Friday

Got to play a little last night. Played Artemis, my HCL Hunter Druid, and got through the Arcane Sanctuary, the Canyon of the Magi, and 4 of the false tombs (no Kaa yet). Found Hwannin's Justice, Hwannin's Justice, Berserker's Headgear, Isenhart's Horns, and Scimitar (whatever that's called. The two belts dropped one right after the other. I sold one, but now I think I should have kept it and given it away.

I am also up to a flawless emerald just from gem shrines. I have 1 1/2 mules of chipped gems stored. That should keep us in the rejuves for a while, although I haven't had to use any, yet.

Have a good Friday, everyone.

Porius

Well, not much D2 time. I've reinstalled Deus Ex, wanting to finish that again before I tackle to second one. Such a cool game. Did some vlld with Strijdje earlier, and man thats fun. Cheers!

Kung Poo said:
Ah, last day of the work week for me. So nice.

Didn't play any D2 last night, and had my butt handed to me in NWN in the very first battle... wizards are weak. Very weak. Hope the whole game isn't like that, or I'll be one frustrated little man.

Be patient, get the expansion set (shadows of undrentide) and you'll find you pretty much own the game. It's just a matter of remembering taking that 30 sec. to rest to regenerate your spells (I'm a lazy lazy wizard, and died more often than I should have because I was trying to kill a dragon with magic missles and melf's arrows).

On topic, after finding a b-star I decided to twink out an avenger, Fafner, he's level 17 doing nicely, but aren't all twinked characters at this level.

this friday is awsome i have found mavs diadem in the pit and heavens light by mister baal today :winner:

with is made me post that little thread of mine about what to socket in the last one.

now if you excuse me i have to eat then its back to mf runs for my hammerdin

Katana, the silly-build assy is doing surprisingly well. Lvl 20 now, and on her way to confront Duriel. I relly dreaded the false prophet, probably because my first-ever character died three times in a row there. And this being my first HC char. and all, but it went smoothly.

Mind you, it helps she's a lucky girl, that got a decent rare cestus, decent rare armour and decent rare helm, as well as Gorefoot and Umbral Disk to play with.

Aliza is still doing pretty well with the three socketed bow and other stuff, she's lvl. 15 now.

Hope to off that big slug's somewhen tonight- that is, unless Ka demands a sacrifice, of course.... :xeek:

Congrats Bolin! :drink: Have one on me!

As far as my D2 time today, it has been quite productive. I got my Fishymancer from the Far Oasis past Duriel and Mephisto in NM. Found a few minor uniques, but nothing particularly cool. Fish has become my farthest-getting (uh... :scratch: you know what I mean.) HC character! The only other character I've had get this far was my singer barb who's currently stuck in A2 Hell. I've only had one NDE thusfar, and that was because I was trying to herd my merc and skellies into a room and got stuck between a bunch of Undead Stygian Dolls. Some quick thinking and the Attract curse got me out of that mess, but just. Had about 38 HP after that one. I should go to bed, but I don't want to. I'm having too much fun with this game. It's the end of my weekend, and I'm going to abuse it heavily by staying up late.

SLEEP IS FOR T...:sleep: ...SZSJKZZKDSKS...mmph...huh?...oh...SLEEP IS FOR THE WEAK!

Well it's friday and I'll be wasted later tonight. In the meantime, school.

Anyways. Played little D2 this week. Got a Self-Found Unidentified grail going on. I'm at maybe 75 items now. Meph has been generous, which is quite rare for me. Almost every run netting a good excep/elite unique. Best finds from him so far are Spiderweb Sash and Lich Wand.

@addicted2macs: How is the Disciple set working for you? Does it do well with your shockadin? Just checking before I go and make sure all my pally's stats are set to wear the stuff. As for an endgame weapon, I could always slap a baranar's on him (I probably will keep one on switch, no matter what, in case of immunes). I have a lightsabre as well, which might be feasible.

I dunno... what's a good endgame 1-handed weapon? And please, don't everyone start saying "a BotD 6-socket phase blade", cuz I don't have those runes, and probably never will. Schaefer's would be nice, but I don't have that one. Don't have a Horizon's Tornado either (I think that's what it's called). Baranar's it is, then.

