Halloween Saw themed Mafia game.

Re: Halloween Saw themed Mafia game.

Did any see if Gorny's vote counted before he unvoted himself?

but I can at least talk. Until some dude is revealed through some manner, at which point I have to shut up for 48 hours.

I don't think that's a good idea giving away that information, but I need to explain my logic. Maybe we could get a code going for Gorny?

So are you saying that you're linked to Gorny in any way or?

Sorry if I'm missentepreting your post, but it's getting late here.

Anyhow we've dealth with post restrictions before. If Gorny can only use votes, then we can use that to get simple yes/no answers.

Not sure who should ask the questions, but since I'm going to bed now anyway, I'll go ahead and ask some, assuming you're allowed to use your votes in a way that will answer questions.

By voting for yourself, you answer yes to my question, by unoviting yourself, you answer is no. I will not be counting the unvote at the end of your post as an answer, since I can understand that you do not want to leave a vote for yourself valid. Anyway let's get the questions going:

Do you know if your post restriction will end?

Is your post restriction in some way linked to anyone else?

Do you know who it is linked to?

Are your votes valid for securing a lynch?

Can you be set free from your post restriction?

Will setting you free result in someone else getting killed?

Is it true you cannot post anything besides voting for two days, unless saved?

That's all I got atm. Dunno if the info we get, if any, will be helpful. So if anyone else has some better questions, then lets hear them.

With that said, let's not all get stuck on gettings answers out of Gorny, since we also need to deal with the mafia threat. I can't recall which game atm, but I remember... was it Ankeli(?) getting himself lunched because he was tired of dealing with a post restriction. A post restriction on Gorny. And he turned out pro-town.

@korialstraz I have no idea if I'm linked to Gorny. I'm linked in someway to one person. I don't really know how much I can say and not get modkilled in the process, and I think I've already badgered TC with enough trivial questions for one Mafia game.

does mario defeat bowser in every game?

noodle is bowser, although instead of fireballs he prefers antique rugs.

do we think there are mafia, or that we will be given tests that not all of us will pass?

Given that Zarniwoop is already dead or at least looks dead, I'm going to say there are mafia players to find.

@YAWP: I can understand that. I figured some people would be linked to eachother, especially after watching Saw 4, since the gerenal theme of things seems to be either a solo test to free yourself, or one involving 2+ people.

Unfortunately I'm terrible with names, and since there was no subtitles for the movie, I've already forgotten most of them. -.-

@korialstraz I have no idea if I'm linked to Gorny. I'm linked in someway to one person. I don't really know how much I can say and not get modkilled in the process, and I think I've already badgered TC with enough trivial questions for one Mafia game.

As long as my inbox is not 100% full, fire away with questions and I shall answer as soon as possible. That also applies to everyone else.

Did any see if Gorny's vote counted before he unvoted himself?

I did not, but no matter. We have quite enough time to see whether his vote counts.

Well, I agree Gorny is not what we should be worrying about today. If he knows something, it might be nice to have him targeted by our doctor, so we can be sure to get his information, but that is for the doctor to decide, and the day is still young.

I seem to remember another game where Gorny was post restricted, and Ankeli got furious about it, leading to his mislynch. Speaking of Ankeli, I believe he is Zarniwoop's favorite target. "When in doubt, vote Ankeli", I remember him saying once. Blaming Ankeli for his death is perhaps too obvious, but Ankeli as mafia might do it precisely because it seems too obvious... And, it could just as well have nothing to do with Ankeli at all, and Zarniwoop was targeted simply for being a good player and a danger to the mafia.

Now, what else have we got? I wonder about the nature of these tests we will be facing. Some of the tests and traps in Saw were for two people, which means we might have some roles that are connected to each other. What YAWP said seemed to hint at something like that.

Preview edit: korialstraz pointed out Ankeli's history with post restricted Gorny, and YAWP cleared up him being linked. I'm posting this as is anyway.

Given that Zarniwoop is already dead or at least looks dead, I'm going to say there are mafia players to find.

You bring up a good point... What if Zarniwoop ISN'T dead, but he's the one to look out for? He's the mysterious shadowy silhouette standing over the broken bodies as the movie progresses. You never suspect that it's "that guy" in the book or movie, but "that guy" turns out to be the bad guy.

If this theory holds, than here's what I think:

Zarniwoop was in the process of something. He had some diabolical plan all laid out and was getting set up to do something, that eventually would have involved him taking some drug or compound that put him out but he accidentally woke Gorny while doing this scheme. As a result, he wired (or did something) to Gorny that's made the poor bastard unable to talk. Gorny knows that Zarniwoop is the bad guy, but he can't talk right now.

