I hate to say it....

Status
Not open for further replies.

Thelin

Banned
Jun 1, 2010
I hate to say it....

...but I have converted to the "other" site. For the benefit of this community, let me offer the two primary reasons why I switched. Perhaps the admins can improve this site and lure me back.

1) This site is so terribly SLOW!!!! It takes a good 6-7 seconds (many times even more) to load each and every page, forum or not. I'm not being impatient. This is excessively slow. The "other" site is quick as can be. Get rid of the slow loading ads and upgrade your servers. This speed is not acceptable for any website.

2) Far more active users. Many many times more users. Posts will be off the first page in a matter of moments, and you'll see so many more available trades. This can be a hassle in and of itself, and I can think of many ways the site could be improved. But as far as having a large community with a very large amount of available items, the "other" site can't be beat.

I'll certainly continue visiting this site for the content updates and because I respect the fact that this site has been going as long as it has. But as far as trading goes, you've lost me.

Re: I hate to say it....

bye! let us know how long it takes you to get scam-zord

bye! let us know how long it takes you to get scam-zord

They have warn meters and mediators, significantly decreasing the risk of being scammed. Most people have given me payment before I even traded the item.

Edited: Removed my snarky comment.

Good luck.

Don't be shocked if you wander back.

There is no comparison in quality between sites, especially the people that visit them.

The ads pay the bills, or part of them. So they aren't going anywhere.

Far more active users? Ummm... ok right. More likely that there are a grater number of active scammers and the like.

Site slow? I'll give you that, but if you had bothered to take a look at some of the threads in the support forum, you would know why and that the slowness has been resolved, things seem faster than before.

Warn meters and mediators?

We mods warn and give infractions, we warn by PM. We temp ban that's also a warning. We don't have to do any of that, but we do.

Improve the site?

I'm all ears, how so?

Still want to leave?

Don't let the door hit your rear on the way out.

Edited: Removed my snarky comment.

Good luck.

Don't be shocked if you wander back.

There is no comparison in quality between sites, especially the people that visit them.

I've been visiting this site for over 10 years fyi. Just created new account as I just started playing again.

Perhaps you should get past your defensiveness and actually compare the sites analytically. You'll perhaps see why this site isn't half the site it once was, and it's about a lot more than a decline in D2 popularity.

I'd just as soon stay right here, but it's like refusing a bmw for the same price as a pinto. Perhaps my comments will play a part in convincing the admins that this site needs to innovate, exactly as they did when they became the top trading destination for D2 items 10 years ago.

As for the "vile pit" comment, I certainly hope for your sake you've actually tried the site and aren't just going fanboy. I've yet to experience such sentiments.

The ads pay the bills, or part of them. So they aren't going anywhere.

Far more active users? Ummm... ok right. More likely that there are a grater number of active scammers and the like.

Site slow? I'll give you that, but if you had bothered to take a look at some of the threads in the support forum, you would know why and that the slowness has been resolved, things seem faster than before.

Warn meters and mediators?

We mods warn and give infractions, we warn by PM. We temp ban that's also a warning. We don't have to do any of that, but we do.

Improve the site?

I'm all ears, how so?

Still want to leave?

Don't let the door hit your rear on the way out.

Hmm, you'd expect a moderator to have a bit more class. With people like you, who needs a better site to leave. You can just insult them all away.

I've been exceedingly polite, and provided suggestions for improvement. Shame you have to be so defensive.

Here's some additional ideas for free:

Perhaps you could focus your business model on providing a high quality service that people are willing to pay for. Use your imagination a bit here and it won't take you long to come up with viable alternatives.

Increase the speed of your site. You know it, I know it, and anyone in their right mind knows they aren't going to sit there waiting five seconds per page when there's hundreds of items to browse. This isn't rocket science. Speed should be your first concern.

Develop an item locator so I don't have to wade through neverending iso/ft lists of which 98% of the items are charsi.

Develop some method to "bin" through items. e.g. an auction for a specific item could have several bin offers (e.g. trading soj, bins are 6 x 7smfcs, 2 x low ll bul-kathos, ber and jah, etc).

These are but a few ideas to set yourself apart from the competition.

What site is that? If it starts with a J and ends with a P, it can rot in hell.

Why don't you be specific about your comments and the need for improvement?

Visiting here for over 10 years? I wonder who you really are. You realize i can find out real easy don't you?

People wouldn't be so defensive if what you said had some truth to it, which it largely does not.

Hmm, you'd expect a moderator to have a bit more class. With people like you, who needs a better site to leave. You can just insult them all away.

Class?

I've got enough thanks.

Look at your posts, maybe if you were informed and knew what you were talking about, you might get better reactions from people...including me.

I dare you to have the balls to say what your old account is...I bet you won't.

Quality over quantity, is all I have to say.

I look at most of the people who use that site and their etiquette is atrocious. But, I'm not going to get all "hurt" over you leaving. Enjoy your time over there and try not to become like most of the douches I've met from that place.

I have a sneaking suspicion that you'll recognize the better site in time. It's not all about being l33t and having 87 'Nigmaz. It's about a better community and more content per post.

Take it easy, man. See you later!

What site is that? If it starts with a J and ends with a P, it can rot in hell.

