Diablo 2 Resurrected status one month on

This shows how I should not even look at Metacritic scores, ever. This is (at least) one of the best games I ever played. Maybe the best, but top 3 definitely. A few weeks of minor issues, while annoying when they happen to you, aren't going to affect that.
I do wish LAN was back, I may not even play Bnet anymore. It would also provide means to continue playing if Blizz shuts down the service, but hopefully that is going to be very far in the future.

Reactions: Rush and ZeuSFV
I think the online issues are going to kill any life out of this game. Old timers like myself might still keep playing a bit but if you have to wait 20min on consoles, where the game isn't even that popular and has serious lobby and chat shortcomings, it is hard to keep doing that.

I think they seriously need to nerf teleport and people creating numerous games within a minute. I have a feeling they won't be able to fix the game without doing that. The game was never intended like that anyway.

Overall, the underlying mechanics of the game is great and remains true to original. There is aton of depth if you don't play the Uber characters (cold sorc, hammerdin, etc.) Graphics are also good. Too bad the online features which are also important are very bad.

Teleport works as intended for the past 20 years.
What needs fixing is their network backend.

Teleport works as intended for the past 20 years.
What needs fixing is their network backend.
I don't think the game has seen anything like what is happening now with possibly tens of thousands of games created within a few minutes solely for farming. I wasn't around all these years like some of you but earlier on people who farmed actually played the game. Now there is little interest in playing the game (just look at all the Xbox threads on their gamecard and it's all about rushing to hell, speedrunning and farming all the time. No idea which region is overloading their servers but if it is Asia, it wouldn't surprise me majority are creating so many games each minute.

This is not a new release so it probably hasn't sold much and I doubt Blizzard can afford to spend too much to upgrade their systems just for this (hence no response when asked about console lobbies/chat/etc, NintendoSwitch issues, etc.) So they only solution i see is to restrict teleport (which results in games being under a minute) or restricting extreme-farming which results in same issue. People questing won't be impacted and they rarely create games every minute.

I don't play offline but from what I understand those players are having issues too (crashes arising from patches for online issues it seems??). Without major financial investment, I just don't see issues being fixed.

498 queue at the moment
Blizzard needs to fix this asap

Diablo 4 Interactive Map
PurePremium
Estimated market value
Low
High