Matriarch/Patriarch/Guardian Archive Thread

Originally posted by TalkingDonkey on Jul 23, 2004:

Matriarch Isis

At a young age Isis was enchanted with fire. As soon as she learned to crawl she'd always gravitate to the hearth if left untended. She would sit there for hours and watch the flames and shadows dance.
At the age of 3 she showed her first inkling of magical ability. She tended to start fires. Little fires at first no more than annoyances. Within a few months she started setting larger fires and her parents began to worry. They consulted the village Elder and he decreed that she must leave and become a member of the order of sorceresses. Being only slightly older than 3, Isis didn't understand why she had to leave or what she did wrong. Her parents were very sad, but this is all they could think to do with her.
In a few weeks a tough old woman who looked more a crone than a sorceress came to pick up Isis. She was scared, and she had every right to be. The training that was before her was tough beyond anything a 3 year old could have conceived.

Her first years with the Sorceresses were tough. They forbid any use of magic, and she had a very hard time controlling her unintentional-intentional fires. In time she learned control and so much more from the sorceresses. She learned about their most important duty, to see the world to safety in times of need. She developed her other magical powers so that in time she could learn all manner of sorceress spells and abilities. Most of all she learned to respect magic and the power that it represents. Without this teaching a sorceress is nothing but a tyrant.
When her basic training was finished in her seventeenth year she was allowed a short leave to visit her parents. She went, but she was more disheartened by the experience than leavened. Her father recognized her not all and her mother only a little. She had 2 younger siblings that knew nothing about her and were not interested in knowing her now. It only served to reconcile her to the fact that her only true family was the one she had in the order.
Once back with the order they started sending her out on small tasks, brush clearing, building demolishing whatever was required of the order. After several years of minor tasks like this she was given her first far away assignment. She was check out the problems that the rogues had been encountering near tristram. Little did she know that this would be the beginning of the greatest quest that the world had ever known.
She arrived at the rogue camp only to discover that things were much worse than they appeared. The powerful guild of rogues had been beaten back from their home in the citadel and needed assistance reclaiming it. Unsure of her ability to handle the task at hand, she stepped out into the wilderness and met hell head on.
Methodical is how you could describe the destruction of all demons in the rogue quarter. With each kill she felt better suited to the task and after a while started developing wild abilities that while she knew they were theoretically possible, she found it unlikely that she would ever wield that power. And now? It was at her fingertips. She was death incarnate. The powers of hell should have wept the day Isis stepped on to the battlefield. For their time was at an end. Andariel learned this lesson soon enough, massive balls of fire engulfed her advance. The steady retreat brought about the end of Andariel. For magic was not the only thing taught at the order, tactics were also a large part of the training.
After Andariel's death it was clear she had to head to Lut Gholein, the answers she was seeking about the problems in the Rogue quarter maybe there. She arrived to find that monsters too were plaguing Lut Gholein and the surrounding desert. Apparently to find what she was looking for she would have to venture out into the desert. Wisely she decided not to go alone and hired a charming mercenary named Azrael. While able, he seemed to get distracted easily. Isis was willing to put up with this, because the mission needs to be completed with the tools at hand. Emphasis on 'tool'.
In the desert was the first time that Isis noticed that she had some aptitude for ice, in every fire or ice sorceress there needs to be something of the other element to balance the elements within their soul. She found she could summons great balls of ice to embed in the flesh of her enemies. She also found that switching between slinging Ice and Fire was a nice rhythm that made her unenviable task just a little bit more bearable.
After finding and finishing off the leader of the Viper temple, she finally had some info on where to look for Tal Rasha's Tomb. Tal Rasha evoked memories of one of her early classes with the order. And of his sacrifice. He was somewhat of a hero the order and Isis hoped that he had not been entirely lost the demon Mephisto.
Having entered Tal Rasha's chamber she shocked to discover a large bug guarding it. In a few seconds, Azrael was down and unconscious. She wasn't surprised. The rest of battle was a tense duel with Isis always staying one foot ahead of Duriel's range. In the end triumphant again, she roused Azrael from his stupor and quickly discovered that her journey now would mean finding and killing all 3 of the prime evils. A task that she was born to do. She didn't know it until that moment. But her time was now.
Next, a quick trip across the sea to Kurast and the jungles. The flayers and gnats proved to be nothing but a small annoyance. Mostly she left them to their business. She had a more pressing date with Mephisto and the council. If you cut off the head the body will fall. The council were very worthy foes. But no manner of beast nor man can stand up to the very heavens raining fire and rock upon them. The durance was accessed and mephisto's throne room was easy to find. Mephisto himself , however, proved a more dedicated foe. Ice, poison and lightning were mephisto's tools. These things Isis knew about and knew how to handle them, but constant dodging and weaving was necessary for Mephisto was a Prime evil. And they just don't hand out that title to anyone. He died like the rest and Isis was ready to find Diablo.
Straight down to hell Isis went after Diablo. And that is where she found him. Hiding in his sanctuary surrounded by an army of the undead. Once his army was gone, Diablo was summoned to the fore by Isis where she could do what that brave tristram warrior could not do, kill diablo. Ice proved to be the key to finishing off Diablo. chilled and constantly in a rage, hell fell and Isis knew that she had one more great foe. Baal.
To Harrograth she went. The highlands were not a problem for her. If the enemies are dead before they ever notice you, where's the problem? There she met all sorts of monsters that she had already seen in her travels. Although they were more powerful, so was she. Her final test before Baal was the ancients. They were tough, and knocked out Azrael almost instantly. Somehow, Isis was not surprised. A constant barrage and steady diet of Frozen Orbs saw madawc and talic go down. She switched to fireballs to finish of Korlic and made the way to Baal open. She teleported to World Stone Keep throne room. She cleared out the succubi ghoul lords and death knights before heading after Baal. He sent 5 waves of minions after her, and she rained meteors on their heads. they fell leaving only Baal to tackle. She halved his life within the first five seconds of the fight. From there it was duck and cover and the occasional meteor from the sky. Her brilliant tactics were successful and Baal was finished. Her mission complete she began her trip back to the order. But she couldn't help thinking, have I peaked? Is it all downhill from here? What is there left for me? Azrael followed, as usual, 30 feet behind.

She was untwinked. Had some luck with drops, most of that luck on one item.

Isis Sorceress lvl. 83
After items
119 str
59 dex
215 vit
175 eng

FR 75
CR 33
LR 74
PR 26

life 746
mana 573

skills
1 in ES and prereqs
20 in FB
20 in met
7 in firebolt
1 in warmth
20 in FO
10 in CM

FB 2413-2684
Met 5788-6079
FO 326-342

Equipment
Lore Warhat
Plague emblem ammy +2 cold skills, 6% FCR, 19 mana, 39% CR , other stuff
Volcanic eldritch orb with +1 meteor/3 pdiamond gothic shield
on switch +1 skill 10%FCR orb/lidless wall only used for ES and areas with a ton of fire immunes
stealth mage plate
magefist
ravenfrost
aldur's advance
belt, 24% FHR, +19 str. She found a FU spiderweb sash from chest in act 3. Ouch
ring viper touch 10%FCR, 26% LR, 29% FR, 5% Mana Steal
charms A fire skiller and a cold skiller. She was pretty lucky on that front. plus a bunch of res, life and mf charms.

Merc act 2 HF, Azrael
Darksight helm,
Black hades
brimstone dart War pike
81-513
7% LS, other lame mods

Both forge drops were Fals. I did about 150 sewer level 2 runs with her before matting her and that's where she picked up her uber drop in the Vex rune.

Baal drop was the Atlantean and a bunch of other stuff.

Originally posted by Toppo on Aug 22, 2005:

#15: Matriarch Carrie

Matriarch Carrie
Fire (Ball) Sorceress

Stats
Str - 90
Dex - 120 (50% block)
Vit - 230
Nrg - 50

Skill Trees:

Cold
FO 10
CM 1

Lightning
Teleport & Static 1

Fire
FBolt 20
FBall 20
Meteor 20
FM 8 (t be maxed)

Equipment:

Shako (ptopaz)
Vipermagi (ptopaz)
Eschuta's (20/20)
Visc (pdiamond)
Magefist
Gloom's Trap
Silkweave

Mara's
Raven Frost
SoJ

Inv: Gheed's, 3x Shimmering GC, 2x Amber SC + many mf SCs

HF Merc
(Eth Reaper's, Rockstopper & upped Shaft)

Notable Finds:
None - Ko from both HFs... meh

Now I'll just have to level her to 92 to perfect the build (max FM). Will be doing some area/su running in act5. Gonna slap some siren butt! The gear will undego some changes as she levels a bit. Unfortunately I don't have any fire skillers to boost the damage even further. But Carrie was fun, easy and fast to play. Especially because I got FO to help with questing. It really does kill those FIs reasonably fast. Now that she's matted she wont be killing much FIs, only the random FI bosses maybe :)

Originally posted by Usurper on May 25, 2004:

Matriarch Desdemona

Matriarch Desdemona
Titan Meleesorc, level 80

Stats (before & after items):
Str - 420/430
Dex - 25/35
Vit - 10/41
Eng - 35/35

Life: 454
Mana: 193

Skills:
Warmth - 20
Enchant - 20
Fire Mastery - 20
Shiver Armor - 20
Static Feild - 4
Teleport & pre-reqs - 1

Resits: 55/50/56/57

Items:
Weapon - Immortal King's Stone Crusher (socketed with two Shael runes)
Armor - Shaftstop (socketed with an Ort rune)
Helm - Kira's Guardian (socketed with a Ral rune)
Belt - Verdungo's Hearty Cord
Gloves - Sigon's Gage
Boots - Sigon's Sabot
Rings - Angelic Halo
Amulet - Angelic Wings
Charms - Many, many resists charms, along with a charms providing life and +max damage/AR

Inspired by Alkanine's Titan Sorc Guide.

A fun build, and by fun I mean frustrating. :teeth: Squashing most monsters in two or three hits was satisfying, but getting squished back in as many hits wasn't. By the end, I spent more time hiding behind my merc and other players then actually doing any fighting myself. :lol:

It wouldn't have been possible to get this character through hell without the help of many others in MP games, and for that I'd like to give a big thanks to Zertuals_Ovrlrd, Hypnoshit, Mufassa, boogied6, CheekyJez, and everyone else who helped me. You guys rock! :worship:

Originally posted by VoX Dei on May 7, 2010:

Matriarch Neith, Bow Enchantress

Matriarch Neith, Bow Enchantress

Introduction

This Matriarch is named after Neith, Egyptian goddess of war and the hunt. She’s basically an improved remake of a Demon Machine Enchantress that I’ve played a few years ago. That said, Neith focuses on +skills (extensive Enchant prebuff), attack speed (Kuko + Faith Rogue), and pierce (Razortail), in this order.

Stats

LCS

Level 50 Enchant
60% IAS => 9 FPA
83% Pierce
42% FHR => 9 FPH
30 or 50% FCR (on switch) => 11 or 10 FPC (Teleport, GS, FO, Static)
20% LL
CBF

Skills

Fire Skills
: 62

20: Warmth, Enchant, Fire Mastery
1: in the two Enchant pre-requisites

Cold Skills: 28

20: Frozen Orb
3+: Cold Mastery (currently -60 bowside/-70 on switch)
1: in all FO pre-requisites

Lightning Skills: 3

1: Teleport, Static, TK

Equipment

Main
:

Bow: Upped Kuko Shakaku (+3/-5 facet)
Helm: Kira’s Guardian 68@ (68 ar/15% ias)
Armor: Vipermagi 35@ (ias)
Belt: Upped Razortail
Gloves: Sigon’s Gage
Boots: Sigon’s Sabot
Amulet: Mara’s 30@
Rings: 2 x Bul-Kathos 5%

Switch:

Weapon: ‘CtA’ War Scepter
Shield: Lidless Wall

Charms:

8 x Fire skillers with life, str, dex, fhr
2 x Steel large charms of vita
7 x dual mod SCs with all res, ar, life, fhr

Prebuff:

‘Leaf’ +3 Enchant staff
Volcanic coronet
Ormus’ Enchant 15% FSD (-15% req)
Arachnid Mesh
Magefist
Volcanic amulet
2 x Fire skillers

Mercenary: Kyoko, Cold Rogue

Equipped with:

Bow: ‘Faith’ Great Bow
Helm: ‘Delirium’ Tiara
Armor: 2x Upped Greyform (21% light res/15% ias)

Journey

Normal and NM /p8. Hell /p1. All quests done. Normal and NM were easy. Hell brought the inevitable fire immunes and dual immunes making things trickier. Had to reroll some maps (eg, Glacial Trail was mobbed with Nightlords, the fire immune frenzytaurs), but in the end she got her Mat title easy enough, plus a Pul for the trouble.

Final Thought

Exploding things feels truly rewarding, but as a wise man once said:

Thank you for reading

Btw, this is what a level 52 Enchant looks like: LCS after skill shrine

Cheers,
VoX Dei

Originally posted by VoX Dei on Nov 17, 2010:

Matriarch Freya: Zeal Enchantress

Matriarch Freya, Zeal Enchantress

1589002788491.png
LCS

Breakpoints/Stats

65% IAS => 7 fpa Zeal
20% FCR => 11 fpc (Teleport, FO, Static, GS)
62% FHR => 8 fph
35% FBR => 6 fpb
75% Block
43% DR
20% FRW

Skills

Fire:

20 Enchant, Warmth, Fire Mastery
1 Enchant pre-requisites

Cold:

20 Frozen Orb
3+ Cold Mastery (atm -74% eCR after gear)
1 all FO pre-requisites

Lightning:

1 Teleport, Static Field, Telekinesis

Equipment

Main:

'Passion' Phase Blade
Stormshield (Um)
Nightwing's Veil 14% (+5/-4 cold facet)
'Chains of Honor' Wyrmhide
Arachnid Mesh
Laying of Hands
Ethereal Sandstorm Treks 13/14
Highlord's Wrath
Raven Frost 20/240
Bul-Kathos 5%

Switch:

'CtA' War Scepter
Ethereal 'Spirit'

Charms:

GCs are 8 fire skillers with useful suffixes (life, dex, strength, FHR)
SCs are mostly Steel of Vita and Steel/Fine of Balance

Enchant Prebuff:

Corpse Gyre
Volcanic circlet
Ormus´ Robes Enchant
Magefist
Volcanic amulet
second Bul-Kathos ring
2*plain fire skillers

Mercenary: Azrael, Holy Freeze Town Guard

Guillaume's Face (Um)
eBugged 'Treachery' Great Hauberk
ethereal Reaper (Amn)

5 fpa Jab / 9 fph

Gameplay

1589002714554.png

Freya's general tactics consisted in slowing monsters with Glacial Spike and aggressively teleporting on top of them followed by melee. This was a very effective strategy for a number of reasons. Namely, full block% when teleporting, merc is always well positioned (in the front), and monsters get insta-Decrepified. FIs (eg, Frenzytaur Nightlords) required a caster approach: cast FO, teleport, rinse and repeat.

