HC MP/Trade Folks: Your opinions about extreme-cheese are wanted, please post!

That is awesome!

I will do a thorough study this weekend, time permitting.

Edit::
This is off-topic from the actual thread intentions, but the discussion is here, so I will put this here for any readers following, instead of making a new thread, as I'm still doing research.

As of 1.00:
I first crafted, 1 of each of the 4 resistance rings, S&E, and checked the rings after. Then restored a backup of the .d2s file, and repeated. My findings for the 25 of each ring I did are that each recipe produces a ring with only the corresponding prefix that you would expect (Cobalt, Garnet, Viridian, and Coral) with no suffixes. All rings came out to be rlvl 13, with the same range of resistances, so that part is functioning properly, as intended. Maybe I didn't do enough testing, but I did roll 100 rings, so if they had the same odds of producing something higher quality than magic as gambling, I would have seen one. Each time, each of the rings re-rolled, and out of these 100, were always magical. Sometimes only a prefix, sometimes only a suffix, sometimes both. I didn't end up with any Set, Rare, or Unique rings in this manner. However, even if the ring re-rolled to another Cobalt/Garnet/Viridian/Coral, it did not re-roll a second time.

After doing 50 quick Garnet ring tests in 1.06b, the results appear to be similar. Patch notes says that the re-roll effect has been fixed, but I didn't test this at all.

Last edited:
Ah ok.

One other cheese that logout hasn't mentioned is Bonefarming (sorry about the music, not my vid). I presume this is very frowned upon?

For the record I am also playing 1.00 with logout.

blah blah blah, quit typing, get to mfing!

blah blah blah, quit typing, get to mfing!

It starts...

Triumphant Ring
Ring
Required Level: 2
Fingerprint: 0x3446c02f
Item Level: 5
Version: Expansion
+33 to Mana after each Kill

(I haven't actually forwarded it yet, only a backup to get a readout and then deleted it.)

PurePremium
Estimated market value
Low
High