Why don't you be specific about your comments and the need for improvement?

Visiting here for over 10 years? I wonder who you really are. You realize i can find out real easy don't you?

People wouldn't be so defensive if what you said had some truth to it, which it largely does not.

What is untrue about my statement in any way? This site is slow, you even admitted it yourself, and I see so many more trades there it's not even funny. There's absolutely nothing untruthful or embellished in those two facts.

As for warn meters and mediators, all I said was that the site has them which helps dimish my risk of being scammed. I didn't say your site doesn't have those same features, or that yours are any better or worse.

So now tell me ONE THING I have said that is untruthful or embellished. Just one...

And if that's your only criteria, you should mosey on over there and start working on your post count there.

GET THAT FORUM GOLD! WOOT WOOT!

-_-

What is untrue about my statement in any way? This site is slow, you even admitted it yourself, and I see so many more trades there it's not even funny. There's absolutely nothing untruthful or embellished in those two facts.

As for warn meters and mediators, all I said was that the site has them which helps dimish my risk of being scammed. I didn't say your site doesn't have those same features, or that yours are any better or worse.

So now tell me ONE THING I have said that is untruthful or embellished. Just one...

You seem to be leaving out things in favor of giving you more weight to your point so to speak. What I said about the site being slow was that i gave you that and i also pointed out the threads in the support forum. If you had bothered/bothered to read them you would be aware of a few issues that were fixed or tweaked. So before you go and say that the site is slow and that i admitted it myself, why don't you include the full picture of things in addition to things that give your point of view more weight?

Or are you scared that no one will take your side? (It does not seem so now.)

On warn meters and moderators, you also left out the fact that there are rules in the trade forums for one, and that there are limitations in place and also do not trade lists. While no one can prevent the possibility of a rune or another item from being a dupe, most of our members abide by those rules. Also for that matter, who's to say that a trade done off this site will not go bad? Your risks are the same.

We do not and will not mediate trades that take place out of the trade window or that aren't part of a trade forum thread. Also screenshots can be photoshopped and it's always one person's word against another's. Same goes for any other site.

should i go on?

The fact isn't that what you say is untruthful or not, the fact is you're leaving out things that don't help your arguement and adding things that do.

And if that's your only criteria, you should mosey on over there and start working on your post count there.

GET THAT FORUM GOLD! WOOT WOOT!

-_-

You know the success of that site is also quite the testament to the power of currency. Sure, you can make currency out of in game items like we did back in 1.09 with sojs, 7smfcs and 100pscs; but the harsh reality is that kind of trading system is substandard in the face of a currency system.

It still seems awfully silly to me. Who knows, maybe I'm just old fashioned. (like... Diablo 2 in general?)

Then again, I'm not a power-gamer and I don't need to flex my e-peen by showing off all my stuff. Not saying you are, but a lot of the users of JSP are.

But like I said, have fun over there. And, no, that wasn't sarcastic. This forum is perfect for me, hence why I'll be staying.

Edit: Also, JSP affiliates with botters and the like. If you are okay with being grouped in with them, then maybe leaving here is the best option.

Gorny, I don't care WHY your site is slow, I only care that it is. I'm a consumer and you're trying to sell me a product (advertisements) with substandard performance.

Do you care WHY your new video card has reduced performance that cannot be fixed to your satisfaction? Or do you simply return it to newegg and get a better model?

As a side note, you're a mod, and you should act with a certain amount of restraint when responding to customers. After all, you never really win an argument with a customer because even if you win it's a pyrrhic victory.

Edit: Also, JSP affiliates with botters and the like. If you are okay with being grouped in with them, then maybe leaving here is the best option.

I live in a gray area on this topic. I support player to player rmt, but despise bots and any form of cheating. Some people claim rmt is cheating, but I disagree as I've played multiple collector games where it is common and well accepted to trade money for collectables. Magic the gathering is the most obvious example. It's also a great comparison because while money CAN influence your capability in that game, you can also become effective and even rich with minimal investment and smart gameplay. D2 is very similar.

In the end, though, for trading I will go to the place with the best selection and the best prices. I would far prefer that would be without botting, but the game is now what it is. If Blizzard wanted to stop botting they would, but they don't care. Even without botting the "other site" would still be vastly superior simply because of speed and a common currency. That being said, I think a site such as this can be successful if they innovate to meeting the value of currency convenience.

Gorny, I don't care WHY your site is slow, I only care that it is. I'm a consumer and you're trying to sell me a product (advertisements) with substandard performance.

Do you care WHY your new video card has reduced performance that cannot be fixed to your satisfaction? Or do you simply return it to newegg and get a better model?

As a side note, you're a mod, and you should act with a certain amount of restraint when responding to customers. After all, you never really win an argument with a customer because even if you win it's a pyrrhic victory.

Restraint?

I could have banned you by now for the fun of it...but I'm practicing restraint by not doing so.

So your restraint arguement fails, care to try again?

Who said I was trying to win?

there's a saying, a troll never stops, no matter what is said.

Here you are keeping on going and going and going...like a certain pink bunny in battery commercials.

Besides, you have yet to reveal your main account here...or are you scared?

Or maybe you're a 10 year lurker.

Status
Not open for further replies.
PurePremium
Estimated market value
Low
High