Freya was able to kill anything in the game. A vast array of damage types (from Enchant, FO, Static, Azrael, and his Venom) pretty much guaranteed immunities were not a problem. Some fights like the Ancients or Baal were ridiculously easy, literally taking no more than a few seconds. Other fights, however, were incredibly hard. Freya's few deaths were to Convicted gloams in the Frozen River and WSK.

Overall, Freya was an enjoyable character.

Next

Evil Amazon or fugly Necro. Guess which one 😉

Thanks for taking the time to read,
VoX Dei

Originally posted by whichever on May 20, 2006:

Mat thread (sorry)

Alright, so, this is my first Mat thread. I'm posting this thread because Matriarch fluffy is built.. well... not as usual as other sorc's, and she's just a hell of a lot of fun. She's a Ranged Enchantress with FO as secondary attack.
I'll try to keep it short-

So here are the stats:
Matriarch fluffy:
Level:83

Str: 80/91 (from some 2nd modded charms)
Dex: 100/(just enough to use Passion PB with Goblin Toe on)
Vit: 290/(something like 295?)
Energy wtf is this?

Life: 742/1233
Mana: 199/456

Damage: Base/Enchanted
Bow attack 98-465/5095-6409
FO 629-658

Skill placement: 20 Enchant, 20 Warmth, 20 Frozen Orb, 5 Cold Mastery, 19 Fire Mastery (max later) , 1 in Prereqs and utility spells.

Gear: Harlequin Crest s/25 lres jewel, Tal ammy, 59 hp Waterwalks, razortail, 19/234 Raven, 4ll BK, 35res Vipermagi.
4x Cold GC's, various res/vita sc's.
Weapons: Demon machine/25% Death's Fathom + Sigon's Guard (that's right.. DF with Sig's, lol.)

Prebuff: +5 Enchant leaf staff (Shopping is boring, you know.) and Arachnid mesh.

Merc: A2 Might using Reaper's, Guillame's, and Gladiator's Bane
Damage (with might activated): 1898-3619/2084-4677 with enchant.

Notable finds: Buriza du Kyanon, Java skiller, Sharp large charm of sustenance (6/36/25)

Whew.. now that the boring stuff is done, here's her story:
fluffy used a Gemmed Great Maul to lvl to 18, then gets a Ravenclaw and enchant. She cruised incredibly fast through Normal and NM, and was a lot of fun because you have to think when you play her. Generally the strategy is to group the mobs together and have the merc tank them while you fire at the back. She slowed down a bit at around Normal A4, then gets a Kuko and then a Demon Machine. These two weapons made her as good as a cookie cutter up 'til around Hell A3. At NM I tried using Passion when I'm against single monsters / bosses, but the results weren't that good mainly because my gear choice doesn't include too much IAS; Besides, in Normal and NM you can just static any monster dead(or almost) anyway. So I decided to leave zeal alone. I ran Baal with the DF until around 78, when I maxed FO and put around 5 in CM. I found her to be very efficient even in Hell up until A5. Where I hit a wall. Low res and Burning Dead Archers don't mix well, neither did 10% dmg reduction and Amp Extra fast Frenzytaurs (which seemed to be everywhere, btw. I went through the Glacial trail and met 5 packs of Amp frenzytaurs) or Conviction Gloams. Which made me decide to skip the other areas and just do Baal. Normal and NM were played on P8 (including ancients...) and Hell was played on P3.

Conclusion: This is an incredibly fun build, albeit very fragile and can be frustrating sometimes. (low fhr = dead if you tele into a bunch of fast hitting monsters)
She has a very easy time leveling and isn't particularly weak. The best thing about her? Probably the crossbow look - imho she looked like a sniper when she was firing her Demon Machine. Also, it's just so much fun watching monsters line up and explode :).

Next up: a Melee Enchantress - enchant is just too much fun :p

Originally posted by xALT on Aug 9, 2008:

Matriarch Merlose

here are some screenies
Hydra/Fireball Sorcy
Code:
Character name  : Merlose
Character type  : Sorceress
Character level : 82
Character exp   : 826717606

Strength        : 146
Energy          : 35
Dexterity       : 25
Vitality        : 294

Life    : 1183
Mana    : 797
Resists :75/75/75/35
The gear:
Full Tal Set (Topaz in Armor/Helm, Ist in weapon)
35% FCR "spirit" Monarch
Magefist
2x SoJ
War Traveler
Switch: Ali baba (still unsocketed)/ "Rhyme" grim shield

Merc: Damien, Act 5 merc
2k-3.9k damage, 1.6k life, 7.5k defense, 75/75/80/75 resists
Code:
Fortitude AP

Crown of Thieves
12% Life stolen per hit
83% Extra Gold from Monsters
Ethereal (Cannot be Repaired), Socketed (1: 1 used)

Blood Heart
Jewel
+2 to Minimum Damage
Adds 1-91 lightning damage
Adds 2-10 cold damage over 2 seconds

Havoc Barb
Balrog Blade
'Shael'
One-Hand Damage: 58 to 335
Two-Hand Damage: 215 to 503
+292% Enhanced Damage
+138 to Attack Rating
Adds 13-52 fire damage
20% Increased Attack Speed
+41 to Maximum Damage (Based on Character Level)
+1353 to Attack Rating (Based on Character Level)
Socketed (1: 1 used)
The Backpack:
Code:
Burning Grand Charm of Balance
12% Faster Hit Recovery
+1 to Fire Skills (Sorceress Only)

Burning Grand Charm

Burning Grand Charm

Burning Grand Charm

Burning Grand Charm of Life
+20 to Life

Gheed's Fortune
142% Extra Gold from Monsters
38% Better Chance of Getting Magic Items
Reduces All Vendor Prices 12%

Ruby Small Charm
Fire Resist +10%

Ruby Small Charm
Fire Resist +11%

Ruby Small Charm
Fire Resist +10%

Shimmering Small Charm of Blight
All Resistances +5
+6 poison damage over 3 seconds

Crimson Small Charm of Vita
+16 to Life
Fire Resist +5%

Small Charm of Vita
+17 to Life

Snake's Small Charm
+12 to Mana
The skillz:
20 (36) each in firebolt, fireball, hydra, fire mastery
1 (17) Warmth & Enchant (pre-reqs) both proved useful
1 (11) Frozen armor
1 (11) Teleport
8 (18) Static Field

Hydra Damage: 2648-2991
Fireball Damage: 7073-7708

The Tale:
Well, I've never built a 100% Pure build before, and never will if I must stick to SP. Luckily, some MP solved the immunity problems (and they were many) I've never felt so useless before.
I just wanted to try how good was Hydra in 1.10+. Quite good if you ask me. The damage don't even compares to a FB build, but there is something hidden in this skill: Scouting
You can kill enemies off screen, which brings safety to the build. Of course, there is some trade off, you loose speed.
If played correctly, it can be the most safe of the pure sorc builds out there. Not that i played it correctly... My careless playstyle, and hurry to kill more monsters caused me some deaths.
All in all, I'm pretty happy with the build.

The Loot:
VERY few worth mention, a 38% ED ruby Jewel, and the Lacerator from Baal.
The hellforge was El/Sol/Gul in Normal, NM and hell respectively.

The Next:
I'm almost finished with a zealot, and have some other chars waiting for me to play them a bit. The next Sorcy will be a melle enchantress, and then maybe a Nova build of some sort.

Originally posted by zaphodbrx on Sep 7, 2012:

Matriarch Traxex, the 'everything' enchantress ranger

The story so far: Sylvanas Windrunner the night elf has been killed by the Death knight Arthas and resurrected as Traxex. I have created an inter-story dimensional portal and brought her into Diablo 2!

Traxex: You brought me back!

Me: Eh? There's no need for any of the cliched Warcraft 3 character comments. You're now in Diablo 2, where the characters almost never talk.

Traxex: Okay. What's my theme?

Me: You're an undead archer. So in addition to being a sorceress and an archer, you'll be summoning tons of stuff. Oh, and since I want to experiment with a bunch of melee options, you'll be whacking things sometimes too. Ready?

Traxex: Let phantom arrows fly!

Endgame skills, stats and gear

Code:
Name:       Traxex
Class:      Sorceress
Experience: 1208942314
Level:      86

Naked/Gear
Strength:   93/147
Dexterity:  51/103
Vitality:   341/353
Energy:     35/48
HP:         847/1147
Mana:       205/410
Stamina:    490/490
Defense:    12/977
AR:         205/1264

Fire:       163/123/63
Cold:       73/33/-27
Lightning:  186/146/86
Poison:     102/62/2

MF:         50       Block:      10
GF:         0
FR/W:       20
FHR:        10
IAS:        15
FCR:        0

Fire Bolt: 1/7
Warmth: 20/26
Inferno: 0/0
Blaze: 0/0
Fire Ball: 1/7
Fire Wall: 0/0
Enchant: 20/26
Meteor: 0/0
Fire Mastery: 20/26
Hydra: 0/0

Charged Bolt: 1/5
Static Field: 0/0
Telekinesis: 9/13
Nova: 0/0
Lightning: 1/5
Chain Lightning: 1/5
Teleport: 1/5
Thunder Storm: 0/0
Energy Shield: 1/5
Lightning Mastery: 20/24

Ice Bolt: 0/0
Frozen Armor: 0/0
Frost Nova: 0/0
Ice Blast: 0/0
Shiver Armor: 0/0
Glacial Spike: 0/0
Blizzard: 0/0
Chilling Armor: 0/0
Frozen Orb: 0/0
Cold Mastery: 1/5

Equipment

Final gear

Code:
Demon Machine
Chu-Ko-Nu
Two-Hand Damage: 31 to 137
Required Dexterity: 95
Required Strength: 80
Required Level: 49
Crossbow Class - Fastest Attack Speed
Item Version: 1.10+ Expansion
Item Level: 75
Fingerprint: 0x1417dbf2
+36 to Mana
+123% Enhanced Damage
+632 to Attack Rating
+66 to Maximum Damage
+321 Defense
Adds 17-45 fire damage
Piercing Attack [66]
Fires Explosive Arrows
100% Chance to cast Level 31 Meteor When You Die
+5% to Fire Skill Damage
-5% to Enemy Fire Resistance

Rainbow Facet
Jewel
Required Level: 49
Item Level: 87
Fingerprint: 0xc1cd7640
Adds 17-45 fire damage
100% Chance to cast Level 31 Meteor When You Die
+5% to Fire Skill Damage
-5% to Enemy Fire Resistance

Harlequin Crest
Shako
Defense: 103
Durability: 12 of 12
Required Strength: 50
Required Level: 62
Item Level: 94
Fingerprint: 0xc5dc9afb
+2 to Strength
+2 to Energy
+2 to Dexterity
+2 to Vitality
Damage Reduced by 10%
Lightning Resist +28%
50% Better Chance of Getting Magic Items
15% Increased Attack Speed
+2 to All Skill Levels
+129 to Life (Based on Character Level)
+129 to Mana (Based on Character Level)

Ambergris Jewel of Fervor
Required Level: 31
Item Level: 85
Fingerprint: 0xf42d821d
Lightning Resist +28%
15% Increased Attack Speed

Mara's Kaleidoscope
Amulet
Required Level: 67
Fingerprint: 0x7cb4853b
+5 to Strength
+5 to Energy
+5 to Dexterity
+5 to Vitality
All Resistances +29
+2 to All Skill Levels

Raven Frost
Ring
Required Level: 45
Fingerprint: 0x55be860
+18 to Dexterity
+40 to Mana
+167 to Attack Rating
Adds 15-45 cold damage over 4 seconds
20% Cold Absorb
Cannot Be Frozen

Storm Touch
Ring
Required Level: 13
Item Level: 84
Fingerprint: 0x8e67a02d
+1 to Energy
Fire Resist +20%
Lightning Resist +27%
Poison Resist +29%

Razortail
Sharkskin Belt
Defense: 99
Durability: 14 of 14
Required Strength: 20
Required Level: 32
Item Level: 59
Fingerprint: 0xc68b0248
+15 to Dexterity
+129% Enhanced Defense
+10 to Maximum Damage
+15 Defense
Piercing Attack [33]
Attacker Takes Damage of 86 (Based on Character Level)

Grim Greaves
Heavy Boots
Defense: 5
Required Strength: 18
Required Level: 18
Fingerprint: 0xc74bed4d
+2 to Dexterity
Fire Resist +40%
Lightning Resist +36%
20% Faster Run/Walk
10% Faster Hit Recovery

Dracul's Grasp
Vampirebone Gloves
Defense: 138
Required Level: 76
Fingerprint: 0x5c9dc4f1
+10 to Strength
+110% Enhanced Defense
7% Life stolen per hit
+5 Life after each Kill
25% Chance of Open Wounds
5% Chance to cast Level 10 Life Tap on striking

