Fast necro Uber Tristram run (video)

wow i kind of want to make a summoner now...hmmmmm

but i also want to finish my poison necro, but now i'm not sure :X

Hey dude,

Nice run, I also have a necro 94 (Mr-brok). That way how u attract meph in the right position, that is a good tip! Gives me more urdar time......

Euhm only one little tip: give your merc a kira guardian of 70 that will increase the chance of surviving of your merc. and for the first hit use oak sage..(this gives one hit extra).

For the rest....[NICE]

Yeah, I'm actually planning to do this on my next "perfect" run (Umed Kira). It's kind of scary how fast my merc went down despite his great equipment.

FooSoft, how well do you do against the mini-ubers(ie. Lilith, Duriel, Izual)??

I really want to make one of these, but I also want to make a godly WWsin, but they're pretty expensive and I'm not sure if I'd even want one, plus, with a summonancer, I'd get a return on my HRs invested, but with a PvP character, no such luck!

Anyone have any advice?

great job makes me want to make a summoner !!!

quick noob question ... whats a urdar ... those big guys w/ the clubs?

tuxor said:
FooSoft, how well do you do against the mini-ubers(ie. Lilith, Duriel, Izual)??

I really want to make one of these, but I also want to make a godly WWsin, but they're pretty expensive and I'm not sure if I'd even want one, plus, with a summonancer, I'd get a return on my HRs invested, but with a PvP character, no such luck!

Anyone have any advice?

Mini ubers are incredibly easy. If you have your summon skills in low to mid 30s you'll do just fine. Just remember that golem and decrepify completely locks the boss down, so that they just stand there soaking up damage.

nice job... that's amazing. I'm going to show my friend who casts life tap for me in trist this vid to give him some pointers

heh thats almost exactly the build i had planned, but i may max golem mastery for the life... think thats a good idea, or will it be unnessecery?

munchkins said:
heh thats almost exactly the build i had planned, but i may max golem mastery for the life... think thats a good idea, or will it be unnessecery?

Golem has absolutely no problem with hitpoints (the rest of your army will die before he does). Maxing mastery would definitely be a mistake.

TrapperLoc said:
if you could use a beast zerker, would you use it besides the hoto?

I haven't tried that, but I think I'll stick to HOTO just because it is more well-rounded (nice resists, cast speed, and of course skills).

OMG, u just changed my opinions on making a summon mancer, the gear does nt look all that "TUFF" to get either, this is my next char....Great job man

Could obedience be a good substitute for inifinty? It has everything except PMH and Mf. I dunno if conviction hurts physical resistance too, maybe thats what makes it better? Thoughts?

Obedience
5 Socket Polearms
Hel + Ko + Thul + Eth + Fal
30% Chance To Cast Level 21 Enchant When You Kill An Enemy
40% Faster Hit Recovery
+370% Enhanced Damage
-25% Target Defense
Adds 3-14 Cold Damage 3 Second Duration (Normal)
-25% To Enemy Fire Resistance
40% Chance of Crushing Blow
+200-300 Defense (varies)
+10 To Strength
+10 To Dexterity
All Resistances +20-30 (varies)
Requirements -20%

Infinity
4 Socket Polearms
Ber + Mal + Ber + Ist
50% Chance To Cast Level 20 Chain Lightning When You Kill An Enemy
Level 12 Conviction Aura When Equipped
+35% Faster Run/Walk
+255-325% Enhanced Damage (varies)
-(45-55)% To Enemy Lightning Resistance (varies)
40% Chance of Crushing Blow
Prevent Monster Heal
0.5-49.5 To Vitality (Based on Character Level)
30% Better Chance of Getting Magic Items
Level 21 Cyclone Armor (30 Charges)

Obedience will do more for your damage and attack rating with enchant. Infinity will be better for lowering monster resistances and defense. Since necros don't use attack rating and dont physically kill monsters with melee weapons, obedience would be somewhat worthless.

Conviction will affect all monsters. Even if it cannot break a monsters immunity, it will lower their defense. Enchant, although good in norm and nm, will not be as effective in hell because of the vast number of fire immunes and fire resistant bosses.

He (the necro) is using conviction to make the monsters easier to kill. If you notice, its an infinity thresher, which is not the most damaging weapon. The runeword is made for the aura really, although if you put it an elite polearm, like a cryptic axe, it will do excellent physical damage as well.

Reason for it being a Thresher is that with faster attack you will land more crushing blows (which is superior to normal damage). My whole merc is built around dealing out lots of crushing blow very fast.

I have no idea why people would do anything except a thresher and lose out on the attack speed.

erock said:
Could obedience be a good substitute for inifinty? It has everything except PMH and Mf. I dunno if conviction hurts physical resistance too, maybe thats what makes it better? Thoughts?

Conviction lowers enemy AR meaning that your skeletons hit more often (and do more damage)
Conviction also lowers resists (obviously). This boosts mage damage and makes CE even more powerful (50% fire, 50% phys)

What do u think?

IS mage really worth it? i myself was thinking about maxing Revive, since amp, and life tap only counts for melee

PurePremium
Estimated market value
Low
High