Interesting bug: Annihilus in SP

:smiley: sure, zarfdawg it is :rolleyes:

Edit: pm'ed you real adress

Last edited:
Let's just see how long it takes for this to leak into the community forum and then onto the realms. I bet it will be out within 24 hours.

I think its cool! I can't believe that Laz could dig that out of the coding. That just simply amazes me! I think we should defiantly let it be considered legit.

There is no mod or hack to it. Just a bug. Maybe it wasnt even intended to be a bug. Who knows?

I give my vote to letting it stay and using it. Chicken chaser ftw! (Fable). Maybe now we can have chicken chaser builds with frw and vigor!

Do of course wait for the mods approval before chasing your own chickens and tainting. I hope we can find out soon. I was just getting a bit tired of my d2 playing.. maybe this will help.

I predict that if 1.12 ever does happen, 1.11 will replace 1.07 as the most popular previous version to run

Well, I tried it once and it was a no go. Dern bolts after she died never hit the chicken. :smile:

Maybe now we can have chicken chaser builds with frw and vigor!

Probably bad idea. If you are too fast you will just confuse chicken and direct it in wrong direction. I think patience and precision is answer here, not speed.

Farmed 6 anni's so far, none perfect yet but a couple decent ones. I've got it down to a system. (In fact, I might even post a chicken runner miniguide to help players optimize run times).

What's your system Liq? I take it your using a Werewolf. I've found that in addition to making a pen out of bonewalls, it's really easy to get them to change directions by casting a minion in their trajectory. So I just throw up a Gumby and they stop running away. Guess this could work well with wolves too. My runs are getting much faster now. Still waiting on a perfect one.

EDIT: Come to think of it a teleporting character might make much better use of this strategy.

This is insane! I didn't really believe it at first but i gave it a shot. This is amazing!

Annihilus
Small Charm
Keep in Inventory to Gain Bonus
Required Level: 70
Item Version: 1.10+ Expansion
Item Level: 110
Fingerprint: 0x13d45d81
+14 to Strength
+14 to Energy
+14 to Dexterity
+14 to Vitality
All Resistances +17
+10% to Experience Gained
+1 to All Skill Levels

I won't use it on my characters yet though. I'll wait until the mods have discussed what policy we should use.

Tried with my character, but blood raven didn't kill the chicken, trying again now.

I really think the simpliest method for the SPF is to just make them untradable, either way if they are so easily gotten, I don't see how they can be valued high at all. Someone with a bit of patience could probably get a perfect one rather quickly.

The chickens move so slow that if they start running in the wrong direction, you can just run past them and stand in their way, even with 0 frw... the important thing is to not run ahead of them, making them scared to run back to where you came from... After all I did win the chicken run tourney(aka COAP's giveaway) :cool:

What's your system Liq? I take it your using a Werewolf. I've found that in addition to making a pen out of bonewalls, it's really easy to get them to change directions by casting a minion in their trajectory. So I just throw up a Gumby and they stop running away. Guess this could work well with wolves too. My runs are getting much faster now. Still waiting on a perfect one.

EDIT: Come to think of it a teleporting character might make much better use of this strategy.

Close. I tried it with my wolf and the results were pretty satisfactory. I Feral to speed around killing the monsters in the direct path. Go back, grab a chicken, being careful to toggle run/walk so the chicken doesn't bolt too far in a wrong direction. This is much more finesse and patience than brute speed. Then, I walk him slowly to my goal casting Poison Creeper (only 8 mana cost) from side to side in a swathing V pattern to keep him herded. It's worked pretty well so far but ideally I think a teleport char or a leap barb would make the most optimal chicken farmers.

This is tedious; not even worth it unless you're a perfectionist (gear wise). Getting rid of your merc is a must imo. My merc contastly messes with the chicken near blood raven as he chases mobs, and thus chases the chicken away even further. He also has a habit of making corpses in the worst places that block the chicken.

Edit: On my fourth try, I had the chicken practically on top of BR, and still no dead chicken. I think I'm done trying this out for now, heh.

Last edited:
Bleh, liq. you could at least have sent me your next worse, this has almost lowest roll possible :tongue:

edit: still, anni is anni

After those failed attempts reported here, I tried once more. I made sure to have the chicken real close to blood raven, to get hit by the bolts I think is the key. The result:

Annihilus
Small Charm
Keep in Inventory to Gain Bonus
Required Level: 70
Item Version: 1.10+ Expansion
Item Level: 110
Fingerprint: 0xfd7e148c
+19 to Strength
+19 to Energy
+19 to Dexterity
+19 to Vitality
All Resistances +19
+8% to Experience Gained
+1 to All Skill Levels

Looks a lot like my latest DF... exp would have to be 9 though...

Coooooooool!!!! Pindle and the Pit were getting kind of old, so I took a break after finding this thread! Chicken herding takes some practice, but very good results after two tries. Got to say the anni is something I missed from my bnet days. The one my second chicken layed (first chicken was too far from BR) had pretty poor mods except for 10% experience per kill, which is exactly what I was looking for. :jig:

Thanks for the catch, Laz!

P.S. If using a summon necro, you don't want to try to chase the chicken to BR with any skeletons or revives--only your merc for protection along the way.

Edit: Hope this doesn't mess up my ability to trade or MP. Had to use my Skellimancer because it's the only character I have on Hell level...sure would like to hear from the mods on this one...

Last edited:
Killed Blood Raven right by the chicken 10 times now, still no dice. I'll try again later.

Or maybe all you fools got me good for April Fool's, I still thought it was March 30. :/

PurePremium
Estimated market value
Low
High