Dragon
Sharktooth Armor
'SurLoSol'
Defense: 607
Durability: 48 of 48
Required Strength: 103
Required Level: 61
Item Level: 63
Fingerprint: 0x68eebb3e
+5 to Strength
+5 to Energy
+5 to Dexterity
+5 to Vitality
+360 Defense
+230 Defense vs. Missile
Damage Reduced by 7
+5% to Maximum Lightning Resist
Increase Maximum Mana 5%
Level 14 Holy Fire Aura When Equipped
12% Chance to cast Level 15 Hydra on striking
20% Chance to cast Level 18 Venom when struck
+32 to Strength (Based on Character Level)
Socketed (3: 3 used)

Harmony
Demon Crossbow  <------- Switch
'TirIthSolKo'
Two-Hand Damage: 90 to 134
Required Dexterity: 98
Required Strength: 141
Required Level: 63
Fingerprint: 0xd5d2d817
+10 to Dexterity
+214% Enhanced Damage
+9 to Minimum Damage
+9 to Maximum Damage
Regenerate Mana 20%
Adds 55-160 fire damage
Adds 55-160 lightning damage
Adds 55-160 cold damage over 5 seconds
+2 to Light Radius
+6 to Valkyrie
+2 to Mana After Each Kill
Level 10 Vigor Aura When Equipped
Level 20 Revive (25/25 Charges)
Socketed (4: 4 used)

Charms

Code:
Small Charm of Storms
Keep in Inventory to Gain Bonus
Required Level: 37
Item Level: 61
Fingerprint: 0xd5668f40
Adds 1-26 lightning damage

Glowing Small Charm of Anthrax
Required Level: 36
Fingerprint: 0xf1dbe1af
Adds 1-21 lightning damage
+50 poison damage over 6 seconds

Small Charm of Storms
Fingerprint: 0x3d01271f
Adds 1-28 lightning damage

Small Charm of Storms
Fingerprint: 0xdd509b5
Adds 1-28 lightning damage

Static Small Charm of Vita
Required Level: 39
Item Level: 88
Fingerprint: 0x21c38391
+18 to Life
Adds 1-9 lightning damage

Boreal Large Charm of Vita
Required Level: 50
Fingerprint: 0x844c2035
+26 to Life
Adds 10-15 cold damage over 1 seconds

Boreal Large Charm of Vita
Required Level: 66
Fingerprint: 0x20592755
+34 to Life
Adds 7-20 cold damage over 1 seconds

Glowing Large Charm of Sustenance
Required Level: 34
Item Level: 86
Fingerprint: 0x25cf9291
+22 to Life
Adds 1-20 lightning damage

Shocking Large Charm of Vita
Fingerprint: 0x28da6c02
+35 to Life
Adds 1-73 lightning damage

Burning Grand Charm of Dexterity
Required Level: 42
Fingerprint: 0x8b5f27bc
+3 to Dexterity

Shimmering Grand Charm of Frost
Required Level: 27
Item Level: 80
Fingerprint: 0x8024f4cb
All Resistances +14
Adds 1-2 cold damage over 1 seconds

Amber Small Charm of Dexterity
Fingerprint: 0xec0ae521
+2 to Dexterity
Lightning Resist +11%

Amber Small Charm of Fire
Fingerprint: 0xacabe47e
Lightning Resist +11%
Adds 2-4 fire damage

Fiery Small Charm of Sustenance
Required Level: 17
Item Level: 41
Fingerprint: 0xa9716d9a
+15 to Life
Adds 1-3 fire damage

Ruby Grand Charm
Required Level: 22
Fingerprint: 0x352136dd
Fire Resist +30%

Burning Grand Charm of Sustenance
Item Level: 83
Fingerprint: 0x92673997
+21 to Life

Merc

Act 2 Prayer merc ( upto Hell act 3 ), then might ( A4, A5 )
Equipment

Code:
1: Delirium
Tiara
'LemIstIo'
Defense: 302
Durability: 25 of 25
Required Level: 52
Fingerprint: 0x76359f60
+10 to Vitality
+261 Defense
50% Extra Gold from Monsters
25% Better Chance of Getting Magic Items
+2 to All Skill Levels
11% Chance to cast Level 18 Confuse on striking
6% Chance to cast Level 14 Mind Blast when struck
14% Chance to cast Level 13 Terror when struck
1% Chance to cast Level 50 Magic Shrine when struck
Level 17 Attract (60/60 Charges)
Socketed (3: 3 used)

2: Chains of Honor
Dusk Shroud
'DolUmBerIst'
Defense: 783
Durability: 20 of 20
Required Strength: 77
Fingerprint: 0x8f593e49
+20 to Strength
+70% Enhanced Defense
Damage Reduced by 8%
All Resistances +65
8% Life stolen per hit
Replenish Life +7
200% Damage to Demons
100% Damage to Undead
+2 to All Skill Levels

3: Infinity
Thresher
'BerMalBerIst'
Two-Hand Damage: 42 to 504
Durability: 65 of 65
Required Dexterity: 118
Required Strength: 152
Polearm Class - Fast Attack Speed
Item Level: 81
Fingerprint: 0xaab0f32f
+258% Enhanced Damage
30% Better Chance of Getting Magic Items
35% Faster Run/Walk
Prevent Monster Heal
40% Chance of Crushing Blow
Level 12 Conviction Aura When Equipped
50% Chance to cast Level 20 Chain Lightning When You Kill an Enemy
Level 21 Cyclone Armor (30/30 Charges)
+43 to Vitality (Based on Character Level)
-50% to Enemy Lightning Resistance

Prebuff and other equipment ( see journey )
Code:
Number of Items : 7

1: Kingslayer
Champion Axe
'MalUmGulFal'
Two-Hand Damage: 218 to 347
Durability: 50 of 50
Required Dexterity: 59
Required Strength: 167
Axe Class - Very Fast Attack Speed
Fingerprint: 0xf6f32cc1
+10 to Strength
+270% Enhanced Damage
40% Extra Gold from Monsters
30% Increased Attack Speed
+1 to Vengeance
-25% Target Defense
Prevent Monster Heal
20% Bonus to Attack Rating
50% Chance of Open Wounds
33% Chance of Crushing Blow

2: Hellrack
Colossus Crossbow
'ShaelShael'
Two-Hand Damage: 103 to 293
Required Dexterity: 77
Required Strength: 163
Required Level: 76
Item Level: 99
Fingerprint: 0x927d5724
+223% Enhanced Damage
Adds 63-324 fire damage
Adds 63-324 lightning damage
Adds 63-324 cold damage over 1 seconds
60% Increased Attack Speed
105% Bonus to Attack Rating
Level 18 Immolation Arrow (150/150 Charges)
Socketed (2: 2 used)

3: Beast
Berserker Axe
'BerTirUmMalLum'
One-Hand Damage: 87 to 257
Durability: 18 of 26
Required Dexterity: 59
Required Strength: 138
Required Level: 64
Axe Class - Very Fast Attack Speed
Fingerprint: 0x770b4df4
+25 to Strength
+10 to Energy
+263% Enhanced Damage
40% Increased Attack Speed
+3 to Werebear
+3 to Lycanthropy
Prevent Monster Heal
25% Chance of Open Wounds
20% Chance of Crushing Blow
Level 9 Fanaticism Aura When Equipped
Level 13 Summon Grizzly (5/5 Charges)
Socketed (5: 5 used)

4: Phoenix
Monarch
'VexVexLoJah'
Defense: 141
Chance to Block:  42%
Smite Damage: 12 to 34
Durability: 84 of 86
Required Strength: 156
Required Level: 65
Fingerprint: 0x4b6ac07c
+50 to Life
+388% Enhanced Damage
+360 Defense vs. Missile
+10% to Maximum Fire Resist
+5% to Maximum Lightning Resist
+19 Fire Absorb
Level 14 Redemption Aura When Equipped
40% Chance to cast Level 22 Firestorm on striking
100% Chance to cast Level 40 Blaze When You Level Up
-28% to Enemy Fire Resistance

5: Grief
Phase Blade
'EthTirLoMalRal'
One-Hand Damage: 31 to 35
Required Dexterity: 136
Required Strength: 25
Required Level: 59
Sword Class - Fastest Attack Speed
Indestructible
Fingerprint: 0x5384bb0a
Adds 5-30 fire damage
+13 Life after each Kill
31% Increased Attack Speed
Adds +398 Damage
Ignore Target Defense
-25% Target Defense
Prevent Monster Heal
20% Deadly Strike
35% Chance to cast Level 15 Venom on striking
1% Damage to Demons (Based on Character Level)
-25% to Enemy Poison Resistance

6: Call to Arms
Crystal Sword
'AmnRalMalIstOhm'
One-Hand Damage: 17 to 52
Required Strength: 43
Required Level: 57
Sword Class - Very Fast Attack Speed
Fingerprint: 0x708d6b82
+252% Enhanced Damage
Adds 5-30 fire damage
7% Life stolen per hit
Replenish Life +12
40% Increased Attack Speed
+3 to Battle Orders
+3 to Battle Cry
+2 to Battle Command
Prevent Monster Heal
+1 to All Skill Levels

7: Memory
Battle Staff
'LumIoSolEth'
Two-Hand Damage: 18 to 19
Durability: 21 of 21
Staff Class - Normal Attack Speed
Fingerprint: 0xeaccfe9a
+10 to Energy
+10 to Vitality
+50% Enhanced Defense
+9 to Minimum Damage
Magic Damage Reduced by 7
Increase Maximum Mana 20%
+3 to Sorceress Skill Levels
33% Faster Cast Rate
+3 to Energy Shield (Sorceress Only)
+3 to Energy Shield (Sorceress Only)
+1 to Thunder Storm (Sorceress Only)
+2 to Chain Lightning (Sorceress Only)
+2 to Static Field (Sorceress Only)
-25% Target Defense
150% Damage to Undead
Ethereal (Cannot be Repaired), Socketed (4: 4 used)

The Journey

Well since I wanted to try out a non casting sorc and everything related to it, her journey was long and quite varied.

Normal

Level 1-18 in normal was spent meleeing with a staff, meleeing with 'Serpent Lord' and part arctic's, shooting with full Arctic's. Some spells were used which were on the staffmods of staves ( no hard points ). At level 18 I got enchant ( dumped everything into warmth for synergy ) and teleport, so I equipped Ravenclaw ( the non bugged one ), and full Iratha's, sparkling mail, treads of cthon ( my normal twinking items ), and they served me well throughout the next three acts as well.

Quick review: Serpent lord. This is an underrated twinking item for sorcs at low levels. Cast a few spells and then whack a few things to get all your mana back courtesy of the 100% mana leech. I used an ethereal one and the durability didn't go down by much either.

Quick review: Arctic gear. I love this set for twinking. The bonuses for hp and such are great and huge cold damage, cannot be frozen. It's my go to twinking set for all characters except barb which is better with Dual Death's.

Quick review: Ravenclaw. You don't need the bugged one, even the normal one is sufficient to pwn normal mode with splash damage enchant or holy fire.

After Act 4 I was level 34, so equipped the Kuko Shakaku. Ahh, much better than the RC because of pierce and extra fire damage. Items used till the end of normal: Sigons boot+gloves, rockstopper, razortail, treachery mageplate, angelic wings/ring, manald.

LCS on finishing normal mode

Nightmare

As I was getting the levels required for various items, I tried them all out, mainly weapons. The endgame gear came on at level 63, before that the rest of the items used were the same as in normal.

Quick review: Harmony double bow. Harmony has a few qualities of interest: about 100 to each elemental damage, revives, valkyrie and vigor aura. I tried it a bit and while it looked promising for later on, it couldn't compete with the pierce and splash of Kuko.

Quick review: Demon machine. The endgame weapon for any enchantress or holy fire ranger. Fast, explosive arrows, 66 pierce, AR bonus. And looks incredibly cool. I decided to hold up a bit and just use the Kuko till level 63.

Quick review: Langer Briser. The unique arbalest is the only bow in the game to have specifically lightning damage. Unfortunately it's not enough, and the other qualities are of limited interest ( knockback and MF?? )

Quick review: Buriza Do Kyanon. Ahh, much better. Strong physical and cold damage to deal with the occasional fire immune, 100% pierce and freezes target.

I got to level 63 after act 3 and made a whole bunch of equipment changes. Demon machine came on, Harlequin crest, ravenfrost, Mara's ( though this stayed unequipped till lvl 67 ), Laying of hands, rare boots. Switch stayed as the buriza and sometimes harmony.

For the body armor, I decided to make 'Dragon'. Whut? Well after the MFO, I had a Sur and Lo rune, and nothing to really do with it. Dragon's holy fire aura adds some fire dmg to it ( though it's not much even with fire mastery ) but what else does it have? Hydras. Tons and tons of hydras. When synergized with fire mastery they deal an appreciable amount of damage, and for a summon based character, having the only sorceress 'summon' seemed like a pretty good idea.

The merc also got his final equipment, replacing insight poleaxe, hawkmail and duskdeep that had been there since normal mode. In it's place came 'Infinity', 'Delirium' and 'Chains of Honor'. Delirium added some very nice crowd control via the ctc effects, conviction increased damage and CoH was needed for leech. Delirium crashed the game often so I started saving at every waypoint.

On the weapon switch I added a 'Harmony' Demon crossbow. This adds ~100 to each elemental damage, and more importantly valkyrie and revives to tank in order to kill fire immunes. This was okay, but I decided to keep Buriza do kyanon on that slot for a while as I did not want to deal with expensive repairs.

Nightmare mode was finished at level 74.

Hell

While all of Normal and NM were done on p8, Hell was done with Act1,2,3 primarily p8 and Act 4,5 mostly p3. Mainly it depended on whether the area had too many fire immunes/unbreakable fire immunes, in which case I lowered the psetting. Plains of despair and many act 5 ice cave levels were done on p8 ( when I saw no fire immunes ), but Chaos, WSK, ancients and all act bosses were done on p1.

For half of act1, I kept the demon machine and buriza. When I hit lvl 76 ( around halfway in A1 ), I decided to experiment around with a few different options.

Hellrack colossus crossbow: This is slow, slow. Nice elemental damage, but it is generally just too heavy and slow to be a practical weapon.

