HELP - atma/gomule, rwm/rrm, utilities and variants

Status
Not open for further replies.
Re: HELP - atma/gomule, rwm/rrm, utilities and variants

It is creating bin files and also after i change Runes.txt with Runes1.13b.txt it gives unhandled acception access violation c0000005.

I tried to run it as admin but this time it did not see my saved chars.

I guess i messed up everything lol :D

When you run it as Administrator, it will read the characters from the installation directory instead of your user's virtualstore directory.

It is creating bin files and also after i change Runes.txt with Runes1.13b.txt it gives unhandled acception access violation c0000005.

I tried to run it as admin but this time it did not see my saved chars.

I guess i messed up everything lol :D

I'm no expert on the PC RWM, but I think you need to change the filenname to Runes.txt

...or am I missing something?

About 1.13b/c RWM, check this post (and the conversation surrounding it).

If you are using the RWM file from Thyiad's webpage, that might be the cause why it doesn't work. Try using the RWM file provided by DC here; it's been confirmed as working.

Edit: RWM file is the exact same for both 1.13b and 1.13c (because the Runes.txt did not change at all from 1.13b to 1.13c (not even technically speaking)).

Thanks for all the help guys :thumbup: DC's RWM is working fine. :)

Warning, this is nitpicking to the max (not maxicek, but the word maximum), but just to be 100% precise...

1.13c (and 1.13b, not sure of 1.13a) introduced one fix regarding runewords, and that is the one for Principle runeword. This fix is included in the 1.13b/c RWM file posted by DarkChaos.

However, there is a second, literally useless change in the Runes.txt compared to 1.12a, and that change is in one of Plague runeword's properties. And why that change is literally useless: Plague runeword is not even enabled; it cannot be created. Regardless, there was a change in that line (one letter was removed : P), even though that does not affect anything at all.

Now to the point: DC's RWM file did not include that change to the non-enabled Plague runeword (I would guess he manually updated it from 1.12a RWM), and just for consistency's sake, it seems to me like a good idea to have a file that includes that "fix" as well, just to be completely consistent with the original 1.13c Runes.txt file (apart from enabling the ladder-only runewords in single player of course). So I packed and uploaded an updated (if it can even be called as such) 1.13c RWM onto my webpage, available here.

Just to be sure, I compared the file to the RWM file posted by DC, and the only difference is in one of Plague runeword's properties, so that it is consistent with the original 1.13c file. I will also PM Thyiad pointing towards this post, so that if she would replace the current 1.13b/c RWM file with the slightly updated one.

I want to emphasize that there is absolutely no need to update to the one I linked to now, because the one tiny change to Plague runeword's property is the only difference to DC's Runes.txt, and most importantly, Plague runeword is not even enabled, it is just simply listed in the Runes.txt as a useless line. I just like consistency, and it seems like a nice idea to me that everyone would be running their RWM with an as 1.13c-consistent Runes.txt file as possible, even if the difference is nothing that can have any effect in the game.

Edit: [next-to-useless-babbling] Just for thoroughness' sake: The 1,13b/c RWM file I uploaded is based directly on the original unmodified 1.13c Runes.txt file, I just enabled the ladder-only runewords, and I confirmed with a file compare tool that the only difference to DC's RWM file is the one stat that Blizz "fixed" on the non-enabled Plague runeword. On a side note, what on earth was Blizz thinking "fixing" a stat in a non-enabled runeword?? Also, what on earth is this lunatic "Denton" doing being so obsessive with this? Well that even Denton doesn't fully know, all he knows is that his mind is more at calm when he knows the RWM'd Runes.txt is as consistent as possible with the original 1.13c one. /3rd person /spam /???

Oh and right, DC, I hope you are not offended from my nitpicking. I just like consistency. As an excuse I can say that I guess I really am a bit obsessive-compulsive with such things.

Last edited:

Hey guys, I've checked as much as I could, but couldn't find an answer anywhere...

