Do you twink?

How will the SPF both effectively and fairly reduce duped/hacked rune trading?

• Restrict rune trading to its own thread

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • Ban rune trades for Vex and above

• Ban all rune trades

• Ban all trades

• I blame Durf for the problem

• I need a beer :)

• Total voters

luskan

Jul 7, 2003
www.freewebs.com
Do you twink?

Hi everyone. I'm new to SP but been playing D2 off and on since 1.06. I played mostly Battle.Net, but lag and character deletions (due to inactivity) drove me back to Single Player. Plus there are no PKs. ;)

I just wanted to know how people felt about twinking in SP, as it happens a lot on Battle.Net. I do, and now playing single player I'm tempted to use the -act5 switch to start with a level 30+ character. Of course, just starting off means I have to collect everything again, but that's half the fun!

So do you twink?

Yes, I do twink, but I see the -act5 command as a cheat, as simple as that.
It's cheap and quite cheesy, to say at least.

Welcome to the forum, and start over the way you would on B.Net, with a level 1 char ;)

Items only, and then only occasionaly. I didn't even know about the -act5 switch until recently, but it classifies as a cheat for me. Debugging commands cannot be used and be considered "legit"

Is twinking technically any transfer of items from another character or is it only the transfer of premium exceptional and/or elite items?

I voted "No" but this -Act5 thing sounds interesting for naked BF runs.

I may have to reconsider in the name of Barbarian nudity.

Kardiophylax said:
Is twinking technically any transfer of items from another character or is it only the transfer of premium exceptional and/or elite items?

Any items. Technically if you trade for an item(s) with stuff found by that character they're still untwinked, sort of.

I might twink if I had stuff I could use :) (I have a few uber items given to me by other SPFers that I still haven't built characters for...)

Nightfish said:
No "sometimes" option? :scratch:
Choose what you normally do. Now if that's 50/50.... (yes I should have added it in, but then again someone who smoked weed in highschool 20 years ago isn't a druggie.. just a politician :))

I've used the -act5 skill to test spellcasters and their skills (and synergies in 1.10) but since you have to start from Act 1 anyway I don't keep them. They make good mules that can hold mid-level equipment, but with ATMA this is no longer a necessity.

Kardiophylax said:

As far as I know it doesn't matter what item you transfer, a chipped gem or the windforce. If it hasn't been found by your char it's twinking. :)

Oh, and I didn't say so earlier but the act 5 thing is a cheat and therefore evil... :scared:

Well I suppose I do some twinking then, unless its a tourney or something. I like to get through Act 1 quicker.

I use items where I can - though usually high-end stuff, and not so much for lower levels. I really should get low-lvl twink gear organised.

lately i have played mostly on my ladder chars and those i don´t twink...simply cause i don´t have much items in my scl stash

and i have to say the last 2 char have been the funniest to play in a long time....

when i twink i basicly just run thru the game to get to high lvl so i can use the best stuff....but nearly all of those chars are stuck around act5normal - act1nm cause i get so bored on them.

i probarbly have like 5 chars around early NM that im just to bored to play....

Since I've been able to twink I've been doing so--it makes no sense to have most of a Sigon's set lying around and not doing anything with it, IMHO. In fact, I don't really see the point in MFing UNLESS it's to twink other characters--I'm not really into getting the Grail (although to do so would be nice).

I rather enjoy being able to rocket to the later difficulties faster and use more skills faster in my limited D2 time, which is made easier by twinking. Plus, I agree that MFing is useless unless you're planning on twinking lower characters.

Occasionally, I like to see what a complete set will do. Mostly I played untwinked as it is more challenging. :scared:

I twink, but almost exclusively from self-found bounty.
Ironically, the only char I play atm. is an untwinked assy, hardcore. Two firsts and a "long time ago" there... I find I'm even enjoying it!

I twink. Heavily, in fact as much as possible. My chars almost always have the best stuff possible on their lvl (of course I don't have godliest gear like WF etc). My new hammerdin did 2.2k dam on lvl 50, etc.

I used very much time in 1.09 to find items, I MFed a lot. And so do I now too. I have nice bunch of items, so why not to use them??

But using -act5 command is cheating imo, you don't have to work for those levels

PurePremium
Estimated market value
Low
High