Kingslayer champion axe: This is where I started with all my melee stuff. Vengeance is pretty okay damage. I got energy shield to be able to tank a lot more in melee form, but as always, every single boss pack in the countess tower was mana burn, every one. Except the ghost packs which were mana burn by default. Same story in catacombs level 1. This is also where I realized relying on prebuff things are very irritating. I had no hard point in ES or enchant ( prebuff using demon limb and memory ), but had to return to town every time while doing so. LCS with kinglayer.

On hitting Act2, I went for more melee builds, using my respecs.

Grief+Phoenix in bear form: I had originally planned to use zeal from passion phaseblade but the zealing animation was just too slow and clumsy for me so I left it. The idea was to get high physical damage and minus fire resistance with high attack speed in bear form. This worked well, but after a while I decided to just use the beast zerker as the hitting weapon anyway so that I could put call to arms on switch. The extra physical dmg from grief didn't matter much except against unbreakable fire immunes which there aren't many of in act 2 anyway. As an added bonus, the mana replenished from redemption aura helped energy shield quite a bit. LCS in bear form.

This setup was what I used until claw viper temple was destroyed. Then it was time for..

Immortal queen! I have to really commend the guy who recommended it. 5 part IK plus Kira's guardian. El cheapo and very good damage output due to the elemental bonuses of IK maul. Again there was a choice of Beast or Call to arms for weapon switch. Beast made me attack quicker but CTA meant I could teleport and that was usually better. LCS ( call to arms switch ), LCS ( beast switch )

Act 3: I went back to archer mode for this, with harmony switch, and that was my final item selection. Flayer jungles were interesting. There are two types of flayers. One poison immune, one cold immune, one type of shaman is unbreakable fire immune while the other is breakable. Nice to know.
I forgot to lower the p8 setting for the spider cavern so the fight with Szark and his dudes sucked..
Fire immune zakarumites gave annoyances as well when I had the psetting to p8.

Nice drop ( grailer too ) in a Kurast temple. Nothing else much of note. Council is actually mostly FI as it turns out ( not LI ), and all the bosses were FI.

Act 4: Nothing fire immune spawned in outer steppe and plains of despair, so kept p8 for those. Gloams were there, but easy. Another grailer dropped. Venom lords in city of the damned were again damnably difficult because I forgot to switch the setting. Nice PI/FI boss in chaos sanctuary.

Quick review: Metalgrid amulet. I thought it would be amusing to have an iron golem to accompany my nice revive/valk/hydra army. Unfortunately without golem mastery it isn't good for much. The lvl requirement of the metalgrid is a nuisance and it isn't really an endgame amulet either so mainly has novelty value for iron golem.

Act 5: Not very much of note here, I did frozen river at p8 ( gloams but no FI ), Nilly was easy, despite tomb vipers spawning. LCS after killing him.

Crowd control from delirium stuff was awesome. Teleport too. Then we arrived at ancients.

First try: I decided to get revives from Pindle for this. However, the leaping dude kept targeting me and not the revives so it just wasn't working. This lead to my first death on this character.

Second attempt: Delirium crashed the game

Third attempt: Cursed, reroll

Fourth attempt

Yes, ancients are just not fun with bow characters. On my holy fire ranger I had done it with passion pb+lifetap, and on the bowazon just done it somehow. On the fifth attempt I split them up and just kited them to hell with teleport.

WSK was taken on at p1 so not too difficult. Frenzytaurs make awesome revives. The waves ( apart from the last one ) were done on p8. Baal soon dropped and Traxex was a Matriarch! Final drop.

The merc did pretty well. Delirium crashed the game a lot though. If you lose one hour of questing and have to do that over because of delirium crash, ouch that sucks. Thankfully I didn't lose any big item due to crashes, a Lem rune being the only significant one.

Finds

Stormspire
Ravenlore
Jalal's mane, Razortail, Tgods, stuff like that
Hellforge: ?/Lum/Fal ( Bad rune luck throughout. Highest would be a Lem if I hadn't lost that to a Delirium crash ).

Overall I found her a powerful and fun character. Much better than the holy fire ranger I played a while back. Conviction and Delirium made a big difference. Teleport as well I suppose, and good use of revives. Thanks for reading!

Originally posted by Aconite on Mar 24, 2007:

Matriarch Amber, the Meterorb

Hi,

Well, after getting frustrated with my max vit blizzballer I decided to start a new sorc in the quest for matriarchy... this time going max block, which I think suits my playing style better. Anyway, I found this character a lot easier than the blizzballer - perhaps the equipment had something to do with it, although probably due to the fact that the killing skills weren't as diluted as an evenly balanced cold/fire split of a blizzballer.

Lvl 82
Cold: 20 Orb, 1 Mastery
Fire: 10 Bolt, 20 Ball, 20 Meteor, 10 Mastery
Plus the usual utility skills
Resists in Hell: 66% to all.
Blocking: 75%
Life: 708
Mana: 558
FCR: 110%

Weap: Wizardspike
Shield: Upped Visceraunt with a pdiamond
Armor: 27% Vipermaji
Gloves: Magefist
Belt: Tal's
Boots: Tearhaunch
Helm: Shako with a ptopaz
Amulet: blue +1 sorc skills
Rings: Manald + rare 10% FCR, 5% Res all

No charms. Nothing on switch.

I'm trying to trade for Tal's Amulet, then I'll equip her with the full set and do some MFing and Baal runs. Wondering where I should spend any additional skill points - cold mastery or fire mastery?

This is my second mat since I restarted in January (yeah, I'm pretty slow 😃 - real life gets in the way a lot) - my first was a witchyzon.

Hmm.... now to decide on the next project....

Originally posted by Aconite on Nov 23, 2008:

Matriarch Lilith - Tal's Meteorb

Sirpoop's post about his Baal running sorcs, which contained a lot of great insight, got me itching to level a few more sorcs.

Lilith is the first of three. She's a fairly standard Meteorb sorc. Once I'd slogged through the early levels with a gemmed maul and Sigon's, it was easy going with Frozen Orb taking me all the way through the game. Fireball was used for immunes.

I normally prefer max block on sorcs, but Spirit is too good to pass up, and reaching the 105% BP without out it on a Tal's sorc is not exactly easy (I burnt through a tidy pile of low runes until I rolled a 35% one, though!)

Main skills as follows:

Frozen Orb 20/29
Cold Mastery 1/12

Firebolt 15/25
Fireball 20/30
Meteor 20/30
Fire Mastery 1/13

Plus the usual utility skills.

(Remaining points will max firebolt and the go to fire mastery)

Hellforges were quite pleasing: Ko and Pul.

Character details:

Code:
Name:       Lilith
Experience: 590107048
Level:      78

Naked/Gear
Strength:   156/156
Dexterity:  25/45
Vitality:   264/286
Energy:     35/45
HP:         685/1109
Mana:       189/540
Stamina:    405/427
Defense:    6/1517
AR:         75/75

Fire:       159/119/59
Cold:       170/130/70
Lightning:  203/163/103
Poison:     141/101/41

MF:         206       Block:      8
GF:         106
FR/W:       30
FHR:        90
IAS:        0
FCR:        105

I don't normally mat a character at this low a level, but I teleported through most of act 5, just stopping to rescue Anya. Nithalak still has to be put in his place...

Gear was full Tal's with a 35% Spirit Monarch and Magefists to hit the 105% BP (I really need to do something about the rings!). The set has had holes punched in it with Lilith's quest rewards, but nothing has been inserted yet:

Code:
Tal Rasha's Horadric Crest
Death Mask
Defense: 113
Durability: 18 of 20
Required Strength: 55
Fingerprint: 0x228bd1f1
Version: Expansion 1.10+
Properties: 
+60 to Life
+30 to Mana
+45 Defense
10% Life stolen per hit
10% Mana stolen per hit
All Resistances +15
1 Sockets (0 used)

Tal Rasha's Adjudication
Amulet
Fingerprint: 0x16c303a3
Properties: 
+50 to Life
+42 to Mana
Lightning Resist +33%
+3 - 32 Lightning Damage
+2 to Sorceress Skill Levels
Set (4 items): 
10% Faster Cast Rate

Tal Rasha's Guardianship
Lacquered Plate
Defense: 865
Durability: 53 of 55
Required Level: 71
Required Strength: 84
Fingerprint: 0x61bca7b1
Properties: 
+400 Defense
Magic Damage Reduced by 15
Fire Resist +40%
Lightning Resist +40%
Cold Resist +40%
88% Better Chance of Getting Magic Items
Requirements -60%
Set (2 item): 
10% Faster Cast Rate
1 Sockets (0 used)

Manald Heal
Ring
Required Level: 15
Fingerprint: 0x29a9bcca
Properties: 
+20 to Life
20% Regenerate Mana
4% Mana stolen per hit
Replenish Life 8

Manald Heal
Ring
Fingerprint: 0x72f55651
Properties: 
+20 to Life
20% Regenerate Mana
7% Mana stolen per hit
Replenish Life 8

Tal Rasha's Fine-Spun Cloth
Mesh Belt
Defense: 97
Durability: 15 of 16
Required Level: 53
Required Strength: 47
Fingerprint: 0xe7534fb8
Properties: 
+20 to Dexterity
+30 to Mana
15% Better Chance of Getting Magic Items
Requirements -20%
+37 Damage Taken Goes To Mana
Set (2 item): 
+60 Defense
Set (3 items): 
10% Faster Cast Rate

Silkweave
Mesh Boots
Defense: 122
Required Strength: 65
Fingerprint: 0xc5c10aa3
Properties: 
172% Enhanced Defense
+200 Defense vs. Missile
10% Increase Maximum Mana
30% Faster Run/Walk
+5 to Mana after each Kill

Magefist
Light Gauntlets
Defense: 24
Durability: 17 of 18
Required Level: 23
Required Strength: 45
Fingerprint: 0xe748165e
Properties: 
24% Enhanced Defense
25% Regenerate Mana
+10 Defense
+1 - 6 Fire Damage
20% Faster Cast Rate
+1 to Fire Skills

Tal Rasha's Lidless Eye
Swirling Crystal
One Hand Damage: 18 - 42
Fingerprint: 0xc3b2dc7e
Properties: 
+10 to Energy
+57 to Life
+77 to Mana
20% Faster Cast Rate
+2 to Fire Mastery (Sorceress Only)
+1 to Lightning Mastery (Sorceress Only)
+2 to Cold Mastery (Sorceress Only)
Set (2 item): 
+1 to Sorceress Skill Levels
Set (3 items): 
-15% to Enemy Fire Resistance
Set (4 items): 
-15% to Enemy Lightning Resistance
Set (5 items): 
15% to Cold Skill Damage
1 Sockets (0 used)

Spirit
Monarch
Defense: 135
Chance to Block: 22
Durability: 83 of 86
Required Level: 54
Fingerprint: 0x90fe43d
Properties: 
+22 to Vitality
+103 to Mana
+250 Defense vs. Missile
55% Faster Hit Recovery
35% Faster Cast Rate
+2 to All Skills
+4 Magic Absorb
Poison Resist +35%
Cold Resist +35%
Lightning Resist +35%
Attacker Takes Damage of 14
4 Sockets (4 used)
Socketed: Tal Rune
Socketed: Thul Rune
Socketed: Ort Rune
Socketed: Amn Rune

A few charms:

Code:
Chilling Grand Charm of Lightning
Grand Charm
Fingerprint: 0xe1fa2a89
Properties: 
+1 - 6 Lightning Damage
+1 to Cold Skills (Sorceress Only)

Burning Grand Charm
Grand Charm
Fingerprint: 0x52c96fb0
Properties: 

Gheed's Fortune
Grand Charm
Fingerprint: 0x8240a6bd
Properties: 
106% Extra Gold from Monsters
33% Better Chance of Getting Magic Items
Reduces all Vendor Prices 14%

Small Charm of Balance
Small Charm
Required Level: 29
Fingerprint: 0x33d0b6cf
Properties: 
5% Faster Hit Recovery

Small Charm of Balance
Small Charm
Fingerprint: 0xcd01068c
Properties: 
5% Faster Hit Recovery

Garnet Grand Charm of Sustenance
Grand Charm
Fingerprint: 0xcfda3272
Item Level: 49
Properties: 
+23 to Life
Fire Resist +24%

Emerald Small Charm
Small Charm
Fingerprint: 0xd44d1b6f
Properties: 
Poison Resist +11%

Small Charm of Fortune
Small Charm
Fingerprint: 0x9c555c43
Properties: 
5% Better Chance of Getting Magic Items

Nightmare act 2 defensive merc, wielding an Insight:

Code:
Duriel's Shell
Cuirass
Defense: 699
Durability: 150 of 150
Required Level: 41
Fingerprint: 0x529daee8
Properties: 
+15 to Strength
197% Enhanced Defense
Cold Resist +30%
+100 Maximum Durability
Cannot Be Frozen
97 Defense (Based on Char Lvl)
78 to Life (Based on Char Lvl)
All Resistances +20

Vampire Gaze
Grim Helm
Defense: 252
Durability: 36 of 40
Required Strength: 58
Fingerprint: 0x8bed3ac9
Properties: 
100% Enhanced Defense
Magic Damage Reduced by 11
Damage Reduced by 16%
+6 - 22 cold damage with 4 sec Duration
7% Life stolen per hit
8% Mana stolen per hit
15% Slower Stamina Drain

Insight
Thresher
Two Hand Damage: 63 - 643
Durability: 33 of 33
Required Strength: 142
Required Dexterity: 108
Fingerprint: 0x64a25236
Properties: 
All Stats +5
205% Enhanced Damage
23% Better Chance of Getting Magic Items
+5 to Critical Strike
35% Faster Cast Rate
245% Bonus to Attack Rating
Level 16 Meditation Aura When Equipped
Ethereal
+5 - 30 Fire Damage
+2 to Mana after each Kill
+75 poison damage over 5 seconds
+9 to Minimum Damage
4 Sockets (4 used)
Socketed: Ral Rune
Socketed: Tir Rune
Socketed: Sol Rune

First time I've used Insight, and I must say it's great! I can teleport without pause, and spam fireball pretty much constantly.

