KTA- Kill Them All...it does exactly what it says on the tin...

MrKaxe

Jul 18, 2006
www.twitch.tv
Good day Hardcore Untwinked Enthusiasts :wave:

Another successful run completed and getting back to the roots of actually killing all the monsters and clearing all the areas was challenging and fun and for the next run I want to keep that going. It was tough with the build I picked (Blade Fury...claws drop all the time when there are Assassins in the party but when I'm one...ohhhhh no...) so this run will be another 'pick what you like' theme where you choose any character and any build, as gimpy or cookie cutter as you like!

For any new entrants interested, here are the rules:-

1) We play every Monday on the Europe realm of battlenet, from 7:00pm (1900) to 9:00pm (2100) UK Time. Most European players should add 1-2 hours onto that for time difference!

2) We play untwinked, full clears with all quests completed in each act. (Note: If we feel we need some key items for a certain build and the limited amount of boss-killing/mf-ing we do yields nothing, then we could see some exceptions to the untwinked rule later on in Hell when it is becoming impossible to function as part of the team e.g a WW Barb using a 1-15 Crystal Sword in Hell would be a candidate for a sword muled in from outside of KTA but this is very rare! The core of the idea is to play well as a party, not what gear you have on!)

3) Items are to be shared equally and given according to needs of the current party builds etc; if a charm drops, take it and I.D it by all means, but if you find a 6% Fire Res charm and yours is already in the 50's and you are a caster, check to make sure someone else (like a melee-er) isn't in the 20's etc...it's all amicable play, with the idea in mind of being a strong party!

4) If you decide to join our merry band, please make sure you are there as often as possible...if you think you can't really do Monday's as your schedule is too hectic, don't sign up, sorry. Blunt, I know, but it's just rather a bad thing to have a group of 6 in theory and end up playing with half that most of the time. Absence is usually posted in the thread beforehand with reason so it's never a problem but excuses of "I could not be bothered" don't cut it...commit people!

5) We meet in channel KTA before each session to discuss, mule off items before playtime commences etc and if the channel is empty, you are late and we are in-game already! The game name and password is given in-channel so please arrive promptly.

6) Members of the old run get priority placement on the new run

7) I manage the runemule which holds the runes for the run and post screenshots with contents on request. Joe (Krupa) handles the gem-mule.

8) Most of all, we respect each other and have FUN. We are out to kick the minions of Hell in a challenging way, why not do it as a group of mates eh?!

I want to do some reasonable damage in the new run but still be fairly unconventional so I have chosen a NovaSorc.

If you like the sound of this, post here!

Last edited:
looking forward to it!

i´ll be a conviction avenger, if i find it reasonably save wielding a twohanded weapon of some sort. but time will tell and drops decide in the end

Around how long (weeks/months) do y'alls runs normally last? I'm interested, as it would be 1pm-3pm CST and perfect for me.

Around how long (weeks/months) do y'alls runs normally last? I'm interested, as it would be 1pm-3pm CST and perfect for me.

We tend to do Normal in a couple of weeks, Nightmare usually an Act a session and Hell can sometimes be two sessions for one act but this always changes :)

I have found out from Talmie that apparently the ladder is due to reset some time in May. This makes me sad as we will be NL again in no time if we start the run tomorrow! As there is no definitive date yet I am worried that if we occupy our time with a few Running Man sessions and some Iron Man duels (as we are prone to do on the break) then we might well be doing that for a month or two!

I had the thought of possibly levelling up level 18/30/45+ and then dueling them as soon as the ladder resets unless everyone is happy to go non-ladder again. We shall discuss Monday :)

Update by Talman hunting on JSP

JSP said:
The last Diablo II Ladder reset was November 6th 2012, and the next one is predicted to be May 6th, 2013
Please note that this is a very uncertain time, and that there have been no official statements as of yet.

However, the last few resets have been a few days to a month late, so it is best to estimate with May 6th as the earliest date, and June being the later end.
This thread will be next updated when there is an announcement by Blizzardor a Blizzard Representative (Blue Poster on the offiicial battle.net forums).

We decided to press on with the run coju & klep (who is yet to post here but is so on my forums :D) and decide what to do when the ladder resets :) We made it up to The Countess if you want to catch up in the meantime, no worries if you can't (I know klep can't as he is on hols), we will help :)

Oh, 'we' being:-

Joe: KTA-Natsu Conviction/Vengeance (Avenger) Paladin
Tommeh: KTA-MonkeyBoy Singer
Me: KTA-Levinia: Novasorc

Hope to see you both next week!

3.5 hours left!
looking forward mates

edit: leaving work now, should be home in time

Last edited:
Sorry for the late announcement, but I'm not going to be able to participate with y'all.

