KTA (2.0) "Destroyers"

Syxx

Jun 23, 2003
KTA (2.0) "Destroyers"

Hi All,

Yes indeed, KTA Team 2 last night had only Baal to kill in Normal in order gain the title of Destroyer, and start playing Nightmare.

By starting time, 6 our us were online. While waiting for the last 2 to arrive, we did an Anya run for 1 of our members who was missing the quest. Then we did a number of Baal minion runs. Our 7th member arrived, and we did a few more Minion runs. 40 minutes over the starting time and still no last member so we finally decided to show Baal who was boss. He croaked in no time at all, and dropped 5 crappy rares, 3 of them bows, which is great considering noone of KTA 2.0 uses a bow. 1 minute later our last member arrives. Her car was bogged down in snow (in England) hence the delay in arriving.

We made a new game, and did one final Baal run, and got another crapy drop, but now we were all Destroyers !!! At this stage our levels were around 47-49 except for our Druid who missed a some adventuring last week and was roughly 5 levels below the rest of us.

We then started Act1 Nightmare. Even with the increased differculty, we still cut through the monsters with very little problem. For me we got as far as Jail level 1 ... then my internet connection crashed, I rebooted my PC, but this did not help. I was unable to get online, so I do not know what hapened with the rest of the team. If past experiece is anything to go by, Andy is probably toast, and everyone is now up to Act 2. Right ?

Sorry about my sudden diappearance, but I'll get onto the problem when I get home tonight.

Mercs ... we are now up to Act2 Nightmare, where a couple of useful Mercs are now available, Might and Holy Freeze. Have we decided who is getting which merc ?

Where does the Defiance (increase defence) Merc come from ?

Anyone finds anything worth mentioning ? (Man, do we need some MF in our party ... the drops we were getting last night were pretty bad in general)

Anyway, thanks all for an enjoyable game. I look forward to next Monday, and a full evening playing (no internet problems), not like last night.

Regards Syxx / KTA-Minx

Hi!
Thx for the summary Syxx!

And as you guessed, Andy went down in flames :lol:

No findings worth mentioning, Vidalas Boots is the only thing that comes to my mind. Ohh, I found a rare scepter with fire dmg and 2 sockets included. I swing quite fast with it, will check the calculators later on if we find a Shael and see what that can do to furhter boost my attack.

We need to check our resists for the rest of NM, otherwise someone will die from lightning or fire soon. We have runes and gems on the mules, getting some socketed helms/shields is a good idéa to provide more res.

No screenies last night I'm afraid...

Thx for yesterday :) /Magnus

Yes - a nice sum up, Syxx.

I think Chiller wanted to level up her defiance merc, but the rest of us needs to decide what we want. I find myself playing pretty much in the second rather than the third row, so a barbarian or Spearman are handy.

Now gambling/shopping for boots with FRW, so I can use Fade instead of BoS. With +2 Shadowmastery claws, I suddenly have may res. in NM. Shame that Fade does not work for the party... ;(

Hi guys

Fun was had last night - and yes I am leveling my defiance merc from Act 2 Normal - GoGo Durga the Bold:)

I must admit I was worried about my resists, the highest I have is 21 now and at least two are in the red:(

I was aiming for an ancients pledge - but some1 scooped the runes before I picked them up :grrr:

Anyways I will try and level my merc to about 40ish - I need two or three lvls too - before Monday.

O and my best find of the day - a dual res Life Leech ring given to me by Akara:)

Chill

Not feeling good!

Now im gonna say something good but i didnt feel it was fun yesterday. After some Baalruns i lost my spirit and was feeling that my pala is so boring to play. Then i remember why i didnt play fana palas in 1.09, cuz they are boring! Im sry to say it but i lost my spirit real good yesterday and was thinking to quit cuz im not having fun! I didnt do that yesterday but i dont know if i want to play the fanapala anymore.

So i have 2 roads to go......one sad and one little better but dunno if you accept that.

1. I quit cuz im not feeling that i have fun when playing a Zeal/fana paladin.

2. That i rebuild before monday. Thinking about a Charger, FireSorc or Druid (bear).

What do you all say?? Im sry for this but i cant pretend that i have fun!
You remamber yesterday when i asked how long time it took to lvl a char to 50?? If i can rebuild i can do it fast and to act1 NM. Then we can maybe do act1 again on monday.

