DClone - Want a Guide?

In your estimate, what is the charge damage with the setup shown?

• 10,000-15,000

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • 15,001-20,000

• 20,001-25,000

• 25,001-30,000

• 30,001-35,000

• 35,000+ (and HFS WTF Conner, that weapon is sexy!)

Votes: 1 100.0%

• Total voters
I've been knocking around the idea of writing up a Q&A/FAQ concerning everything you need to know about spawning the clone and fighting him effectively. This would not be a massive, comprehensive (ie. Strategy Compendium worthy) guide, but a (hopefully) brief overview with all the pertinent questions addressed.

I have been in on killing DC over 30 times and i have soloed him 11 times as well, At no time did I see any soj selling, I always asked, 3 times i was in mf games and NO soj count was happening and DC walked, So I really think the whole Selling Sojs is crap. I have never IP hunted either, Whenever I saw a soj count rolling I would get my zealot and kill all the superuniques except the one where I wanted him to spawn then wait, and i have 13x Annihilus to prove it=) (2x are P) My Zealot Solo kills DC effortlessly in about 2-3 minutes depending on how many ppl are in the game. I may be all wrong but it works for me=)

Go ahead and make your guide, but lets not claim any FACTS unless you can prove them.

GL

SinfulSlave said:
I just point people to the World Event link on the front of the Dii site. I dont see much use for a guide, JMHO.
Sin

Quite to the contrary! The dii.net guide is so full of stupid innaccuracies that it frustrates me to no end to have to deal with it. I wish someone would just give them the facts. I've posted how it all works numerous times.

I'm so, so, so sick of some clown telling me SoJ sales have nothing to do with the clone just because they read it on dii.net. Seriously. The guide is WAY out of date and does more damage than help.

Then again.. do we really want the purediablo.com masses hunting clones all day?

sasja said:
So how did it go - did you ever get around to writing a guide?

I am working on it as time permits. My druid is slowly working his way up the USWest ladder so I've been kind of obcessed with that. Give me a week and a half or so tops and I'll have it up.

Conan said:
I have been in on killing DC over 30 times and i have soloed him 11 times as well, At no time did I see any soj selling, I always asked, 3 times i was in mf games and NO soj count was happening and DC walked, So I really think the whole Selling Sojs is crap.

That's it? :D I have been fighting him an average of 4 times a night for the last 3 months. A lot of people refuse to believe it but soj selling does have something to do with it -- in fact, it almost has everything to do with it. Actually I also believe he can walk even when there is no player selling going on. Unfortunately, that is impossible to test at this time.

For the time being, trust me on this. Soj selling is important. Anybody who would tell you otherwise has no idea what they're talking about.

conan said:
I have never IP hunted either

You don't have to hunt IPs, but it makes your job of finding a DC MUCH easier if you do. IP hunting is brainlessly easy, and it's quicker than sitting around for months waiting for a lucky break. There people right here on these forums who have never seen a DC nevermind an Annihilus. I would like to remedy that. This community has given me so much in the three years I have been lurking here. I'd like to finally give something of substance back.

conan said:
My Zealot Solo kills DC effortlessly in about 2-3 minutes depending on how many ppl are in the game. I may be all wrong but it works for me=)

15-25 seconds for my werewolf. It's all about the gear (none of which, I'm pleased to say, needs to be godly). Some characters and builds have a very difficult time with DC -- particularly those that rely heavily on pure elemental damage (excepting the Sorc of course). Trapsins and Wind Druids are two of the tougher builds. Tank classes and necros can eat him alive. :thumbsup:

conan said:
Go ahead and make your guide, but lets not claim any FACTS unless you can prove them.

Well, the patch is still relatively young. There are still plenty of questions to be answered. However, an FAQ can always be modified when new information surfaces. Until then, I'll share everything I know. Having killed DC as many times as I have, I must know a little something. :rolleyes:

Frenzied Bovine said:
Then again.. do we really want the purediablo.com masses hunting clones all day?

Well, that's up to the members here, now isn't it?! :D Personally, I think everybody here has a right to know how it is done, even if they don't wish to partake themselves. I'd rather everyone was able to find an Annihilus of their own rather than falling for some lame BNet drop trade scam.

Dredd, I would like to collaborate on this guide.

And to all the naysayers..

If SoJ selling has nothing to do with it, how did I get 20+ annihilus?

Are you really going to sit there and tell me it's pure luck? That i've been mega lucky, while many others haven't?

Do you really think I joined all these very specific games, waited through LOTS of SoJ messages, heard everyone else on my IP count up the exact same SoJ numbers as me, saw Diablo Walks The Earth at exactly the same time simultaneously, and it was ALL A FLUKE?

Please, tell me again how SoJ's have nothing to do with it. The very prospect makes me laugh.

Facts. Pshaw.