/backsout

Good to see you guys are keeping the faith and still going strong! If you could ever be tempted by Path Of Exile I would love to team up with you all again. To me it's the successor to D2 as whilst D3 was very polished it just did not have that charm of a Diablo game and I find PoE has that.

Good to see you guys are keeping the faith and still going strong! If you could ever be tempted by Path Of Exile I would love to team up with you all again. To me it's the successor to D2 as whilst D3 was very polished it just did not have that charm of a Diablo game and I find PoE has that.

Hey dude! Hows it going? I did make a start on PoE but the loading screen after the first mini boss 'Blue Screen of Death'ed' my PC so I never played it again! Too scared! If you remember Deiv (HuMaN.aNiMaL) and Tommeh (Tommybear) from Gauss they are rocking some PoE fairly regularly, as well as other Gaussers and some of my RL mates from time to time :)
Despite agreeing with your above point totally I am on D3 every spare minute I can, waiting for the new patch to return benefits to multiplayer games :)

Loving how this run is shaping up at the mo peeps, we shall rock on tonight! I have spoken to Eetu and I hope (not confirmed) he will join us when he returns from Italy :)

Hey dude! Hows it going? I did make a start on PoE but the loading screen after the first mini boss 'Blue Screen of Death'ed' my PC so I never played it again! Too scared!

Hi Kaxe, I'll keep my eyes peeled for the others. With regards to the BSoD, I was getting those and it was linked to my Creative Sound Card. You don't happen to have one of those? If so, there's a very easy fix, create a shortcut to launch the game and use "pathofinstall\Path of Exile\Client.exe" --softwareaudio. It's also getting patched each week so the BSoDs are become rare. Not had one since I changed the launcher.

Anyway, have fun. What's D3 like these days? I don't think I've played in 10 months now. I did login yesterday to see if my account was still active and it is. Best I've got is a level 40 DH! I've forgotten the mechanics now too.

Hi Kaxe, I'll keep my eyes peeled for the others. With regards to the BSoD, I was getting those and it was linked to my Creative Sound Card. You don't happen to have one of those? If so, there's a very easy fix, create a shortcut to launch the game and use "pathofinstall\Path of Exile\Client.exe" --softwareaudio. It's also getting patched each week so the BSoDs are become rare. Not had one since I changed the launcher.

It is indeed Creative so that hotfix is good to know, thanks mate! Windows did diagnose it as a problem with the sound card but I was too lazy to fix it and just went back to D3 :p

Anyway, have fun. What's D3 like these days? I don't think I've played in 10 months now. I did login yesterday to see if my account was still active and it is. Best I've got is a level 40 DH! I've forgotten the mechanics now too.

D3 is getting better by the patch and the next one will help out a lot but not break a huge amount of ground according to the people I know testing the PTR. I am not bothering to get a headsup on the patch as I am frantically exp-ing the Tormented Stingers in Act 3 before they get nerfed, which to me is silly as they don't bloody drop anything so why nerf the only thing they give, exp!

If you have room for another I would be willing to join up and help fight the demon spawn - Admittedly i think my role would be that of 'Bait' but it will be a laugh if nothing else.

Having never played a druid before I think I would be hoping to bring one of them along for the Oak Sage if nothing else - I would be hoping to use the power of wind though if I stay alive.

Excellent mate, after we decide what we are doing (continuing NL or restarting L) watch this space to find out when we start etc, love to have you on board!

It is a Bank Holiday here in England so no work today (and a good thing to as I was wasted for my mate's birthday last night!) so no KTA today peeps and enjoy the sun if you have it!

2 votes so far for restart on the Gauss version of this thread so I'd love to hear your thoughts Joe and Tommeh :)

You can write me down as maybe, I need to figure out what my internship schedule looks like and I'll know by the time this kicks off!

E: I'm leaning towards an Enchant sorceress atm

Last edited:
OK dudes, ladder resets tomorrow and I go to France the next day so I will be packing my bags and clearing my desk at work so in a way I am glad I don't have to rush about to get on KTA tonight! Looking forward to starting again on Monday the 27th May (still away next Monday ofc!)

EDIT:
klep said:
With deep regret I have to announce that my KTA days are over. The week after the first run I will be in France for the cancer charity ride. The week after that I got some exams (Though I will miss most of them due to the charity thingy, yes I am a good person) After that it's almost the end of the semester and I'll be busy finishing **** for school. Then somewhere halfway July I'll be leaving on my bike holiday. Not much time for KTA left.

Damn...

Last edited:
i´m actually happy we can skip today too. had some busy weeks and fell asleep last monday 8 pm .
looking forward to the fresh start next week

PurePremium
Estimated market value
Low
High