//Tloopz

PS. Im most for a Charger cuz that was fun yesterday!

Hi Mate,

No problems at all. Forget option 1 ... we'd miss you too much :) Go for option 2 ... a new character. Can I suggest either a Charger or a Druid bear. That way you stick with the melee concept we seem to be following for the most part.

Can you revert with your account name ... so the rest of us can find you and help you level up to Nightmare.

I'm glad you said something rather than just not showing ...

All the best with the rebuild.

Regards Syxx / KTA-Minx

Tloopz said:

2. That i rebuild before monday. Thinking about a Charger, FireSorc or Druid (bear).

Tloopz said:
Im sry to say it but i lost my spirit real good yesterday and was thinking to quit cuz im not having fun! I didnt do that yesterday but i dont know if i want to play the fanapala anymore.

So i have 2 roads to go......one sad and one little better but dunno if you accept that.

You remamber yesterday when i asked how long time it took to lvl a char to 50?? If i can rebuild i can do it fast and to act1 NM. Then we can maybe do act1 again on monday.

//Tloopz

I* almost wet my self seeing you blast around like you were in a pinball machine with the big axe yesterday - don't quit because it looks like that could be very funny. Everytime I squared up to take a hit at something you knocked them out the way!

Could you keep the Fanat with a charge build? - otherwise I hit as slow as a 6 str sorc wearing a lead diving suit walking through quicksand whilst carrying a sack of potatoes:(

And at least if you maxed out a charger - you can use him for duelling after - you can play tag with my crush/DS Wolfie:)

Just my opinion

Chill

Tloopz said:
Now im gonna say something good but i didnt feel it was fun yesterday. After some Baalruns i lost my spirit and was feeling that my pala is so boring to play. Then i remember why i didnt play fana palas in 1.09, cuz they are boring! Im sry to say it but i lost my spirit real good yesterday and was thinking to quit cuz im not having fun! I didnt do that yesterday but i dont know if i want to play the fanapala anymore.

//Tloopz

Well, good that you said it. The point of KTA is to have fun and enjoy yourself :) If you don't do that it's hard to continue.

I would surely miss you if you left, so the idéa of rebuilding sounds good to me, go for it :)

We get Might instead of Fana, so the rest of us might need to adjust a bit, but that shouldn't be a problem, or? Some merc changes maybe (Blessed Aim)?

As for lvl'ing up and questing your new char through normal I can help whenever I'm online...

Hope to see you on monday /Magnus

Chiller_babe said:
Could you keep the Fanat with a charge build?

Well, technically he can, but Might is a synergie for Charge (and a great one). So in making a Charger, you really want to go Charge/Might.

We'll get the runeword for you instead :lol:

/Magnus

edit: On the other hand he can end up with a lot of skillpoints to distribute at the and, so maybe he can do both Fana and Might?

It would be fun to see the plans for you char Tloopz, skillpointwise.

Tloopz said:

1 is out of the question!
2 sounds good :) But not the Druid, trustme i'ts booring...

And thx for the game last night, was fun untill the third baal run got to me. But it as more fun again in NM. I have to say that melee chars are not really my cup of the.

A bit busy att work...

Vix

Maybe we should exchange acc passwords and trade our characters around? Tloopz gets Silvers WW, Silver gets .... :lol:

Good luck with the rebuild. Don't pull a "Swifty_Wings"

P.S. Silver: bit snowy here in Germany today, hope I make it back in time as discussed. If not, I am in a traffic jam. Can easily play until midnight though.

det said:
Maybe we should exchange acc passwords and trade our characters around? Tloopz gets Silvers WW, Silver gets .... :lol:

Good luck with the rebuild. Don't pull a "Swifty_Wings"

You know Det that isnt actually a bad idea - I used to have a couple of friends on B.net and every now and then we would play each other's characters. It causes a few laughs - like my Grizzies armour with the accidental normal ruby in it etc - and it also can help with thoughts for new builds etc. It does involve quite a lot of trust tho;)

Unfortunately my friends have moved to EVE a MMORG but hey i still have an acc with a couple of their characs(just in case)

Chill

Thx all! Sounds great that i can rebuild, i will do my best to have a new char ready for fight on monday. I will make a charger with max synergies (60 points) and rest into HS and Fana <-----for you Row ;)

But i think i need little help on the way.......I all your KTA-accs but i think that you Magnus is playing on a other acc.....am i right?

