Matriarch/Patriarch/Guardian Archive Thread

Originally posted by DX-Crawler on Nov 24, 2005:

Matriarch Frosty_Ploppy 9 hour matty

Well at 2 PM today I entered an MP game that Vega set up with fresh characters, and we rushed through the normal difficulty and stopped after we have killed Baal in normal then I was lvl 31 and Vega was taking down the game so I had to continue on my own.

Then my own Javazon helped her out and got the WP:s for her in NM and Hell and in hell she was actually had to kill some CI:s for her like when I was going to rescue Anya it was filled with CI:s, but then at 11 pm she finally kicked Baals but for the final time and made matriarch.

So here she is:

Matriarch Frosty_Ploppy lvl 78 (pure Blizzy)

Stats:

Str: 98/105
Dex:185/187
Vit: 157/186
Ene: 35/42

Life: 739 Hp
Mana: 545 mana

Gear:
Harley
Spirit Broad Sword
Skin of Vipermagi
Mara's Kaleidoskop 20 all res
Mosers Blessed circle 2p Diamonds
Frostburn will change these dont need the mana
Snowclash
Infernostride
2 rare ring with res

6 +skills charms and some res charms

Res: 76, 78, 75, 46

Skills:

Max Blizzard
Max Glacial Spike
Max Ice Blast
Max Ice Bolt
1p Cold Mastery

1 in pre and static field and Teleport

Blizzydamage: 5780-6036
Ice Blast: 2679-2763

This wasn't much trouble until hell ancients but my Javazon handled the CI's even though he was LI aswell, some jabbing and help from both merc he finally went down. Rest was rather easy.

Notcable finds not really, Fal from NM HF and Lum from Hell HF.

Well this character will do Ancients tunnels run and Meph runs and perhaps LK runs not sure

Well that's it

DX

Originally posted by Edgreyfox on Apr 11, 2009:

Matriarch Shalene- Blizz Sorc

So, I took everyone on this boards advice and started a blizz sorc to replace my fishymancer as a MF char, and I finished her off today at level 85.

The Build- Pure blizz sorc. 10 IBolt(so far), 20 IBlast, 20 GS, 20 Blizz, 20 CM, 1 in FA, FN and warmth. +5 to all skills, +6 to fire skills from gear.

The stats- Strength=153(needed it for the stormshield), dexterity= 163 (60%block rate), vitality=164 (705 life with gear)

The Gear- Nothing really unusual. Harlequin crest socketed with p/topaz, Skin of the vipermagi socketed with P-topaz, Stormshield, Wizardspike, goldwrap belt, magefist gloves, sand storm trek boots, rare amulet (+2 sorc skills, +5 min damage, +5 all resist, +1 dex) and a pair of nagle rings. 7 small charms with a mix of +resists, + strength and +life. I found about half the gear myself, the rest was already in my stash thanks to my fishymancer.

Resists: 75 in everything but fire, which is at 60.

The merc: Act 2 defensive merc equipped with ethereal guardian angel armor, reapers toll, and tal rashas horadric crest.

Points of interest: This is only my third character, and only the second thats finished off hell (my freezadin is parked in act 4 at the moment), so it's hard for me to compare this to other builds. As long as you aren't dealing with cold immunes this build is fantastic. You can easily cast blizzards along the edge of your screen and take out most mobs before they ever know you're there. I played through normal and NM on player 8, and never had a single problem. Hell was a bit more of a challenge even at player 1, but once I switched out my merc gear (I used rattlecage armor and a hone sudan yari w/no sockets filled for most of the game) dealing with cold immunes just became a matter of breaking up packs and being patient.

The one thing that consistently suprised me was how easy it was to beat the bosses, even in hell. Meph killed my merc, but other then that every boss went down quickly and I never came close to using up my potions. Hell Baal was a major surprise-I used a grand total of two potions on my merc and the whole thing was over in about a minute, even with his teleporting around. Throughout the game I had nightwings veil and a snowclash belt I was holding in reserve for a really tough fight, but I never need to use them. My damage to everything that wasn't immune verged on overkill already, and i can't help but think that a build using those items could afford to skip the 10 I've put into IBolt and pump a skill in a different tree almost to 20. It would be a weak back up, but at least it would speed up the process of dealing with cold immunes that you can't (or dont want to) bypass.

Items of interest found: Not much, really. I pulled a Gul rune from the Hellforge, and found a few items for my grail that I didnt already have, but the only two items that really struck me as above average were:

Bul-Kathos' Wedding Band
Ring
Required Level: 58
Item Version: 1.10+ Expansion
Item Level: 87
Fingerprint: 0x395c1cf8
+50 to Maximum Stamina
3% Life stolen per hit
+1 to All Skill Levels
+0 to Life (Based on Character Level)

The Atlantean
Ancient Sword
One-Hand Damage: 61 to 146
Durability: 41 of 144
Required Dexterity: 88
Required Strength: 127
Required Level: 42
Sword Class - Normal Attack Speed
Fingerprint: 0xe3fb8da7
+16 to Strength
+12 to Dexterity
+8 to Vitality
+241% Enhanced Damage
+75 Defense
+100 Maximum Durability
+2 to Paladin Skill Levels
50% Bonus to Attack Rating

I was actually pretty dissappointed with my finds overall, but I've gotten spoiled by my fishymancer that runs around with 400 MF. It seems pretty clear that I'll need to think about changing some gear now that she is moving to MF full time, but deciding exactly what to change is going to take some thought. :scratchchin:

So, there you have her. Now all I need to do is finish off my frost zealot and I'll be ready to get to work on my barbarian. :)

Originally posted by friedbananazzzz on Jul 12, 2008:

Matriarch Glacia: GO GO Blizzard!

Cookie Cutter to the MAX! ...almost... Wait a second, is that a point in FW...? Mat'd her a couple weeks ago, just never got around to posting this... Oh well, here she is:

Matriarch Glacia
(Final LCS)

Level : 84
Strength : 145 (161)
Dexterity : 25 (64)
Vitality : 300 (352)
Energy : 35 (55)

Now Level 89, further points put in Dex (55 base), 1 spare skill point

Life : 978
Mana : 541
Defense : 1885
Block : 8% (now 16%... I think...)

Resists:
Fire - 75
Cold - 51
Light - 75
Poison - 26

Damage:
Ice Blast: 2534-2619
Glacial Spike: 1259-1333
Blizzard: 5178-5440
Firewall: 1300-1348

Gear:
Nightwing's + Die facet (+10%, +5%/-4%)
Tal's Amulet
Tal's Armour (Ptopaz)
Tal's Belt
Occy
Spirit Monarch
Magefist
War Travs
Stone of Jordan
Stone Loop
Code:
Stone Loop
Ring
Required Level: 15
Item Level: 36
Fingerprint: 0x2a84de40
+5 to Strength
+31 to Attack Rating
Fire Resist +26%
Poison Resist +25%
10% Faster Cast Rate

Leveling gear:
Skins, Snowclash, Spirit Sword, Lidless, Magefist, etc

Currently switched out for MF runs:
NW'sV for Harly
Stone Loop for 39% MF ring
Magefist for 37% Chancies

Prayer Merc Gear: (all stolen from Inigo's merc)
Eth Crown of Thieves > Andy's @83
Duriel's Shell (might switch to Glad's bane, not sure...)
Insight Great Poleaxe - 249 to 663 damage, +4 CS, lvl15 Aura

Charms:
Gheed's, 1x Chilling, and a bunch of life/res/mf sc's

Skills:
Blizzard, Ice Bolt, Ice Blast, Glacial Spike: 20 (31)
Cold Mastery: 10 (21)
Static, TK, Teleport: 1 (11)
Fire Wall, Fire Mastery, Warmth: 1 (12)
+pre-reqs

Hellforge:
Normal: Ort
NM: Io
Hell: Lem
Best non-HF rune: Dol

Finds:
Flavie linkie
She seemed to be lucky with bows for some reason...
Magewrath, Goldstrike Arch, Hellrack, Eaglehorn (& Gut Siphon within first few Baal runs after Mat'ing)
Also got an Alma Negra (grailer) from AT
Naj's Puzzler from boss near Forge (after he killed my merc 3 times)
Pindle gave a green Mithril Coil

Deaths:
A few I'm ashamed of, a couple I'm proud of... But more than I need to document :(
A mysterious one in the AT though, after I killed everything, went over to pick up some loot, and suddenly died. Weird.

Progress:
I had started her back around Christmas, and had planned on her being a Glacial Spike/Fire Wall sorc, hence the name. I had no intention of ever building a Blizzsorc (ever), but for some reason a month or two later (after being parked in A2 Normal) I decided I wanted someone to run Hell Pindle or Baal; Blizz would be easiest, and I was too lazy to start a new Sorc (sorcs with no teleport aren't fun), so she seemed like the best place to start. (I don't really do MF runs at all; my only other Mat'd Sorc is a poorly built FO/FW/TS from 1.09, and she just can't handle much of Hell in 1.11, and Inigo (my Avenger) isn't fast enough for MFing (no teleport/crowd control/AoE skills). However, now that Glacia's Mat'd, that will change.) Unfortunately, I had already put the points into FW. Oh well, it only cost me 4 points, and all my Blizz synergies are maxed out anyway. CI's with low (re: nonexistant) fire resist could take decent damage from the FW (especially after a few statics), but it certainly wasn't the mass killer that a maxed version would have been. I wasn't sure if I was ever going to pump the fire skills a little more, as I started Hell at lvl78, with 9 free skill points (only 4 in Ice Bolt and CM). Then figured, screw it, PURE BLIZZ. And I'm quite happy with the decision.

Normal and Nightmare were done entirely on /p8, as Blizzard did lots of damage, and there's very few CI's in NM. And anything with high HP could be static'd. No problems.

Hell had many more CI's, but most of them I simply telported past (except the odd boss, which the merc handled) so I could get to the AT for leveling and MF. Levelled to 83 in the AT, had a few decent finds, and parked her for another month. After starting several more builds, and getting them all to Slayer status, I decided to go back and finish her off. Duriel wasn't much trouble, and I pretty much teleported completely through A3. A4 was actually a lot of fun, as other than a couple bosses, I didn't get any CI's until the CS. Lost the merc to IM several times, but not much trouble until Big D. Ported close to static him, and whatever attack he used killed the merc instantly and dropped me down to 130 health before I could get out of there. Got the merc, then just came back and ran in circles dropping Blizzards, and he went down quickly enough.

The Ancients. Ugh. 1st roll had 2 of them LI/CI, so I rerolled. 2nd roll I managed to kill two of them, but FI/CI Korlic killed me. I hadn't cleared a path from the waypoint, so getting back was too difficult; had to S&E. Rerolled my map, and got a much nicer path from the WP to the Summit. 3rd try I killed M/T, but CI Korlic killed my merc, so another reroll was in order. Was curious if there was a chance of Korlic ever not spawning CI, so I rolled them at least a dozen times, just to see. Waste of time. Saw Conviction and Fanaticism on sperate rolls; wasn't even going to try and bother with those. As soon as I got a roll with no dangerous aura, I went for it, and as expected, M & T went down quickly to Blizz, but Korlic had to put up a fight. FW helped out a little, but not much...

WSK1 had too many CIs, so I ported through most of it. WSK2/3 weren't bad. Throne had Dolls, CI Dark Lords (vampires) and Pit Lords. (why is every other type of monster some kind of Lord? Do demons really have a massive heirarchy? <sp?)

Waves were typical for a Blizzsorc: Everything was dead as soon as it hit the ground, except for those damn skeletons, and a CI/LI Bartuc, but the merc killed them with no problems.

Baal was going along fine, but mid-fight I was asked to watch my nephew for an hour. When I came back, I unpaused, and Baal summoned a group of tentacles all around me, which all seemed to hit at once, and then Baal got in a killing blow. All in about 1.5 seconds. Not cool. Came back and killed him with no further problems.

Random Thoughts:
Not many, Blizz is pretty standard by now...

- Blizzard is fun. A lot more fun than I thought it was going to be. The damage is great, and I can stack two of them together. Also great for the Waves, as I can drop a couple before they show up, and most of them die before they even get an attack off at me or the merc.

- Glacial Spike is a fanastic skill too. Freezing enemies and pinning them under the Blizzard is great, and it keeps them from killing the merc. If I ever get my hands on a Fathom (and hopefully a Spike Ormus) I will definitely build that Glacial Sorc.

- Snowclash is such a great leveling item, better than Arachnid's for a Blizz sorc. Especially since the level 16 Blizz it drops when you get hit is fully synergized, so it actually does pretty good damage.

- I enjoy my minion-stack tactic on CI's (like the skellies in the 2nd wave), static everything, then teleport directly on top of monsters. The merc gets an INSTANT attack in, every time. So I bounce around the screen, teleporting on every CI as quick as I can, and the merc attacks so fast that things die before either of us get hurt.

Future plans:
She will continue to hunt Baal, as I've found it better than Pindle so far (both drops and excitement, though I can do Pindle on /p8 for lots more experience). I've done ~200 Pindle runs for crap, and only about a dozen Baal runs and already gotten a few self-grailers (including a +4/221%ed Arioc's on 2nd run, and Demon Limb on 6th). Baal's odds for uniques is just so much better. Not sure where to put the spare skill points, I think CM is fine with my +skills, and I don't really use FW enough to warrant them... Maybe Static for a larger radius.

omgwtfbbqpwned: for Tal's amulet and armour
Asmo: for the SoJ
heskla: for the Nightwing's
Everyone again for reading

Originally posted by Frozenfire on Jun 25, 2009:

Matriarch Breeze, The Blizzard Sorceress

Breeze, the Blizzard Sorceress
http://i740.photobucket.com/albums/xx43/Mayhemshield/Screenshot049.jpg?t=1245953879
Introduction

Since the beginning of my Diablo career, I was a fan of Sorceresses. My first character that got through Hell on Battle.net was a Blizzard sorceress, and I loved the sheer killing power she had. I loved teleporting instead of walking like a girl out for a stroll. I could always be active while playing this character, I was never stopping! I recently started playing Single Player again, and I had a Fishymancer who killed normal Baal. I got him to level 67, Nightmare Act 5, then I quit playing him. It was plain boring to wait for my skeletons to lock on to one target and Corpse Explosion wasn't very effective on /Players8.

