I hate to say it....

Status
Not open for further replies.
Re: I hate to say it....

The "casual", "reasonable" tone of the OP fools no one.

Still, it was useful to me personally - gave me a reason to look up mendaciousness in the dictionary.

:coffee:

Darn you Loz, now I have to look it up too;) ah found it, yep thats it

Hmmm... I gotta say, as a new member to this site and still getting adjusted to the community, sure the load speeds for this site can be considered slow if you're comparing it to other sites, but as has been mentioned here in this thread plenty o' times, it's kind of a catch 22, isn't it? You say to get rid of the ads and upgrade the servers. Well, the ads pay the bills for the current servers... Personally I've just learned to accept the ads, and sometimes I even like looking at them.
You say that the speed is unacceptable. Man, I would hate to see what your behavior was like back in the day when dial-up was the norm. I expect maybe you'd just tear your hair out waiting for one site to load up. Just be grateful for what you have and don't be a baby about it. You're taking a lot of things for granted and you should just grow up.

I have to agree with the second point in your original post though. I like having a large contributing community, it makes things happen a lot faster and it's probably a lot nicer for trades and off topic discussions. But therein lies the problem, notice the bolded "contributing" part. I've been to the General Chat forum on the "other" site, and while there are a lot more topics, the quality of posts is kinda garbage. I did used to go there a while back, just for the off topic discussions, because let's be honest, the OT forums here are lacking most of the time. But that doesn't mean that place is better, because it's not. People here can argue that the quality here is better, but that's very objective, and what some people enjoy reading will differ. I didn't like having to read 20 or 30 posts of random image macros and "luls" "rofl" "win" or "fail" in every off topic thread, so I stopped going there. But obviously with that many members there, obviously they must enjoy the quality.

It's hard to say which site "beats" the other one, since the style of both sites are really different and we can go to both for completely different things. I come here for the relaxed trading since I really don't want to deal with forum credits, and I just like the relaxed atmosphere in the trading forums here. I go to other forums for off topic and general chat, and it's taken me a long time to finally settle down on a couple that I enjoy reading.
You didn't really need to make a topic announcing your leaving for a competitor, it's not like people here would know (new account, I'm just assuming you have no real ties to this forum) or even care. If you were going to leave, then just do it. You had to expect a poop storm to hit if you were to publicly criticize a forum out in the open, and for the Forum Defense Squad to kick into high gear. I'm sure you meant to just point out the weak points in the forum and things that you felt could be improved for the overall enjoyability of the members here, but I guess you went about it the wrong way.

I don't feel that you needed to make a big thing about leaving, but we all like a little drama so maybe that's why you decided to make this thread, who knows.
If you wanted to make some suggestions to benefit this board, some helpful PMs or even a post or a thread in here would have been sufficient. But there honestly was no need for you to make a thread and essentially go, "hey peace out this place sucks and here's why."

i like my Three C's:

Coca-cola, coffee, and cupcakes.

oh, and i don't even play D2, but the people i have met here are great. yeah, you run into your jerks sometimes, but when does that not happen on AND of the internet? and besides, slow maybe, but there is something called patience. it comes in a little glass bottle and all you need is about a teaspoon a day. but maybe in your case, you will need a tablespoon or two. oh, i forgot to prescribe the forum support threads. they tend to help out a bit as well. ;)

Status
Not open for further replies.
PurePremium
Estimated market value
Low
High