be my preference.
Cat's Eye: Will help with max block and has 30% frw which can be nice.
Metalgrid: I don't have one on NL so I don't know how useful it would be.
Eye of Etlich: perfect low-mid level ammy for this kind of build.

BK: Always a nice ring for a physical build that benefits from +skills quite a bit.
Wisp: Mostly people abuse this ring for pvp, but it only has use for LE monsters and souls in pvm.
Rare: Some rares can turn out more useful than unique rings.
Manald Heal: A must for low levels when your mana bulb runs out fast while casting curses on a regular basis which is always for this build.

Other

Considering how brutal Hell can be, you'd probably want CTA/Lidless in your 2nd switch.

Since skill charms won't make a huge impact for you, you can get away with using res/AR/life/dmg charms unlike every other necromancer perhaps. But I'd still use any summon/curse lifers I got.

Merc(BA or Might)

Start: Just w/e armor you can scrap, and a sick rare pike or something. Cow runs in norm often drop such stuff he'll need.
Mid: Hone Sundan, Spire of Honor would be your best choices unless you find something better. Plenty of armor to choose from.
Final: Ebotd/Edoom polearm
G-face/Tal's mask/Vgaze/Andys/w/e
Fort/Stone/Coh/Treachery(don't like)/Bramble/Gloom

Skills

Im not sure if I should bother maxing bone armor also along with Wall/Prison. You think 190 more damage sorbed would help?

Then the rest in beefing my clay golem up and getting my curses where I want them. Maybe 1 point in revive for those sticky situations in A4-5 or maybe CE.

I was thinking either a 1-handed Ebotdz, or Griefpb. My Ebotdz sadly, is only 353%, but it still does more damage than grief. But I don't know if grief would greatly out speed ebotd and out do it's damage with stacked DS.

I have tried Griefpb(-25% poison resist) with my melee-necro.
As my Grief was with max poison resist, so I tested with Trang gloves, belt and shield for 25% poison boost and -25 poison resist. As 70ias needed for 10fpa, HighLords amu and Shako(ias jool) were used for those slots.

With trangs (+facet in shield) and Grief I had total -55% poison resist.
Venom (poison Damage: 305-325*1.25*1.25) triggered fast enough.

Grief
35% Chance To Cast Level 15 Venom On Striking
Ignore Target's Defense
-25% Target Defense
-20-25% To Enemy Poison Resistance (varies)
Prevent Monster Heal

As ITD doesn't work against champions, I had Fleshipper at switch. With max poison dagger skilland with 2xravens my change to hit was high enough even against Baal.

Both sides worked nicely, no problems with normal or boss monsters.

In areas like Pits etc... with lots of monsters I cheated, I used poison nova as backup (-55 poison resist from items) and 1-point in low resist, even weak nova (~4k) killed nicely. I used Nova too against those IM-cursing knights.
My char was mainly melee char, but I used nova as backup and for leveling purpose.

Im not going to touch the poison skills. And since I can just amp crap whenever I wish, I don't really care about Grief's venom.

Also it might be wise to put 1 point in iron golem for the defense synergy to clay golem.

And again

Does blocking prevent damage to your bone armor? Or do you block and still lose a chunk of it, cause that seems stupid.

Last edited:

Does blocking prevent damage to your bone armor? Or do you block and still lose a chunk of it, cause that seems stupid.

Blocking prevents damage to your BA. IIRC the correct order of damage reduction goes:

- Defense
- Block
- BA
- %Damage Reduction
- Damage Reduction

It first checks to see if you get hit at all. If you do get hit it checks to see if you can block or not. If you do get hit and can't block the attack then the other things kick in.

Just reached 75 and finished NM after hours of enjoyable domination wearing all my desired gear(almost). A crappy fighter, but an awsome supporter. I was still able to 1-hit some things in WSK with my botd/grief/fort. NM was a huge joke so Hell shouldn't be a *nightmare*.

Maxed wall/prison and a few in Cgolem. Got 20 points remaining. I guess a few more will go into golem and dim vision if it's working poorly in hell and 1 in revive and rest in CE maybe.

A real annoying problem I found, is that chilling armor from fort overrides bone armor. While thats super annoying from mass spam of missles, it doesn't matter too much for hard hitters cause some things in hell will take out my armor in 5 hits or w/e anyways. There's really nothing I can do about it cause it adds ALOT more damage than nigma does for me. Im not going to hurt squat in hell doing only 1600 with ebotdz wearing nigma.

Might have to swap edoom for ebotd for my merc. HF with decrypt is AWSOME, but I never get any corpses for CE >_<. My melee fighter needs some sort of edge to keep up with the barbs n stuff.

Say, how useful do you think Bone the runeword would be for this build? 15% chance to cast it when struck. Not much less than 20% from fort's chilling armor, and that kicks in like mad during a tense brawl. Get swarmed by a mob of small things that can't even stop you because your bone armor keeps refreshing itself like mad. And lots of missle attacks activate it too so enemy mages only help you out rather than annoy you from a distance. You keep blocking/sorbing melee monsters attacks while most mages keep you buffed up.

Well, I reached 86 now. One of the most surprisingly dominant oddball builds I ever made. Makes my 30000 defense 75 block healadin look like a sad joke. He rapes anything and everything I came across with really no risk of being put down at all. I only died one time through my countless run throughs in hell, but was only because I was poisoned by a mob of greater mummys in WSK and was too lazy to drink a full juv and my brain must of been somewhere else cause I didn't bother to use life tap either.

I tried out bone runeword, and it really shines on this build. Put on Tgods and bone and your 100% immune to souls, no matter how many of them there are. I sat there laughing at some necro and a few sorcs get obliterated instantly by a wave of them and I didn't even take 1 point of damage. So much better than Nigma/Fort/Coh. I even watched a few nubby paladins and barbs drop dead before my eyes and I didn't break a sweat enduring what they went through.

Put a point in revive and have about 25 skillpoints left. I don't even need revive....

Not including Oblivion Knights(cause they're annoying for any melee build(cept Beserker build)), The only thing that frightens me were the claw vipers that shoot bonespear. That's the Meleemancer's weakness. You can't reduce it's damage, and bone armor don't help, can't block it, your low life means nothing agaisnt everything else but these guys really hurt. I used dim vision and the boss one still tore me up by himself spamming bonespear through my merc/golem.

This guy'll **** the ancients and the minions of destruction in an 8 player game like they were the den of evil.

I swear the game got easier as I jumped difficulties. Norm's the hardest, having to learn everything and start pumping into wall/prison quite later. NM wasn't bad, really wasn't hard, but I was much weaker myself. The gear I had for myself and my merc at the end of normal got me through to NM baal, then I breezed through NM baal runs with my final gear. Then Hell, it was such a sad joke. This build is definently capable of doing the game with cheaper gear. Well, I had pretty cheap end gear, the only costly thing I have are an anni and grief.

An overview

Well, I got plenty of characters that'll struggle often. This guy, he can handle every situation that my other builds struggle at with no problem. Even my other necros will struggle from time to time. Maybe I'll beef up my clay golem's slow% and take on Lilith/Duriel/Izual sometime. I know Duriel and Izual would be easy pickings.

Last edited:
PurePremium
Estimated market value
Low
High