An idea came to my mind. I had a few low level twinks I found while leveling. I knew how to play sorceresses. I wanted a challenge. I was bored of depending on others for killing. I went to the character creation screen, and there were the letters, magically inscribed on the window where I was supposed to input the name, Breeze(did I mention I wasn't very creative at the time).

Anyway, Breeze is my first Matriarch, and I'm quite satisfied with her finds during the 300 Meph runs she did for a "break". Oh, and Hell turned out to be anything but a breeze(Yes, had to make the obvious joke :crazyeyes:).

Final Stats and Skills

Level 81

http://i740.photobucket.com/albums/xx43/Mayhemshield/Screenshot052.jpg?t=1245954090

Stats(Unbuffed)
Strength: 96
Dexterity: 25
Vitality: 299
Energy: 35

Buffed stats:
Skills

Cold Spells
Ice Bolt: 7 points
Frost Nova: 1 point
Ice Blast: 20 points
Glacial Spike: 20 points
Blizzard: 20 points
Cold Mastery: 20 points

Lightning Spells
Static Field: 1 point
Telekinesis: 1 point
Teleport: 1 point

Fire Spells
Warmth: 1 point

Just a typical Blizzard build, I reckon I could move some points off Cold Mastery for efficiency, but don't think it'd make a major change.

Equipment

Items:
Code:
Entropy Torc
Amulet
Required Level: 35
Item Level: 61
Fingerprint: 0xb09d4002
+14 to Dexterity
Magic Damage Reduced by 2
Fire Resist +6%
Lightning Resist +6%
Cold Resist +6%
Poison Resist +16%
+2 to Cold Skills (Sorceress Only)

Tarnhelm
Skull Cap
Defense: 11
Durability: 14 of 18
Required Strength: 15
Required Level: 18
Fingerprint: 0x6039a13d
75% Extra Gold from Monsters
72% Better Chance of Getting Magic Items
+1 to All Skill Levels
Socketed (1: 1 used)

Perfect Topaz
Inserted into a Skull Cap

24% Better Chance of Getting Magic Items

The Oculus
Swirling Crystal
One-Hand Damage: 18 to 42
Durability: 50 of 50
(Sorceress Only)
Orb Class - Slow Attack Speed
Fingerprint: 0xce450134
+20 to Energy
+20 to Vitality
+20% Enhanced Defense
All Resistances +20
50% Better Chance of Getting Magic Items
+3 to Sorceress Skill Levels
30% Faster Cast Rate
+5 to Mana After Each Kill

Skullder's Ire
Russet Armor
Defense: 646
Durability: 90 of 90
Required Strength: 97
Fingerprint: 0x16fc42b3
+165% Enhanced Defense
Magic Damage Reduced by 10
+60 Maximum Durability
+1 to All Skill Levels
101% Better Chance of Getting Magic Items (Based on Character Level)
Repairs 1 durability in 5 seconds

Rhyme
Kite Shield
'ShaelEth'
Defense: 16
Chance to Block:  48%
Durability: 29 of 30
Required Strength: 47
Required Level: 29
Item Level: 26
Fingerprint: 0xe981179a
+20% Increased Chance of Blocking
Regenerate Mana 15%
All Resistances +25
50% Extra Gold from Monsters
25% Better Chance of Getting Magic Items
40% Faster Block Rate
Cannot Be Frozen

Frostburn
Gauntlets
Defense: 49
Durability: 22 of 24
Required Strength: 60
Item Level: 59
Fingerprint: 0x94df125b
+20% Enhanced Defense
+5% Enhanced Damage
+30 Defense
Adds 1-6 cold damage over 2 seconds
Increase Maximum Mana 40%

Arachnid Mesh
Spiderweb Sash
Defense: 128
Durability: 10 of 12
Required Strength: 50
Required Level: 80
Fingerprint: 0xe1214faa
+104% Enhanced Defense
Increase Maximum Mana 5%
20% Faster Cast Rate
+1 to All Skill Levels
Slows Target by 10%
Level 3 Venom (11/11 Charges)

Tearhaunch
Greaves
Defense: 61
Durability: 19 of 24
Required Strength: 70
Item Level: 46
Fingerprint: 0x53bc5550
+5 to Strength
+5 to Dexterity
+65% Enhanced Defense
+35 Defense
All Resistances +10
20% Faster Run/Walk
+2 to Vigor (Paladin Only)

Ghoul Finger
Ring
Required Level: 9
Item Level: 35
Fingerprint: 0x73d00bb0
+15 to Attack Rating
Lightning Resist +20%
Cold Resist +5%
+1 to Light Radius
10% Faster Cast Rate

Dread Gyre
Ring
Item Level: 30
Fingerprint: 0x9f0a5ba5
Lightning Resist +13%
Poison Resist +9%
40% Extra Gold from Monsters
10% Faster Cast Rate

Cobalt Small Charm of Fortune
Keep in Inventory to Gain Bonus
Required Level: 20
Item Level: 50
Fingerprint: 0x2ade386
Cold Resist +9%
5% Better Chance of Getting Magic Items

Tangerine Small Charm of Good Luck
Required Level: 33
Fingerprint: 0x7f172179
Lightning Resist +3%
6% Better Chance of Getting Magic Items

I guess I could swap the Frosties with a Magefist, but I really don't like running out of mana in 2 Blizzard cooldowns' time. Normally I use a Vipermagi while leveling, but my Barb stole it temporarily, so... 😉

Mercenary Items
Code:
Tal Rasha's Horadric Crest
Death Mask
Defense: 131
Durability: 17 of 20
Required Strength: 55
Required Level: 66
Fingerprint: 0x5dec3e7b
+60 to Life
+30 to Mana
+45 Defense
All Resistances +15
10% Life stolen per hit
10% Mana stolen per hit

Bonehew
Ogre Axe
Two-Hand Damage: 164 to 850
Durability: 26 of 26
Required Dexterity: 65
Required Strength: 185
Required Level: 64
Polearm Class - Very Fast Attack Speed
Fingerprint: 0x3615bd1e
+292% Enhanced Damage
30% Increased Attack Speed
Prevent Monster Heal
50% Chance to cast Level 16 Bone Spear on striking
Level 14 Corpse Explosion (15/30 Charges)
Ethereal (Cannot be Repaired), Socketed (2: 0 used)

Toothrow
Sharktooth Armor
Defense: 1274
Durability: 40 of 40
Required Strength: 93
Required Level: 48
Fingerprint: 0x7bfe2729
+10 to Strength
+215% Enhanced Defense
+52 Defense
Fire Resist +15%
+15 Maximum Durability
Attacker Takes Damage of 28
40% Chance of Open Wounds
Ethereal (Cannot be Repaired)

Progress

Normal

Started out with a few Arctic items and a Felloak, bashed things around until level 15 where I equipped a Raven Claw. After level 20, I started to cast spells as well as using the weapon, and level 24 and onwards was the fastest levelling experience I had. Ever. Never mind the thousands of mana potions I used. Basically, I rushed through normal's second half.

Nightmare

Nightmare is very easy for twinked characters. My twinks were outdated by then, but Nightmare was still very easy. Act 1 took me roughly 15 minutes, and did I mention I love Insight? I seldom drank potions, the weapon had great damage on a non-ethereal exceptional polearm. Act 2, 3 and 4 were completed in very successful times, too. Act 5, though... Guest monsters made their appearances in the Bloody Foothills, and both spawns had to be ranged. I got fed up with them and started Meph running on Nightmare which I continued for 30 runs or so, but I got nothing of mention. This change of focus helped me finish Act 5 without problems and very few cold immunes which were teleported away from. Fun note: I died 10+ times trying to get through the Palace Cellar. The hellforge was an Um rune(yay!).

Hell

Any pure element sorceress's fear, playing on Hell as a Blizzard sorceress replaces the boogie man with a Cold Immune, Lightning Enchanted, Conviction, Extra Strong boss. I died around 5 times on Cold Plains due to not being able to teleport. Den of Evil took around 30 minutes. I had to herd some monsters away in order to be able to kill them with my mercenary. The rest of Act 1 was not painful at all, and I skipped most of the quests (only did Quest 1,5 and 6). Andariel's poison spray was futile, as Antidote potions saved the day for me. The merc did die, though. Can't expect Hell to be perfect, can I?

Act 2 was easy enough. Radament was Blizzarded to death, and I teleported successfully through the Maggot Lair. The snakes were also no problem. In Battle.net, the most troubling part of Hell was always the Arcane Sanctuary for me. It turned out to be very easy, and I got the Summoner in my first try. Did a few Ancient Tunnels runs to celebrate. Got to level 75.

Act 3 was a very fun act to play through, despite my prejudices(getting rushed through there all the time makes you think it will take you a lifetime to get through.) . Trying to get the Book of Lam Esen, I lured the bosspack away, and they were on me the second I was back inside. Scared the crap out of me. Travincal luckily had only one Cold Immune, but I was like "I gotta sneak from backwards, don't pull any more mobs, oh I'm gonna die!!1oneone" before I engaged the fight. Eh, nevermind. I got rid of them alright, and then I reached my next stop for 300 runs and 5 hours, Mephisto. He's a good lad, really, when it comes to drops. I got an Arachid Mesh, a Dracul's Grasp, an Oculus, 48% MF Tarnhelm, an Andariel's Visage, an ethereal Bonehew, a Gladiator's Bane, and much, much more. I finally took a deep breath and went out to Act 4.

I died on my first 15 seconds at the outer steppes. The computer lagged, I teleported just inside a bosspack of Cold Immunes. Lucky me. This wasn't going to be fun, so I rushed through the places and got Izual down quickly, went on to the Hellforge. Got an Um rune(again!) and got the River of Flame waypoint. So far so good, right? Well, to show the "fun" I had up at the Chaos Sanctuary, here is a little teaser: I lost 1 million gold trying to revive the merc. I killed the mobs without him for the first try, got to Lord de Seis. Then I noticed the 10 or more Cold Immune Mages next to him! Oh, what fun. Had to revive my 4000-damage-instagib-if-attacking-while-cursed mercenary, and it seemed like the only curse the mages had was the Iron Maiden curse. I killed Lord de Seis, eventually, and got to the last part filled with Venom Lords. Opened up a town portal, tried to lure the pack, but got killed. Was trying to open the town portal again when I died. I came back from the waypoint, and got killed. Guess today was not my lucky day. Finally I saved and exited the game, and did the Chaos Sanctuary again. Big D was a nuisance no more.

Act 5 was very easy for the most part, except for 2 parts. The first was thawing Anya after luring Frozenstein, which was easily managed after a few tries, and the second was the ancients, which was a bit tougher, but managable. Had no decent drops from Baal as always, and there you go, my first Matriarch! I know that I've been whining about Cold Immunes after I picked a Blizzard Sorceress as my second character, but that's just who I am! 😉 Hope you didn't fall asleep at work while reading this, as I *tend* to write a little long.

Sincerely, Frozenfire.

Originally posted by GooberGrape on Oct 7, 2012:

Matriarch Goobergrape - Blizz Sorc (1.13 SC)

Standard SC blizz sorc. I just came back from a six (seven?) year hiatus, so she is untwinked as they get. Gear was laughably bad, but I did get a ton of good rune drops. Hellforge was a Gul ^_^

Since 1.13 added rerolls, I did all of Normal as a Charged Boltress, which was a lot of fun. Switched to pure blizz in NM, killed NM Countess and Meph a few dozen times, and moved on. The rest of NM and Hell was a teleport-fest, screaming and crying and chugging pots.

By pure luck, Hell Pindle's first kill dropped an eth Collosus Voulge which I rolled for sockets and made my endgame Insight. Ancients sucked (single element), Baal was a total pushover. Typical stuff.

Stats:
Code:
Name:       Goobergrape
Class:      Sorceress
Experience: 821622243
Level:      82

Naked/Gear
Strength:   75/76
Dexterity:  215/224
Vitality:   135/157
Energy:     35/36
HP:         431/466
Mana:       197/308
Stamina:    280/309
Defense:    53/276
AR:         1025/1070

Fire:       187/147/87
Cold:       176/136/76
Lightning:  178/138/78
Poison:     178/138/78

MF:         80       Block:      76
GF:         114
FR/W:       38
FHR:        110
IAS:        10
FCR:        64

Warmth: 1/3

Static Field: 1/3
Telekinesis: 1/3
Teleport: 1/3

Ice Bolt: 8/10
Ice Blast: 20/22
Glacial Spike: 20/22
Blizzard: 20/22
Cold Mastery: 20/22

Gear:
Code:
About twenty resist charms, which I edited out to save your eyes, plus the following:

Chromatic Coronet
Coronet
Defense: 36
Durability: 30 of 30
Required Level: 41
Fingerprint: 0x977d5a39
Item Level: 74
Version: Expansion 1.10+
All Resistances +22

Nokozan Relic
Amulet
Required Level: 10
Fingerprint: 0x73dda266
Item Level: 42
+20% Faster Hit Recovery
Adds 3 - 6 Fire Damage
+10% to Maximum Fire Resist
Fire Resist +50%
+3 to Light Radius

Stealth
Breast Plate
TalEth
Defense: 66
Required Level: 17
Required Strength: 30
Fingerprint: 0x220f1fa7
Item Level: 22
+25% Faster Run/Walk
+25% Faster Cast Rate
+25% Faster Hit Recovery
+6 to Dexterity
Regenerate Mana 15%
+15 Maximum Stamina
Poison Resist +30%
Magic Damage Reduced by 3
2 Sockets (2 used)
Socketed: Tal Rune
Socketed: Eth Rune

Skull Eye
Ring
Required Level: 21
Fingerprint: 0x37430dfc
12% Chance to cast level 4 Nova when struck
+10% Faster Cast Rate
+1 to Energy
+9 to Mana
+14 Maximum Stamina
Lightning Resist +29%

Scintillating Ring
Ring
Required Level: 59
Fingerprint: 0x467fb861
Item Level: 80
All Resistances +15

Brimstone Brogues
Light Plated Boots
Defense: 16
Durability: 18 of 18
Fingerprint: 0x877a3c3c
Item Level: 79
+10% Faster Run/Walk
+10% Faster Hit Recovery
+34% Enhanced Defense
+2 to Dexterity
Cold Resist +31%
Poison Resist +38%

