ignore

Liter Soul said:
What post? Wahsa?
You See nothing, you hear nothing. The Dark Side is clouding your mind. Come now young Skywalker and Join Me, Your Fathers brothers, sisters, aunts, uncles, grandmothers, Great Danes, Cousin!!

Spook_Cell said:
I think that quoting the halls of the blind poem thingy would be cool but I can't remember since it's been so long since I've played D1

that was so sweet. i think there's an atmospheric feeling to D1 that's missing from D2. D2 is more epic, IMO, but there were definitely points where you didn't want to play D1 alone in the dark at night...or maybe that was just me. :)

I can see what you see not,
Vision milky then eyes rot.
When you turn they will be gone,
Whispering their hidden song.
Then you see what cannot be,
Shadows move where light should be.
Out of darkness, out of mind,
Cast down into the halls of the blind

This the poem you mean? Cheers!

Or, the man in the cow suit in the ex. pack.

Moo.

I said moo.

Look, I'm just a cow, okay?

~Jay
"It's a giant, huge, gigantic, swollen bloated mushroom!" or something like that... Griswold was the best... back when he said more than "Urrrrrrgh... braaaains."

Ti-Ben said:
D1 pwnz D2. No MFing I love it! :yep: Plus the armosphere is really creepy and eery. Hell was really hell.
Now if they make a D3 it would be nice if they combined the close personal feeling that D1 gave you with its atmosphere and ghost stories with the classes , powers, and genrally better graphics that D2 gave us.

Boddah_khan said:
I can see what you see not,
Vision milky then eyes rot.
When you turn they will be gone,
Whispering their hidden song.
Then you see what cannot be,
Shadows move where light should be.
Out of darkness, out of mind,
Cast down into the halls of the blind

Ooooh.... *runs off to see if D1 will actually run on today's computers and if he still has the 1.01 hellfire patch* :D (I liked the monk)

wildjinn said:
that was so sweet. i think there's an atmospheric feeling to D1 that's missing from D2. D2 is more epic, IMO, but there were definitely points where you didn't want to play D1 alone in the dark at night...or maybe that was just me. :)
I think this eerie feeling we feel when we play D1 in some areas is due to the sounds effects. This feeling is compounded by the fact that in D1 you explored dimly-lit dungeons, turning around corners to check if anyone was there etc. D1's Tristram had the ambience of a tragic ghost town. This was probably due to the music, and the mystery of what actually transpired in Tristram, coupled with the dark, grey forbidding colours of that town.

D2 is different. The different NPCs you meet sound gung-ho most of the time, and though they range from being cryptically wise to downright foolish or naive (Farnham?), you don't really hear about any tragic incidents that occur or even the occasional ancient history. Cain still dispenses his "wisdom" in D2, but D2 is more global. Being able to travel to Hell (Hell is more brightly lit in D2 than D1), the Deserts, Tropical Rainforests and even snow-covered territories simply gave the appearance of being a carefree adventurer, rather than a prodigal son who returns to his home village only to find it nearly devoid of inhabitants. Which is more of a hero?

Furthermore, some areas of D2 really are scary, probably because they resemble D1. The Harem Palace (Act 2) is one of them(not the cellars). Turn a wrong corner and be prepared to be shot by Skeleton Archers.

aww i loved playing D1

and still i had no clue what i was doing in that game
was the worst newbie ever :)

Is this one of the postcount +1 threads? :p

Spammers... :teeth:

Just to add something meaningful, where can i order d1 + exp online? really want that game..

ULTIMATER said:
Is this one of the postcount +1 threads? :p

Spammers... :teeth:

Just to add something meaningful, where can i order d1 + exp online? really want that game..

bah you spammer, i won´t tell

(don´t know..)

PurePremium
Estimated market value
Low
High