I want to focus more on orb as a main skill, so next up is a orb/nova sorc (blatant copy of Sirpoops, but without the snazzy gear), using Tal's set. Then, followed by an orb/fireball sorc forgoing meteor for a stronger orb.

Once I've mat'd all three I'll give some thought to which ones to level up to 90 and beyond, to keep my level 93 blizzie company.

Thanks for reading.

Originally posted by AJK on Mar 11, 2006:

My first Matriarch, Olena

I finally made it for the first time through Hell! My n00bsorc, err. meteorb Olena braved many dangers, fought foul beasts, hid cowardly in corners, but emerged triumphant.

Before this build, I tried two characters to beat Hell, but they never made it past the Den of Evil. A fanatic zealot (sucked due to lack of good gear) and a lightsorc (sucked due to lack of gear, no block, 175 energy, and more build mistakes).

I decided not to let the third attempt suck as well, and followed a guide (and a good one). A meteorb is indeed a versatile and safe build!
Normal and Nightmare (pwned all with FOrb) passed uneventfully. One of the splinters of Meph's soulstone morphed into a Mal at Nightmare Hellforge.

Hell was really something different, I had to be careful now (damn). I quickly noticed that going max block complemented my playstyle (kamikaze) pretty well, and I lived past the Den of Evil! Here are some of the key moments in Hell, familiar to all I guess.

Andariel: Weakness to fire, end of story.
Duriel: My merc tanked, I lived.
Mephisto: Can't remember much except that I didn't die.
Hellforge: An Um (and Mal in Nightmare???)
Chaos sanct. & Diablo: Merc seems to think that IM means 'attack harder'. Merc was also attracted to the pretty pink lightning of Diablo. Yes, a lot of resurrection fees.
Nhihlhahthahk: Death by merc. I just stood in a corner as far away from the corpses as possible.
Ancients: Chicken as I am, I waited until level 88 before facing them. I killed them in two tries. First try: went splat because of whirwind attack in under five seconds. Second try: tele'd like crazy and put my merc in front of the bullies, spamming FOrb or fireball. So this is how it feels to play hardcore, it was the only time during the game that I really stressed out.
WSK: Died a couple of times (fanatic charger zombies, gloams), but managed to slay Baal with relative ease.

End stats: See Pic.

My gear:
Shako + PTopaz
Tal's Ball-On-A-Stick
Tal's ammy
Tal's belt
Skin of the Vipemagi with res all jewel (+49 res all total)
upgraded Visceratuant with PDiamond
Magefist
Stone of Jordan | 10% FCR+extra resists ring

Merc gear:
Rockstopper
Reaper's Toll
Shaftstop

One last question for y'all: How come my merc easily beats waves 1,2,4 and 5 at the Throne Room, but dies quickly to wave 3? Is it because of the hydras? He has 75% fire resist.

Originally posted by Ana on Mar 19, 2006:

Torin First Matriarch

Well, here she is: Torin, my first Matriarch:

The snag to proof it and the info:

Character name : Torin
Character type : Sorceress
Character level : 82
Character exp : 820264354

Strength : 115
Energy : 60
Dexterity : 140
Vitality : 185
Stat Points Rem : 0
Skill Points Rem: 0

Life : 863 / 531
Mana : 812 / 247
Stamina : 360 / 330

Gold (Inventory): 0
Gold (Stash) : 1115717

Number of Items : 41

1: Tome of Town Portal
Quantity: 19

2: Key
Quantity: 12

3: Key
Quantity: 7

4: Key
Quantity: 12

5: Rugged Large Charm of Sustenance
Required Level: 19
Item Version: 1.10 Expansion
Item Level: 60
Fingerprint: 0xd5d1021e
+19 to Life
+28 to Maximum Stamina

6: Grand Charm of Sustenance
Item Level: 52
Fingerprint: 0xd3b94f91
+29 to Life

7: Grand Charm of Sustenance
Item Level: 50
Fingerprint: 0x139a86fc
+29 to Life

8: Small Charm of Life
Required Level: 14
Item Level: 27
Fingerprint: 0x1ae65ed7
+8 to Life

9: Small Charm of Life
Fingerprint: 0xcb3b681b
+9 to Life

10: Small Charm of Life
Item Level: 12
Fingerprint: 0xcc0d8754
+7 to Life

11: Sapphire Grand Charm of Greed
Item Level: 38
Fingerprint: 0x54229a00
Cold Resist +28%
25% Extra Gold from Monsters

12: Ruby Grand Charm
Item Level: 48
Fingerprint: 0x1eaf26b8
Fire Resist +29%

13: Viridian Small Charm
Required Level: 10
Item Level: 51
Fingerprint: 0xb5acd246
Poison Resist +6%

14: Emerald Small Charm of Strength
Fingerprint: 0xf4983740
+1 to Strength
Poison Resist +11%

15: Small Charm of Life
Item Level: 8
Fingerprint: 0x64404ae3
+7 to Life

16: Harlequin Crest
Shako
Defense: 121
Item Version: Expansion
Item Level: 93
Fingerprint: 0xe08686ee
+2 to Strength
+2 to Energy
+2 to Dexterity
+2 to Vitality
Damage Reduced by 10%
74% Better Chance of Getting Magic Items
+2 to All Skill Levels
+123 to Life (Based on Character Level)
+123 to Mana (Based on Character Level)

Perfect Topaz
Inserted into a Shako

24% Better Chance of Getting Magic Items

17: Tal Rasha's Adjudication
Amulet
Fingerprint: 0xbe692c27
GUID: 0x6c8ce1fa 0x3df0284a 0x0
+50 to Life
+42 to Mana
Lightning Resist +33%
Adds 3-32 lightning damage

***Partial Set Item Bonuses***
10% Faster Cast Rate

18: Raven Frost
Ring
Required Level: 45
Fingerprint: 0xe9f93685
+19 to Dexterity
+40 to Mana
+223 to Attack Rating
Adds 15-45 cold damage over 4 seconds
20% Cold Absorb
Cannot Be Frozen

19: Nightsmoke
Belt
Defense: 22
Durability: 16 of 16
Required Level: 20
Item Level: 61
Fingerprint: 0xd49e2c2a
+20 to Mana
+30% Enhanced Defense
+15 Defense
Damage Reduced by 2
All Resistances +10
50% Damage Taken Goes to Mana

20: Silkweave
Mesh Boots
Defense: 125
Item Level: 71
Fingerprint: 0x101397b3
+178% Enhanced Defense
+200 Defense vs. Missile
Increase Maximum Mana 10%
30% Faster Run/Walk
+5 to Mana After Each Kill

21: Magefist
Light Gauntlets
Defense: 25
Durability: 18 of 18
Item Level: 33
Fingerprint: 0x5f507afa
+27% Enhanced Defense
Regenerate Mana 25%
+10 Defense
Adds 1-6 fire damage
20% Faster Cast Rate
+1 to Fire Skills

22: Que-Hegan's Wisdom
Mage Plate
Defense: 660
Durability: 60 of 60
Required Level: 51
Fingerprint: 0x23a3bd14
+15 to Energy
+152% Enhanced Defense
Magic Damage Reduced by 9
All Resistances +13
7% Better Chance of Getting Magic Items
20% Faster Hit Recovery
20% Faster Cast Rate
+1 to All Skill Levels
+3 to Mana After Each Kill

Scintillating Jewel of Prosperity
Required Level: 26
Item Level: 35
Fingerprint: 0x80887978
All Resistances +13

23: Jade Large Charm
Item Level: 55
Fingerprint: 0xead38c55
Poison Resist +11%

24: Manald Heal
Ring
Fingerprint: 0xe43751e8
+20 to Life
Regenerate Mana 20%
6% Mana stolen per hit
Replenish Life +6

25: Bronze Large Charm of Vita
Required Level: 50
Fingerprint: 0x84ba8725
+27 to Life
+9 to Attack Rating

26: Horadric Cube

27: Full Rejuvenation Potion
Heals 100% Life and Mana

28: Full Rejuvenation Potion
Heals 100% Life and Mana

29: Super Healing Potion

30: Full Rejuvenation Potion
Heals 100% Life and Mana

31: Super Healing Potion

32: Full Rejuvenation Potion
Heals 100% Life and Mana

33: Super Healing Potion

34: Full Rejuvenation Potion
Heals 100% Life and Mana

35: Full Rejuvenation Potion
Heals 100% Life and Mana

36: Full Rejuvenation Potion
Heals 100% Life and Mana

37: Full Rejuvenation Potion
Heals 100% Life and Mana

38: Full Rejuvenation Potion
Heals 100% Life and Mana

39: Full Rejuvenation Potion
Heals 100% Life and Mana

40: Wizardspike
Bone Knife
One-Hand Damage: 23 to 49
Required Dexterity: 75
Required Strength: 38
Dagger Class - Fast Attack Speed
Indestructible
Fingerprint: 0xe2d0e303
Regenerate Mana 15%
All Resistances +75
Increase Maximum Mana 15%
50% Faster Cast Rate
Indestructible
+164 to Mana (Based on Character Level)

41: Lidless Wall
Grim Shield
Defense: 298
Chance to Block: 40%
Durability: 70 of 70
Fingerprint: 0xf2c7fe2f
+10 to Energy
+98% Enhanced Defense
All Resistances +19
Increase Maximum Mana 10%
+1 to Light Radius
20% Faster Cast Rate
+1 to All Skill Levels
+4 to Mana After Each Kill

Perfect Diamond
Inserted into a Grim Shield

All Resistances +19

Mercenary Items :

1: Duriel's Shell
Cuirass
Defense: 1007
Durability: 126 of 126
Fingerprint: 0xb60abbe1
+15 to Strength
+198% Enhanced Defense
Fire Resist +20%
Lightning Resist +20%
Cold Resist +50%
Poison Resist +20%
+100 Maximum Durability
Cannot Be Frozen
+102 to Defense (Based on Character Level)
+82 to Life (Based on Character Level)
Ethereal (Cannot be Repaired), Socketed (1: 1 used)

Perfect Topaz
Inserted into a Cuirass

2: Rockstopper
Sallet
Defense: 182
Required Strength: 43
Required Level: 31
Fingerprint: 0xa9fc97f8
+15 to Vitality
+189% Enhanced Defense
Damage Reduced by 10%
Fire Resist +24%
Lightning Resist +21%
Cold Resist +32%
30% Faster Hit Recovery

Perfect Topaz
Inserted into a Sallet

3: The Reaper's Toll
Thresher
Two-Hand Damage: 40 to 475
Durability: 65 of 65
Required Dexterity: 89
Required Strength: 114
Required Level: 75
Fingerprint: 0xcfb96be5
+237% Enhanced Damage
Adds 4-44 cold damage over 1 seconds
12% Life stolen per hit
Requirements -25%
Ignore Target Defense
33% Deadly Strike
33% Chance to cast Level 1 Decrepify on striking

She took me little over three weeks, and I guess that's only because I have so much time to play at the moment. I had some help along the way though. A little misplanning (but that's not unusual for me 😁 ). No msn, no forum, just Kitaro and the game...

Ana

Originally posted by Are on Sep 27, 2006:

My first 1.11 Matriarch :)

Hi all :) I recently started playing Diablo II again, after a very long hiatus (I hadn't played since the 1.09 days). All of my old characters were highly unoptimalized (for instance, my Barbarian had about 7-8 skill points in both Axe Mastery and Sword Mastery, despite dual-wielding swords...), so I wanted to create an optimalized character for a change. The choice fell on Sorceress, which I hadn't played before.

After looking through these forums, I decided upon a Frozen Orb/Meteor build, gave my newly-created Sorceress a bunch of items my other characters had found, and got started on Xandra's career.

I played through Normal and Nightmare with the Players 8 setting (only changing to Players 1 for NM Ancients), which led me to finish Normal difficulty at Level 48, and Nightmare difficulty at Level 75. As things had gone very easily up until that point (not to mention blasting people with Frozen Orbs is quite amusing!) I decided to try to keep Players 8 into Hell difficulty. I quickly gave up that plan; it just took way too much time to kill even the otherwise easily dealt-with monsters. Cold Plains in Act I was the last area I cleared out with the Players 8 setting.

Hell difficulty in general was pretty troublesome, especially those monsters that spawned with Fire Immunity, Cold Immunity, and Stone Skin, as my merc had big trouble dealing damage to them faster than they regenerated life. Once I discovered the stunning part of Telekinesis, thanks to my previous thread on this forum, this went a lot easier, and while clearing out every area of the game I only skipped one monster (an FI,CI,SS I met before learning Telekinesis was good). I also realized Static Field was a wonderful and amazing tool for dealing with the Bosses much faster than anyone should be allowed to :)

I finally reached the Arreat Summit, expecting a very tough fight with the Ancients, and got a slightly less tough fight than expected. They all spawned with Fire Immunity, but since Frozen Orb is my weapon of choice that wasn't a big problem. One spawned with Cold Immunity as well, which meant I had to keep my Mercenary alive at all costs. The two non-CIs went down reasonably quickly, which left my Merc alone against the last one, aside from me using Static Field and Telekinesis. He killed him in the end (thankfully not also Stone Skinned), and I proceded to the Worldstone Keep.