Plague Hand
Demonhide Gloves
Defense: 31
Durability: 12 of 12
Required Strength: 20
Fingerprint: 0x310e2997
+1 to Dexterity
Cold Resist +19%
Lightning Resist +8%
Fire Resist +15%
Repairs 1 Durability in 33 Seconds

Goldwrap
Heavy Belt
Defense: 35
Required Level: 27
Required Strength: 45
Fingerprint: 0xd525480c
Item Level: 45
+10% Increased Attack Speed
+46% Enhanced Defense
+25 Defense
64% Extra Gold from Monsters
30% Better Chance of Getting Magic Items
+2 to Light Radius

Weapon Switch for MF:

Blade of Ali Baba
Tulwar
One Hand Damage: 25 - 56
Durability: 32 of 32
Required Level: 35
Required Dexterity: 42
Fingerprint: 0x4d9392d
Item Level: 75
61% Enhanced Damage
Adds 2 - 10 Fire Damage
+14 to Dexterity
+15 to Mana
Heal Stamina Plus 13%
12% Extra Gold from Monsters
205% Extra Gold from Monsters (Based on Character Level)
19% Better Chance of Getting Magic Items
82% Better Chance of Getting Magic Items (Based on Character Level)
2 Sockets (2 used)
Socketed: Storm Talisman
Socketed: Jewel of Prosperity

Rhyme
Bone Shield
ShaelEth
Defense: 24
Chance to Block: 40
Required Strength: 25
Fingerprint: 0x1e6c4b53
Item Level: 20
+40% Faster Block Rate
20% Increased Chance of Blocking
Regenerate Mana 15%
All Resistances +25
Cannot Be Frozen
2 Sockets (2 used)
Socketed: Shael Rune

Weapon Switch for Teleport, I mean Combat:

Spirit
Crystal Sword
TalThulOrtAmn
One Hand Damage: 5 - 15
Durability: 20 of 20
Required Level: 25
Required Strength: 43
Fingerprint: 0xaf24a565
Item Level: 28
+2 to All Skills
+29% Faster Cast Rate
+55% Faster Hit Recovery
Adds 1 - 50 Lightning Damage
Adds 3 - 14 Cold Damage Over 3 Secs (75 Frames)
Adds 75 Poison Damage Over 5 Secs (125 Frames)
7% Life stolen per hit
+250 Defense vs. Missile
+22 to Vitality
+102 to Mana
+8 Magic Absorb
4 Sockets (4 used)
Socketed: Thul Rune
Socketed: Ort Rune
Socketed: Amn Rune

Rhyme
Bone Shield
ShaelEth
Defense: 12
Chance to Block: 40
Durability: 39 of 40
Fingerprint: 0x1099f7bd
Item Level: 33
+40% Faster Block Rate
20% Increased Chance of Blocking
Regenerate Mana 15%
All Resistances +25
Cannot Be Frozen
2 Sockets (2 used)

Mercenary:

Name:       Durga
Race:       Desert Mercenary
Type:       Off-Nightmare
Experience: 66845034
Level:      81
Dead?:      false

Naked/Gear
Strength:   179/213
Dexterity:  144/149
HP:         1607/1607
Defense:    1189/1343
AR:         1865/412165

Fire:       195/155/95
Cold:       195/155/95
Lightning:  195/155/95
Poison:    195/155/95

Demon Brow
Coronet
Defense: 39
Required Level: 65
Fingerprint: 0x2f9317db
+1 to Assassin Skill Levels
7% Life stolen per hit
+29 to Strength

Smoke
Breast Plate
NefLum
Defense: 115
Required Level: 37
Fingerprint: 0x292e68dd
Item Level: 23
+20% Faster Hit Recovery
+75% Enhanced Defense
+280 Defense vs. Missile
+10 to Energy
All Resistances +50
-1 to Light Radius
Level 6 Weaken (18/18 Charges)
2 Sockets (2 used)
Socketed: Nef Rune
Socketed: Lum Rune

Insight
Colossus Voulge
RalTirTalSol
Two Hand Damage: 91 - 817
Durability: 26 of 26
Required Level: 48
Required Strength: 200
Required Dexterity: 45
Fingerprint: 0x104b455f
Item Level: 86
Level 15 Meditation Aura When Equipped
+35% Faster Cast Rate
231% Enhanced Damage
+9 to Minimum Damage
220% Bonus to Attack Rating
Adds 5 - 30 Fire Damage
Adds 75 Poison Damage Over 5 Secs (125 Frames)
+4 to Critical Strike
All Stats +5
+2 to Mana after each Kill
23% Better Chance of Getting Magic Items
Ethereal
4 Sockets (4 used)
Socketed: Ral Rune
Socketed: Tir Rune
Socketed: Sol Rune

Originally posted by Gravanor on Apr 1, 2007:

Matriarch Pakastin - Blizzard Sorceress

Today i finished my first Matriarch in Single Player:

Matriarch Pakastin
Level 83 Blizzard Sorceress
Experience: 932148351

Stats:
Strength - 115
Dexterity - 45
Vitality - 305
Energy - 35

Life: 929
Mana: 317

Skills:

Ice Bolt - 16
Ice Blast - 20
Glacial Spike - 20
Blizzard - 20
Cold Mastery - 8
Shiver Armor - 1

+ Static Field, Warmth and Teleport - 1 each

Gear:

35%fcr Spirit Longsword
Lidless Wall
34 allres Skin of the Vipermagi
Upp:d Goldwrap
32%mf Wartravelers
34%mf Chance Guards
Saracen's Chance
Rare Circlet +1 sorc, +20 all res

On Switch:
Ali Baba
Rhyme Grim Shield

Charms were mostly +life and +mana small charms with minor resistances.
Mercenary was nightmare offensive using The Reapers Toll/Insight Tresher, Shaftstop and Tal Rashas Mask.

She was easy to play, but still i died couple of times. Mostly in WSK and once in hell ancients. She was pretty lucky actually. Hellforges were Shael and Gul, and she found The Reapers Toll from Hephasto in hell and Shadow Killer from Pindleskin.
Several quests were left undone, namely Izual and Den of Evil, which i will try to complete soon.
Hardest part were definately the Hell WSK, spawning mostly Gloams, OK:s and CI Hell Witches. Minions were completed at p3, expect wave 4 at p5 and lister at p1. Most of the hell was actually just teleporting past everything, while killing several monsters here and there.

Now she will go to run Pindle and Meph -->

Originally posted by @ioupain on Jul 7, 2018:

Matriarch Gale, Max Block Blizzard Sorceress

1588471254936.png
Matriarch achieved on: 2017-12-24

Introduction
Gale was specifically designed to run Lower Kurast, hence Max Block.

Theme
My original Blizzard Sorceress was called Storm from the X-men, Gale is a Welsh inspired take on that.

Journey
Gale started life on 2014-11-22.
She was untwinked for Normal/Nightmare and found most of her own gear at NM Meph. I think I got bored and then eventually twinked on a few pieces of gear for Hell.

I know that most Sorceresses don't usually go for max block, but I actually forgot how much I enjoyed being able to tank with max block and Stormshield. The plan is to be able to stand there and use TK on chests while taking hits from Doom Apes and others. The overstacked resists are to combat conviction packs and also frees up inventory space for items. I use Glacial Spike on left click as the aim is to stop things in their tracks and not kill them. In fact, all my Blizzard Sorceresses use the same key bindings:

Q Blizzard
W Ice Blast
E Static Field
R Teleport
A Chilling Armour
S Shiver Armour
D Frozen Armour
F Telekinesis
G -
X Glacial Spike (always on left click)
C -
6 -
7 -
8 -
9 -
F12 Town Portal

Every character follows the same general layout (all my Sorceresses use R for Teleport, E for Static Field, F for Telekinesis and in general all prebuffs on ASD, right click attacks on QW, left click on XC). This helps when character switching between my 60+ characters, it means I can rely on muscle memory and habit without getting confused or pressing the wrong button. Also, the buttons are clustered around my left hand and potions are in the row directly above where my hand is anyway.

I know many forumites use Ice Blast as it does more damage, but Glacial Spike is helpful due to the freeze and splash damage. It's more forgiving with aiming as well.

Hell Forge
HF: Ral/Lem/Lum

Other Finds
Ist in NM Crystalline Passage
1588471191643.png
Stats
Code:
Name:       Gale
Class:      Sorceress
Experience: 1166358167
Level:      86

Naked/Gear
Strength:   140/186
Dexterity:  190/209
Vitality:   155/170
Energy:     35/37
HP:         475/704
Mana:       205/605
Stamina:    304/430
Defense:    47/1986
AR:         900/1165

Fire:       238/198/138
Cold:       249/209/149
Lightning:  288/248/188
Poison:     256/216/156

MF:         87       Block:      75
GF:         181      FR/W:       20
FHR:        42       IAS:        0
FCR:        105
Skills
Code:
COLD SPELLS:

20 Blizzard
20 Cold Mastery
20 Glacial Spike
20 Ice Blast
20 Ice Bolt (currently 9, working on this now)
01 Frost Nova
01 Frozen Armour
01 Shiver Armour
01 Chilling Armour

Subtotal: 104

LIGHTNING SPELLS:

01 Teleport
01 Telekinesis
01 Static Field

Subtotal: 3

FIRE SPELLS:

01 Warmth

Subtotal: 1

Grand Total: 108

Level at which build complete: 108 – 11 = 97
Gear

Code:
Helm:       Gale's Harlequin Crest (Um)
Armour:     Skin of the Vipermagi (Um = 39@) - not a very good base resist on this thing
Gloves:     Magefist Crusader Gauntlets
Belt:       Crafted Blood Harness (5% FCR/17% FHR/29% FR)
Boots:      Sandstorm Trek (14 Str / 13 Vit / 67% PR)

Amulet:     Tal Rasha's Adjudication
Ring 1:     Raven Frost (17 Dex)
Ring 2:     Dwarf Star

Weapon 1:   Wizardspike (1os)
Shield 1:   Gale's Stormshield (Um)

Weapon 2:   Oculus
Shield 2:   Spirit (35% FCR)

Charms:     Gheed's Fortune (81% GF/10% Vendor/37% MF), 1 Cold Skiller, Some resists, 4x4 open space to pick stuff up, Cube, Tomes

Mercenary
Code:
Helm:       Ethereal Andariel's Visage (15% IAS)
Armour:     Eth Bugged Treachery Kraken Shell
Weapon:     Eth Thresher Insight

Current Activity
Lower Kurast running (I promise I do actually plan to do some LK running, just need to find the energy!)

Originally posted by Islandstone on Nov 23, 2009:

My first Matriarch; Blizzsorc

I guess everyone can guess the build?

Blizzsorc
LCS

Non-cold skills: 1 teleport, 1 telekinesis, 5 static field, 1 warmth

Gear:
Code:
Harlequin Crest
Shako
Defense: 137
Required Level: 62
Fingerprint: 0x1fa3237e
Properties: 
Damage Reduced by 10%
+2 to All Skills
127 to Life (Based on Char Lvl)
127 to Mana (Based on Char Lvl)
All Stats +2
74% Better Chance of Getting Magic Items
1 Sockets (1 used)
Socketed: Perfect Topaz

Doom Necklace
Amulet
Required Level: 54
Fingerprint: 0x189f45c8
Properties: 
+14 to Dexterity
+29 to Mana
6% Regenerate Mana
6% Faster Cast Rate
+2 to Cold Skills (Sorceress Only)

Skin of the Vipermagi
Serpentskin Armor
Defense: 279
Durability: 20 of 24
Fingerprint: 0x5c570744
Properties: 
120% Enhanced Defense
Magic Damage Reduced by 9
30% Faster Cast Rate
+1 to All Skills
All Resistances +22

Nagelring
Ring
Required Level: 7
Fingerprint: 0x9f6410d0
Item Level: 12
Properties: 
+66 to Attack Rating
Attacker Takes Damage of 3
27% Better Chance of Getting Magic Items

Nagelring
Ring
Fingerprint: 0x45b66a04
Item Level: 43
Properties: 
+66 to Attack Rating
28% Better Chance of Getting Magic Items

Goldwrap
Battle Belt
Defense: 90
Required Level: 32
Required Strength: 88
Fingerprint: 0x402800a
Properties: 
56% Enhanced Defense
+25 Defense
71% Extra Gold from Monsters
+2 to Light Radius
Required Lvl +5
10% Increased Attack Speed

Lapis Greaves of Luck
Greaves
Defense: 12
Durability: 24 of 24
Required Level: 19
Fingerprint: 0xf3ebf629
Item Level: 40
Properties: 
Cold Resist +20%
34% Better Chance of Getting Magic Items

Chance Guards
Chain Gloves
Defense: 27
Durability: 16 of 16
Fingerprint: 0x3f1dc831
Item Level: 49
Properties: 
29% Enhanced Defense
+25 to Attack Rating
+15 Defense
200% Extra Gold from Monsters
40% Better Chance of Getting Magic Items
+2 to Light Radius

Spirit
Broad Sword
One Hand Damage: 7 - 14
Durability: 32 of 32
Required Strength: 48
Fingerprint: 0x41d6d0eb
Item Level: 42
Version: Expansion
Properties: 
+22 to Vitality
+98 to Mana
+250 Defense vs. Missile
55% Faster Hit Recovery
30% Faster Cast Rate
+2 to All Skills
+8 Magic Absorb
+75 poison damage over 5 seconds
+3 - 14 cold damage with 3 sec Duration
+1 - 50 Lightning Damage
7% Life stolen per hit
4 Sockets (4 used)

Moser's Blessed Circle
Round Shield
Defense: 158
Chance to Block: 37
Durability: 64 of 64
Required Level: 31
Required Strength: 53
Fingerprint: 0x80a7897a
Properties: 
183% Enhanced Defense
25% Increased Chance of Blocking
30% Faster Block Rate
All Resistances +63
2 Sockets (2 used)
Socketed: Perfect Diamond
Charms:
Code:
Amber Grand Charm of Strength
Grand Charm
Required Level: 22
Fingerprint: 0xaba4f7e0
Item Level: 85
Properties: 
+5 to Strength
Lightning Resist +26%

Ruby Small Charm of Strength
Small Charm
Fingerprint: 0x9df4b2b7
Item Level: 57
Properties: 
+2 to Strength
Fire Resist +11%