Frenzied Bovine said:

And to all the naysayers..

If SoJ selling has nothing to do with it, how did I get 20+ annihilus?

Are you really going to sit there and tell me it's pure luck? That i've been mega lucky, while many others haven't?

Do you really think I joined all these very specific games, waited through LOTS of SoJ messages, heard everyone else on my IP count up the exact same SoJ numbers as me, saw Diablo Walks The Earth at exactly the same time simultaneously, and it was ALL A FLUKE?

Please, tell me again how SoJ's have nothing to do with it. The very prospect makes me laugh.

Facts. Pshaw.

Yes lets ignore facts, lets rely on opinions instead, lets make your opinion law, BAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAA

conan said:
Yes lets ignore facts, lets rely on opinions instead, lets make your opinion law, BAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAA

Actually, the whole rumor that player soj selling is just a ruse by Blizzard has been floating around BNet since the day the patch went live. The rumor is false.

At any rate, don't feed the troll. :D

Frenzied Bovine said:

I would love to collaborate with you. It'll make this FAQ much quicker to write. I'll PM you my email in the morning and we can figure out how to divy up the workload. Do you have MSN messenger by the way?

If anybody wishes to contribute their particular class builds and gear, just say so in this thread. I'm not sure, if a comprehensive build/gear guide will make it into the FAQ or not, but I may touch briefly on it.

Sounds good. I'll be sending you a PM shortly. Glad to have you along. :)

EDIT: Your PM box is full. I'll send you email information as soon as you get it cleaned out a bit. :D

Dredd said:
Actually, the whole rumor that player soj selling is just a ruse by Blizzard has been floating around BNet since the day the patch went live. The rumor is false.

At any rate, don't feed the troll. :D

Prove it, until then your just spreading rumors like everyone else

Lol, your wish is my command. Next week, I'll prove it decisively. Stay tuned. You guys are going to love what's in store ... :evil:

Dredd said:
Lol, your wish is my command. Next week, I'll prove it decisively. Stay tuned. You guys are going to love what's in store ... :evil:

As long as it isnt conjecture, unsubstantiated rumor, or d2 urban legend, (as is usual) I will love it

Good luck

Trust me, you'll love this. I'll post a thread when the event takes place next week. I needed to test some other things for the FAQ anyway and now thanks to a friend, it just might be possible to do. I can prove the soj-selling theory simultaniously. If you play on west, you might want to come see it in-game with your own eyes! That is the best way to know for certain.

It will be soooooo much fun! :)

Chynobi said:
Just to clear this question up he does appear in all difficulties but he only drops Anny in hell. :)
----
Paul
----

Yes, but since I have not personally seen him spawn in Norm or NM with my own eyes, I refuse to confirm it. For guide purposes, I can only confirm what I witness first hand for consistancy reasons.

D2data also lists that he can drop the anni in NM, but the odds are reduced. Again, I won't confirm that unless I see it myself. I feel it's important that this guide maintains a strict line between fact and theory for the sake of integrity. :)

Oh, if anybody does happen to spawn him in normal or NM, please, by all means /w *Planewalker03 or PM me so I can come see. (I'm on USWest sc -- ladder and non-ladder.)

Ummm i just found this forum/site and where is the Dclone guide because i really would like to learn how to find him i would als love to see this.. a anni would be nice but i really would just love to partake in the killing of an uber diablo it would be so fun!!![/ :lol:

Yeah come on guys get with the guide. I've not had a sniff of DC or seen the soj counter. And no idea how to IP hunt so i must be worse than brainless...
and how can you tell what servers are hot and how can you tell when you've joined the right one? Us noobs need to know....

I can confirm that DC definately DOES NOT spawn in Normal.

I've been on an IP with soj sales, and people in Hell games reported that he walked at a certain SoJ count that I saw pass by. He never spawned in my Normal game when everyone else says he did in their Hell games.

I also consider it highly likely that DC doesn't spawn in NM.

It has been reported that he can spawn in Norm/NM because the data files allow for it (and he even has a chance of dropping Annihilus in NM, according to the data files). But the data files are not the be-all-end-all - that is defined by the server-side game code, which can only be deduced through rigorous testing.

Dredd, thank you for doing your in-depth testing. I guess you are now the authority figure. I would still like to collaborate (and my inbox is currently empty). Mostly, I would be interested in explaining how my visualization of the realm/server/ip/game host process relationship in such a way so that readers can understand what it means when someone says "he walked on 42". Your observations will help a lot there, but I think have most of everything deduced already.

For instance, I already was 99% sure you could spawn a clone twice on the same IP but that everyone had to get a new game on that IP between spawns.

Contact me via PM; i'll give you my email addy and we can go from there (my email is not something I want publicized, sorry).

PurePremium
Estimated market value
Low
High