Fast necro Uber Tristram run (video)

yeah...how do you manage to deal with the conviction + lighting dmg from meph?

maxed res? high life? etc....

You can stand far enough that you won't get hit by lightning damage from Meph, but merc must have massive stacked resists to survive (like CoH + Kira). Minions don't really seem to get effected by the damage (at least mine don't). Even if you managed to get the skeletons killed somehow, revives are outright invulnerable.

true enough...

so decrep tele on top and run back...and hope somewhere in between you don't get nailed by some massive dmg?

hows your res during conviction?

Haven't checked, but I imagine it's pretty low. I have just enough resist gear to max resists (no stacking). I have 2k something hit points after BO, and even then lightning takes off huge amounts of HP. So yeah, teleport and run away :badteeth:

lol..ok pretty much what ive been doing..however without an act 2 merc with massive CB i can't kill the ubers...so ive had to call on my zmiter both times ive tried (even with a small contingent of cows lol...yeah cows...and maulers)

right now im doing ubers with my friends and its a bit challenging....i dont think i can do ubers alone? i have ur set up exactly the same and my merc has the same setup. I can do mini ubers with no problem but in ubers diablos minions keep spawning like crazy.

comson said:
right now im doing ubers with my friends and its a bit challenging....i dont think i can do ubers alone? i have ur set up exactly the same and my merc has the same setup. I can do mini ubers with no problem but in ubers diablos minions keep spawning like crazy.

I think you should just try and tele onto diablo and then terror the minions away from you. After watching foosofts video i tried the same thing and it worked out fine. Just remeber to keep the pitlords away from your urdars! You want them scoring cb hits on diablo, not wasting their precious 3 minutes on the pitlords! O and very nice run foosoft, inspired me to try the ubers again after my first failure.

well i have the same setup as you do only merc has Bramble armor and eth CV infinity. and i just ran the ubers solo for the first time. (Also im lvl 89) and it was difficult but i can out succesful... (got a 16-15 Ptorch! woot) but i didnt use the terror curse which i probably should have used cuz i got raped by minions and my merc did die 2x (damn him) but overall the run went great. TY foosoft for excellent build.

First off, excellent build for a summoning necro. After hearing that a summoning necro would get owned against the ubers, I was really looking forward to finishing this build and going on my first run. Yesterday, I finally had my chance. My lvl 87 necro. had little trouble taking on the ubers. I only used 3 potions for myself and 4 potions for my merc (nm act 2.) Neither of us died! As far as the run, I did revive 3 or 4 urdars, with a couple of pit lords, and I have 15 mages, 15 skeletons, and my clay golem. When I entered Tristram, I was able to single out Mephisto, and I had absolutely NO problems with him. I used 0 potions and my merc used 1. After that, in my failed attempt to solo Baal, I engaged in a very interesting fight against BOTH Baal and Diablo. I did lose all my mages during this fight, but I lost none of my skeletons or revives. Also, like I stated earlier, my merc stayed alive, and I never felt myself in any kind a danger. Terror and Decrepify are as good as advertised!! This was my first attempt at building a necro., and I have to say he is probably my favorite character now. Great job Foosoft on the build, and I highly recommend this build for anyone out there looking to build a summon necro.

lol...yeah its pretty sweet...i guess i always had trouble..i emplyed terror to thin out the minions but tried to use lifetap instead of decrep on the ubers themselves....AND typically got swarmed by more than one uber at a time...

have to be more patient to lure one at a time...

Need help with Mephisto

I have a lvl88 summon necro, after entering Tristram, I usually come to Mephisto first, this is where I have problems. My merc only has 55 resists instead of 75 so obviously, he dies within a few seconds of coming into contact with Mephisto. If I manage to kill Mephisto, Baal and Diablo are cake, so my question is, if I can manage to get my mercenarie's resists to 75, will that enable him to live through the battle with Mephisto. I have lvl 15 BO and he has around 3k life with BO. And I need him to kill Mephisto because he has around 65 crushing blow. Can anyone help me out?

CrumblyOldBread said:
I have a lvl88 summon necro, after entering Tristram, I usually come to Mephisto first, this is where I have problems. My merc only has 55 resists instead of 75 so obviously, he dies within a few seconds of coming into contact with Mephisto. If I manage to kill Mephisto, Baal and Diablo are cake, so my question is, if I can manage to get my mercenarie's resists to 75, will that enable him to live through the battle with Mephisto. I have lvl 15 BO and he has around 3k life with BO. And I need him to kill Mephisto because he has around 65 crushing blow. Can anyone help me out?

Even with 75 resists you will have problems. You need to stack them quite a bit higher. Get a CoH and Kira for your merc and you will have no problems.

I've a fishy with the standard stuff-max RS, SM, and CE. Now I chose to max GM so I can make an IG for general playing, and I was wondering do u really need maxed mages or is 1 pt with + skills enough? I know that maxed mages will have a longer poison duration, but is that really crucial?

One more question, these videos all use "real" time, right? They aren't sped up at all? Your reflexes and muscle memory are amazing. =)

--Curby

Not really, skill switching is slower than how l do :lipsrsealed: Even then, it's a turtle's pace compared to ghost assassins.

can some one explain a little better to why a HOTO would be better then Beast?

I understand that HOTO adds + to skills, resists, and FCR but wouldnt the fanta from Beast be all around better for your skellies and merc? Since the main thing that kills bosses is Crushing Blow, wouldnt Fanta just add damage and attack speed for more effectiveness of CB?

Re: Fast necro Uber Tristram run (video)

can some one explain a little better to why a HOTO would be better then Beast?

I understand that HOTO adds + to skills, resists, and FCR but wouldnt the fanta from Beast be all around better for your skellies and merc? Since the main thing that kills bosses is Crushing Blow, wouldnt Fanta just add damage and attack speed for more effectiveness of CB?

good question

PurePremium
Estimated market value
Low
High