Viridian Small Charm of Balance
Small Charm
Fingerprint: 0x6f0c932c
Properties: 
Poison Resist +7%
5% Faster Hit Recovery

Sapphire Small Charm of Frost
Small Charm
Fingerprint: 0x81f74e65
Item Level: 58
Properties: 
Cold Resist +10%
+1 - 2 cold damage with 1 sec Duration

Grand Charm of Vita
Grand Charm
Required Level: 69
Fingerprint: 0x540c1eb
Properties: 
+40 to Life

Sapphire Small Charm of Thunder
Small Charm
Fingerprint: 0x5b39b977
Properties: 
Cold Resist +11%
+1 - 17 Lightning Damage

Coral Small Charm
Small Charm
Fingerprint: 0x64a29907
Properties: 
Lightning Resist +9%

Merc:
Code:
Death Mask
Defense: 104
Durability: 10 of 20
Fingerprint: 0x55953a12
Properties: 
+60 to Life
+30 to Mana
+45 Defense
10% Life stolen per hit
10% Mana stolen per hit
All Resistances +15

Duriel's Shell
Cuirass
Defense: 710
Durability: 45 of 150
Required Strength: 65
Fingerprint: 0x5554b2dc
Properties: 
+15 to Strength
198% Enhanced Defense
Cold Resist +30%
+100 Maximum Durability
Cannot Be Frozen
106 Defense (Based on Char Lvl)
85 to Life (Based on Char Lvl)
All Resistances +20

Insight
Battle Scythe
Two Hand Damage: 72 - 157
Durability: 22 of 65
Required Strength: 82
Required Dexterity: 82
Fingerprint: 0x1c25c745
Version: Expansion
Properties: 
All Stats +5
251% Enhanced Damage
+4 to Critical Strike
35% Faster Cast Rate
181% Bonus to Attack Rating
Level 12 Meditation Aura When Equipped
+5 - 30 Fire Damage
+2 to Mana after each Kill
+9 to Minimum Damage
4 Sockets (4 used)
Socketed: Ral Rune
Socketed: Tir Rune
Socketed: Sol Rune

Well it's a blizzsorc. Some time now since I started her, so don't really remember much from normal and nightmare. I had a OrbBaller doing fine in hell at that time (some months ago), thanks to ACP 3, but I felt like cheating using all that gear. So I deleted her, and removed the ACP stashes from GoMule.

Blizzsorc was given the spirit sword and the insight, and some items to complete normal with, but other than that she is untwinked (mainly due to lack of twinking gear).
Normal and Nightmare was completed without any difficulties, only annoying thing was the cold immune witches in the Throne Room in nightmare.

Hell; things started to slow down, lots of cold-immune. I was about level 70 when I first stepped out into the Blood Moor. I gave up on the Den of Evil (Still hasn't cleared it :crazyeyes:) due to the cold immunes, and tele'd past everything. I leveled to about 75 in the Monastary and the Crypt, before taking on Andariel.

In act2 I quickly teleported to Lost City and the Ancient Tunnels, and leveled another 5 levels, before taking on Duriel, and teleporting thru act 3, and take out Mephisto. I countinued leveling in AT till 84, when I suddenly (today) decided to mat her.

I actually cleared most of act 4 (did all the quest), but tele'd past all of act 5.

My first attempt against the Ancients were actually not bad; only Korlic was Cold Immune, but I ran out of potions, and my merc died. I muled on a Malice polearm for my merc, and tried again. I had to respawn them about 15 times before only Korlic was Cold Immune again, and gave it a shot then. The other two ancients died too quickly for me to notice what their mods were, but Korlic was Cursed and Extra Fast. He ate through my potions, so I had to let my merc proc Open Wounds, then retreat to let my merc regen his health. This took a while, but finally Korlic fell.

I died alot of times trying to tele down to baal (stupid souls), but I finally got down. After that, everything went fine. Baal's minions fell, and finally Baal himself.

And at last, HF:
Norm: Ort
Nightmare: Lem
Hell: Ko

Originally posted by Jason Maher on Nov 12, 2009:

Matriarch Tessa - Pure Blizzard Sorceress

Took a break from running Pindle to Mat my Blizz sorc. I must say I hate the underground tunnels in Act 5: hardly a monster that isn't CI. The Ancient's Way was 100% CIs. Lots of fun. I don't know that I can say too much about this build that hasn't already been said elsewhere. Basically, anything not Cold Immune = dead, and anything that is Cold Immune gets a combo of Static, TK knockback, and slow death by MPSOD (Moron's Pointy Stick Of Death). The odd Cold + Physical Immune = stand over there in the corner and leave me alone. Ultimately Tessa was created to run Pindle, Meph, and the Ancient Tunnels, and maybe Baal at some point.

Stats:

Level:

Strength: 144/172 -> aiming for 156 so I don't have to rely on other equipment to equip Spirit
Dexterity:
131/147 -> was originally aiming at 60% or so blocking, not sure why. Another 200 life would have been useful...
Vitality: 225/269
Energy: 35/57

Life:
Mana: 478

Blizzard Damage:
5274-5507
Ice Blast Damage: 2679-2763
Cold Mastery: lvl 33 = -180%

Resists: 85F/90C/75L/24P

FCR:
FHR: 97

Skills:

Blizzard - 20 (35)
Ice Blast - 20 (33)
Ice Bolt - 20 (33)
Glacial Spike - 13 (29)
Cold Mastery - 20 (33)
Frost Nova - 1 (14)
Freezing Armor - 1 (14)
Shiver Armor - 1 (14)
Chilling Armor - 2 (15) -> granted by item

Static Field - 1 (9)
Telekinesis - 1 (9)
Teleport - 1 (9)
Warmth - 1 (9)

The build will be complete at level 96. The last 3 points will probably go in Warmth, or maybe 2 in Fireball and 1 in Fire Mastery for the sheer heck of it if I ever get that far.

Gear: (questing)

Harly
+3 Cold Skills ammy
PTopazed Vipermagi
Occy
Spirit
Bloodfist (FHR)
Snowclash
Infernostride
2 x rare rings (FCR + resists)
Gheed's
2 x skillers
lots of resist charms (one with FHR)
a couple of life charms

Code:
Harlequin Crest
Shako
Defense: 141
Item Level: 82
Fingerprint: 0xa0392e77
+2 to Strength
+2 to Energy
+2 to Dexterity
+2 to Vitality
Damage Reduced by 10%
74% Better Chance of Getting Magic Items
+2 to All Skill Levels
+133 to Life (Based on Character Level)
+133 to Mana (Based on Character Level)

Glacial Amulet of the Titan
Required Level: 50
Item Level: 83
Fingerprint: 0x5c841460
+20 to Strength
+3 to Cold Skills (Sorceress Only)

The Oculus
Swirling Crystal
One-Hand Damage: 18 to 42
(Sorceress Only)
Orb Class - Slow Attack Speed
Fingerprint: 0x964cbd52
+20 to Energy
+20 to Vitality
+20% Enhanced Defense
All Resistances +20
+3 to Sorceress Skill Levels
30% Faster Cast Rate
+5 to Mana After Each Kill
25% Chance to cast Level 1 Teleport when struck

Skin of the Vipermagi
Serpentskin Armor
Fingerprint: 0xdaaba8e7
+120% Enhanced Defense
Magic Damage Reduced by 11
All Resistances +26
30% Faster Cast Rate
+1 to All Skill Levels

Spirit
Monarch
'TalThulOrtAmn'
Defense: 143
Chance to Block:  42%
Durability: 86 of 86
Required Strength: 156
Item Level: 88
Fingerprint: 0x6f376a41
+22 to Vitality
+90 to Mana
+250 Defense vs. Missile
Lightning Resist +35%
Cold Resist +35%
Poison Resist +35%
Attacker Takes Damage of 14
55% Faster Hit Recovery
33% Faster Cast Rate
+2 to All Skill Levels
+5 Magic Absorb
Socketed (4: 4 used)

Bloodfist
Heavy Gloves
Defense: 17
Durability: 14 of 14
Fingerprint: 0xbd45b6c4
+40 to Life
+11% Enhanced Defense
+5 to Minimum Damage
+10 Defense
30% Faster Hit Recovery

Snowclash
Battle Belt
Defense: 106
Required Strength: 88
Fingerprint: 0x7c20fead
+148% Enhanced Defense
+15% to Maximum Cold Resist
Adds 13-21 cold damage over 3 seconds
+2 to Blizzard (Sorceress Only)
+2 to Chilling Armor (Sorceress Only)
+3 to Glacial Spike (Sorceress Only)
+15 Cold Absorb
5% Chance to cast Level 16 Blizzard when struck

Infernostride
Demonhide Boots
Defense: 101
Fingerprint: 0xae053391
+139% Enhanced Defense
+15 Defense
Fire Resist +30%
+10% to Maximum Fire Resist
Adds 12-33 fire damage
52% Extra Gold from Monsters
+2 to Light Radius
20% Faster Run/Walk
5% Chance to cast Level 8 Blaze when struck

Corruption Coil
Ring
Required Level: 24
Fingerprint: 0xd8751c61
+5 to Dexterity
Lightning Resist +29%
Cold Resist +19%
+2 to Light Radius
10% Faster Cast Rate
Level 4 Dim Vision (30/30 Charges)

Dread Gyre
Ring
Fingerprint: 0xb850a808
+3 to Strength
+54 to Attack Rating
Fire Resist +29%
Lightning Resist +23%
10% Faster Cast Rate
Poison Length Reduced by 25%

Gheed's Fortune
Grand Charm
Fingerprint: 0x82bc35f3
150% Extra Gold from Monsters
Reduces All Vendor Prices 15%

Chilling Grand Charm of Dexterity
Fingerprint: 0xa5136572
+5 to Dexterity
+1 to Cold Skills (Sorceress Only)

Chilling Grand Charm of Thunder
Fingerprint: 0x4350a41f
Adds 1-14 lightning damage
+1 to Cold Skills (Sorceress Only)

Ruby Grand Charm
Required Level: 22
Fingerprint: 0xcc6d26ea
Fire Resist +30%

Azure Grand Charm of Balance
Item Level: 2
Fingerprint: 0x2fbf1172
Cold Resist +15%
12% Faster Hit Recovery

Shimmering Large Charm
Required Level: 26
Fingerprint: 0x609b3c48
All Resistances +8

Shimmering Small Charm of Dexterity
Item Level: 60
Fingerprint: 0x54954c69
+2 to Dexterity
All Resistances +5

Cobalt Small Charm of Strength
Fingerprint: 0x7a1bc6e5
+2 to Strength
Cold Resist +9%

Ruby Small Charm of Strength
Fingerprint: 0x64d0456f
+1 to Strength
Fire Resist +11%

Sapphire Small Charm of Sustenance
Fingerprint: 0xa23e22c6
+11 to Life
Cold Resist +11%

Sapphire Small Charm of Fire
Fingerprint: 0x26441316
Cold Resist +10%
Adds 2-4 fire damage

Azure Small Charm of Dexterity
Required Level: 16
Item Level: 48
Fingerprint: 0x1f6cbf16
+2 to Dexterity
Cold Resist +5%

Tangerine Small Charm of Vita
Required Level: 39
Fingerprint: 0x8a6ccff6
+19 to Life
Lightning Resist +3%

Rugged Small Charm of Vita
Fingerprint: 0x2e5ed7ba
+20 to Life
+12 to Maximum Stamina
Moron:

Azrael - level 89 Prayer
Ingiht eth Thresher
Duress Dusk Shroud
Crown of Thieves

Code:
Insight
Thresher
'RalTirTalSol'
Two-Hand Damage: 64 to 645
Durability: 33 of 33
Required Dexterity: 108
Required Strength: 142
Required Level: 53
Polearm Class - Fast Attack Speed
Fingerprint: 0x899237fd
+5 to Strength
+5 to Energy
+5 to Dexterity
+5 to Vitality
+206% Enhanced Damage
+9 to Minimum Damage
Adds 5-30 fire damage
+1 to Critical Strike
35% Faster Cast Rate
215% Bonus to Attack Rating
+2 to Mana After Each Kill
Level 14 Meditation Aura When Equipped
Ethereal (Cannot be Repaired), Socketed (4: 4 used)

Duress
Dusk Shroud
'ShaelUmThul'
Defense: 1177
Durability: 11 of 20
Required Strength: 77
Required Level: 49
Fingerprint: 0x80998933
+175% Enhanced Defense
+18% Enhanced Damage
Fire Resist +15%
Lightning Resist +15%
Cold Resist +45%
Poison Resist +15%
Adds 37-133 cold damage over 2 seconds
40% Faster Hit Recovery
33% Chance of Open Wounds
15% Chance of Crushing Blow
-20% Slower Stamina Drain
Socketed (3: 3 used)

Crown of Thieves
Grand Crown
Defense: 305
Durability: 40 of 50
Required Strength: 103
Fingerprint: 0x9d70091d
+25 to Dexterity
+50 to Life
+35 to Mana
+168% Enhanced Defense
Fire Resist +33%
12% Life stolen per hit
98% Extra Gold from Monsters
There you go, a rather terse account, but there truly is nothing I can add to the collected wisdom for this build. ;) Now back to Pindle.

edit: If anyone is interested, for running I swap out the resist charms for MF, put on PTopazed Tal's armour + belt, drop the FCR rings for MF, rare boots, and Chance Guards. If I ever find the bloody elusive amulet for Tal's set, I'll be wearing the full set.

edit edit: As for finds, considering she has been running Pindle and AT, she's found plenty, including Lightsabre, 3/3 fire Facet (my first), Stormshield, Medusa's gaze, Reaper's, Gimmershred x 2, M'avina's Embrace, Ormus' Robes (Blizzard!), The Rising Sun, Crown of Ages, Burrito Cannon, Bonehew, Djinn Slayer, Nord's Tenderiser, Baranar's Star x 2, Demon's Arch, Sandstorm Trek, and most annoyingly, Telling of Beads.

Originally posted by @Kitteh on Jul 16, 2012:

Matriarch Morag: Blizzard Sorceress

Introducing, Matriarch Morag!