I was in for a huge surprise there.. The Keep was a lot more lethal than in 1.09, and also a lot more lethal than any of the previous areas. My character's 3rd and 4th career deaths happened in WSK L1 (the first two were in the Maggot Lair and Upper Kurast, both also in Hell difficulty). I finally got my way down to the Throne of Destruction, which was much easier than I thought it would be, after WSK. It seemed like the Minions of Destruction didn't deal any damage at all to my Merc, so they may have been bugged.. In any case, the fight with Baal came shortly thereafter, and he went down after some work. Xandra was finally crowned Matriarch, at Level 85 :)

On the way, she got some decent drops both in terms of Uniques and Sets: Aldur's Deception from Baal, Razor's Edge from one of the Council Members in Durance of Hate L3, Ormus' Robes from a Unique Doom Caster in the Plains of Despair, and Arkaine's Valor from a Unique Corpse Spitter in City of the Damned. The highest level Rune she found was an Um Rune, but I don't remember which monster dropped it. It was definitely NOT the Countess, who dropped El Runes both in Normal, NM and Hell :)

Skill Setup (base skill points; Fire skills have +8, other skills have +7):
----------
20 Frozen Orb
20 Meteor
16 Fire Ball
16 Fire Mastery
10 Cold Mastery
2 Warmth
1 Static Field
1 Teleport
1 Telekinesis
9 [1 each of the various required skills for Frozen Orb and Meteor]

Base Attributes:
---------------
Strength 66, Dexterity 49, Vitality 275, Energy 125

Equipment:
----------
The Oculus
Peasant Crown
Skin of the Vipermagi
"Splendor" Grim Shield
Magefist
Waterwalk
Nightsmoke (Upgraded to Mesh Belt)
Manald Heal
Rare Amulet (+1 Sorc Skills, +20 Res All, +4 Replenish Life, +57 Life)
Rare Ring (10% Faster Cast, +11 Res All, +6 Res Poison/Fire)
A bunch of magical charms for resistances and MF

Mercenary:
----------
Nightmare Act 2 Holy Freeze (Durga) with Duriel's Shell, Stealskull, and Husoldal Evo

Originally posted by Bizurker on May 1, 2010:

Matriarch Halliwell: 1st Mat, Blizzballer

Introduction:
This is my first Mat since my 1.13 restart, and my first character in the 1.13 ladder. My typical sorc is usually Orb/Lightning, so this was a very different experience. In case someone asks, Halliwell is the last name of the three witches on the old show Charmed.

Stats:
Level: 87
Str: 156/168
Dex: 25/39
Vit: 309/355
Ene: 35/47
Life: 784/1028
Mana: 207/543
All Res: 75+

Gear:
Helm: Shako
Armor: "Smoke" in Trellised Armor
Gloves: Laying of Hands (needed fire res)
Belt: Credendum
Boots:Nat's boots
Primary: 31 FCR spirit sword / 32 FCR Spirit Monarch
Switch: Ali Baba / Milabrega's Orb
Jewelery: 20 all res Amulet / 22 Fire res ring / 20 cold 11 Lite 18 Poi res ring
Charms: 114 life total, 7 poison res, Gheeds

Skills:
Blizzard/Fireball/Ice Blast: 20/26
Firebolt and Icebolt: 12 and 16 (future points between these two)
1 Pointers: typical pre-reqs and utility skills

Merc:
A2 Normal Combat: Emilio
Armor: "Lionheart" Sharktooth Armor (for the strength and res)
Helm: Blackhorn's Face
Weapon: "Insight" (16) Colossus Voulge

Finds:
All of the gear that I have found so far, 245 S/Us. Best are Eschuta's, Shadow Killer (3), Thunderstroke, Drac's, Eaglehorn, Windhammer, IK Maul (3)
NM and Hell forges were both Um.

Gameplay:
Since I've never done a blizzard sorc before, getting used to the skills took some time. I went for the ice blast synergy so I'd have a powerful spam-able cold skill, that I rarely used anyways. If I get another respec, I will switch to Glacial Spike to make Pindle/AT runs a little safer for the Merc. Speaking of the Merc, I know he doesn't have any leech on him; forgot to switch Blackhorn's for Tal's when I was finished Mephy running. Quite a few deaths, most before I got good gear; I tend to play too much air guitar during D2, so that doesn't really help either.

Future Plans:
Halliwell will be my primary Mephy runner for a while, most likely adding in some AT and Pindle runs. Taking a break from her for a little while, until I get my Council running Barb going.
I'm also planning to do two septs (yes, I'm crazy). One will be based around the class-specific sets, and the other will be Star Wars themed characters.

Thanks for reading. Any comments will be appreciated.

PS. I did take screenshots while I was playing, I'm just too lazy to upload them from my other computer, then find all of the links to put in here. If everyone thinks I should add them, I will.

Originally posted by BKC on Feb 5, 2017:

First Matriarch - Meteorbin

Hello all,

i just finished hell with my sorceress. Meet Meteorbin:

Code:
Name:       Meteorbin
Experience: 1340038706
Level:      87

Naked/Gear
Strength:   141/163
Dexterity:  45/47
Vitality:   294/338
Energy:     35/57
HP:         754/1046
Mana:       207/434
Stamina:    444/444
Defense:    11/1089
AR:         175/239

Fire:       204/164/104
Cold:       210/170/110
Lightning:  137/97/37
Poison:     191/151/91

MF:         300       Block:      7
GF:         293
FR/W:       20
FHR:        55
IAS:        10
FCR:        65

Fire Bolt: 3/10
Warmth: 1/8
Inferno: 1/8
Blaze: 1/8
Fire Ball: 20/27
Fire Wall: 1/8
Enchant: 0/0
Meteor: 20/27
Fire Mastery: 16/23
Hydra: 0/0

Charged Bolt: 0/0
Static Field: 1/8
Telekinesis: 1/8
Nova: 0/0
Lightning: 0/0
Chain Lightning: 0/0
Teleport: 1/8
Thunder Storm: 0/0
Energy Shield: 0/0
Lightning Mastery: 0/0

Ice Bolt: 1/8
Frozen Armor: 1/8
Frost Nova: 1/8
Ice Blast: 1/8
Shiver Armor: 1/8
Glacial Spike: 1/8
Blizzard: 1/8
Chilling Armor: 0/0
Frozen Orb: 20/27
Cold Mastery: 5/12

Tome of Town Portal
Fingerprint: 0x3ac09801

Emerald Small Charm of Good Luck
Small Charm
Required Level: 33
Fingerprint: 0xfd79425d
Poison Resist +10%
6% Better Chance of Getting Magic Items

Small Charm of Good Luck
Small Charm
Fingerprint: 0x9b956236

Ruby Large Charm of Sustenance
Large Charm
Fingerprint: 0x1784b399
Item Level: 74
+18 to Life
Fire Resist +14%

Jade Grand Charm of Sustenance
Grand Charm
Fingerprint: 0xe0e10c1f
Item Level: 78
+25 to Life
Poison Resist +22%

Garnet Grand Charm
Grand Charm
Fingerprint: 0xff193f9e
Item Level: 22
Fire Resist +24%

Russet Small Charm of Shock
Small Charm
Fingerprint: 0x748bc88a
Item Level: 7
Adds 1 - 6 Lightning Damage
Fire Resist +7%

Small Charm of Good Luck
Small Charm
Fingerprint: 0x23a26021

Small Charm of Good Luck
Small Charm
Fingerprint: 0xa591ea57

Russet Grand Charm of Strength
Grand Charm
Fingerprint: 0x79b00199
+5 to Strength
Fire Resist +19%

Tome of Identify
Fingerprint: 0x3bdc3078

Small Charm of Good Luck
Small Charm
Fingerprint: 0xb9df1298

Horadric Cube
Fingerprint: 0x7b28f5cc
Item Level: 13

Small Charm of Good Luck
Small Charm
Fingerprint: 0x3384c3f8

Key
Fingerprint: 0x43438a76
Item Level: 92

Harlequin Crest
Shako
Defense: 106
Fingerprint: 0xed601639
+2 to All Skills
All Stats +2
+130 to Life (Based on Character Level)
+130 to Mana (Based on Character Level)
Damage Reduced by 10%
74% Better Chance of Getting Magic Items
1 Sockets (1 used)
Socketed: Perfect Topaz

Perfect Topaz
Weapons: Adds 1 - 40 Lightning Damage
Armor: 24% Better Chance of Getting Magic Items
Shields: Lightning Resist +40%

Skull Scarab
Amulet
Required Level: 30
Fingerprint: 0x4f8a55df
Adds 1 - 4 Fire Damage
Cold Resist +30%
All Resistances +9
Fire Resist +22%
20% Better Chance of Getting Magic Items

Duriel's Shell
Cuirass
Defense: 700
Durability: 149 of 150
Fingerprint: 0x8e8e8b54
Item Level: 57
+192% Enhanced Defense
+108 Defense (Based on Character Level)
+15 to Strength
+87 to Life (Based on Character Level)
Cold Resist +30%
All Resistances +20
Cannot Be Frozen
+100 Maximum Durability

Ghoul Master
Ring
Required Level: 60
Fingerprint: 0x5733618b
4% Life stolen per hit
+32 to Life
Cold Resist +14%
Lightning Resist +10%
Poison Resist +25%
11% Better Chance of Getting Magic Items

Dread Touch
Ring
Required Level: 9
Fingerprint: 0xea4cb6e5
Item Level: 62
+29 to Attack Rating
Replenish Life +4
Poison Resist +20%
26% Extra Gold from Monsters

Goldwrap
Battle Belt
Defense: 77
Required Level: 30
Required Strength: **
Fingerprint: 0xf30bdc1d
+10% Increased Attack Speed
+43% Enhanced Defense
+25 Defense
67% Extra Gold from Monsters
+2 to Light Radius
Required Level +5

Chance Guards
Chain Gloves
Defense: 27
Fingerprint: 0x7b3a1b89
+25 to Attack Rating
+20% Enhanced Defense
+15 Defense
200% Extra Gold from Monsters
38% Better Chance of Getting Magic Items
+2 to Light Radius

Small Charm of Good Luck
Small Charm
Fingerprint: 0x183278b6

Small Charm of Good Luck
Small Charm
Fingerprint: 0xec80063c

Super Healing Potion
Replenish Life +320

Super Healing Potion
Replenish Life +320

Super Healing Potion
Replenish Life +320

Super Healing Potion
Replenish Life +320

Insight
Superior Battle Staff
RalTirTalSol
Two Hand Damage: 28 - 42
Durability: 44 of 44
Fingerprint: 0xa1d4f03c
Level 16 Meditation Aura When Equipped
+35% Faster Cast Rate
224% Enhanced Damage
+9 to Minimum Damage
197% Bonus to Attack Rating
+2 to Attack Rating
Adds 5 - 30 Fire Damage
Adds 75 Poison Damage Over 5 Secs (125 Frames)
+5 to Critical Strike
All Stats +5
Increase Maximum Durability 12%
4 Sockets (4 used)

Ral Rune
Weapons: Adds 5 - 30 Fire Damage
Armor: Fire Resist +30%
Shields: Fire Resist +35%

Tir Rune
Weapons: +2 to Mana after each Kill
Armor: +2 to Mana after each Kill
Shields: +2 to Mana after each Kill

Tal Rune
Weapons: Adds 75 Poison Damage Over 5 Secs (125 Frames)
Armor: Poison Resist +30%
Shields: Poison Resist +35%

Sol Rune
Weapons: +9 to Minimum Damage
Armor: Damage Reduced by 7
Shields: Damage Reduced by 7

Doom Trample
Greaves
Defense: 31
Durability: 23 of 24
Required Strength: 70
Fingerprint: 0x1c82a788
+20% Faster Run/Walk
+94% Enhanced Defense
Cold Resist +22%
Fire Resist +39%
18% Better Chance of Getting Magic Items

Tangerine Grand Charm
Grand Charm
Required Level: 1
Fingerprint: 0x8a0887ce
Item Level: 30
Lightning Resist +13%

Super Mana Potion
Replenishes Mana 250%

Super Mana Potion
Replenishes Mana 250%

Super Mana Potion
Replenishes Mana 250%

Super Mana Potion
Replenishes Mana 250%

Doom Pelt
Gothic Plate
Defense: 259
Durability: 45 of 55
Required Strength: 70
Fingerprint: 0xb277e2a
Unidentified
+91% Enhanced Defense
+14 to Life
Magic Damage Reduced by 2
Poison Length Reduced by 75%

Super Healing Potion
Replenish Life +320

Super Healing Potion
Replenish Life +320

Super Healing Potion
Replenish Life +320

Super Healing Potion
Replenish Life +320

Super Mana Potion
Replenishes Mana 250%

Super Mana Potion
Replenishes Mana 250%

Super Mana Potion
Replenishes Mana 250%

Super Mana Potion
Replenishes Mana 250%

The Oculus
Swirling Crystal
One Hand Damage: 18 - 42
Fingerprint: 0x2e01f39c
Item Level: 62
25% Chance to cast level 1 Teleport when struck
+3 to Sorceress Skill Levels
+30% Faster Cast Rate
+20% Enhanced Defense
+20 to Vitality
+20 to Energy
All Resistances +20
+5 to Mana after each Kill
50% Better Chance of Getting Magic Items

Spirit
Monarch
TalThulOrtAmn
Defense: 137
Chance to Block: 0
Durability: 86 of 86
Fingerprint: 0xb9c4610b
Item Level: 79
+2 to All Skills
+35% Faster Cast Rate
+55% Faster Hit Recovery
+250 Defense vs. Missile
+22 to Vitality
+97 to Mana
Cold Resist +35%
Lightning Resist +35%
Poison Resist +35%
+3 Magic Absorb
4 Sockets (4 used)
Socketed: Thul Rune
Socketed: Ort Rune
Socketed: Amn Rune

Tal Rune

Thul Rune
Weapons: Adds 3 - 14 Cold Damage Over 3 Secs (75 Frames)
Armor: Cold Resist +30%
Shields: Cold Resist +35%

Ort Rune
Required Level: 21
Weapons: Adds 1 - 50 Lightning Damage
Armor: Lightning Resist +30%
Shields: Lightning Resist +35%

Amn Rune
Required Level: 25
Weapons: 7% Life stolen per hit
Armor: Attacker Takes Damage of 14
Shields: Attacker Takes Damage of 14

Mercenary:

Name:       Fazel
Race:       Desert Mercenary
Type:       Comb-Normal
Experience: 73274132
Level:      87
Dead?:      false

Naked/Gear
Strength:   194/199
Dexterity:  157/162
HP:         1910/2030
Defense:    1402/2144
AR:         2000/476000

Fire:       169/129/69
Cold:       169/129/69
Lightning:  169/129/69
Poison:    169/129/69

Shaftstop
Mesh Armor
Defense: 637
Durability: 41 of 45
Required Level: 38
Required Strength: 92
Fingerprint: 0x19d7f0bf
+198% Enhanced Defense
+250 Defense vs. Missile
+60 to Life
Damage Reduced by 30%

Death Mask
Defense: 105
Durability: 15 of 20
Fingerprint: 0x3e5952fd
10% Mana stolen per hit
10% Life stolen per hit
+45 Defense
+60 to Life
+30 to Mana
All Resistances +15

Insight
Thresher
RalTirTalSol
Two Hand Damage: 52 - 507
Durability: 41 of 65
Required Strength: 152
Required Dexterity: 118
Fingerprint: 0xc99a92c3
Level 13 Meditation Aura When Equipped
+35% Faster Cast Rate
260% Enhanced Damage
+9 to Minimum Damage
237% Bonus to Attack Rating
Adds 5 - 30 Fire Damage
Adds 75 Poison Damage Over 5 Secs (125 Frames)
+2 to Critical Strike
All Stats +5
4 Sockets (4 used)

Ral Rune
Weapons: Adds 5 - 30 Fire Damage
Armor: Fire Resist +30%
Shields: Fire Resist +35%

Tir Rune
Weapons: +2 to Mana after each Kill
Armor: +2 to Mana after each Kill
Shields: +2 to Mana after each Kill

Tal Rune

Sol Rune
Weapons: +9 to Minimum Damage
Armor: Damage Reduced by 7
Shields: Damage Reduced by 7

I am planning on keep running RoF and LK with her (next to meph, pindle and andy). Maybe some AT runes in the mix. I still have a lot of gear to dig up so this will not be the end of her. She is untwinked so i might even add her to the Untwinked 99 tourney. For now my main goal is 88 and more MF :)

Next up... not sure. I think Poison_Vic

Originally posted by bodis on Jan 20, 2008:

Matriarch Enya - Blizzballer

Well, I was gonna post her when she is L95, but its going quite slow atm :)

So here she is

Matriarch Enya

L93 Blizzballer

I will not go into detail too much as everyone has seen one already.

