Low Level Dueling: Come one, come all!

Re: Low Level Dueling: Come one, come all!

Ghonna restart my barb. He became 10 in mistake when i rushed him. Found at least some nice jewels to put into he's gear. :)

Sweet. No more deathly Hammers to the face .. except from zemaj, who has gotten a lot tougher for the Kicker since that respec.

Speaking of which, I respec'd the kicker back to a Fade-oriented build after managing to get Amp claws that will let me hit 7/3/3/3 with Fade. Yes, that's four kicks. She originally hit 5 kicks, but I found I liked the freedom of 4 when I was playing with the "Strength" Flail (which she'll miss), so I think I'll play with that for a while. 23 DTalon for the highest 4 kick ED. :D She's looking good now though. I'm probably as excited about playing her again as I am the new char.

Anyway, I *think* I'll be able to host via Hamachi. I have a network up now called: DIILLD password: sne

If anyone has free time and Hamachi, testing would be greatly appreciated. I'll leave it up for as long as possible.
did you still keep the strength build or did you go with vit this time?
Ghonna restart my barb. He became 10 in mistake when i rushed him. Found at least some nice jewels to put into he's gear. :)
im woefully behind on my lvl 9 as i'm still not sure if i want to do another sin or try something else.

ps. to anyone who is hell rushing a vlld i can offer help with birds. this is typically the hardest quest in nm and hell (aside from Den, which can be a big pain too) for a vlld to get. i get around this by having my rusher barb never get the quest so he can always get a bird to drop w/o having the rushee get involved and accidentally gain a level or something like that.

Got some Vit this time, about 30 points I think. Somehow. :D Her 15 lifers are elsewhere, but I will want some frw charms on her now. Her life will probably end up much the same as it was, I think (~730). I still don't have a full 40 worth of 15 lifers yet. Gotta work on that.

And thanks for the tip on grushing. I've never done it before, and so I've just been going through the logistics of it. I have almost a full VLLD setup ready, just no char yet. Since Klonki has to rebuild, I suppose I have some time to work it out though, as his interest was the only real reason I thought I might make one (that and that Carbuncle Jewel of Wrath drop :p).

I rebuilt my kicker as a melee dueler. He'll probably get it handed to him, but that's half the fun, right? I'll check in when I'm available and join in if there's a game up. :)

Also, why FRW charms for melee duels?

You know what, I don't know. I think I just felt super slow after switching Fade and I like being able to run, but lifers will probably do me better. I'll see how I feel after some duels.

By the way, if I'm online there should always be a Hamachi network up called DIILLD, password "sne". Feel free to test it, Hamachiers.

maybe the wrong place to post this, but...

i have these few jools, that are a little better than the ordinary 9 maxers...
was wondering if anyone does have a use for them as i don´t. they are all in 1.13c HC FAM

Code:
Doom Heart 
Jewel 
Required Level: 8 
Fingerprint: 0x8929ade0 
Item Level: 26 
Version: Expansion 1.10+ 
10% Enhanced Damage 
Adds 4 - 7 Damage

Carbuncle Jewel of Wrath 
Jewel 
Required Level: 9 
Fingerprint: 0xc4d51a05 
Item Level: 17 
+10 to Maximum Damage

Dun Jewel of Wrath 
Jewel 
Required Level: 8 
Fingerprint: 0xf7d19f7d 
Item Level: 58 
Unidentified 
+9 to Maximum Damage 
9% Damage Taken Goes To Mana

*raises hand*

Well, folks, it is that time again:

[highlight]Let the LLD duels commence![/highlight]

Let's review.

(1) LLD contains more fun than OMG's stashes do hax. As difficult as that is to believe, it is true. Dueling is fun, people are experimenting with new builds and crazy ideas, and there is every bit the opportunity for squeezing out minimal competitive advantages by expending massive amounts of wealth.

(2) LLD is as easy to get into as nulio's
... MP games. It might take a few hours to level a character to lvl30 and dig through your stashes for your old stacks of Peasant's Crowns, Death's Gloves, and the like, but it is that easy to get a few cookie cutters going that can do quite well on the dueling scene.

The rules:

• Clvl30 max (style points for less)
  • "Normal" difficulty only (no glitch rush)
  • Standard BM PvP rules apply
  • Always gang up against Froz's toons

Some folks have been talking big; others have apparently forgotten that LLD exists. Let's get some blood on the Moor and cut some ears! If you are new, there are plenty here who will throw you advice and probably gear.