Name: Morag
Class: Sorceress
Experience: 1668292878
Level: 90

Naked/Gear
Strength: 95/110
Dexterity: 30/61
Vitality: 380/394
Energy: 35/37
HP: 929/1205
Mana: 213/525
Stamina: 533/630
Defense: 7/1196
AR: 100/475

Fire: 135/95/35
Cold: 155/115/55
Lightning: 188/148/88
Poison: 209/169/109

MF: 50 Block: 14
GF: 18
FR/W: 20
FHR: 20
IAS: 0
FCR: 90

Fire Bolt: 0/0
Warmth: 1/9
Inferno: 0/0
Blaze: 0/0
Fire Ball: 0/0
Fire Wall: 0/0
Enchant: 0/0
Meteor: 0/0
Fire Mastery: 0/0
Hydra: 0/0

Charged Bolt: 0/0
Static Field: 1/9
Telekinesis: 1/9
Nova: 0/0
Lightning: 0/0
Chain Lightning: 0/0
Teleport: 1/9
Thunder Storm: 0/0
Energy Shield: 0/6
Lightning Mastery: 0/0

Ice Bolt: 20/28
Frozen Armor: 1/9
Frost Nova: 1/9
Ice Blast: 20/28
Shiver Armor: 0/0
Glacial Spike: 20/28
Blizzard: 20/28
Chilling Armor: 0/0
Frozen Orb: 0/0
Cold Mastery: 11/19

Code:
Ocher Small Charm of Shock
Small Charm
Required Level: 10
Fingerprint: 0x4ad839b9
Item Level: 17
Adds 1 - 6 Lightning Damage
Lightning Resist +7%

Coral Small Charm
Small Charm
Fingerprint: 0x9c969913
Lightning Resist +9%

Tome of Town Portal
Fingerprint: 0x60c282db
Item Level: 9

Jade Small Charm of Greed
Small Charm
Fingerprint: 0xfb8c6d95
Poison Resist +9%
10% Extra Gold from Monsters

Shimmering Small Charm
Small Charm
Fingerprint: 0x1c93fe54
All Resistances +4

Emerald Small Charm of Strength
Small Charm
Fingerprint: 0x4a91e7e3
Item Level: 55
+1 to Strength
Poison Resist +11%

Small Charm of Sustenance
Small Charm
Fingerprint: 0xca14318a
Item Level: 44
+14 to Life

Cobalt Small Charm of Strength
Small Charm
Fingerprint: 0x84ddd6c5
+2 to Strength
Cold Resist +9%

Cobalt Small Charm of Greed
Small Charm
Fingerprint: 0xefb8dd1e
Cold Resist +9%
8% Extra Gold from Monsters

Key
Fingerprint: 0xc9bc3ff5
Item Level: 95

Tal Rasha's Adjudication
Amulet
Required Level: 67
Fingerprint: 0xa2d7ce57
+2 to Sorceress Skill Levels
Adds 3 - 32 Lightning Damage
+50 to Life
+42 to Mana
Lightning Resist +33%
Set (4 items): +10% Faster Cast Rate

Storm Circle
Ring
Required Level: 60
Fingerprint: 0xf63a7bb8
+10% Faster Cast Rate
+34 to Life
+85 to Mana
+7 Maximum Stamina
Damage Reduced by 1

Harlequin Crest
Shako
Defense: 111
Durability: 6 of 12
Fingerprint: 0x1aac3cac
+2 to All Skills
All Stats +2
+135 to Life (Based on Character Level)
+135 to Mana (Based on Character Level)
Damage Reduced by 10%

Coral Small Charm
Small Charm
Fingerprint: 0x68269e47
Item Level: 41
Lightning Resist +9%

Horadric Cube
Fingerprint: 0xf883e52a
Item Level: 13

Arachnid Mesh
Spiderweb Sash
Defense: 138
Durability: 10 of 12
Fingerprint: 0xba161250
+1 to All Skills
+20% Faster Cast Rate
Slows Target by 10%
+120% Enhanced Defense
Increase Maximum Mana 5%
Level 3 Venom (9/11 Charges)

Frostburn
Gauntlets
Durability: 19 of 24
Fingerprint: 0xf48f7fd
5% Enhanced Damage
Adds 1 - 6 Cold Damage Over 2 Secs (50 Frames)
+19% Enhanced Defense
+30 Defense

Ormus' Robes
Dusk Shroud
Defense: 456
Durability: 17 of 20
Required Level: 75
Required Strength: 77
Fingerprint: 0xe71ae69e
+20% Faster Cast Rate
+15% to Cold Skill Damage
+10% to Lightning Skill Damage
+10% to Fire Skill Damage
+3 to Energy Shield (Sorceress Only)
+18 Defense
Regenerate Mana 14%

Gheed's Fortune
Grand Charm
Fingerprint: 0x9d14bc4b
110% Extra Gold from Monsters
Reduces all Vendor Prices 15%
35% Better Chance of Getting Magic Items

Boreal Small Charm of Good Luck
Small Charm
Required Level: 58
Fingerprint: 0x74da8e47
Adds 5 - 13 Cold Damage Over 1 Secs (25 Frames)
7% Better Chance of Getting Magic Items

Tome of Identify
Fingerprint: 0xb05b9a3d
Item Level: 91

Snake's Small Charm of Vita
Small Charm
Fingerprint: 0xca519aac
+20 to Life
+10 to Mana

Sapphire Small Charm
Small Charm
Fingerprint: 0x2ba576a7
Cold Resist +11%

Tangerine Small Charm of Life
Small Charm
Required Level: 14
Fingerprint: 0xde0aae9a
Item Level: 14
+8 to Life
Lightning Resist +4%

Garnet Small Charm
Small Charm
Fingerprint: 0x97ab7ff8
Fire Resist +9%

Raven Frost
Ring
Required Level: 45
Fingerprint: 0xee9068e9
+220 to Attack Rating
Adds 15 - 45 Cold Damage Over 4 Secs (100 Frames)
+19 to Dexterity
+40 to Mana
Cold Absorb 20%
Cannot Be Frozen

Sandstorm Trek
Scarabshell Boots
Defense: 254
Durability: 8 of 8
Required Level: 64
Required Strength: 81
Fingerprint: 0xaa88d9fc
+20% Faster Run/Walk
+20% Faster Hit Recovery
+157% Enhanced Defense
+10 to Strength
+12 to Vitality
+90 Maximum Stamina (Based on Character Level)
50% Slower Stamina Drain
Poison Resist +63%
Repairs 1 Durability in 20 Seconds
Ethereal

Stout Large Charm of Life
Large Charm
Fingerprint: 0xa0c16da3
+10 Defense
+15 to Life

Super Mana Potion
Replenishes Mana 250%

Super Mana Potion
Replenishes Mana 250%

Super Mana Potion
Replenishes Mana 250%

Super Mana Potion
Replenishes Mana 250%

Super Mana Potion
Replenishes Mana 250%

Super Healing Potion
Replenish Life +320

Super Healing Potion
Replenish Life +320

Super Healing Potion
Replenish Life +320

Heart of the Oak
Flail
KoVexPulThul
One Hand Damage: 1 - 24
Durability: 18 of 30
Required Level: 55
Required Strength: 41
Required Dexterity: 35
Fingerprint: 0xd817f3ba
+3 to All Skills
+40% Faster Cast Rate
+75% Damage to Demons
+100 to Attack Rating against Demons
+150% Damage to Undead
Adds 3 - 14 Cold Damage Over 3 Secs (75 Frames)
7% Mana stolen per hit
+10 to Dexterity
Replenish Life +20
Increase Maximum Mana 15%
All Resistances +39
Level 4 Oak Sage (25/25 Charges)
Level 14 Raven (60/60 Charges)
4 Sockets (4 used)
Socketed: Ko Rune
Socketed: Vex Rune
Socketed: Pul Rune

Ko Rune
Weapons: +10 to Dexterity
Armor: +10 to Dexterity
Shields: +10 to Dexterity

Vex Rune
Weapons: 7% Mana stolen per hit
Armor: +5% to Maximum Fire Resist
Shields: +5% to Maximum Fire Resist

Pul Rune
Required Level: 45
Weapons: +75% Damage to Demons
Armor: +30% Enhanced Defense
Shields: +30% Enhanced Defense

Thul Rune
Required Level: 23
Weapons: Adds 3 - 14 Cold Damage Over 3 Secs (75 Frames)
Armor: Cold Resist +30%
Shields: Cold Resist +35%

Moser's Blessed Circle
Round Shield
Defense: 173
Chance to Block: 37
Durability: 58 of 64
Required Strength: 53
Fingerprint: 0x91ac3b41
+30% Faster Block Rate
25% Increased Chance of Blocking
+209% Enhanced Defense
All Resistances +63
2 Sockets (2 used)

Perfect Diamond
Weapons: +68% Damage to Undead
Armor: +100 to Attack Rating
Shields: Cold Resist +19%
Lightning Resist +19%
Fire Resist +19%
Poison Resist +19%

Perfect Diamond
Weapons: +68% Damage to Undead
Armor: +100 to Attack Rating
Shields: Cold Resist +19%
Lightning Resist +19%
Fire Resist +19%
Poison Resist +19%

Amulet of the Ox
Amulet
Fingerprint: 0x8c3a48db
+7 to Strength

Amulet of Sorcery
Amulet
Fingerprint: 0xbd774f04
+11 to Energy

Diamond Jewel
Jewel
Fingerprint: 0x6b974bd5
Item Level: 39
+34% Damage to Demons
+34 to Attack Rating against Demons

Aureolic Jewel of Daring
Jewel
Fingerprint: 0x468cdb30
Item Level: 38
+4 to Dexterity
+3 to Mana after each Kill

Perfect Amethyst
Weapons: +150 to Attack Rating
Armor: +10 to Strength
Shields: +30 Defense

Perfect Amethyst
Weapons: +150 to Attack Rating
Armor: +10 to Strength
Shields: +30 Defense

Ral Rune
Weapons: Adds 5 - 30 Fire Damage
Armor: Fire Resist +30%
Shields: Fire Resist +35%

Ral Rune
Weapons: Adds 5 - 30 Fire Damage
Armor: Fire Resist +30%
Shields: Fire Resist +35%

Mercenary:

Name:       Haseen
Race:       Desert Mercenary
Type:       Def-Hell
Experience: 95823290
Level:      90
Dead?:      false

Naked/Gear
Strength:   191/191
Dexterity:  153/153
HP:         1830/1890
Defense:    1345/2071
AR:         1835/1835

Fire:       203/163/103
Cold:       203/163/103
Lightning:  203/163/103
Poison:    203/163/103

Shaftstop
Mesh Armor
Defense: 603
Durability: 22 of 45
Required Level: 38
Required Strength: 92
Fingerprint: 0x5bbe4e46
+182% Enhanced Defense
+250 Defense vs. Missile
+60 to Life
Damage Reduced by 30%

Kira's Guardian
Tiara
Defense: 123
Durability: 13 of 25
Required Level: 77
Fingerprint: 0x8ded9333
Item Level: 99
+20% Faster Hit Recovery
+74 Defense
All Resistances +52
Cannot Be Frozen

The Reaper's Toll
Thresher
Two Hand Damage: 38 - 449
Durability: 39 of 65
Required Level: 75
Required Strength: 114
Required Dexterity: 89
Fingerprint: 0x6c2bb7a9
33% Chance to cast level 1 Decrepify on striking
219% Enhanced Damage
Ignore Target's Defense
Adds 4 - 44 Cold Damage Over 0 Secs (9 Frames)
15% Life stolen per hit
33% Deadly Strike
Requirements -25%

Originally I made a fishmancer, but I swapped to a blizz sorc early Hell with the MFO in mind (which I finished this morning, and got a green SA and a gold SA 10 minutes later...). Nothing spectacular, just your usual really.

Just got arach and made the hoto today, although I'm hoping for Eschuta's. Just need griffons/infinity :badteeth:

Going to do some cow runs to get monarch/suitable polearm.

Not a fantastic write up, not really into them :loving:

Thanks!

Originally posted by lone_wolf on Nov 15, 2005:

RWM Matriarch Rolana level 83

RWM 1.11 Matriarch Rolana blizzard sorc level 83

Stats without/ and with gear

Str 95/96
Dex 180/234
Vitality 190/190
Energy 35/45

Life 957
Mana 438

75% block

res 80,75,75,75

total MF%= 316

Nightmare HF drop= Shael :(
Hell HF drop= Lum

LCS:

Blizzard 4792-5055
Glacial spike 1217-1292
Ice blast 2359-2444

Skills:

Fire:

Warmth 7
Fire mastery(item) 8

Lightning:

Static 7
Telekinis 7
Teleport 7
Lightning mastery(item) 8

Cold:

Frost nova 10
Cold mastery 21
Blizzard 29
Glacial spike 29
Ice blast 29
Ice bolt 28

Gear:

Helm tal mask sockeded with ptopaz
Ammy 1,09( :( ) tal ammy
Armor; tal armor sockeded with ptopaz
Belt: tal belt
Weapon: tal orb sockeded with ist
Shield: moser sockeded with 2 pdiamond for res
Gloves: 39% chance guard
Boots: waterwalk
Ring1: dwarf star
Ring2: raven frost

3 shilling GC and one gheeds 31%
various res sc

merc gear:

helm: gaze
armor: shaftstop sockeded with um
weapon: insight thresher with lev 17 meditation aura

The main duty of this char now is to let my meteor/orb sorc retire(I found her way to slow at meph killing for my taste) and kill meph atleast 5000 times.

Should let me cover some holes in my grail I think.

Originally posted by Low Key on Aug 31, 2008:

Really short Blizzsorc Mat and asking for some advice.

Matriarch Erandis - Blizzsorc

I made a Blizz sorc. Playing her was fun, I suppose. Took about 6 hours total with heavy twinking and skipping most areas. No real items of value during the run, Hellforges were El/Shael/Lem.

Items
Switch 1: Riinfosu's Corpse Whorl + 35% FCR Spirit Monarch
Switch 2: CtA + Spirit Monarch
Helm: Nightwing's Veil with Cold Facet +18%/-4%
Body: Up'd Skin of the Vipermagi with Um.
Belt: Arachnid Mesh
Gloves: Bloodfist
Boots: Sandstorm Trek
Jewelry: SoJ x2, Mara's.
Charms: 5x Chilling skiller, 1x Shimmering Grand Charm, Gheeds, 7x Shimmering Small Charms.

