Mafia game round 5: New Jersey

I'm embarrassed by that particular post and about how poorly I played the doc :embarassed:. But this was my first such game - who knows; I may be a bit more sly, should I choose to join another.
Well you did live till the second to last round so :thumbsup: to that. More than I've done!

I tried to be vocal in the discussion since I thought that people would be more likely to suspect quiet players. Big mistake; almost got me lynched the second day. :grin: Yeah, staying quiet is definitely the best strategy.

I tried to be vocal in the discussion since I thought that people would be more likely to suspect quiet players. Big mistake; almost got me lynched the second day. :grin: Yeah, staying quiet is definitely the best strategy.
That was a close save... :nervous: and I had thought it would have made me suspicous, but it didn't seem to turn out that way.

Did anyone actually believe I was mafia when they voted for lynching (or being eaten alive by ants, as it were...), or was it just a random vote?
Yup, but still, how can others figure I am with you though?
If I hadn't known you were on the same side, I wouldn't have thought either of you were mafia to be honest. I think you played well. And those write-ups were awesome, zion. :grin:

That was a close save... :nervous: and I had thought it would have made me suspicous, but it didn't seem to turn out that way.

Did anyone actually believe I was mafia when they voted for lynching (or being eaten alive by ants, as it were...), or was it just a random vote?If I hadn't known you were on the same side, I wouldn't have thought either of you were mafia to be honest. I think you played well. And those write-ups were awesome, zion. :grin:
Heh, thanks! It was lots of fun too, deciding how each person's to be killed. :laugh:

@ Inane - was it your intention to whittle it down to two people, then vote yourself, or did you just happen to find yourself in that happy situation?

As I said in my first post, I wanted to do it in the first or last round and I decided that I didn't want to die really quickly again and that it was too risky so I went for the climactic last round. I didn't have a specific game plan outside of that, mostly just going by ear (or disapearing for days at a time...).

Heh, thanks! It was lots of fun too, deciding how each person's to be killed. :laugh:

Oh yeah, all writeup credits are zion's :laugh:

Lynn said:
If I hadn't known you were on the same side, I wouldn't have thought either of you were mafia to be honest.

Silence is golden :grin:

Awesome game CC - thanks for running it.

I actually had a plan that would have identified all the fellow townies, but CC decided it was unsporting, so I didn't go through it. I ended up in Smelly Valley the following night anyway, so I wouldn't have had a chance to use it.

After Bob and Orphan's death, I pretty much knew it would be me next, and so the first and last night I wrote a death note I was murdered.

Well, I'm looking forward to the next round!

Awesome game CC - thanks for running it.

I actually had a plan that would have identified all the fellow townies, but CC decided it was unsporting, so I didn't go through it. I ended up in Smelly Valley the following night anyway, so I wouldn't have had a chance to use it.

After Bob and Orphan's death, I pretty much knew it would be me next, and so the first and last night I wrote a death note I was murdered.

Well, I'm looking forward to the next round!
Well, what was the plan? :wink2:

I think CC and Gorny are going to give Forum Assassin a shot before starting another Mafia game.

There's one in signups in the SPF right now, but be warned that it's more serious in the SPF, lots of monster posts, be prepared to spend an hour or more a day catching up unless you just want to skim and wing it.

@Gorny/CC I think this could prolly be un-stickied?

I guess a late reply is better than none (I blame Hellgate) :scratch:

Dii Legend said:
He was the seriel killer and didn't do anything with it? :shocked:

I was mafia in the first game, and I didn't expect to get a killer role again in the second (I was sort of hoping other people would also think the odds were unlikely), but I wanted to try something different this round anyway if I was to receive the role. Last game, I killed every stage, and this time I wanted to to kill only every now and then, to see if it would add more confusion or not, since it would make things harder for people to determine whether the SK/Mafia was still alive or not. Too bad I didn't get a chance to really test it :rolleyes:

I must admit I didn't think ThomasJohnsen was the doctor though, but then again I couldn't tell who was anyway.

I sort of expected Dii Legend to be a Mafia member, as well as IntelligentX, but I didn't think zionhuyga was.

Good work CC on hosting the game though. I think you did an excellent job :thumbsup:

I forgot to thank you for fast editing out of my power, i.e. the merging and deleting and stuff. That really made the thread a lot more comprehensive.

As for FA, I haven't discussed this with Gorny yet. I think he's pretty busy atm. I'm not going to take a lead host role in this, I already underestimated the time Mafia took me per day. I am however willing to take a co-host role or assistent of some kind. Especially write ups caught my eye. Can I ask for a quick poke in here as to whom might be interested in a game of (modified/simplified) FA game?

I guess a late reply is better than none (I blame Hellgate) :scratch:

I was mafia in the first game, and I didn't expect to get a killer role again in the second (I was sort of hoping other people would also think the odds were unlikely), but I wanted to try something different this round anyway if I was to receive the role. Last game, I killed every stage, and this time I wanted to to kill only every now and then, to see if it would add more confusion or not, since it would make things harder for people to determine whether the SK/Mafia was still alive or not. Too bad I didn't get a chance to really test it :rolleyes:

I must admit I didn't think ThomasJohnsen was the doctor though, but then again I couldn't tell who was anyway.

I sort of expected Dii Legend to be a Mafia member, as well as IntelligentX, but I didn't think zionhuyga was.

Good work CC on hosting the game though. I think you did an excellent job :thumbsup:

May I ask what trait I have left on me as a mafia? I thought I am silence enough already =X

...also, you play on HGL too? If so, what server?

May I ask what trait I have left on me as a mafia? I thought I am silence enough already =X

I'm always wary of the silent ones :wink3: . But also, the way you were gunning for the mods, which gave me the impression you were quietly confident, something someone with a killer role might be (and me being the SK meant you could have been mafia) :scratch:

...also, you play on HGL too? If so, what server?

The US one mostly, but I have 2 chars on the EU one for when a friend comes online, and I'll be starting over on there as well. So really both servers.

I wasn't expecting another "important" role, to be honest. I thought I would end up a regular townie. :tongue:

We had decided very early in the game (first or second night, I think) to kill off those we thought might prove to be dangerous for us. We decided to start with the three moderators first, after the rather random (but definately suggested :devil:) kill of BobTheWarrior the first night. At that point, Gorny didn't seem to hold any sort of role other then townie, and LorveN gave the impression he had a role other then just a townie. You hadn't said much of anything at all yet, so we didn't know what to think about you.
But also, the way you were gunning for the mods, which gave me the impression you were quietly confident, something someone with a killer role might be (and me being the SK meant you could have been mafia) :scratch:
I wouldn't have read too much into that, he's always doing those sorts of things with Gorny. :azn:

I'm always wary of the silent ones :wink3: . But also, the way you were gunning for the mods, which gave me the impression you were quietly confident, something someone with a killer role might be (and me being the SK meant you could have been mafia) :scratch:

It is true that I want to eliminate all greenheads without mod stick powah :devil:

But it is just a game, I like all mods in the forum and you all have done a good job! :laugh:

The US one mostly, but I have 2 chars on the EU one for when a friend comes online, and I'll be starting over on there as well. So really both servers.

I see. I play on EU server only though, was looking for friends to play together =X

PurePremium
Estimated market value
Low
High