Fire ball 20
fire bolt 11
Warmth and mastery 1

Cold:
Blizz and Glacial 20
Blast 17
Bolt 1
Mastery 9

Usual lightning 1 each

Gear:
DF+ facet
NWVeil + Facet
Ormus Robes + Facet
Sanctuary
2xSoJ
Waterwalk
Arachnid
Frostburn
Crafted ammy +2, 10FCR, 19res all
CtA on switch
3X chilling, hopefully will be 6 after the auction
2X shimmering of Vita

I think that about it, ohh blizz damage ~7000

HF drops - bleep, bleep, bleep

However - 5k Pindle runs payed off - Eth death cleaver, Darkforce Spawn, Mang Song's, IKSC, -19 Griffons - which ultimately encouraged me building my first pure lit sorc

I will however come back to her later and will try to go to L99, will see which one of the two will handle WSK better.

Originally posted by buraz on Apr 4, 2008:

Matriarch Perzeida, meteorb sorc

Okay, its been a while since I matted her, and since Baalathon is over, I think its time to write down her life. This is my second mat ever, and I must confess, that I made her in a hurry: Almost whole game was passed in MP games. I feel a bit guilty bout that, but if I hadn`t done that, I would never participate in a Baalathon.

Shi died few times in normal & NM, mostly cause I put to many FRW charms on her, and she bumped into monsters. It was so much easy to play her in hell (until act 3 I played alone) unlike it was with my first mat, blizzsorc.

Level: 92

Strength: 132 (156)
Dexterity: 205 (225)
Vitality: 161 (193)
Energy: 35 (52)
-17 unussed points

Life: 944
Mana: 712

Skills:

fire tree:
Fireball: 20 (30)
Meteor: 20 (30)
Fire Mastery: 19 (31)
Prerequisits: 1 (11) -firebolt, warmth, inferno, blaze, fire wall

cold tree:
Frozen orb: 20 (29)
Cold Mmastery: 11 (22)
Preraqusits: 1 (10) - ice bolt, ice blast, GS, blizzard, frost nove

Lightning tree:
1point in static, telekinezis & Teleport (10)

-0 unussed points

Equipment:
I originally made her wear Vipermagi & Stormshield, and go for max block, but after a while I realised that I haven`t got enough FCR for teleporting, so I switched to Tals set + Spirit. We could say I messed her up, since my blocking now isn`t perfect, but I like hearing that blocking sound now & then 😁

Code:
Tal Rasha's Lidless Eye
Swirling Crystal
One-Hand Damage: 18 to 42
(Sorceress Only)
Orb Class - Slow Attack Speed
Fingerprint: 0xf6e36b0f
+10 to Energy
+57 to Life
+77 to Mana
20% Faster Cast Rate
+2 to Fire Mastery (Sorceress Only)
+2 to Lightning Mastery (Sorceress Only)
+2 to Cold Mastery (Sorceress Only)

+1 to Sorceress Skill Levels
-15% to Enemy Fire Resistance
-15% to Enemy Lightning Resistance
+15% to Cold Skill Damage

Tal Rasha's Guardianship
Lacquered Plate
Defense: 859
Durability: 55 of 55
Required Strength: 83
Required Level: 71
Fingerprint: 0x775e4d30
+400 Defense
Magic Damage Reduced by 15
Fire Resist +40%
Lightning Resist +40%
Cold Resist +40%
112% Better Chance of Getting Magic Items
Requirements -60%

10% Faster Cast Rate

Perfect Topaz
Inserted into a Lacquered Plate

Death Mask
Defense: 123
Fingerprint: 0xbd860779
+60 to Life
+30 to Mana
+45 Defense
All Resistances +15
10% Life stolen per hit
10% Mana stolen per hit

Perfect Topaz
Inserted into a Death Mask

Tal Rasha's Adjudication
Amulet
Fingerprint: 0xc3c67a2f
+50 to Life
+42 to Mana
Lightning Resist +33%
Adds 3-32 lightning damage

10% Faster Cast Rate

Tal Rasha's Fine-Spun Cloth
Mesh Belt
Defense: 98
Required Strength: 46
Fingerprint: 0x20002ec2
+20 to Dexterity
+30 to Mana
12% Better Chance of Getting Magic Items
Requirements -20%
37% Damage Taken Goes to Mana

+60 Defense
10% Faster Cast Rate

Spirit
Monarch
'TalThulOrtAmn'
Defense: 139
Chance to Block:  42%
Durability: 85 of 86
Fingerprint: 0x32b4bb88
+22 to Vitality
+104 to Mana
+250 Defense vs. Missile
Lightning Resist +35%
Cold Resist +35%
Poison Resist +35%
55% Faster Hit Recovery
29% Faster Cast Rate
+2 to All Skill Levels
+5 Magic Absorb

War Traveler
Battle Boots
Defense: 137
Durability: 47 of 48
Required Strength: 95
Fingerprint: 0xc3c164ec
+10 to Strength
+10 to Vitality
+186% Enhanced Defense
+15 to Minimum Damage
+25 to Maximum Damage
+30 Maximum Durability
Attacker Takes Damage of 9
47% Better Chance of Getting Magic Items
25% Faster Run/Walk
40% Slower Stamina Drain

Magefist
Light Gauntlets
Defense: 25
Fingerprint: 0xf33599ed
+26% Enhanced Defense
Regenerate Mana 25%
+10 Defense
Adds 1-6 fire damage
20% Faster Cast Rate
+1 to Fire Skills

The Stone of Jordan
Ring
Fingerprint: 0x20898f01
+20 to Mana
Adds 1-12 lightning damage
Increase Maximum Mana 25%
+1 to All Skill Levels

Blood Hold
Ring
Required Level: 48
Item Level: 84
Fingerprint: 0x2907d9db
+7 to Energy
+65 to Attack Rating
All Resistances +10
9% Better Chance of Getting Magic Items
10% Faster Cast Rate

on switch:
Gull
Dagger
One-Hand Damage: 2 to 19
Required Level: 4
Dagger Class - Fast Attack Speed
Item Level: 27
Fingerprint: 0x88730c59
-5 to Mana
+1 to Minimum Damage
+15 to Maximum Damage
100% Better Chance of Getting Magic Items

Rhyme
Grim Shield
'ShaelEth'
Defense: 129
Chance to Block:  60%
Durability: 70 of 70
Item Level: 47
Fingerprint: 0xb5c20d6f
+20% Increased Chance of Blocking
Regenerate Mana 15%
All Resistances +25
50% Extra Gold from Monsters
40% Faster Block Rate
Cannot Be Frozen
Socketed (2: 2 used)

through whole mid level game I used 2 SOJ`s and I must say that it was great having no problem with mana at all!
I managed to lost a perfect Gheeds when playing with her, still am not aware how :cry:. I hope that I will find it bumped into some stash someday.

Charms:
Code:
Emerald Small Charm of Vita
Item Level: 71
Fingerprint: 0xeac4ec03
+16 to Life
Poison Resist +10%

Viridian Small Charm of Fortune
Item Level: 58
Fingerprint: 0xd420bd34
Poison Resist +6%

Small Charm of Good Luck
Fingerprint: 0x169d55a1

Viridian Large Charm of Sustenance
Item Level: 39
Fingerprint: 0x36bd12e2
+19 to Life
Poison Resist +10%

Russet Small Charm of Vita
Item Level: 68
Fingerprint: 0x85a115e0
+18 to Life
Fire Resist +7%

Small Charm of Good Luck
Fingerprint: 0x6d141dfe

Small Charm of Fortune
Fingerprint: 0x9629ce3c

Jade Small Charm of Vita
Item Level: 73
Fingerprint: 0xdb544c2
+17 to Life
Poison Resist +9%

Small Charm of Fortune
Fingerprint: 0x11c56b8b
3% Better Chance of Getting Magic Items

Shimmering Small Charm of Inertia
Fingerprint: 0x35a4cae7
All Resistances +4
3% Faster Run/Walk

Ruby Small Charm of Inertia
Fingerprint: 0xd8a6a6a9
Fire Resist +11%
3% Faster Run/Walk

Stalwart Small Charm of Fortune
Required Level: 40
Fingerprint: 0x3a26fcf8
+25 Defense
4% Better Chance of Getting Magic Items

Small Charm of Fortune
Fingerprint: 0xd0a8fdfe

Bronze Small Charm of Fortune
Fingerprint: 0x305873e7
+3 to Attack Rating
4% Better Chance of Getting Magic Items

Snake's Large Charm of Strength
Required Level: 25
Fingerprint: 0x394e7189
+4 to Strength
+23 to Mana

Iron Large Charm of Strength
Required Level: 26
Fingerprint: 0xe333fc1
+5 to Strength
+45 to Attack Rating

Ruby Small Charm
Fingerprint: 0xbccbdb2e
Fire Resist +11%

Lucky Grand Charm of Strength
Fingerprint: 0x42e7d555
+5 to Strength

Gheed's Fortune
Grand Charm
Fingerprint: 0x912998b4
129% Extra Gold from Monsters
34% Better Chance of Getting Magic Items
Reduces All Vendor Prices 15%

Resistances:
All are 75

Damage:
Meteor: 11702-12246
Fireball: 4882-5378
Frozen orb: 459-482

I found a bit hard to hit an enemy with a meteor, and I use more fireball, so I feel sorry that I havent putted more points in a fire bolt. But meteor is nice when it hits enemies, and also fire that comes after it works fine (speccialy with baal minions when I knew where they were spawning).

Notable finds:
Since I have got this sorc a while, I`m not quite sure all finds, but I think she found Pul rune in NM A5, and Tals armor & ammy from Baaling.

Future plans:
I think she will run Andy & Meph, and maybe pits, but am not sure yet.

She will sleep at home for a while 😁

edit:
Forgot to say she uses Act 2 holy freeze merc with following equipment:
Code:
Andariel's Visage
Demonhead
Defense: 354
Required Strength: 102
Required Level: 83
Fingerprint: 0xa2b9b34a
+29 to Strength
+129% Enhanced Defense
+1 to Minimum Damage
Fire Resist +0%
Poison Resist +70%
+10% to Maximum Poison Resist
8% Life stolen per hit
20% Increased Attack Speed
+2 to All Skill Levels
15% Chance to cast Level 15 Poison Nova when struck
Level 3 Venom (20/20 Charges)

Ruby Jewel of Joyfulness
Fingerprint: 0xd327fd6f
+1 to Minimum Damage
Fire Resist +30%

Duriel's Shell
Cuirass
Defense: 689
Durability: 25 of 150
Fingerprint: 0x5a14e755
+15 to Strength
+183% Enhanced Defense
Fire Resist +20%
Lightning Resist +20%
Cold Resist +50%
Poison Resist +20%
+100 Maximum Durability
Cannot Be Frozen
+115 to Defense (Based on Character Level)
+92 to Life (Based on Character Level)

The Reaper's Toll
Thresher
Two-Hand Damage: 39 to 468
Durability: 44 of 65
Required Dexterity: 89
Required Strength: 114
Required Level: 75
Fingerprint: 0xb693c2ca
+232% Enhanced Damage
Adds 4-44 cold damage over 2 seconds
15% Life stolen per hit
Requirements -25%
Ignore Target Defense
33% Deadly Strike
33% Chance to cast Level 1 Decrepify on striking

Originally posted by Cattleya on Jul 8, 2005:

Matriarch Anala (FO/FB Sorceress)

Anala is my Pit/Countess runner, and her story actually starts in Act II Hell. Orignially, I had never planned to play her past the Pit, but I have decided to retire her after the upcoming MFO. It seemed only right that I actually mat her first, and let her run her last MFO as a Matriarch. Taking a level 87 character through Hell is a lot easier than a lower level character. She managed to get through the rest of the game with only one death, to an FE beetle pack in the Maggot Lair. Her biggest challenge was rescuing Anya, as the Gloams in the Frozen River were brutal. (For some reason the Gloams in the Throne Room just didn't seem to pack the same punch.)