Special thanks for NagisaFurukawa for donating the weapon for the character. 👍

Code:
Riinfosu's Corpse Whorl
Clasped Orb
One-Hand Damage: 5 to 12
Durability: 120 of 120
(Sorceress Only)
Orb Class - Normal Attack Speed
Fingerprint: 0x75b38b65
+6 to Energy
+116 to Mana
Cold Resist +37%
Adds 24-38 cold damage over 0 seconds
20% Faster Cast Rate
+3 to Blizzard (Sorceress Only)
100% Chance to cast Level 37 Blizzard When You Die
10% Chance to cast Level 3 Nova on striking
+4% to Cold Skill Damage
-5% to Enemy Cold Resistance

But now for the advice part. I made this character for specifically running the usual Blizzsorc targets like AT, Meph and most importanly for me, Pindle. I'm planning on doing massed Pindleruns in the thousands, with the target between 5k-10k runs and for that, I need to gear up properly. What I'm wondering, is how to balance my MF, FCR and killing power?

I'm going to guess that killing wont be too problematic thanks to the builds innately high amount of damage, but I'm somewhat worried is the 63% FCR breakpoint enough with massed runs, or should I push for the 105% breakpoint? My currently planned MF setup looks like follows:

- Occy with Ist
- Shako
- Tal's belt, armor and amulet
- Splendor shield
- SoJ + Rare ring with MF/FCR
- Chance Guards
- War Travelers
- Gheeds + other charms as needed.

With this setup I should reach 70% FCR, 450+ MF% and +9 to skills, not counting what various charms would add. Does the setup seem reasonable enough for Pindle or should I push for more MF or more FCR?

I also have a second question regarding leftover skillpoints. Right now I have Blizzard and all it's synergies maxed, with 1p in Cold Mastery, Teleport, Telekinesis and Static, with 9 points left to spare. Should I just spend the points in Cold Mastery or something else, like increasing my Static radius?

Thanks!

Originally posted by Luca Rescigno on Jul 5, 2007:

Matriarch Ice - my first single-tree sorc

Not just my first single-tree sorc, but my first Mat/Pat thread as well. I've done several since I started posting here regularly, but I never bothered to make a thread. I guess Ice was notable for my having completed her so quickly. I created her several weeks ago, but she sat at level 1 for a while and I only started using her earlier this week. So she went really quick.

Pure Blizzers seem popular here, and I can see why. Cold immunes are a huge pain but everything else dies SO fast, including bosses and the non-CI Ancients.

As usual, I was twinked to the gills, going melee-only with a 3 Jewel of Envy Mask and various other twink gear until level 18, when I gave myself a huge mana boost with a 4 PSapphire Gothic Plate and a 3 PSapphire Crown.

My Merc was pretty good about killing CI enemies, with my help using Static and TK. The worst was CI/PI Hephasto, who took about 10 minutes to kill with Reaper's Toll. Things went faster when I got the idea to give thawing potions to my merc to unfreeze him. And for all that trouble, HF gave me an Io rune :rolleyes:

Ending stats:
Ice Blast damage: 2238-2316
Blizzard damage: 4480-4716
Defense: 2723 (Frozen Armor)
Life: 1047
Mana: 884
Fire/Cold/Lightning resist: 75
Poison resist: 24

Strength: 140/157
Dexterity: 25/72
Vitality: 285/319
Energy: 35/37

Gear:
Weapon 1: HotO (31% res)
Shield 1: Spirit (34% FCR :rolleyes:)
Weapon 2: Gull
Shield 2: Milabrega's Orb
Head: Harlequin Crest (PTopaz)
Body: Tal Rasha's Guardianship (PTopaz)
Gloves: Trang-Oul's Claws
Belt: Tal Rasha's Fine-Spun Cloth
Boots: War Traveler
Amulet: Tal Rasha's Adjudication
Ring 1: The Stone of Jordan
Ring 2: Rare (10% FCR, 15 dex, 90 mana, 29% fire res, 10% poison res)
Charms:
15% Shimmering GC
5 str/57 mana GC
39% Gheed's Fortune
33 life large charm
3x10% fire res SC
2x17 life SC
16 life/5 mana SC
4x7%MF SC

Merc:
Kira's Guardian
Leviathan
Reaper's Toll (Amn)
Face Of Horror (Strength prebuff for Leviathan)

I got lucky with an amazing Durance 2 map - the stairs are just around the corner from the waypoint. Not ideal (i.e. through a wall for 1-2 teleports), but it only takes 5-6. So I'll probably do quite a few Meph runs, and Ice will replace my Blizzballer, Erzulie.

Originally posted by @maareek on Mar 2, 2009:

Matriarch Spike, Glacial Spike Sorceress

Yes, I named a sorc Spike. All I'll say on the subject is, it was a ruff decision.

Spike is, of course, a Glacial Spike sorceress. Based off of sirpoopsalot's recent incarnation, sans the crazy circlet and the 200% FCR. Even after reading that mat thread, I'll admit I was somewhat wary of just how she would play out; I was pleasantly surprised.

Info:

Character name : Spike
Character type : Sorceress
Character level : 83

Strength : 146 (156)
Energy : 35
Dexterity : 35 (56)
Vitality : 289 (316)

Life : 977 / 740
Mana : 802 / 199

Skills:

Glacial Spike, Ice Bolt, Ice Blast, Frozen Orb: 20 (33)
Cold Mastery: 9(22)
Rest in required skills and utilities, no warmth.

Glacial Spike does 2030-2145 damage per hit. Not bad at all, really.

Gear:

Code:
Nightwing's Veil
Spired Helm
Defense: 315
Durability: 39 of 40
Required Strength: 96
Fingerprint: 0x6c012d45
+11 to Dexterity
+97% Enhanced Defense
Requirements -50%
Half Freeze Duration
+2 to All Skill Levels
+9 Cold Absorb
100% Chance to cast Level 43 Frost Nova When You Level Up
+20% to Cold Skill Damage
-3% to Enemy Cold Resistance

Rainbow Facet
Jewel
Fingerprint: 0x3fd2afba
100% Chance to cast Level 43 Frost Nova When You Level Up
+5% to Cold Skill Damage
-3% to Enemy Cold Resistance

Tal Rasha's Adjudication
Amulet
Fingerprint: 0x6f049851
+50 to Life
+42 to Mana
Lightning Resist +33%
Adds 3-32 lightning damage

***Partial Set Item Bonuses***
10% Faster Cast Rate

Heart of the Oak
Fabian's Flail
'KoVexPulThul'
One-Hand Damage: 1 to 24
Required Dexterity: 35
Required Strength: 41
Mace Class - Fast Attack Speed
Fingerprint: 0xbdb1689a
+10 to Dexterity
All Resistances +39
Adds 3-14 cold damage over 3 seconds
7% Mana stolen per hit
Replenish Life +20
Increase Maximum Mana 15%
40% Faster Cast Rate
75% Damage to Demons
150% Damage to Undead
+3 to All Skill Levels
Level 4 Oak Sage (25/25 Charges)
Level 14 Raven (60/60 Charges)

Spirit
Monarch
'TalThulOrtAmn'
Defense: 140
Chance to Block:  42%
Fingerprint: 0xc0da8d62
+22 to Vitality
+90 to Mana
+250 Defense vs. Missile
Lightning Resist +35%
Cold Resist +35%
Poison Resist +35%
55% Faster Hit Recovery
35% Faster Cast Rate
+2 to All Skill Levels
+7 Magic Absorb

Skin of the Vipermagi
Serpentskin Armor
Durability: 22 of 24
Item Level: 55
Fingerprint: 0xae36c602
+120% Enhanced Defense
Magic Damage Reduced by 10
All Resistances +34
30% Faster Cast Rate
+1 to All Skill Levels

Arachnid Mesh
Spiderweb Sash
Defense: 134
Durability: 11 of 12
Fingerprint: 0x2f68abc4
+114% Enhanced Defense
Increase Maximum Mana 5%
20% Faster Cast Rate
+1 to All Skill Levels
Slows Target by 10%
Level 3 Venom (11/11 Charges)

The Stone of Jordan
Ring
Fingerprint: 0xdd693e17
+20 to Mana
Adds 1-12 lightning damage
Increase Maximum Mana 25%
+1 to All Skill Levels

The Stone of Jordan
Ring
Fingerprint: 0xb5e5d7e5
+20 to Mana
Adds 1-12 lightning damage
Increase Maximum Mana 25%
+1 to All Skill Levels

Frostburn
Gauntlets
Fingerprint: 0x6401ec5c
+19% Enhanced Defense
+5% Enhanced Damage
+30 Defense
Adds 1-6 cold damage over 2 seconds

War Traveler
Battle Boots
Defense: 124
Durability: 48 of 48
Required Strength: 95
Item Level: 84
Fingerprint: 0xb4352cf4
+10 to Strength
+10 to Vitality
+159% Enhanced Defense
+15 to Minimum Damage
+25 to Maximum Damage
+30 Maximum Durability
Attacker Takes Damage of 5
43% Better Chance of Getting Magic Items
25% Faster Run/Walk
40% Slower Stamina Drain

Charms:

Code:
Tangerine Small Charm of Vita
Fingerprint: 0xc307b306
+20 to Life
Lightning Resist +4%

Shimmering Small Charm of Storms
Fingerprint: 0x35d55041
All Resistances +5
Adds 1-20 lightning damage

Shimmering Small Charm of Good Luck
Item Level: 66
Fingerprint: 0x90d35ed0
All Resistances +4

Emerald Small Charm of Vita
Item Version: Expansion
Fingerprint: 0x5dc2e8fc
+17 to Life
Poison Resist +10%

Ruby Small Charm of Sustenance
Fingerprint: 0xbfb39c32
+12 to Life
Fire Resist +10%

Garnet Small Charm of Sustenance
Item Level: 46
Fingerprint: 0x3821d60e
+14 to Life
Fire Resist +9%

Ruby Small Charm of Fortune
Item Level: 66
Fingerprint: 0xa4bd86fc
Fire Resist +11%
4% Better Chance of Getting Magic Items

Amber Small Charm of Vita
Fingerprint: 0x4a023ff8
+17 to Life
Lightning Resist +10%

Sapphire Small Charm of Good Luck
Fingerprint: 0x3317f842
Cold Resist +11%
7% Better Chance of Getting Magic Items

Ruby Small Charm of Life
Fingerprint: 0x3efba234
+9 to Life
Fire Resist +10%

Snake's Small Charm of Vita
Item Level: 64
Fingerprint: 0x88d28d3e
+18 to Life
+11 to Mana

Garnet Small Charm of Balance
Fingerprint: 0x2bbda548
Fire Resist +8%
5% Faster Hit Recovery

Gheed's Fortune
Grand Charm
Fingerprint: 0xf1ca2ced
114% Extra Gold from Monsters
40% Better Chance of Getting Magic Items
Reduces All Vendor Prices 12%

Shimmering Grand Charm of Greed
Item Level: 41
Fingerprint: 0xec68dbc
All Resistances +14
38% Extra Gold from Monsters

Shimmering Grand Charm of Life
Fingerprint: 0xc4210775
+16 to Life
All Resistances +14

Chalan, Might Merc:

Code:
Vampire Gaze
Grim Helm
Defense: 378
Durability: 21 of 21
Required Strength: 48
Fingerprint: 0x9f678bf5
+100% Enhanced Defense
Magic Damage Reduced by 12
Damage Reduced by 17%
Adds 6-22 cold damage over 4 seconds
6% Life stolen per hit
8% Mana stolen per hit
15% Increased Attack Speed
15% Slower Stamina Drain
Ethereal (Cannot be Repaired), Socketed (1: 1 used)

Jewel of Fervor
Fingerprint: 0x5161ff71
15% Increased Attack Speed

Duress
Fabian's Archon Plate
'ShaelUmThul'
Defense: 2557
Durability: 31 of 31
Required Strength: 93
Required Level: 63
Item Version: Expansion
Fingerprint: 0x29899e45
+175% Enhanced Defense
+50% Enhanced Defense
+13% Enhanced Damage
Fire Resist +15%
Lightning Resist +15%
Cold Resist +45%
Poison Resist +15%
Adds 37-133 cold damage over 2 seconds
40% Faster Hit Recovery
Ethereal (Cannot be Repaired), Socketed (3: 3 used)

Insight
Thresher
'RalTirTalSol'
Two-Hand Damage: 68 to 692
Durability: 33 of 33
Required Dexterity: 108
Required Strength: 142
Polearm Class - Fast Attack Speed
Item Level: 78
Fingerprint: 0x5f0954d6
+5 to Strength
+5 to Energy
+5 to Dexterity
+5 to Vitality
+228% Enhanced Damage
+9 to Minimum Damage
Adds 5-30 fire damage
+1 to Critical Strike
35% Faster Cast Rate
237% Bonus to Attack Rating
+2 to Mana After Each Kill
Level 16 Meditation Aura When Equipped
Ethereal (Cannot be Repaired), Socketed (4: 4 used)

Play:

Normal and Nightmare were a breeze, p8 all the way. 5 deaths combined between the 2, all because of misjudging GS's freezing radius - nova it ain't. Standard twinking gear the whole way.

Hell:

Leveled at the Countess - first time I've done that, and I'm a little divided. I'll probably level up at her with chars that can't run an alvl85 area, such as this one, but level up in those areas otherwise. Had some nice finds, though. Rest of Act I was easy; p1 andy(forgot to up the psetting) dropped crap.

Found a hornet nest type boss pack in Act 2, which was the majority of the excitement there. Did a few AT runs while I was in the area, and found this sorc oddly capable. With a good map, she could be a solid contender, I think. At the very least, she performed miles ahead of the FO sorcs I've tried. P3 Duriel was a joke, as usual. Act 3 jungle was very nice, found everything very quickly and was on my way. Council were np, neither was p3 Meph.

Act 4 was a bit of a slog. Died to a fanaticism aided triple boss pack in the first area and didn't feel like S&E'ing, so the Gloams hurt. Izual collapsed in seconds, as did Hephasto. The HF was swarming with Grotesque spawners, interspersed with Doom Knights and Maulers. It took quite a while to clear, including a lot of pack separating and desperate potion quaffing, but finally we managed to punch a hole in the swarm and swoop in to the forge, which dropped an Io. You gotta be kiddin' me. I did discover a new shortcut in the RoF, though. CS took some time, but p3 Diablo required practically none.

