Highest Rune you ever found (forge not counted)

Re: Highest Rune you ever found (forge not counted)

1xMAL form Countess
2xIST from Countess
1xIST in WSK3
1xPUL from council member in Durance 2
1xPUL from Cows (I think)
seveal LEM's which I used for GF-gear
All in Hell difficulty, nothing worth mentioning in normal or NM ( I don't run NM runs)
Lots of KO's and lesser ones.
A quite meager harvest, in about 3 years of D2-ing, on-off.
By trading, I 'earned' about 100 high runes (MAL, VEX, JAH BER).
Oh just to brag about it, I found 4 SoJ's in that time. Actually found three and gambled for one (back in 1.08 or 1.09 don't remeber, you know, when you had to have in your inv. nagelring and the other one, manald heal or whatever, before gambling for SoJ).

I have found at least 3 Lo runes in my Diablo 2 career, one in 1.09 where I sold it recklessly without checking the price out =/

2 of them is in 1.10 career that I made one legit grief and a legit fortitude, still proud of it especially when a active ruststorm hits the server =)

Wow either you guys are hardcore mfers or I just don't have the luck.

For me its...

Gul rune from a random unique zombie in The Mausoleum :cry:

There's probably a lot of luck involved but i think there are other factors:
- your playing time, obviously
- if you often start new characters vs if you always play the same char in hell
- if you only do boss runs vs if you do full runs (i.e. you kill everything in your path)
- how you are cautious about checking your drops

Personally, i think i found some high runes in about 2 years of play:
jah
ohm x 2
vex x 2
gul x 3
ist x 2, some mals and ums from countess (one of those ist was found when looking for an el...!)

I also got a cham from a random boss in Sanctuary in a public game... but some other bugger got it before me, eh.

Lots and lots of runs, full clears and a great deal of luck too I suppose. :crazyeyes:

Cham, from Pindleskin eons ago. For some reason, all my self-found HRs (4x Lo, 2x Sur, Jah, Cham) would have cubed up into exactly one Zod rune. I hope that doesn't mean that I won't find more of them.

BTW, I found all these Lo runes before we had the runewords which need that rune :rolleyes:

BTW, I found all these Lo runes before we had the runewords which need that rune :rolleyes:

Like in 1.09 eh?

I do agree that Lo rune is not highly sought at that time, the only thing that requires a Lo is the "Lo Eth" combination. I have no idea why people use Lo and Eth together in a weapon though.

Two in 1.09 and another two in the first ladder season of 1.10. Lo runes were used to socket weapons, as they add 20% DS.

Ber
total list is:
2XVex
2XOhm
2XLo
1XSur
2XBer

and just a thought but I have never found one off a boss, so maybe if you are hunting for one you should just kill masses of monsters.

the highest rune i ever would was a Jah, while doing a hell cow run. was pretty surprised to see it :). but that was a loooooooooooooonnnngggg time ago

Ber
total list is:
2XVex
2XOhm
2XLo
1XSur
2XBer

and just a thought but I have never found one off a boss, so maybe if you are hunting for one you should just kill masses of monsters.

I agree.... killing hundreds of tiny minions with a 0.08% chance of dropping [x] item is still better than going for that one superunique/boss who has a 0.20% chance of dropping that item. Thats about all those annoying little carvers are good for anyways ¬¬

My higest rune is 2 x GUL. if i could just get a ber and jah then i could make that frakking Enigma :)

But i got my first SOJ today so im happy :thumbup:

Vex from a unique or champion in Tower 5 when I played single player ages ago. Would have been used for a Silence if I'd gotten the rest of the runes, hehe.

Found an unnoticed/ignored Ko in a public Diablo run as well as a Lum from Countess since I took up the game again.

Found a Ko the other day, pretty poor really.
My old druid found an Um as well, but thats it :)

This makes me sad. I´ve played d2 for 6 years, with an average of 6 hours every week. My best ever runedrop was a Pul (from hell Countess). :weep:

Luckily I manage to get hold of most HR´s I need by trading... :wine:

Ber about 7.5 years ago. Ohm about 5 years ago. Saw an Ohm drop in a Baal run about 3 years ago, but someone else got it. Gul at the beginning of the 1.12 ladder season -- best Hell Hellforge ever, killed Hephasto, Gul dropped along with the Hammer; did the quest got Gul; 2 for one was quite nice, especially at the start of the ladder.

Ist and lower, too many to count

I did found Ber rune not too recently after I began to play D2 semi-actively again (even though with old nonladder chars) from some random enemy @ Throne of Destruction.

During previous ladder season I found Gul from pindleskin and one Ist from some random enemy in act4, but other than those nothing too glamorous.

PurePremium
Estimated market value
Low
High