I've decided to give this whole 1.13 thing a shot, what with higher rune drops and all, so I downloaded GoMule (had removed all of my d2 stuff a while back, no biggie, had a relatively pathetic SP account), and am having the following problem:

When I load my character he shows up as a level 1 with starting gear. Its my character's name, loaded from the correct file and everything. It doesn't save over the actual character (I got a little freaked out for a second). Any idea what's going on?

Using 64bit vista, 1.13c.

Thanks!

I also had a problem with the RWM file from Thyiad's page. I first got access violations - I couldn't even open a character, the game simply crashed. After opening my character using the Vanilla shortcut, which worked, I figured it was a problem with Runes.txt, perhaps it wasn't saved properly as a tab-delimited text file. So I opened it in OpenOffice Calc, and re-saved it as tab-delimited. This allowed me to open the character, but the Obedience pole my merc was carrying didn't work. He took forever to kill an amp'ed Flayer on p1, and when I opened the inventory, the Runeword name was displayed as "Ith". I've now replaced the Runes.txt file with Denton's, and everything appears to be working fine, although the Obedience stick has disappeared completely. My merc is carrying no weapon. Thankfully ATMA has that wonderful file backup functionality.

RWM for Mac 1.13c is now up.
Thanks Thy for uploading and hosting it.

As usual, unzip and copy the patch file into your D2 directory.
Try and make something like Edge or Spirit before you make a Fortitude :)
Patch is about 9Mb.

max.

@ Jason Maher: GG for backups.

Note that Thyiad has already re-uploaded the 1.13b/c Runes.txt file from DC, as a ZIP compressed file. So now it works.

Note that the 1.13b/c RWM file hosted on Thyiad's webpage is still the "old" one DC posted, which works perfectly fine though, it just doesn't include that one useless fix Blizzard had made for the non-enabled "Plague" runeword. So in practice it makes no difference whether you are using the RWM DC provided (which is now properly hosted on Thyiad's webpage), or the updated one I posted. (But again just for consistency's sake I hope Thyiad will replace the RWM file with the updated one.)

And as for why the previous now-gone Runes.txt file hosted on Thyiad's webpage didn't work:

How about uploading it there as a compressed zip archive file? I'm starting to have a feeling that maybe your web host automatically converts .txt files into "unix-like" encoding, for some reason. I'm only guessing, but that seems like a logical explanation if you uploaded the exact same RWM file as DC posted in the 1.13 PTR thread (I just now checked that file from DC's post again and it's still fine).

I've re-re-reuploaded as a zip file. .7z is a zip file; rename it if you don't use 7zip. (Which is awesome by the way.)

@Denton/Thyiad:

The difference is just the unix/dos newline conversion. The flip utility is a command line program that can change files to and from dos/unix/mac. It has windows/mac/linux versions precompiled. "flip -d Runes.txt" will change it into the correct (DOS) format, and "flip -t Runes.txt" will tell you what format it is in.

I tried it on Thyiad's file, and it converted it correctly, the unix diff program was initially showing a difference between the files, and afterwards diff said they were the same, and the file sizes matched.

Hello, I am trying to install ATMA on my desktop PC (windows XP), using the installer in ATMA_Installer.zip, in the link in the opening post. However, when I try to launch the installer, I get the error message:

"C:Setup.ini

The installation database is not valid.

The installation will be canceled."

Any ideas?

I was looking at my 1.12a->1.13c ethereal oath balrog blade and trying to decide if I should make a new one out of a 1.07 base to get more damage, when I noticed that my calculations for the damage were inconsistent with the actual damage of my oath weapon.

The arreat summit has the balrog blade's 1-handed minimum damage listed as 15. My oath has 321% enhanced damage. So shouldn't the damage be listed as 15 (min damage) * 1.5 (ethereal) * 3.21 (enhanced damage) = 72? My oath actually has 92-471 one-handed and 345-745 two-handed damage. (None of the numbers line up with what I expected, but I just wanted to show a single example of how I did my calculations.)

Is there a problem with RWM or am I just missing something?