Did a few Mephisto runs at this point (had 30 minutes free waiting for a Starcraft match cast to begin, so I figured what the heck) and found her to be very competent at that, as well. Never really ran Meph with such a low level char before (nor terribly much, at all) so I can't really compare, but I was pleased with her times.

Act 5 was ... well, Act 5 with a pure cold sorc. No deaths, but plenty of NDE's and skipped monsters. Ancients required one re-roll (cursed + stone skin + dual CI + ES + EF = no thx); the leaper was Stone Skin + cursed, so I drew as many swings from him as I could (managed to juke enough to make most whiff) to keep from having to feed the merc all my potions. Throne had dolls, and Achmel's pack managed to raise every single one of them at least once. Lots of NDE's there. No CI Lister = no more trouble with the waves. p3 Baal killed the merc, but went down and provided his crappy drop in fairly short order regardless.

Finds:

-NM Forge: Dol
-Hell Forge: Io
-Lenymo from normal Baal
-Emerald (11) SC of Balance, from Countess
-Fungal GC of Dex (4), from Countess
-Amber (11) SC of Greed (9)
-Lem rune, from Countess
-Lum rune, from regular Devilkin during Countess runs
-Fal rune, from Bone Ash
-Guillaume's Face, in the Rocky Waste
-Tgod's, in the Great Marsh
-Lum rune, from chest behind Meph
-Valkyrie Wing, from Meph
-CB Ormus, from Meph

The Lenymo was a grailer, and ethereal besides, so that was great. On the whole, she was quite lucky considering she only had a little over 100 MF at the most, and the majority of her drops came before she even had that much.

Future:

I'm not sure what the future holds for Spike. She's a fun char, but basically anything I could/would run with her she'd be inefficient in comparison to other chars I have.

As for me, I don't think I'll be making any new chars for awhile. I need to work on whittling down my 5k AT runs project (I've only done a few hundred since the MFO), and of course there's LK running I still want to do, but the biggest reason is most of the time I spend playing anything now is being turned towards my old love, Starcraft. Still my favorite game I've ever played. And a new ladder season's starting up in the next day or two, so it's time to get owned hardcore by Koreans again.

The next character I make will most likely be either some sort of zon or a paladin using Griswold's set. Since I know enough about those classes combined to fill a thimble about halfway, I'll be asking the assistance of the forum beforehand, I'm sure.

I would definitely advise anyone to try one of these sorcs out, but I'd say she needs fairly decent gear to really be enjoyable, at least if you're like me. Even at the 105 FCR BP, she's a bit of a mana hog, so keep that in mind.

Thanks to:

-sirpoopsalot, for his mat thread that gave me the idea, and his consistently captivating builds.
-Ashmer Amadeus, for the facet in the hat.
-bassano, for one of the SoJ's.
-Fabian, for the Amber SC of Vita, Emerald SC of Vita, HotO and Duress, along with the other items from his giveaway.

Thanks for reading!

Last edited:
Originally posted by martinkingss on Jan 15, 2006:

matriarch servedIceCold

Martinkings first mat since restart :D

Matriarch ServedIceCold lvl 88 Sorceress

Skills: maxed: Ice bolt, ice blast, glacial spike, blizzard. and enough in Cold mastery to make it lvl 15

Guess what kind of char it is ^^

1 point wonders: warmth, telekinesis, teleport, Shiver armor

stats after eq, to lazy to check without

str: 105
dex:47
vita:384 ^^,
energy:82

Now too the fun part; the equipment:

start from head.
harlequin crest, 127 def, not socketed
ServedIceCold's Tal Rasha's Guardianship
Lacquered Plate
Defense: 865
Durability: 55 of 55
Required Strength: 83
Required Level: 71
Item Version: 1.10 Expansion
Fingerprint: 0xb93facd1
+400 Defense
Magic Damage Reduced by 15
Fire Resist +40%
Lightning Resist +40%
Cold Resist +40%
**% Better Chance of Getting Magic Items
Requirements -60%

10% Faster Cast Rate

found myself at pindle, much better to use than 4xtopaz armor :p

occulus, wartravelers, 42 mf, tal belt,

Stone Loop
Ring
Fingerprint: 0x52f1ccdc
+87 to Mana
All Resistances +6

Nagelring
Ring
Fingerprint: 0x7b91e641
+70 to Attack Rating

chance guard, 29 mf,

Entropy Wing
Amulet
Fingerprint: 0x2d1285b8
+2 to Minimum Damage
Fire Resist +4%
Lightning Resist +4%
Cold Resist +29%
Poison Resist +4%
30% Extra Gold from Monsters
+1 to Sorceress Skill Levels
+1 to Mana After Each Kill
12% Chance to cast Level 4 Nova when struck

Chromatic Tower Shield of Deflecting
Defense: 22
Chance to Block: 64%
Durability: 60 of 60
Required Strength: 75
Fingerprint: 0xef6f26f3
+20% Increased Chance of Blocking
All Resistances +22
30% Faster Block Rate

this shield looks like crap, but i like too style points, when ur totally purple :p

mostly life scs, and 1 gheed..a bad gheed, i accidently sold my good while gambling :'(

life:1187
mana:552

merc: crappy.

Blackhorn's Face for slow and absorb, toothrow socked p ametyhst to be able to wear a amn*2 bonehew

notable finds on the way:

tal armor, gris shield, natalyas armor, ik helm, mavinas armor from hell baal q. i just miss a part from aldurs and hrm...trang ouls..

think thats all. happy new year.

this is a bit late, thats why i have written happy new year. this char is now lvl 90 :D

Originally posted by MaxAttack on Jan 4, 2006:

Matriach BlizzagaMaks

I just restarted playing Diablo II a few days ago. I still had the Blizzard Sorc I made 4 months ago for Mf. I Mf'ed a lot with her and I found some stuffs for her and her fellow merc friend so I decided to open pindle portal and freeze up Baal for good. Here is the stats and gear of my sorc:

Name: BlizzagaMaks
Class: Sorceres
Lvl: 79
Exp: 67777822/681027665
Str: 99
Dex: 25
Vit: 314
Energy: 50
Life: 786(1001 w/gear)
Mana: 220(445 w/gear)

Skills:

1 Warmth/Telekenis/Frost Nova/Teleport
4 Ice Bolt
20 Ice Blast
18 Glacial Spkike
20 Blizzard
14 Static Field

Gear:

Shako w/PTopaz
Skulder Ire
The Occulus
Lidless Wall
War Traveler(50 mf :p im very lucky)
Chance Gardians
The Eye of Elitch
2 x Angelic Halo (I forgot to put on my 2 Nagel Rings)

Merc:

Name: Hazade
Class: Hell Offensive Act 2
Tal Rasha Crest
Duriel's Shell
Home Sudan
Dmg: 424-740
Def: 1,841

My Blizzard damage was 3472-3664, I chose to boost Static Field a little bit wich help me a lot in lot of situations and my blizzard still does good damage. I was lucky with the ancients (only 4 reroll) but beating Frozenstein and his buddies was difficult, I had to kill each of his friends by making them follow me and watch my merc getting rid of him. I took a Hell offensive merc because I wanted him to have more AR so the crushing blow from Home Sundan connects more. The most difficult part of Hell was beating Lord Seis, I had to buy a War Axe of Vileness(Prevent Monster from Healing) so my merc could has a chance of killing him. I got a Mal from Hellforge and a Pul from nightmare. Well that pretty much all of it and the next character I'm going to make will be an hammerdin, Im a veteran EnigmHamerdin from battle.net ( I made 2 of them) so I want to see how I can do without teleport.

Thanks for reading and for your comments

Originally posted by maxgerin on Jun 24, 2006:

Matriarch Laura, the BlizzSorc

This more recent Mat reminded me to post about my IK Barb...

Character name : Matriarch Laura
Character level : 88
Character exp : 1407523779

Strength : 95
Energy : 35
Dexterity : 25
Vitality : 340
Stat Points Rem : 35
Skill Points Rem: 2

Life : 1013 / 847
Mana : 372 / 209
Stamina : 508 / 491

Skills (Hard Points)

Cold Skills
20 Ice Bolt
1 Frost Nova
20 Ice Blast
20 Glacial Spike
20 Blizzard
10 Cold Mastery

Lightning Skills
1 Static Field
1 Telekinesis
1 teleport

Fire Skills
1 Warmth

Laura's Gears:
Helm -- +12%Cold Nightwing's Veil / Harlequin Crest (with PTopaz)
Armor -- +3Blizz/+15%Cold Ormus' Robes (with perfect Cold Facet) / Skullder's Ire (with PTopaz)
Weapon -- +20%Cold Death's Fathom / The Oculus
Shield -- Rhyme Grim Shield
Switch Weapon -- Call to Arms
Switch Shield -- Lidless Wall
Belt -- Snowclash/Upped Goldswrap
Amulet -- Mara's +28
Ring -- The Stone of Jordan
Ring -- The Stone of Jordan

Gloves -- Chance Guards/Wraith Claw:
Heavy Gloves
+8 to Dexterity
Fire Resist +30%
Cold Resist +23%
Poison Resist +27%
20% Increased Attack Speed

Boots -- War Traveler/Blood Stalker
Greaves
Fire Resist +40%
Lightning Resist +29%
Poison Resist +27%
30% Faster Run/Walk
14% Chance to cast Level 5 Nova when struck

Backpack: mfsc's and Gheed's

Merc Ilzan's (Holy Freeze, level 88) Gears:
Helm--Vampire Gaze
Armor--Eth Shaftstop
Weapon--Reaper's Toll

The usual /p8 for Normal and NM.
I think I dropped it to /p1 in act3 Hell, iirc, to hasten my progress...and the fact that many a3 critters are Cold Immune.
NM Hellforge dropped an Um. Hell dropped a Mal.
Unusually high clvl for me before completing the game.
Did some Pindle runs til I reached clvl87 before deciding to mat her.

Any questions? Comments? Suggestions? Just post them! :)

--maxgerin

Originally posted by maxgerin on Apr 7, 2008:

Mat Shannon -- Frozen Orber

I patterned her according to CRG's Layla-II.
Not as uber, but meh...not bad me thinks.

Matriarch Shannon

Character name : Shannon
Character level : 88
Character exp : 1425051385

Strength : 125 (160)
Energy : 35 (40)
Dexterity : 25 (44)
Vitality : 320 (357)
Stat Points Rem : 25
Skill Points Rem: 0

Skills
(Hardpoints Invested):
Cold--Max Ice Bolt, Max Frozen Orb, 13 Cold Mastery, 1 each for the others except Chilling Armor. (+14 from gears)
Fire--15 Fire Bolt, Max Fire Ball, 1 Warmth, 1 Fire Mastery. (+15 from gears)
Lightning--1 each for Static Field, Telekinesis, Teleport. (+14 from gears)

Frozen Orb Damage: 921--964
Fire Ball Damage: 3347--3653

Gear:
Helm: Nightwing's Veil w/ Cold Facet (+16%CD / -5%CR)
Armor: Chains of Honor--Archon Plate
Weapon 1: Death's Fathom w/ Cold Facet (+25%CD / -5%CR), (35FR,32LR)
Shield 1: Spirit--Monarch (35FCR, +22 Vita, +108 Mana)
Weapon 2: Call to Arms--Crystal Sword
Shield 2: Spirit--Monarch (35FCR, +22 Vita, +96 Mana)
Amulet: Mara's Kaleidoscope (+28 RA)
Ring 1: The Stone of Jordan
Ring 2: The Stone of Jordan
Gloves: Magefist
Belt: Arachnid Mesh
Boots: War Traveler

Charms: 1 Gheed's, 25 SC's of Good Luck some with Prefixes (not that they brought me luck with Baal). :rolleyes:
I only have 1 Chiller left in my collection so I didn't bother using it.
Which reminds me, I have to trade for these. :scratch:

Merc Kasim, another HF merc. Life in the pic was with BO active.

Helm: Delirium Tiara
Armor: Fortitude Archon Plate
Weapon: Eth Reaper's Toll w/ open socket

Gaming Experience:
Normal and Nightmare I can't remember for the life of me, just like my MeteOrber I suppose since FO is the primary killer.
I started this character ~2 years ago, shortly before taking a long break.
Left it at NM A5, so all I did in NM was level her with Pindle and kill Baal.
All her skills were mainly Cold when I got back.
Was actually considering to Max Cold Mastery FTW, but immunes were really starting to be pain-in-the-***.
Eventually decided to pump fire skills in Hell since Immunes became more rampant.

Was wondering why I didn't have full resist, knowing that when I rescue Anya usually I get max resist. Then I found out I was questing A5 with MF charms, which didn't help with the finds anyway. 👅
Hell Ancients didn't have to be re-rolled. Two dropped like flies with FO, the other was dealt with with FB and Merc.
I'm really starting to <3 Delirium more and more, and my merc <3 the Fort.

I think she's has the highest clvl of all my characters at the point of killing Baal. I just leveled her through /p8 Pindle runs (hence the MF charms).

Comments, suggestions, mistakes, rants, whatever, are always welcome. :flowers:

EDIT 1: I |\|00b. I |<n0w n0T Ss. (Fixed the screenshots, hopefully.)
EDIT 2: Ok, I'm starting to hate free(k)webs. Why can't they show it full screen?! (Or is there a way I know not.)

--maxgerin

Originally posted by @maxicek on Jul 22, 2006:

First SP Mat - Matriach Stormbringer

Character name : Stormbringer
Character level : 89
Character exp : 1524020226

Strength : 103
Energy : 37
Dexterity : 202
Vitality : 188
Stat Points Rem : 0
Skill Points Rem: 0

Life : 758 / 544
Mana : 724 / 215
Stamina : 362 / 340

Gold (Inventory): 28220
Gold (Stash) : 1737456

Skills
20 Blizzard
20 Cold Mastery
20 Glacial Spike
20 Ice Blast
15 Ice Bolt
Teleport, Telekinesis, Warmth, Static.