I will be putting up some games later this week. Who is going to show up?

Looks like i need to get a couple characters together!

Been waiting a while. Bring it on!

My LLD chars are glitch rushed T_T Are you banning me from this? You know when I make chars I don't do it halfway.

At any rate, I'd be interested to jump in this, but in LLD I've played with IRL friends we all had glitched chars. It probably gives too much advantage. Well, if you want, next time when I do some HF rushes, since characters have to be rushed to act4 Hell, you can ask and I can send you lvl 1 character in Hell act4. Rest is up to you ofc, to level him and finish quests :)

What does everyone have to play with btw? I have 29-30 melee, 30 caster, and a lvl9 that could be done if I put forth the effort. I may have an 18 too, I'm not sure.

Rushing is a bigger advantage the lower the levels (30s dont gain a whole lot except a few extra skill points, but 9's are almost impossible to make well w/o it). I dont play much SC, but would love to have my characters fully rushed as I'm used to. They are not rushed now however so I would rather go with what I have than try to grush 2 or 3 characters. Maybe some other time.

Rules:

In the past, we said that to duel at lvl30, characters should not have completed any quests beyond "Normal" mode. If you want to rush them through for sockets and imbues, fine. If you collect skill/stat quests in NM and Hell, they are no longer qualified to duel.

That said, I personally don't mind if people duel with glitched characters. It just sours their wins when they beat me and sweetens my wins when I beat them. :badteeth:

Also, if we have people who are into glitching, I would probably go ahead and make glitched versions of my characters so I could play whichever way other people were playing. So go ahead and send me a few blanks, Froz. ;) In the meantime, go ahead and play the ones you have, or through together unglitched versions.

To duel at lvl9, characters can certainly be glitched (and probably should be).

My Own Characters

I have lvl30 duelers. I will hopefully have three of them soon, to be precise.

I would be very interested in making lvl29/30 melee duelers.

I am also interested in lvl9 duels, but I will not go through the process of making a character unless there are three or four people likewise interested.

If I end up making a LLD Necro Boner I'll join :)

Took tonight and squared away my LLDers:
9 TS Min-A-Sin
29 Zealot
30 Hammerdin

I'm really anxious to try out the sin in particular.

The weekend is out for me, but I can play Monday. I can't host like I used too, though. (In a few weeks that should change.)

Any day is fine with me (mostly). It really depends if I have crap to do or not. Not sure about my hosting capabilities, we can try, but it would probably be awful host considering state of my connection nowdays.

I have just 3 x lvl 30 chars. Charge/FoH, Firesorc and Bowazon. Planning to make Windy, but he is kinda weird to make. Not sure how much FRW I need and similar stuff. Still lacking some items but in time will probably make him work.

I'm curious, how should LLD bowazon look like? I do have experience with HLD ones and I know Dex is important for them, but I don't know if same thing is for LLD bowazons. How much avg dmg is expected from LLD bowazon? Life vs FRW etc...

In HLD breakpoints are something like 900 avg pvp dmg, 180 FRW and 1400 life after BO for standard zons. How does that work in LLD?

The way that works in LLD is that you will not have anywhere near that much damage, frw, or life. ;)

I now have a lvl30 zeal paladin ready to go (non-glitched) and will have a lvl9 paladin ready to go whenever I get around to rushing one. The gear is almost set. My lvl30 kicker is still geared from back when, so I guess I could play him. Same with the lvl30 bowie (who I am not really interested in).

Any day is fine with me (mostly). It really depends if I have crap to do or not. Not sure about my hosting capabilities, we can try, but it would probably be awful host considering state of my connection nowdays.

I have just 3 x lvl 30 chars. Charge/FoH, Firesorc and Bowazon. Planning to make Windy, but he is kinda weird to make. Not sure how much FRW I need and similar stuff. Still lacking some items but in time will probably make him work.

I'm curious, how should LLD bowazon look like? I do have experience with HLD ones and I know Dex is important for them, but I don't know if same thing is for LLD bowazons. How much avg dmg is expected from LLD bowazon? Life vs FRW etc...

In HLD breakpoints are something like 900 avg pvp dmg, 180 FRW and 1400 life after BO for standard zons. How does that work in LLD?

-You generally dont have points to pump into dex after requirements are met on gear.
- somewhere between 125-150 frw is a number I (think) I remember being a good point to shoot for.

I'm not sure what day(s) I'll be available nor if I can host. I'll be taveling (maybe). Do you guys use Hamachi?

PurePremium
Estimated market value
Low
High