KTA (2.0) "Destroyers"

Hi All,

I was thinking of either a Defiance or Holy Freeze merc from Act 2. This is the recommendation for a Spearzon according to the Amazon Forum. Since someone else already has a Defiance one ... then I'll take Holy Freeze, if this is ok with you others.

Are we too strong ? hehe ... maybe in the early stages of Nightmare we are, but late Nightmare or Hell will hopefully to be more of a challenge for us. (I have to be careful here, as I have died already in KTA 1.0) Maybe in KTA 3.0, we dont have a static sorc, no sumoning necro, no BO .... and we play with both hands tied behind our backs, and have to steer the mouse with our feet, and drink bottle / change skills (function keys) using our noses. Think that will be challenge enough :)

As for leading our party ... Can we follow a Charging Paladin ? or will he be impossible to keep up with ? Our conviction Paladin is another possibility to follow, but Chilli is a late starter. How about our Barb ? He's rather tankish ... should he be the person we as a group follow ?

Food for though.

Regards Syxx

Hi Magnus,

While I was making a reply to Det posting, you got in first and asked for a HF Merc. Ignore my previous request for a HF merc ... I can use a Might one instead.

Regards Syxx

Hmm ... a bug on the forum .... the post count is not increasing by 1 for each new post.

:D

Syxx

Syxx said:
Hi Magnus,

While I was making a reply to Det posting, you got in first and asked for a HF Merc. Ignore my previous request for a HF merc ... I can use a Might one instead.

Regards Syxx

Np, my suggestion is only because I actually think my char can live on her own and be quite fun after KTA[2.0] and then a HF merc would suit really good :)

So out of lazyness I opt for a HF merc, but if the party is better suited by something else I change of course :)

Can always level a new merc doing some runs after KTA[2.0] is finished, if I survive :lol:

We'll get it sorted out on monday...

/Magnus

Syxx said:
Hmm ... a bug on the forum .... the post count is not increasing by 1 for each new post.

:D

Syxx

Maybe they did that to stop useless spamming like this:D

Anyways my Nomal Act2 Defiance merc is now at level 30 - a few Blood/Runs should see him Comfortable in NM:)

Chill

I had some close calls in NM. First when everyone was running like crazy rabbits in the passage (act1) and i was left behind. When trying to regroup i just run and ended up in a group of monsters. Cost me 3 FULLS but no spirit. Second when we was in the barrack and i got inte a pack. Not as bad as the first but i had to take a FULL.

//Tloopz

PS. I made a new char yesterday and i got him up to lvl 19. Are in act2 with a staff that i found in maggots lair. Tonight i shall continue and try to get him to act5. So if you se me online and have some time i like some help.

Tloopz said:
I had some close calls in NM. First when everyone was running like crazy rabbits in the passage (act1) and i was left behind. When trying to regroup i just run and ended up in a group of monsters. Cost me 3 FULLS but no spirit. Second when we was in the barrack and i got inte a pack. Not as bad as the first but i had to take a FULL.

//Tloopz

PS. I made a new char yesterday and i got him up to lvl 19. Are in act2 with a staff that i found in maggots lair. Tonight i shall continue and try to get him to act5. So if you se me online and have some time i like some help.

I will do laundry all night tonight, so I will be online on and off, just message me and we can team up :)

Hehe, I know, I can use BarHConix, the mighty barb of KTA[1.0] to give you a boost, sort of staying true to KTA ;)

/Magnus

Syxx said:
and we play with both hands tied behind our backs, and have to steer the mouse with our feet, and drink bottle / change skills (function keys) using our noses. Think that will be challenge enough :)
Do you mean to tell me that you guy's dont play like that? I alway's play like that.

Syxx said:
Maybe in KTA 3.0, we dont have a static sorc, no sumoning necro, no BO .... and we play with both hands tied behind our backs, and have to steer the mouse with our feet, and drink bottle / change skills (function keys) using our noses. Think that will be challenge enough :)

:lol: :lol:

Sry for this obscure post but I really had to express my detonation of laugh..

Btw, I have some bad experience leading this party of hey-is-that-a-barb-whos-leading-?-lets-not-follow-him people (j/k), so I don't think it's the best idea ;)

Vect

Vectom said:
Btw, I have some bad experience leading this party of hey-is-that-a-barb-whos-leading-?-lets-not-follow-him people (j/k), so I don't think it's the best idea

Vect
I think half the problem is that so far we've ripped through everything like it was tissue - and the only way to get a wack at something has been to charge forward to get the next monster, while everyone else is creaming the last one:)

Once the enemy starts having a bit more resilience to our onslaught I am hoping that we will get a bit more organised - that or perish folks.

I have no problem following a barb - I just can't keep up when he starts really motoring - 10% RW and heavy armour is a bit of a drag - literally. O and TLoopz I am kind of glad that some1 else is going down an elemental damage route -as this makes conviction even more useful:)

CU all Monday if not before;)

Chill

:lol: the second picture and the "Rabbit" dialogue must be the most surreal yet. 8 chars and 9 tp's

BTW, Syxx, Silver and I did some cow runs with Tloopz yesterday and got accompanied him on his way to lv 25...when we found cow kings armour. Was a real hoot. Blutmonds portal opened right on top of the king and he surrendered his hide right away, :D.

When we ran the CS, we of course noticed that IM will be THE big challenge in NM and Hell for us. Skeletons and Traps are almost all that we have..unless I am mistaken. Should be fun....NOT

I am using an A5 merc currently and would keep him as far as I am concerned. Should we ever finish KTA 2.0, I consider an A3 icemerc for further gaming, but now he just gets in the way of resurrection, CS and DS.

Also, please be prepared for Charged Bolt traps...they work better against BIG monsters...and my Shadow uses them occasionally

19.30 sounds good!
I vote for 19.30 to be the standard KTA-time.

Don't expect me to be too chatty tonight, was up watching the Superbowl tonight, so I've had like 3,5 hours of sleep.

If I get afk tonight, please wake me before my sorc is slain :lol:

/Magnus (Meleesorc)

PurePremium
Estimated market value
Low
High