Beyond Infinity... To the Item Find Thread

Status
Not open for further replies.
Remember that Monarch rack I have in LK....well it finally produced. I was actually a little more excited when I got two akaran rondaches in a row to drop, but I havent been able to reproduce that. Also is there any use for naga bases...I have a rack that gives me lots of those. Also is there any reason to pick up large charms? I always do but wonder if I'm just wasting my time.

Screenshot047.png

Also is there any reason to pick up large charms? I always do but wonder if I'm just wasting my time.
I sell most of the large charms I take and ID, but I have kept and GoMule stashed six that rolled with +5 str and three with +5 dex. My favorites are the ones that also got a nice prefix mod: a "Burly Large Charm of Strength" and a "Serpent's Large Charm of Dexterity." I suppose what I like best about these large charms is that they give a whole level-up's worth of a stat in exchange for only two inventory slots.

nice finds everyone.

now, i've finally gotten my head wrapped around selling my only SoJ to trigger Pandemonium so I can finally attain an Annihlus charm ... read some quick guides, decided that my current playing character is well suited to blowing up uberdiablo, an LF Zon with Charged Strike.

- changed my players count to 1 (don't know if that makes any difference but what the heck)
- prebuffed my char/merc with CtA/Spirit offhand, raised a Valk
- sold my SoJ (was kinda sad because it's my only one in d2r, but the tradeoffs are more than worth it - and i'm sure i'll find - maybe - another one) forgot to mention that you have to do this in Hell mode (for those who have never done this before - I hope that you can buy back the SoJ if you sold it in Norm or Nightmare and nothing happens)
- was happy to see the screen go dark indicating that uberdiablo was spawned
- did this in act 1 and tele'd to rakinishu by the cairn stones and found UD.
- blew him up in maybe 9-10 charged strikes (my LF zon is level 94)
- merc is pretty strong, act 2 might with Infinity (40% crushing blow), andys with jewel and treachery
- got my unique small charm!
- now to MF another SoJ because ...

went to town and found out that I have a (slightly below) average anni. Oh well.

18 to attributes (10-20)
11 to resists (10-20)
+6 to exp gained (5-10)

Screenshot054.png

Last edited:
Aren't large charms mainly a thing of a LLD (low level duel)? Which obviously would not be of a much usage in SP?

went to town and found out that I have a (slightly below) average anni. Oh well.

18 to attributes (10-20)
11 to resists (10-20)
+6 to exp gained (5-10)
Still better than mine!
Crafted some 1.07 weapons...

...And got a BEARY good one!
Nice! Massive ED and that "greatly increased attack speed" is 40 ias, correct? Not a bad mod on that thing!

Last edited:
Lightning damage is the most per square on Large Charms. It can be useful for a very fast hitting melee build.
(Well without re-rolling ilvl99 SCs)
Large Charms can also be best in slot for physcial Bowzons as they can get the highest possible stats per square (+5Dex/Str). Combined with MaxDam/AR those are some sweet charms. Excluding Time travelled charms of course.

nice!

I've had something close to that in my old characters that are somewhere stashed away. I started from scratch with d2r.

my best small charm was a 5 all resist 20life.

again, lost to old files. I'll probably never see one like that again.

Reactions: BBS_Agonistes
LK Dave delivers a skiller with second mod! I have not found a high rune yet in LK (just running casually now and then). Dave is the one keeping me at it as he provides some semi useful stuff most of the time on otherwise empty runs.

Late clarifying edit: Dave is a corpse not a character. The item in question is well not the most sought after. :)

Ps. I should make a stash for stuff Dave drops and later make a character called Dave utilizing those.

Screenshot005edit.jpgScreenshot006edit.jpg

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.
PurePremium
Estimated market value
Low
High