@Es Mors
Are you extracting the folder first? If not, try that.

well, you must remember to add the base damage.

A balrog blade has min dmg 15, et that is 22.5=22 (allways round down)

the 321% ED is 22*3.21=~70, so 70 is added to the base damage 70+22=92!

The easiest way to calculate damage is to take [base damage]*(1+ED%/100). Or 22*4.21=92

EDIT: remember that 100% ED will double the damage of an item, and not just make it base damage - 50% ED isn't halving the damage but adding 50% damage!

@Es Mors
Are you extracting the folder first? If not, try that.

I am extracting the zip file, before launching, yes. Maybe there is another way to install ATMA, what if I just download all the files under the folder ATMAV on that page that the OP links to?

EDIT: I just tried goMule instead, and the stashes don't work! It just says (Unknown) behind their name, and I can't add items to them. Are .d2x files incompatible with my computer or something? :S

Last edited:

@ Es Mors:
The ATMA Installer.zip should work fine; always has before. I didn't think it made a difference but are you:
1) downloading before extracting (IE not doing open from website)
2) running as an admin?

The AtmaV directory is the same files but unzipped. (I did it for someone whose Norton was snippy with the zipped file.)

The other two files are for ATMA to recognize the Essences in 1.13c. IE do those last.

If you have Norton, it will get nark

@ Es Mors:
The ATMA Installer.zip should work fine; always has before. I didn't think it made a difference but are you:
1) downloading before extracting (IE not doing open from website)
2) running as an admin?

The AtmaV directory is the same files but unzipped. (I did it for someone whose Norton was snippy with the zipped file.)

The other two files are for ATMA to recognize the Essences in 1.13c. IE do those last.

If you have Norton, it will get nark

I download the ATMA_Installer.zip to my computer, then extract ATMA_Installer.exe (the only file in the zip) and then launch it from the folder I extracted it to. Still the same error.

The fact that the .d2x files don't work in goMule for me either is really weird. Maybe there is a connection?

Thanks for the help so far, guys!

EDIT: And yes, I am running as admin. Also, I use F-Secure, not Norton.

Last edited:

Hey guys, don't mean to bug, but any idea about my gomule problem? I'm using atma right now, so its not a huge deal if it doesn't work, but I would like it to.

Again, the problem is that my character loads as a new character. Doesn't save over the current one or anything. Thanks!

Hi everyone - it's been a while :)

I decided to start Diablo II again after the new patch, but I'm having problems getting RWM to work. I've tried researching both here and elsewhere on the internet and tried the various solutions offered - but still no luck.
I'll try to give as much information I can, but if there is anything I missed out do let me know.

I'm using Denton's 1.13c Runes.txt from page 61 in this thread (post #606). I've tried the various other versions of the file too such as that by DC and the one on Thyiad's site, but Denton's seems the most up-to-date one.
I've tried a full reinstallation of the game. My method of checking if it works is by making an Insight into the following 4-socket Bec-de-Corbin (so far with no luck):

• Bec-de-Corbin
    Two-Hand Damage: 13 to 85
    Durability: 42 of 55
    Required Dexterity: 91
    Required Strength: 133
    Required Level: 25
    Polearm Class - Normal Attack Speed
    Item Version: 1.10+ Expansion
    Item Level: 64
    Fingerprint: 0xf5230eb4
    Socketed (4: 0 used)

Here's a screenshot of my RWM directory:
runewordspath.jpg

By palurien at 2010-03-28

And here's the shortcut I use to launch the game:
shortcutsetup.jpg

By palurien at 2010-03-28

If anyone could point out where I'm going wrong I'd much appreciate it.

Another question: I noticed that Thyiad mentioned 2 alterations required for ATMA to work with the new essences in 1.13c in this thread, but how do I install those?

Your shortcut says -text... It needs to be -txt

Thanks a lot, it works now :) Sorry for not spotting it myself, I think I must've stared myself blind looking for ways to fix it when it was such a silly mistake.

Status
Not open for further replies.
PurePremium
Estimated market value
Low
High