Fast necro Uber Tristram run (video)

FooSoft

Mar 28, 2004
Fast necro Uber Tristram run (video)

Since uber running is a common topic of discussion around here, I figured I'd share a clip I made this night of one of my Uber Tristram runs. Hopefully this will break some misconceptions people have about summoners running trist, and encourage them to try to solo themselves as opposed to limiting themself to being a "tank" or a "curse *****".

Barring a few mistakes I've made during the run (merc dying while fighting Meph), the quest turned out pretty well, being over just under six minutes after the portal. I will strive to make a "perfect" video that is comparable to that of a smiter in the near future :wink3:

Things to note in video:
1) Effectiveness of clay golem/decrep slow effects
2) Terror works really well against the minions
3) Life tap is not needed or even desired (over decrep)
4) Mages stop uber life regen completely during town runs
5) Urdars are awesome
6) Not a single summon died in the run (not even the mages!)

Anyway here's the video, enjoy:

http://rapidshare.de/files/25347176/FooSoftNecroTrist.avi.html

Nice run!

but why didn't you pick up that magical diadem on your second tour for urdars? :D

makes me want to try again. My last necro got owned there, but now my skellies are much higher.

Could you give your level, gear, SM, RS, & RM level? This is very interesting to me.
I've read from a few differently places that summon necros had no chance in there and then I started making a frenzy barb. Well, my barb is nowhere near as powerful as my necro - bleh.

Ok, after watching the video I see you obviously have Enigma and then sometype of runeword flail?

Are you recasting decrep so fast because Meph casts something that gets rid of it or do you just not want it to run out? Also, in your post above you say that the Mages stop uber life regen during town runs - why exactly is that?

Thanks for your help. I've wondered about the feasibility of trying this. My summon necro is level 85 with homon/shako/AoKL/Marrow/nectorch. I don't have runeword armor, but the Naj's lt plate I have seems to work ok. I don't remember exactly what level SM and RS I have but it's pretty high (14 skellies). My army has NO problem with baal & his minions whatsoever so obviously my next challenge is an uber trist run at some point (once I can teleport).

Incidently, I've found that my summon necro is great for Nihlathak key runs.

zuke said:
Ok, after watching the video I see you obviously have Enigma and then sometype of runeword flail?

Are you recasting decrep so fast because Meph casts something that gets rid of it or do you just not want it to run out? Also, in your post above you say that the Mages stop uber life regen during town runs - why exactly is that?

Thanks for your help. I've wondered about the feasibility of trying this. My summon necro is level 85 with homon/shako/AoKL/Marrow/nectorch. I don't have runeword armor, but the Naj's lt plate I have seems to work ok. I don't remember exactly what level SM and RS I have but it's pretty high (14 skellies). My army has NO problem with baal & his minions whatsoever so obviously my next challenge is an uber trist run at some point (once I can teleport).

Incidently, I've found that my summon necro is great for Nihlathak key runs.

flail is probably heart of the oak runeword.

probably recasts decrep cause he doesnt want it to run out.

poison mages fire increadibly low dps but increadably long duration poison at high lvls, monsters cannot naturally regen life while afflicted by poison.

congrats on the good work btw.

Here's my setup as per request:

Character: Maleki
Level: 93
Hell resists: Max
Life: 1315 (2192 after BO)
Mana: 741 (984 after BO)
Armor: Dusk Enigma
Helm: PTopaz Shako
Shield: PDiamond Homunculus (lidless on switch)
Weapon: 36% HOTO (6/6/3 crystal CTA on switch)
Ammy: +2 necro/43 mana/13 resist all (rare)
Gloves: Magefist
Boots: +2 SM Marrowwalk
Rings: 2x Soj
Belt: Arachnid Sash
Charms:
7x summon skillers (mostly plain),
40/139 Gheed,
13/20/6 Annihilus
18/19 Torch
4x 7mfsc
3x vsc

Merc: Kasim
Type: Might
Level: 93
Life: 2087 (3819 after BO)
Hell resists: Max
Helm: Guillaume's Face (clean)
Armor: Archon COH
Weapon: Eth Infinity Thresher

Skills (actual skill in parens):

Curses:
1 in each (21)

PnB:
Corpse Explode: 20 (39)

Summon:
Skeleton Mastery: 20 (47)
Raise Skeleton: 20 (45)
Raise Skeletal Mage: 20 (45)
Clay Golem: 1 (26)
Golem Mastery: 1 (26)
Summon Resist: 1 (26)
Revive: 1 (26)

Misc:
Battle orders: 0 (16)
Battle command: 0 (16)
Teleport: 0 (11)

7x skill points unused

Base Energy
Base Dex
Enough Str for Equip
Rest Vita

mathstheheroin said:
flail is probably heart of the oak runeword.

probably recasts decrep cause he doesnt want it to run out.

poison mages fire increadibly low dps but increadably long duration poison at high lvls, monsters cannot naturally regen life while afflicted by poison.

congrats on the good work btw.

Correct on all counts :smiley:

to complicated, a smiter's a simple mouse1click method to do the job hehe :p
but nice run indeed

A most excellent run by an obviously experienced summoner.
Kind of awe-inspiring to watch.
Congrats. :thumbsup:

wow, thats an amazing character.... I guess thats an uber based character cuz most of the equipment is geared for skills, whereas mine is a mf necro and all my equipment is based for mf, did you roll all the charms yourself?

erock said:
wow, thats an amazing character.... I guess thats an uber based character cuz most of the equipment is geared for skills, whereas mine is a mf necro and all my equipment is based for mf, did you roll all the charms yourself?

Nah, charms were bought for Pul - Um each.
Although the equipment provides a lot of skills, I have a huge amount of MF as well (ptopaz shako, gheeds, enigma, mfscs). When I MF I put on chances and war travs for even MORE mf, w/o really sacrificing anything (except a lower FCR breakpoint on teleport).

but if you have a torch when you kill ubers, doesn't that mean a torch doesn't drop? or have i been misinformed?

erock said:
but if you have a torch when you kill ubers, doesn't that mean a torch doesn't drop? or have i been misinformed?

It drops just fine (you can even see it in the video). You just won't be able to pick it up (that's what a mule is for).

PurePremium
Estimated market value
Low
High