Hirings for Diablo IV

mrpinsky

Apr 18, 2020
Switzerland
www.last.fm
This is a continuation of this thread on the old forum.

Diablo IV hiring is continuously high. Out of 37 currently open Diablo jobs in total, 30 are explicitly for Diablo IV. There are 11 open positions for artists alone.

Just looking at the amount of job ads that have gone up over the last months and years it's obvious that D IV is a massive project.

The full list is available here.

Rush

Administrator
Staff member
Mar 12, 2020
Thanks for bringing this over. I wonder if they are further along than we think if more QA people are being brought in?

In The Name of Zod

Mar 23, 2020
Some of the jobs are definitely getting filled but there are a few senior roles they seem to be struggling with. I get the feeling that the programming side of the game is going well since they are doing QA now and that there have not been many jobs in that area offered recently. The jobs in art and animation appear to be expanding though.

Reactions: Elly

Jugalator

Apr 11, 2020
Sweden
nordlund.dev
Maybe somewhat related to this, I'm maintaining a Twitter List of all Diablo IV team members and related accounts like Life at Blizzard and the Diablo account (currently 29 in total) here: https://twitter.com/i/lists/1204888481287299073

My evil plan was to pick up on some scoop (reasonably mild of course) but they're sitting darn tight on even concept art and sketches! ;)

I did see a work at home setup from one on the Diablo IV team though and someone's wolf (!) greeting people at the Blizzard HQ entrance!

Otherwise, from my sleuthing I can only conclude that if Diablo IV is delayed it is solely due to them playing too much Animal Crossing. Don't believe them about Covid-19 excuses. It's all Animal Crossing!

Last edited: