Forum Mafia: Killing in Kansas

Gorny1

Banned
Sep 9, 2003
Forum Mafia: Killing in Kansas

The Rules

Here are the RULES you must abide by.
1) You do not talk about your role outside this thread.

2) You do not talk about your role outside this thread.

3) If you post at night I will modkill you.

4) If you edit your post I will modkill you (This includes editing for spelling mistakes)

5) If your role allows you to communicate with others during the night, feel free to do so via PM, instant messaging or any other form you choose. Only those roles expressly allowed to communicate privately with each other at night are allowed to. If you have any questions, contact me privately.

6) Once you're dead, stay that way. Dead people tell no tales, or in this case, dead people make no posts. Suck up your death and keep watching and rooting for your team. There's always next round.

7) Votes and unvotes need to be bolded . If your unvote isn't bold, it doesn't count.

8) The required number of votes to seal a lynch for the day is equal to one half the remaining number of people alive (rounded up) plus 1. Once someone reaches this number of votes, they will be lynched no matter what; however, the day will still continue to its scheduled conclusion.

9) Never post anything in the thread that shouldn't be known to the town. Don't flame in the thread. If you have a problem with anything in the thread, please PM me and I'll do my best to handle it.

10) Any player may claim any role. I.E. Any player may claim to be something that they are not.

11) Do not post any information sent to you in a pm. If you're a townsfolk aka regular forum member, the only person you should be pm'ing (no private aim or msn conversations between each other) is me. Mafia can pm between themselves (or talk on msn or aim) only during the night.

12) I won't be telling you the starting roles, upon lynch that persons role will be revealed, people that get nk'd their roles will only be known to the mafia

13) Read the rules once more. Have Fun!

14) Day lasts 48 hours and night lasts 24 hours.

The game starts at night. Everyone that has something to do has 24 hours from now to send me a pm.

Do not post at night or i will kill you.

List of players and story will be given at the start of the day.

This is the start of the game. It is now 24 hours of night if you have something to do, get er done

feel free to PM me with and questions

If for some reason you did not get a PM, PM me. All of you should have recieved one.

Re: Forum Mafia: Killing in Kansas

The official start of the game and the start of night is as of the timestamp on this post, not the time stamp on the first post. The thread was created in a closed forum and moved here.

There will be a list of alive players as well as story in the morning, roughly 24 hours from now.

If you have dealings with The Nox (me) do so now.

The small town of Kansas slept quietly that night and all seemed like normal. But things were not as quiet as they seemed. For years Earth had been relatively safe from the Goa'uld System Lords, posturing egomaniacs driven by an insatiable lust for power, each one capable of unimaginable evil. Most had been killed by Sg1 alone.

Ra was the first to fall, killed by O'Neill and Jackson. Then Apophis, Yu, Bastet, Kali, Olokun, Morrigan, Svarog, Sokar, Zipacna, Hathor, Heru-ur, Seth, and Aries.

Things were quiet.

[highlight]Day One[/highlight]

The town of Kansas awoke to a bright morning, things went on as normal and people went about their usual business. Out side the town square, was a satellite phone. No one had noticed it started ringing quite loudly. It kept ringing and finally someone picked it up.

Greetings, a voice said.

I am Ba'al, and I want to give you my personal assurance, that we come in peace. We have been observing your little backwater planet for ages and now I will make it mine, starting with your very own dear dear... Kansas. My Goa'uld clones are among you and we have taken over the group known as The Trust. It is only a matter of time until your dear Kansas ...and Earth are ours.....

Halfway across town lived Ludacris. He had been a light sleeper and wasn't easily taken by surprise. He had not shown up outside at daybreak like the rest of the town nor had he heard Ba'al's phone message. Ludacris was found still in bed with a satin pillow over his face and an ear to ear grin. There were no signs of forced entry. His watch, and headset were on the table nearby. He was noted to be only wearing a pair of boxers with a bunch of odd looking number combinations on them.

List of people currently alive:

Noodle
Wicked
Marahumm
Thundercat
Bad Ash
Dloveswe
Spinns
Ankeli
BoD Trader
Es Mors
Asrrin
Donmario

[highlight]Notes:[/highlight]

Expect guest appearances by or references to SG characters, this is mostly plot and will not affect the game.

[highlight]Two things in game:[/highlight]

Asgard Beaming Technology.

Use: Will remove the user from harm's way (Saves from a lynch) The possessor of this does not know they have it. One shot use.

Ascension.

Use: When a true townie is lynched, they have a chance to ascend to a higher plane of existence. Ascension prevents the lynch but also removes the ascended from active play. Ascension grants all knowledge. For game purposes the Ascended will be allowed to learn one person's true rule. The Ascended must then make a decision:

Post once and only once night or day.

-or-

Return to life and be able to post normally, except that the returned ascended being may not post what information was learned.

Ascension is a one shot use on a random townie.

Day one has now begun and will last 48 hours.

OK, I leave in a few hours for a concert, from which I will not return until late tonight. Any thoughts on why Ludacris may have been targeted for the first night kill?

welcome to the game everyone!
Even though not all of you have lived in Kansas for a long time (=newbies). I'd like to see all of you be as active as you can.

There's 12 people here so I'm guessing 3 to 4 scum will be in play, or 3 and a third party player.
Perhaps noodle can give us some insight on how gorny would arrange a game like this, since they seem to know eachother quite well.

Can we expect any surprising events/roles? Or does gorny tend to stick to the classic stuff (even though he added a plot around it)?
Does gorny like 3rd parties? Or do you think he'll stick to the normal scum vs townie game?

There is also the matter of the Tok'ra. They are a resistance group hidden with in the ranks of the enemy. They are in this game and are pro-town.

This was mentioned in the other thread but i didnt notice anything here.

I believe the "scum" will think their numbers to be about 5 or 6 with about 3 or 4 of these being actual "scum"

This is a fairly large game with enough room to hide a good few roles within it. I'm fairly sure this means we're in for a good game.

I agree. I would expect Gorny to run a complex game, with some roles with very challenging abilities, but which can be quite powerful in the hands of a skilled player. It should be quite entertaining. The Ascension feature is interesting.

i'm guessing the tok'ra will operate as a bunch of masons: from wikipedia:
wikipedia said:
On the innocent's side, a "Mason" usually has no special abilities, but knows the identity of all other Masons and that all Masons are also innocent.[36] There are, however, sometimes Mafia Masons, who look like Masons, but are actually part of the Mafia. Innocent Masons all believe that the Mafia Mason is innocent.
so be warned, there might be a traitor amongst you!

He didn't mention anything about a third faction in his opening texts that I can see, where did you quote that from BoD? I don't think there is a serial killer role because there was only one NK, though there is still a possibility of a Cult or Mason type role available. I know that outside of the game shouldn't matter, but to find out who has a grudge against Ludacris I'd look in the last mafia thread to get a clue who would want to target him first. if there are 4 mafia then the mafia win in a maximum of 3 days, which seems like too short of a game too me. I wouldn't be surprised if there are 3 mafia, as that would make the game last longer.

If you click the little red arrow by the quote it will take you to the quote in it's original context. As is said in my post it was quoted from the other thread i.e the signup thread.

Ill be back tomorrow for much more posting.

btw, I think it started as day and not night otherwise there would be a kill. i dont think anyone was targeted at night cause there wasnt one
:p

Ill be back tomorrow for much more posting.

btw, I think it started as day and not night otherwise there would be a kill. i dont think anyone was targeted at night cause there wasnt one
:p

The game starts at night. Everyone that has something to do has 24 hours from now to send me a pm.

Do not post at night or i will kill you.

The official start of the game and the start of night is as of the timestamp on this post, not the time stamp on the first post.

I don't really think it did :)

And there was a kill it was Luda

Oooo Interesting. This is going to be fun.

Too bad I have to leave soon.

I never knew about the red arrow BoD, thanks for showing me.

The only logical assumption as to why Luda was killed is to blame Noodle. Luda came up with the idea of killing either him or CC in the first night of the last round. So since just me and Luda are playing from the last mafia crew, he was the target. Or if we are on the subject of holding grudges, anyone of the NKs could do the same (wicked or Dlove included). Im not pointing any fingers, just stateing my point of view as to whom might have targetd Luda.

Except I don't hold grudges. That's a bush league way to play, considering the roles are randomly generated. Anyone who plays driven by emotions carried over from a prior game is a flat-out poor player. are you pointing at me because I switched you two nights in a row last game?

Alright, obviously Luda was killed while getting laid, so there's a girl mafia afoot.

j/k

I think Luda is a random townie kill. Seeing as how noodle was a high-profile character last game and was targeted AND spared, I think this time around the scum are getting a tad smarter just in case there's a doc nearby that would probably protect a high-profile player.

i'm guessing the tok'ra will operate as a bunch of masons: from wikipedia:

so be warned, there might be a traitor amongst you!

From a "lore" point of view, the Tok'ra are a resistance group within the Goa'uld (our enemy), who are good and work against them. However, if I remember correctly, there was a case where one of the Tok'ra were captured and inplanted with a device that made them go all mental and kill someone once the device was triggered. He had no memory of this until it actually happened. If there is any known mafia game character that would suit this scenario we would need to look out for that.

That's the insight I have to offer so far. Of course, it could mean nothing, but that's what I've got so far.

I would hope that Gorny wouldn't add such complicated alliances based strictly on the Stargate universe. All these names from the show are a bit hard to follow and might lead to unnecessary confusion to those that know nothing about Stargate (me).

PurePremium
Estimated market value
Low
High