Equipment

Primary
Occulus - Thanks again Nac Runo giveaway
"Rhyme" Grim Shield

Secondary
Wizardspike - Thanks jjscud giveaway
Lidless Wall

Harlequin Crest (Perfect Topaz) - Thanks Kefir-Tribe (I think)
Skullders Ire (Perfect Topaz) - Thanks again Arreat_Mercenary giveaway
Goldwrap (Upped 40%MF) / Thundergod's Vigor
Chance Guards (40%MF) / Trang Oul's Claws
War Travellers (41%MF) / Natalyas Soul
Tal Rasha's Adjudication
Nagelrings (29%MF & 24%MF)

Inventory
Both Tomes & Cube, Various life & MF charms, 36% Gheeds.

Mercenary Items
Shaftstop, Vampire Gaze
The Reaper's Toll, Kelpie snare or Insight Partizan as required.

Hellforge
Nightmare Um, Hell Ist.

Well it's taken a while but I've finally got around to matting my Blizzsorc. I think she is testament to the fact that it possible to get some decent equipment from the giveaway thread if you are patient 😁

Best drops - well a lot really, but then she has been used for a lot of Meph runs. I levelled her from about 77 to 88 just off Meph. My Death's Fathom from Pindle was probably the best though. Baal dropped one green and two yellow Breast Plates and some other rubbish :rolleyes:

I used the Wizardspike and lidless to up the FCR when teleporting. When I was questing I swapped the gear around a bit to pump up the resists.

Act 5 Hell was mainly teleported through. The Ancients weren't much of a problem, two quickly went down to Blizzard and my Merc took his time over the CI one.

Originally posted by moiselvus on Jul 21, 2009:

Matriarch Fo-shiz

Thanks to Zaliqai, my Hydra/orb sorc now is a mat. I had stopped questing with her once i got the hell hellforge, and started some mf'ing at Hell meph. While she was able to moat him, she's not the best mephrunner I've seen (guess what, that'd be my blizzsorc :crazyeyes:) I started my blizzsorc who was matted way before her, because she would actually use the extra levels for survivability in at, while Fo-shiz was pretty much done after she matted. Anyway, here's the stats:

Name: fo-shiz
Class: Sorceress
Experience: 813364955
Level: 82

LCS damage:
Fire Ball: 1391-1540
Frozen orb: 442-463
Hydra: 1158-1334

Naked/Gear
Strength: 156/175
Dexterity: 25/47
Vitality: 284/306
Energy: 35/45
HP: 729/1106
Mana: 197/514
Stamina: 429/465
Defense: 6/1468
AR: 75/75

Fire: 190/150/90
Cold: 192/152/92
Lightning: 235/195/135
Poison: 152/112/52

MF: 223 Block: 8
GF: 147
FR/W: 20
FHR: 80
IAS: 10
FCR: 78

skills:
Code:
Fire Bolt: 2/7
Warmth: 1/6
Inferno: 0/0
Blaze: 0/0
Fire Ball: 20/25
Fire Wall: 0/0
Enchant: 1/6
Meteor: 0/0
Fire Mastery: 20/27
Hydra: 20/25

Charged Bolt : 0/0
Static Field : 1/6
Telekinesis : 1/6
Nova : 0/0
Lightning : 0/0
Chain Lightning : 0/0
Teleport : 1/6
Thunder Storm : 0/0
Energy Shield : 0/0
Lightning Mastery : 0/4

Ice Bolt : 1/6
Frozen Armor : 0/0
Frost Nova : 1/6
Ice Blast : 1/6
Shiver Armor : 0/0
Glacial Spike : 1/6
Blizzard : 1/6
Chilling Armor : 0/0
Frozen Orb : 20/25
Cold Mastery : 1/8

gear:
Code:
Tome of Town Portal
Fingerprint: 0x6f837bd4
Item Level: 10
Properties: 

Horadric Cube
Fingerprint: 0x1f1f2d06
Item Level: 13
Properties: 

Beryl Large Charm of Life
Large Charm
Fingerprint: 0x63cce3c0
Properties: 
+9 to Life
Poison Resist +5%

Death Mask
Defense: 130
Durability: 13 of 20
Fingerprint: 0x53708c81
Properties: 
+60 to Life
+30 to Mana
+45 Defense
10% Life stolen per hit
10% Mana stolen per hit
All Resistances +15

Tal Rasha's Guardianship
Lacquered Plate
Defense: 887
Durability: 54 of 55
Required Level: 71
Required Strength: 84
Fingerprint: 0x742b509
Properties: 
+400 Defense
Magic Damage Reduced by 15
Fire Resist +40%
Lightning Resist +40%
Cold Resist +40%
**% Better Chance of Getting Magic Items
Requirements -60%
Set (2 item): 
10% Faster Cast Rate

Blood Spiral
Ring
Required Level: 6
Fingerprint: 0x9e013c25
Properties: 
+2 to Dexterity
+6 to Mana
+14 Maximum Stamina
+1 to Maximum Damage
Lightning Resist +6%

Order Loop
Ring
Fingerprint: 0xb73508b7
Properties: 
+19 to Strength
+1 to Maximum Damage
Fire Resist +30%
Cold Resist +22%
Poison Resist +11%

Tal Rasha's Fine-Spun Cloth
Mesh Belt
Defense: 95
Durability: 16 of 16
Required Strength: 47
Fingerprint: 0x99dbf5e1
Properties: 
+20 to Dexterity
+30 to Mana
13% Better Chance of Getting Magic Items
Requirements -20%
+37 Damage Taken Goes To Mana
Set (2 item): 
+60 Defense
Set (3 items): 
10% Faster Cast Rate

Hsarus' Iron Heel
Chain Boots
Defense: 9
Durability: 10 of 16
Required Level: 3
Fingerprint: 0x2a4722fa
Item Level: 48
Properties: 
Fire Resist +25%
20% Faster Run/Walk
Set (2 item): 
205 to Attack Rating (Based on Char Lvl)

Wraith Hand
Demonhide Gloves
Defense: 40
Fingerprint: 0x3ec35339
Properties: 
13% Enhanced Defense
+16 to Attack Rating
Lightning Resist +26%
21% Better Chance of Getting Magic Items

Super Mana Potion
Properties: 
250 Replenish Mana

Super Mana Potion
Properties: 
250 Replenish Mana

Super Mana Potion
Properties: 
250 Replenish Mana

Super Mana Potion
Properties: 
250 Replenish Mana

Tal Rasha's Adjudication
Amulet
Fingerprint: 0xe0702c6d
Properties: 
+50 to Life
+42 to Mana
Lightning Resist +33%
+3 - 32 Lightning Damage
Set (4 items): 
10% Faster Cast Rate

Small Charm of Fortune
Small Charm
Fingerprint: 0xcc259798
Properties: 
4% Better Chance of Getting Magic Items

Lizard's Small Charm of Fortune
Small Charm
Fingerprint: 0xd0f99c02
Properties: 
+7 to Mana
5% Better Chance of Getting Magic Items

Viridian Small Charm of Life
Small Charm
Required Level: 14
Fingerprint: 0x72d77f08
Item Level: 11
Properties: 
+7 to Life
Poison Resist +6%

Lucky Large Charm
Large Charm
Fingerprint: 0x7a91693a
Item Level: 73
Properties: 

Gheed's Fortune
Grand Charm
Fingerprint: 0x113788a4
Properties: 
147% Extra Gold from Monsters
21% Better Chance of Getting Magic Items
Reduces all Vendor Prices 11%

Full Rejuvenation Potion
Properties: 
No Display for property: 6
No Display for property: 8

Rejuvenation Potion
Properties: 

Full Rejuvenation Potion
Properties: 

Full Rejuvenation Potion
Properties: 

Full Rejuvenation Potion
Properties: 

Full Rejuvenation Potion
Properties: 

Super Mana Potion
Properties: 
250 Replenish Mana

Super Mana Potion
Properties: 
250 Replenish Mana

Tal Rasha's Lidless Eye
Swirling Crystal
One Hand Damage: 18 - 42
Required Level: 65
Fingerprint: 0x5b14c3c7
Properties: 
+10 to Energy
+57 to Life
+77 to Mana
20% Faster Cast Rate
+2 to Fire Mastery (Sorceress Only)
+1 to Lightning Mastery (Sorceress Only)
+2 to Cold Mastery (Sorceress Only)
Set (2 item): 
+1 to Sorceress Skill Levels
Set (3 items): 
-15% to Enemy Fire Resistance
Set (4 items): 
-15% to Enemy Lightning Resistance
Set (5 items): 
15% to Cold Skill Damage

Spirit
Monarch
Defense: 146
Chance to Block: 22
Fingerprint: 0x14758f10
Properties: 
+22 to Vitality
+105 to Mana
+250 Defense vs. Missile
55% Faster Hit Recovery
28% Faster Cast Rate
+2 to All Skills
+7 Magic Absorb
Poison Resist +35%
Cold Resist +35%
Lightning Resist +35%
4 Sockets (4 used)

Tal Rune
Properties: 
Weapons: 
Armor: 
Poison Resist +30%
Shields: 
Poison Resist +35%

Thul Rune
Properties: 
Weapons: 
Armor: 
Cold Resist +30%
Shields: 
Cold Resist +35%

Ort Rune
Properties: 
Weapons: 
+1 - 50 Lightning Damage
Armor: 
Lightning Resist +30%
Shields: 
Lightning Resist +35%

Amn Rune
Properties: 
Weapons: 
7% Life stolen per hit
Armor: 
Shields: 

Full Rejuvenation Potion
Properties: 

Full Rejuvenation Potion
Properties: 

Mercenary:
Code:
Vampire Gaze
Grim Helm
Defense: 252
Required Strength: 58
Fingerprint: 0xb910fcfb
Item Level: 62
Properties: 
100% Enhanced Defense
Magic Damage Reduced by 14
Damage Reduced by 18%
+6 - 22 cold damage with 4 sec Duration
7% Life stolen per hit
7% Mana stolen per hit
15% Slower Stamina Drain

Duress
Boneweave
Defense: 2803
Durability: 23 of 23
Required Level: 47
Required Strength: 148
Fingerprint: 0xcad420a1
Properties: 
177% Enhanced Defense
14% Enhanced Damage
+37 - 133 cold damage with 2 sec Duration
40% Faster Hit Recovery
Ethereal
All Resistances +15
Cold Resist +30%
3 Sockets (3 used)
Socketed: Um Rune

Shael Rune
Properties: 
Weapons: 
20% Increased Attack Speed
Armor: 
20% Faster Hit Recovery
Shields: 
20% Faster Block Rate

Um Rune
Required Level: 47
Properties: 
Weapons: 
25% Chance of Open Wounds
Armor: 
All Resistances +15
Shields: 
All Resistances +22

Thul Rune
Properties: 
Weapons: 
Armor: 
Cold Resist +30%
Shields: 
Cold Resist +35%

Obedience
Superior Thresher
Two Hand Damage: 84 - 991
Durability: 36 of 33
Required Strength: 114
Required Dexterity: 87
Fingerprint: 0x4127a8e1
Properties: 
+1 to Attack Rating
12% Increase Maximum Durability
All Resistances +27
370% Enhanced Damage
+279 Defense
40% Faster Hit Recovery
40% Chance of Crushing Blow
30% Chance to cast level 21 Enchant when you Kill an Enemy
-25% to Enemy Fire Resistance
Ethereal
Requirements -20%
+10 to Dexterity
25% Target Defense
+10 to Strength
5 Sockets (5 used)
Socketed: Hel Rune
Socketed: Ko Rune
Socketed: Fal Rune

Hel Rune
Properties: 
Weapons: 
Requirements -20%
Armor: 
Requirements -15%
Shields: 
Requirements -15%

Ko Rune
Properties: 
Weapons: 
+10 to Dexterity
Armor: 
+10 to Dexterity
Shields: 
+10 to Dexterity

Thul Rune
Properties: 
Weapons: 
Armor: 
Cold Resist +30%
Shields: 
Cold Resist +35%

Eth Rune
Properties: 
Weapons: 
25% Target Defense
Armor: 
15% Regenerate Mana
Shields: 
15% Regenerate Mana

Fal Rune
Properties: 
Weapons: 
+10 to Strength
Armor: 
+10 to Strength
Shields: 
+10 to Strength

Name: Emilio
Race: Desert Mercenary
Type: Def-Nightmare
Experience: 64683074
Level: 81
Dead?: false

Naked/Gear
Strength: 179/189
Dexterity: 144/154
HP: 1607/1607
Defense: 1153/4208
AR: 1180/1181

Fire: 187/147/87
Cold: 217/177/117
Lightning: 187/147/87
Poison: 187/147/87

Notable finds:
NM forge: Lem rune
Hell forge: Fal rune
Tal's ammy(the one she's using) from nm meph
further she's found some of the stuff you'd expect hell meph to drop, just not the stuff I wanted.

I found hydra to be a fun skill, but for serious mf'ing it won't work imho. It takes 10 seconds untill you reach your full damage potential, while a blizzsorc can kill pretty much anyrhing under 10 seconds. Hell was rather hard too, as Forb usually took about the whole mana bulb to kill something. It was especially bad at act 4, where hephasto was way too fast and killed me three times without me actually standing a chance, and then took about 5min's to kill with hydra. Chaos sanctuary was hard too, because i needed hydra to kill oblivion knights, and orb to kill those other knights, and hydra would target the wrong knights, so i needed to kill the non-ok's first, wich is not good for my merc :( act 5 was done in an mp game with Zaliqai, and honestly, he did most the work. My hydra's wouldn't even have started firing, while he had killed an entire pack. Ancients were killed very fast, though that's not my fault either, as 2 of them were fire immune, wich isn't good for a char whose main attack is fire based...

The future:
Well, i suppose this is it, really. As I said, i do not feel she's suitible for running meph, I think there's no Alvl 85 area's without fire immunes, and even if there were she's still has a problem in needing to "warm up" because 1 hydra won't do enough, and casting multiple hydra's takes more time then it'd take other chars to kill the bosspacks. That leaves andariel, but she's got fire immunes all around her, wich means i need to clear those first, wich takes a load more time.

She was fun while she lasted though, that's something good I suppose :p

PS: I checked my folder for some nice screenshots, but i didn't make any, except for the mat screen, which isn't all that interesting, anyway, here it is.

PPS: I'm not that good with original names, my blizzsorc before my restart had the same name :whistling:

Diablo 4 Interactive Map
PurePremium
Estimated market value
Low
High