My spirit is back on top again so i think i shall try to start him today....

//Tloopz

Tloopz said:
Thx all! Sounds great that i can rebuild, i will do my best to have a new char ready for fight on monday. I will make a charger with max synergies (60 points) and rest into HS and Fana <-----for you Row ;)

But i think i need little help on the way.......I all your KTA-accs but i think that you Magnus is playing on a other acc.....am i right?

My spirit is back on top again so i think i shall try to start him today....

//Tloopz

Cheers
- for leaving me the sole true Holy Warrior of the team;)

My normal play acc is Chill_witch - feel free to look me up if you need to level, I should be around over the weekend for some bloodshed and levelling

GL with the new incarnation:)

Chill

I play on the acc you know

*detanimation
*deadmachine

BTW, if I do not reply to any of you, it might be because YOU have me on your f list, but i have only your KTA acc e.g. brynas_sw3, xenomoon8 and xenomoon16, starkr etc...

Tloopz said:
//Tloopz

KTA-acc is brynas_swe3, my other play acc is brynas_swe4. If you manage to reach me on another acc than those you know what I'm up too ;)

Good luck rebuilding /Magnus

I am asking myself: "Has KTA encountered the first crisis?"

Having fun with the game is what it is all about, so rebuilding to a certain point is okay...and I am fine with what you are doing Tloopz.

At this point we usually lifely discuss strategies for further areas and the merc distribution (all I know is that Row uses a defiance merc). Also we get used to following a set leader.

Do we have to many leaders now? Or are we too strong for this game? Will a mostly melee group just kick everything in NM and pay in hell? It just still seemed very often everybody takes a lead (that includes myself as well) because nobody fears any encountering monsters. When I play alone, I would never dare to stand in a group of charging moonlords, which I have found myself doing now...I just know they pose no threat. There was not even one close call in Nightmare, which is quite unusual.

Still, like Tloopz (but for different reasons) I became a bit detached from the game in the middle of act 1. I am really looking forward to the challenge of hell now...

det said:
I am asking myself: "Has KTA encountered the first crisis?"

Having fun with the game is what it is all about, so rebuilding to a certain point is okay...and I am fine with what you are doing Tloopz.

At this point we usually lifely discuss strategies for further areas and the merc distribution (all I know is that Row uses a defiance merc). Also we get used to following a set leader.

Do we have to many leaders now? Or are we too strong for this game? Will a mostly melee group just kick everything in NM and pay in hell? It just still seemed very often everybody takes a lead (that includes myself as well) because nobody fears any encountering monsters. When I play alone, I would never dare to stand in a group of charging moonlords, which I have found myself doing now...I just know they pose no threat. There was not even one close call in Nightmare, which is quite unusual.

Still, like Tloopz (but for different reasons) I became a bit detached from the game in the middle of act 1. I am really looking forward to the challenge of hell now...

Hmm... I agree with you. We are just breezing through the game, not really worrying what monsters we encounter, because we know that as long as we have at least one team member around, we will mowe them down in a split sec.

The lack of challenge is quite obvious so far, and a key factor for us not speaking about any tactics, mercs et.c. Up till now, it hasn't been neccessary, and though we play quite scattered out some times, we haven't had a close call yet, or? The lack of challenge can also make a game boring...

My melee sorc for ex. has 1100 life after BO and Oak, combine that with ManaShield and TK and I can't say I fear anything in NM...

Hopefully this will change in Act4/5 NM and in hell :)

Are our melee team really that strong :lol:

C U monday (and this weekend) /Magnus

You missed the chance to say what merc you take :lol:

Football season is starting in Germany again, so I will be listening to the radio and playing D2. Come and join...

I somehow feel that we might get a rude awakening at the end if NM or early in Hell:)

I personally find it quite fun charging around with total recklessness for a while - as most of my non KTA characs are at a stage where I need to take a lot of care! - This is also quite a stress busting exercise after what usually is a manic day at work.

However bad habits are - well habits and I dont want to turn into a suicidal idiot (insert 1.09 WW barb name here) and lose my charac to the first really nasty monster spawn in Hell:(

Chill

PurePremium
Estimated market value
Low
High