Do you twink?

How will the SPF both effectively and fairly reduce duped/hacked rune trading?

• Restrict rune trading to its own thread

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • Ban rune trades for Vex and above

• Ban all rune trades

• Ban all trades

• I blame Durf for the problem

• I need a beer :)

• Total voters
To twink or not to twink...

I didn't twink my first character in 1.10....but since she found all this great stuff along the way, why waste it? (how about the luck of actually finding a bartucs with an untwinked assassin?, that was like when the SoJ dropped for my untwinked Sorc in 1.09) I didn't need to twink my fishymancer though, I just wanted to see how many skellies I could get, sadly it wasn't more than 12 or 13.

I twink.

Mainly because I like te see all my neat items in action! I don't like to see them just collecting dust.

The Infernal Tools set for example is a total beauty on a newborn necro, but by the time you have completed it you probably have better things to use your precíous slots on.

Also twinking makes some of the more item dependant builds far less a pain like for example the pure Crybarb who need a lot of +mana modifiers not to be a total chore.

I can however also see the reason why not to twink. When you twink the whole "upgrading your stuff slowly as you go" dimension of the game is somewhat lost. Especially when you have a sizable stash of equipment for characters of all makes and levels.
And there is a special joy in assembling a powerful arsenal with little or no supporting funds.

You also learn to appreciate yellows and blues much more.

I try not to, but usually get to a point where I simply can't kill with the crappy item I found, then twink is th way to go. :D

I twink a little, but I have few items as yet. I have kind of mixed feelings. On one side, it makes the game less challenging, on the other, sometimes it's just fun to kick some tail without much effort. My main char. that I play is largely untwinked, by virtue of not having a char. with a higher lvl to find good items. I do mule off and on heavily though, especially gems, jewels and runes, depending on what I find for socketing, or if I want to roll a recipie or two.

hmmm...is muling off and on considered twinking? I know there are purists out there who won't mule on at all.

cheers,
chris

I don't twink, but I probably would if I could find something useful. Overall, I get started on a character and I just run it. I've started a grail stash but things go in and very rarely come out. Besides, having never gone past NM I don't have a lot of stuff to share with my new creations.

I guess it's just not something I think about very often.

PurePremium
Estimated market value
Low
High