Low Level Dueling: Come one, come all!

Re: Low Level Dueling: Come one, come all!

For level 9 should we be restricted to only act 1 normal? It makes sense given the no rushing necessary premise of this rule-set.

I think that I will try and put a level 9 character together as well.

Well. I will make my level 9-barb into a champion to get those extra quest-skills. Is that not allowed, will i park my barbarian.

What are the rules?

Well, characters obviously cannot be higher than lvl30. We also prohibit glitch-rushing your character through the game, so characters cannot have completed any quests past "Normal" difficulty. For practical purposes, there is no reason to complete any quests past the first one in Act 4 Normal.

We are currently following this rule.

I do personally miss being able to get higher quest rewards, such as on my fury druid who is 5 stat points short on the strength/dex front.

Level 9 could be different if participants choose. It could be higher, or it could go lower if we follow the spirit of the level 30 rules.

it'd be hardly worth it to have a lvl 9 w/o the extra skills and stats. they're limited enough as is. i would consider adding a lvl 9 to duel people with, but there's no point if it cant be hell rushed. there are just some builds that cannot function otherwise.

My reasoning behind the ban on glitch-rushing lvl30 characters is as follows: we have a dueling scene that already struggles to find participants, so let's not make it more difficult to join. It's much easier to badger someone into putting together a lvl30 toon than it is to convince someone to glitch-rush a character through Hell. As a side benefit, melee already struggles in lvl30 and rushing would benefits casters more than melee (although it would benefit both), so it helps keep things interesting.

In the case of lvl9 dueling, the opposite might be the case: we might have fewer people join if there is no rushing. CDM's post ("it's not worth it") is indicative of this possibility. And the pool of people who would want to try probably consists almost entirely of those who either (a) already LLD or (b) are strangely compelled by mysterious motives. Anyways, I'm happy to glitch away with lvl9 characters.

EDIT: Also, I assume all pots are banned? Or not?

Last edited:

I've been thinking about making a true meleer, but how much AR should I be aiming for then? Or if that's easier to answer, how much defence you guys have?

Duels were lots of fun today (and they are still going). I played with an amazon and a liberator. The amazon was fun. I'm going to scratch the paladin; I just can't get into the spirit of it.

Opponents included a T/V pally, another liberator, a blizzsorc, a bow/poison hybrid zon, and a fury druid. The druid in particular was quite powerful, and I was glad to finally be able to duel one. My amazon had to resort to hit and run tactics (of course, "resort" is probably not the right word, since that is how she plays anyways), and the druid was cleverly using CtC from "Peace" to good effect.

Fun times all around! Hoping to see more good duels in the future.

Edit: game down. Nobody turned up. I blame timezones.

Might be back up later. I'll see how I go. :)

I'm free to put a game up at any point in the next few hours. Just post your interest here or in the PVP thread.

Last edited:

i will soon have a melee character ready. lvl 26 and rising... who's up for some melee duels when he's done?

edit: aaaaand, he'sdone!

Last edited:

Same boat here. Hopefully some more duels happen this weekend!

So yes, I'm up for that, cdm. Unfortunately I can't access my router config, so I can't host the normal way. Is it possible to host via Hamachi without port forwarding?

Last edited:

Hamachi is fish (tasty, tasty fish) to me, so dont ask me :D

I might be up for some hosting, or throwing a game up while going away for you guys :) Don't pin me down on it though.. not sure what I'll be doing this weekend.

@CDM & Ent:

When you say "melee duels" do you mean melee only?

Not if you don't have a melee character, jdkerr. :D

(Edit: by which I mean I don't think cdm meant to be exclusive.)

I think cdm just meant he wants to do some melee 1v1s to test out his new character. I'm up for whatever with mine (though it is a pure melee char too).

i made a 29 zealot something new to me and he's made to go toe to toe. i did give him one concession to all around, i got him charge. if i had had a 5os divine w/ +charge to make honor in, he'd have been 100% melee with the option in his stash. like all new things, i wanna give him a shot soon.

i really made him b/c i wanted to duel the kicker, wolf, and ww barb on equal footing.

Sweet. No more deathly Hammers to the face .. except from zemaj, who has gotten a lot tougher for the Kicker since that respec.

Speaking of which, I respec'd the kicker back to a Fade-oriented build after managing to get Amp claws that will let me hit 7/3/3/3 with Fade. Yes, that's four kicks. She originally hit 5 kicks, but I found I liked the freedom of 4 when I was playing with the "Strength" Flail (which she'll miss), so I think I'll play with that for a while. 23 DTalon for the highest 4 kick ED. :D She's looking good now though. I'm probably as excited about playing her again as I am the new char.

Anyway, I *think* I'll be able to host via Hamachi. I have a network up now called: DIILLD password: sne

If anyone has free time and Hamachi, testing would be greatly appreciated. I'll leave it up for as long as possible.

If we're doing melee duels, I will probably rebuild my kicker and consider another build or two. That sounds fun. No promises about this weekend, though, since it is a busy one for me.

PurePremium
Estimated market value
Low
High