Kung Poo said:
@addicted2macs: How is the Disciple set working for you? Does it do well with your shockadin? Just checking before I go and make sure all my pally's stats are set to wear the stuff. As for an endgame weapon, I could always slap a baranar's on him (I probably will keep one on switch, no matter what, in case of immunes). I have a lightsabre as well, which might be feasible.

I dunno... what's a good endgame 1-handed weapon? And please, don't everyone start saying "a BotD 6-socket phase blade", cuz I don't have those runes, and probably never will. Schaefer's would be nice, but I don't have that one. Don't have a Horizon's Tornado either (I think that's what it's called). Baranar's it is, then.

The Disciple, for my playing style, works great. The resists are as good as a Smoke armor, plus you've got the added skills, not to mention the insane +damage to demons from the gloves. It's also nice because it lets you get virtually any shield and weapon combo, or 2-handed weapon.

My shockadin wasn't traditional--he was built in 1.09 for holy shock and charge (using an Honor Colossus Blade), so I was aiming for a one or two hit death as often as possible. He's had some challenges in 1.10, but it's strictly due to my weapon choice.

I think the set works great.

Edit: had to remove my multiple uses of the word "nice" :)

I spent a large part of yesterday getting my new sorceress thru Act One. After I got to Act 2 and picked up my defense merc it has become smooth sailing! Mostly using Glacial Spike to freeze everything while my merc kills it.

Got to Act 3 and level 27 before I had to leave for work this morning. Hopefully I can get to level 30 so that I can get Frozen Orb tonight.

Kung Poo said:

A Crescent Moon runeword weapon is also pretty good for a Lightning-user, with -lightning resist and Chance to Cast Static Field (zap, zap, zap...). But then I like Crescent Moon so I would suggest that :)

addicted2macs said:
The Disciple, for my playing style, works great. The resists are as good as a Smoke armor, plus you've got the added skills, not to mention the insane +damage to demons from the gloves. It's also nice because it lets you get virtually any shield and weapon combo, or 2-handed weapon.

Don't forget the 35% crushing blow on the helmet, which is no doubt a great help...

Kung Poo said:
If you are a cold freak (like me), Nord's Tenderizer is a GREAT little club. Rune Master is also pretty good and it comes with 3-5 sockets. Crecent Moon is also good. Beast (BerTirUmMalLum) in a five socket axe is also an interesting choice, as it has PMH, CB, Open Wounds, and I think some Deadly Strike thrown in.

Aaahhh, just before closing time Katana came through. Whipped Normal Duriel's butt at lvl. 21, 15 skill points left. (Untwinked, HC, Shadow Discipl. only)

Are assy's overpowered in the early game? Sure, I'll agree I've had good stuff drop (but probably nothing from now on.. :) ), but in early act-3, everything just drops dead.

And there's no skill I've put more than on point in. Jeez, even the shadow warrior (lvl 1) survives, and the merc lived through Duriel. Kaa was wayy harder, but a juicy Beetle pack may have something to do with that.

Anyhow, Game On!
And have a good weekend.

LowLander said:
Aaahhh, just before closing time Katana came through. Whipped Normal Duriel's butt at lvl. 21, 15 skill points left. (Untwinked, HC, Shadow Discipl. only)

Are assy's overpowered in the early game? Sure, I'll agree I've had good stuff drop (but probably nothing from now on.. :) ), but in early act-3, everything just drops dead.

And there's no skill I've put more than on point in. Jeez, even the shadow warrior (lvl 1) survives, and the merc lived through Duriel. Kaa was wayy harder, but a juicy Beetle pack may have something to do with that.

Anyhow, Game On!
And have a good weekend.

Maybe you sould consider, making the game harder for yourself by typing /player x (where x is the number of people(1-8) and also the difficulty).

just a thought

Snake said:
Maybe you sould consider, making the game harder for yourself by typing /player x (where x is the number of people(1-8) and also the difficulty).

just a thought

Katana was started under the "silly build" constraints, stating I could only powerbuild beyond lvl. 20. (So no players x untill lvl 20, among other limitations)

Which I have complied to, and I now will start profiting from the better experience of players x, probably starting to (re)build from mid-act 2.

I am not a competitor in that "silly build" competition, but I am just curious how far I, with limited time, and the limitations I have set myself within the competition, could advance my char.

PurePremium
Estimated market value
Low
High