She took on the Ancients first try, without re-rolling. I didn't check out their mods (I never let them get close enough for it to really be an issue) but they must not have been too nasty. There was a fanatasism aura in the bunch, however. Anala confirmed what I learned with Pheonix and the Ancients: Teleport + a Rogue merc = A Bunch of Dead Babas.

Baals minions weren't too bad, with an FELE Bartuc giving her the most challenge. Baal put up a fight, with lots of teleporting and 2 clones, but in the end he went down and dropped utter crap. (Low end blues, yellows, a unique sabre and an El rune.)

Oh, and Hellforge gave her a Ko, meaning that I still have never seen a rune over Lem. (I was hoping for a Pul rune for the merc's bow.)

Interesting Finds along the way included BK's Sacred Charge and and Executioner's Justice.

Stats and Equipment

Resistances in Hell:
46/49/69/30

Stats (With Equipment)
Level: 88
Strength: 71
Dexterity: 234
Vitality: 203 (Life: 755)
Energy: 71 (Mana: 500)
Remaining Stat Points: 5

Damage
Fireball: 2542-2828
Frozen Orb: 340-357

Skill Point Allocation *hard points (with + skills) [prebuff]*

Cold Tree
Prerequisites : 1
Frozen Armor: 1 (6) [12]
Frozen Orb: 20 (25)
Cold Mastery: 20 (25)

Lightning Tree:
Static Field: 1(6)
Telekinesis: 1 (6)
Teleport: 1 (6)
Energy Shield 0 (0) [11]

Fire Tree:
Warmth: 1 (7)
Fire Bolt: 20
Fire Ball: 20 (26)
Fire Mastery: 9 (15)

Equipment
Harly with a Fire Resist/+Strenght rare jewel
Skin of the Vipermagi with a PTopaz
Tal Rasha's Betl
Magefist Gloves
Natalya's Boots
Tal Rasha's Amulet
29% Naglering
31% MF Ring/Nature's Peace
Blade of Alibaba socketed with resist jewels
Rhyme Bone Shield
+3 Frozen Armor Memory Staff on Switch

Charms: MF charms, a low-end Gheeds, and a couple of resist charms.

Total MF 306%

Equipment - Mercenary
Shaftstop
Blackhorn's Face
Witchwild String Bow (2 x Shael)

Originally posted by Cattleya on Apr 28, 2007:

Matriarchs Deborah and Tyiana

I figured I'd do these two together since they are both single tree sorcs, and it was interesting comparing how fire and cold worked throughout the game.

Tyiana got her start in the Race to Baal Tourney. At the time, I figured she's be a good NM Andy runner, and I never actually intended for her to head past Act 1 NM. After getting frustrated looking for the elusive SoJ, I decided to mat her. She pretty much teleported through hell, hitting the WSK WP in the high 60s. She then went to the Mausoleum to level up. I knew that once she killed Baal, I would want to send her back to NM, where she wouldn't really be able to level any more. She needed to be level 84 to max out her fire skills, so that was the goal. At level 80, I cubed up all of my junk jewelry. The results were almost completely junk, but she did get a Glacial Amulet of Luck. She got put on hold while I went to build my Blizz sorc.

Deborah was actually created when 1.11 first came out. I had a really hard time pushing her through the early levels, and she sat in Act 1 for a year and a half until that amulet motivated me to get her going.

Both sorcs did okay until they got into the later parts of NM, where immunes started popping up. The only real problem was Tyiana in the Chaos Sanctuary, which took forever to clear out.

Hell was interesting, because they both had their strengths and weaknesses. Deborah won out for being the most frustrating to quest with. Tyiana had issues with the Chaos Sanctuary in Hell, and Deborah had ISSUES with the Chaos Sanctuary in Hell. Apparently, having the OK's immune to your attack is worse than the Doom Knights. I honestly figured it would be the other way around. Deborah hit other snags. It took her 3 attempts to clear out the Den of Evil. (I finally ditched her holy freeze merc for a Fire Rogue, who could actually kill Corpsefire without dying.) Other problem quests for Deborah were the Claw Viper temple, Lam Esson's Tomb, and of course, Anya.

Tyiana had three big advantages though. The first was the extra breakpoint for teleport (Tyiana was at the 8 frame bp and Deborah was at 9 frames ). The second was better FHR. (I stole her Vipermagi for another character back when she was Andy running and replaced it with a Stealth. I actually decided I liked it better for Andy running because of the FRW (cut down the time in town quite a bit) and the FHR (I tank Andy when I run her.) Even though I have several Vipermagis now, I still like the Stealth on her. The third advantage was a +3 Frozen Orb orb on switch. I was pretty impressed at how well it worked on many FI monsters. It was slow, but helped the merc quite a bit. I suppose I could have done something similar with Deborah and firewall, but firewall is just too hard to use, and the Rogue merc meant I couldn't hold monsters in place.

Deborah was the clear winner when it came to the ability to level. She spent time in the Ancient Tunnels and with Meph, and it wasn't hard to get her into the mid 80s. The only place I could really level Tyiana up was the Mausoleum. I really don't like running the Mausoleum, so leveling her just felt like work. She did manage some nice stuff in the Mausoleum. She picked up Trang's Belt, a Harly, and a +1 Paladin Skills/24 DR amulet.

They had nearly identical experiences with the Ancients. The first two went down quickly, and the immune one took forever for the merc to kill, but didn't really pose any danger.

Deborah had some issues in the WSK, again because she sucked at teleporting. The throne didn't have any cold immunes, though, so from there it was smooth sailing. She took down Baal's minions and Baal himself pretty easily.

I was really dreading the WSK and Baal's minions with Tyiana. The WSK3 was blessedly free of fire immunes, but the throne room had both Assailants and Doom Knights which were FI. (The dolls and OKs were not an issue, they generally melted with a fireball or two.) It was slow going, but there was never any sense that she wouldn't make it. The Frozen Orb switch worked pretty well here. There weren't any issues with the waves. Frozen Orb took care of wave 1, and waves 2+3 went down to meteor and fireball. The high fire resistance of wave 4 made is slow, but spammed fireballs and the merc's OW took them down. Lister and Co got parked. 😁 Baal, as always, wasn't a big deal. Tyiana actually took him out faster the Deborah, but was mostly because I remembered to use static with her.

I love fire sorcs. Fireball is a very fun skill. However, the simple truth of the matter is that fire sorcs have a pretty limited usefulness. There's nothing they can do that another sorc can't do better. They make great NM Andy runners, mostly because a Blizz sorc, Meteorb, or CL/FO sorc would be wasted running in NM.

I don't like Blizzard as much. I don't like timered spells, and it's frustrating how often the Blizzard shards miss. However, it is a very effective killer, and she has lots of options for running. I've used her for Meph, the Ancient Tunnels, and Lower Kurast, and she's good at all of them. I think it would be hard to find a better MF character.

Tyiana will be heading back to Nightmare Andy. With her beefed up fire skills, hopefully Andy will see the light and drop that stupid SoJ. Deborah will probably spend some quality time with Hell Meph for a while, with some LK thrown in when I need a Meph break.

Notable finds for Tyiana:
196% ED Ethereal Duriel's Shell (Currently on my novaballer's merc)
Harlequin Crest
Glacial Amulet of Luck (cubed using the 3 rings > 1 amulet recipe)
Tal's Amulet
Telling of Beads
Vidala's Ambush
Tancred's Hobnails
Trang's Belt
+1 Paladin Skills/24 DR amulet
NM/Hell Forges: Dol/Hel

Notable finds for Deborah
163% ED Ethereal Duriels (the one used on her merc)
Mara's (21%)
35 RA Vipermagi
Vex Rune (LK)
Marshal's Amulet of the Whale (+3 Pally offensive/+96 life) (cubed using the 3 rings > 1 amulet recipe from rings found while LK running)
NM/Hell Forges: Fal/Gul

Now for the technical stuff:

Deborah - Level 85 Blizzard Sorc

Glacial Spike Damage: 836-889
Blizzard Damage: 3319-3518
Resistances: 75/38/75/44

Stats

Naked (With Equipment)
Strength: 97 (99)
Dexterity: 25 (30)
Vitality: 355 (357) 1058 Life
Energy: 35 (37) 456 Mana

Skills
Cold Tree
Ice Bolt 11 (18)
Frost Nova 1 (8)
Ice Blast 20 (27)
Glacial Spike 20 (27)
Blizzard 20 (27)
Cold Mastery 20 (27)

Fire Tree
Warmth 1 (5)

Lightning Tree
Static Field 1 (5)
Telekinesis 1 (5)
Teleport 1 (5)

Equipment
Harlequin Crest with P/topaz
Suicide Branch
Vipermagi (35 RA)
Moser's Blessed Circle
Chance Gaurds (40%)
Goldwrap (Upgraded)
Rare Boots (34%ED, + 2 Dex, LR 37%, FR 36%, 75% Extra Gold, 20% MF)
Glacial Amulet of Luck (+3 cold skills/29% MF)
Naglerings (30% and 28%)
Resist and mana charms

When running meph, the Vipermagi gets swapped for skulders, and the Mosers get's switched to a Lidless (to maintain 65% FCR for teleporting.) Ali Baba and Rhyme are used on switch for the Meph kill.

The Harlequin Crest was found very late in the game by Tyiana (Tyiana was at the WSK 2 WP, and Deborah was at the Ancients way.) It got shared between them. Now that they are done, it will probably stay with Deborah. Both of them had there own low end Tarnhelms before that. The Harly was the only equipment the shared.

Merc Equipment
She kept swapping mercs. I tried both a Holy Freeze (originally intended to be her main merc) and defiance, but even with pretty nice equipment, they got squished too easily. Perhaps an upgraded high end Hone Sudan or Kelpie would have made a difference, but all I had available were crummy roll non-upgraded versions. I had a Vampire Gaze, and tried both a Shaftstop, and an Ethereal Duriels.

Fire Rogue Equip:
Ethereal Duriel's
Vampire Gaze
Riphook/WWS (Depending on the situation)

Tyiana - Level 84 Fire Sorc

Fire Ball Damage: 5908-6572
Meteor Damage: 12K-13K

Resistances: -1/24/-1/16 (Yup, that's negative Fire and Lightning resist)

Stats

Naked (With Equipment)
Strength: 60 (67)
Dexterity: 210 (223)
Vitality: 190 (197) 815 Life
Energy: 50 (57) 394 Mana

Skills
Cold Tree
Nothing
(Level 8 with +skills FO on switch)

Fire Tree
Warmth 1 (7)
Inferno/Blaze/Firewall 1 (7)
Firebolt/Fireball/Meteor/Fire Mastery 20 (26)

Lightning Tree
Telekenisis 1 (6)
Static Field 6 (10)
Teleport 6 (10)
(The extra points TP were from the Race to Baal tourney. Like I said, I never though I'd mat her.)

Equipment
Harlequin Crest with P/topaz
Suicide Branch
Stealth Studded Leather Armor
Rhyme Bone Shield
Magefist
Goldwrap
Rare Boots (CR 19%, LR 6%, PLR 25%, 24% MF)
Mara's Kaleidoscope (21 RA) [She didn't get this until near the end. Before that she used a FR/MF magic amulet.]
Naglerings (27%)
Rare Ring (10%FCR, 78 AR, 1-2 Fire Damage, FR 6%, 9% MF)
Resist and life charms (She had a Gheed's for a while, but I swapped it out for a Cold Resist large charm because she kept getting owned by frost novas in the Mausoleum. She'll get the Gheed's back for Andy running.)

I'm not sure why she's still using that rare ring. I must have something more useful with 10% FCR in my stash.

Merc Equipment

Fire Rogue Equip:
Dureil's
Coif Of Glory (for the blind target)
Riphook

Originally posted by Cenerae on Mar 31, 2006:

First Matriarch

A slightly epic battle with baal's minions taking up near 2 hours (including time to get down there), followed by a somewhat anticlimatic clash with Baal (which took all of 2 minutes), and my first Matriarch has emerged from the fray. Maybe I was a little wimpy doing it all on /players 1, but any higher and I'd never have been able to do it :undecided:

The details, in case anyone's interested. Now I have to go make more characters get this far, or look at HC and start dying alot :azn:

Matriarch Faryn
Sorceress, lvl 80

Stats

Strength: 110
Dexterity: 25
Vitality: 235
Energy: 120
Health: 826 (after bonuses)
Mana: 784 (after bonuses)

Resistances (In Hell)

Fire: 75
Cold: 75
Lightning: 75
Poison: 70

Skills

Fire Tree

Firebolt: 4
Warmth: 1
Fireball: 20
Meteor: 20
Fire Mastery: 6
Pre-reqs: 1

Cold Tree

Frozen Armor: 1
Frozen Orb: 20
Cold Mastery: 8
Pre-reqs: 1

Lightning Tree

Static Field: 1
Telekenisis: 1
Teleport: 1

Equipment

Helm: Tal Rasha's Horadric Crest (Socketed with a Ptopaz)
Armor: Skin of the Vipermagi (Socketed with a Ptopaz)
Weapon: Bitter Whorl (Rare Jared's Stone): +2 sorc skills +1 fire mastery +29% LR +6 life
Shield: Moser's Blessed Circle (socketed with 2 Pdiamonds)
Belt: Tal Rasha's Fine-Spun Cloth
Gauntlets: Frostburns
Boots: Tearhaunch
Amulet: Great Wyrm's Amulet of the Centaur (+88 mana, 60 life)
Ring 1: Raven Frost
Ring 2: Plague Hold (Rare): FR 25%, LR/CR/PR 8%, 7% MF

Charms:

Coral Grand Charm of the Glacier: 24% LR 3-5 cold damage
Bloody Grand Charm of Sustenance: +31 life +3 minimum damage
Large Charm of Balance: +8% FHR
Snowy Large Charm of Vita: +34 life, +2-4 cold damage
Jade Large Charm: +10% PR
Sapphire Small Charm of Inertia: +10% CR, +3% FRW
Small Charm of Life: +8 life
Cobalt Small Charm of Vita: +16 life, 9% CR
Small Charm of Inertia: +3% FRW