This furthers Zarniwoop's plan. If we get Gorny out of it, and he starts screaming that Zarniwoop's the bad guy, guess what? We all start calling him a lunatic and seeing if the nearest insane asylum as an extra bed so we can check him in. Guess what? Zarniwoop remains untouched, and he's free to murder us. I say we lynch Zarniwoop just be on the safe side.

Vote: Zarniwoop

You bring up a good point... What if Zarniwoop ISN'T dead, but he's the one to look out for? He's the mysterious shadowy silhouette standing over the broken bodies as the movie progresses. You never suspect that it's "that guy" in the book or movie, but "that guy" turns out to be the bad guy.

If this theory holds, than here's what I think:

Zarniwoop was in the process of something. He had some diabolical plan all laid out and was getting set up to do something, that eventually would have involved him taking some drug or compound that put him out but he accidentally woke Gorny while doing this scheme. As a result, he wired (or did something) to Gorny that's made the poor bastard unable to talk. Gorny knows that Zarniwoop is the bad guy, but he can't talk right now.

This furthers Zarniwoop's plan. If we get Gorny out of it, and he starts screaming that Zarniwoop's the bad guy, guess what? We all start calling him a lunatic and seeing if the nearest insane asylum as an extra bed so we can check him in. Guess what? Zarniwoop remains untouched, and he's free to murder us. I say we lynch Zarniwoop just be on the safe side.

I like how this guy thinks.

Guess what? Zarniwoop remains untouched, and he's free to murder us. I say we lynch Zarniwoop just be on the safe side.

Don't we need only 1 vote on Zarni to see if it actually counts?

I was fairly sure tests was done in previous games where someone would vote one someone else (or himself), and then we waited to see if it did count.

No need to waste a days lunch worth of going after someone who is, according to the story, a dead player.

Preview edit: However TCs post does not help any on the situation.

Are we allowed to ask for a vote count? If so can we get one TC? >_>

Edit to previous post: Apparently we're wasting a days lunch. >_>

I better get some sleep! I'll check back here in the morning.

*goes crashing to bed at 1 am*

There are no votes recorded at this moment.
If you request a tally and I'm online, I will do it.

I say we lynch Zarniwoop just be on the safe side.

Wow. On a scale from 1 to 10, you get full marks for paranoia.

Sure, in the first movie, the killer was lying on the floor, in the same room with his victims, pretending to be dead. Until he got up and walked out. But, I can't really believe TC would go that far in the game. It would not be a proper mafia game any more if that were true.

That said, I see no harm in testing. If your vote is valid and counted, you may be on to something. If it is not counted, it means Zarniwoop is not a valid vote target due to really being dead, and we can move on.

I will proceed to vote myself, for the sole purpose of having my vote counted. I expect that your vote on Zarniwoop won't be.

Vote: Feysal

I think first and foremost though, we need to get Gorny fixed up. He MUST know something. Sadly, I'm no doctor.

But let's take a look at the clues: Ever since everything started, Gorny has changed his Avatar twice: During the first night, it was a burning skeleton pointing at something, then it changed to Neo getting his mouth sealed shut by the Agents (specifically, I think the one that plays Elrond in the LotR, Smith was it? The actor is Hugo Weaving). Gorny doesn't change his Avatar like that. I think he wanted to keep the Headless Horsemen avatar until the end of the Halloween event in WoW as it goes along with the quote in his signature:
"Prepare yourselves, the bells have tolled! Shelter your weak, your young and your old! Each of you shall pay the final sum! CRY for mercy! THE RECKONING HAS COME!"
He learned something, and as a result is no longer able to speak. What did he learn? Only he knows that, and the sooner we fix him, the sooner we can get to the bottom of this the sooner I can host my crazy Mafia vs. Mafia backstabbing galore Mafia game.

I believe Gorny claimed next after you YAWP, and Ankeli and Miss Leo are still in line with their games. Besides, I suggest you play a few more before hosting.

Off to bed now.

Actually, to be more specific about Gorny's first avatar, it was a burning skeleton pointing at you, zooming in on the skeleton. The skeleton had this look about it him like "IT WAS YOU!!!!!!"

Therefore, in my humblest of opinions, WE NEED A DOCTOR TO FIX UP GORNY!!!!!

I have checked the vote tally for today, and my vote on myself is the only one there. Therefore, Zarniwoop is gone, and voting him does not count.

Unvote: Feysal

Alright.

I still don't like it... We need more clues! How can we get to the bottom of this mystery without any clues? Someone (Hopefully not one of Gorny's enemies from a previous game) is a doctor and can fix up Gorny for us. Or maybe he'd consent to SOMEHOW start answering our questions for us. Gorny knows something, and if we expect to survive this intact and solve this mystery, we must know what he knows.

Unless of course Gorny is the one we need to kill, and sealed his mouth shut to garner sympathy from the rest of us... Hmm... The mystery deepens...

Unvote: Zarniwoop

PurePremium
Estimated market value
Low
High