Grief and Phoenix on a wolfbarb

TheNix

Jun 23, 2003
With my current character deep in hell difficulty, I've been planning my next character, the wolfbarb. I have both a Grief PB and a Phoenix shield but I cannot remember whether Feral Rage is one of the skills that the Grief/Phoenix combination doesn't properly scale with. I'm pretty sure it does, but I would like confirmation.

@TheNix Not sure exactly what you mean by scaling, but Grief and Phoenix are an awesome combo for a Wolfbarb. Bothe the +damage from Grief and the %ED from Phoenix work. It's what ARGH used. When I decided to make a Wolfbarb I read through all 32 of the posts that were then in the Mat/Pat thread. I included the breakdown of all posts as part of my Pat report ARGH the Wolfbarb. My build guide has some other info.

For those that went with one hand weapons Grief was by far the most popular weapon for the main hand (remember only the main hand actually does the striking) , but no one used a Phoenix shield. I had already made Pat before I had the runes to make Phoenix, but it clearly provided a major improvement in damage. I used Grief as soon as I could and went with dual weapons (beast and then Doom) till I made Phoenix.

Phoenix can be made in a shield or a weapon. The %ED on the shield does work, but it does not get included when it is a weapon.

As I quested towards level 99 and the TZs became available I eventually traded in the Phoenix shield for a blade of Ali Baba for the increased MF.

PurePremium
Estimated market value
Low
High